PDA

View Full Version : The Metaphoric Body Parts of a Party

TGWG
2007-05-26, 05:13 PM
SO the bard is the party's "face" right? what about all the other classes? What body part are they? How about the non-core Classes? do any two classes serve as the same organ?

here's what I think. You are not limited to what I think. You are a living, breathing, person who can think for him or herself. Shoot down my ideas, post new thoughts, defend your input, do anything you can to contribute or develope your thinking.

The fighter is the Party's "right fist"
the Rogue is the party's "left hand"
(if anyone gets this reference to a famous quote tell me)

The cleric - it'd have to say - is the party's stomach, trust me a swooning heart doesn't make a person feal as good as a full stomach.

but I'm stumped as to what the sorcerer is. Bowels?

Belteshazzar
2007-05-26, 05:30 PM
Wizards are obviously the feet and legs. They get you around and hold your largest muscles. Besides they can always give out "a little bit o Thunder and some of his friend Mr. Lightning a little thunder, lighting thunder lightning"...and suckerpuch to the face. (This is my favorite quote from The Rundown)

Tengu
2007-05-26, 05:33 PM
Monk, bard or ranger are the vermiform appendix - not really needed.

Morty
2007-05-26, 05:41 PM
Monk, bard or ranger are the vermiform appendix - not really needed.
Not very good comparision: vermiform appendix is completly useless, while rangers, monks and rangers aren't, especially rangers.
They're like single lung or kidney. Useful, but you can go on with only one lung or kidney.

Ditto
2007-05-26, 05:46 PM
How about your second kidney? They're helpful to have around, but not necessary. :smallsmile:

Pirate_King
2007-05-26, 05:56 PM
how can the skill user be the left hand? unless your left handed... maybe I'm just not getting whatever reference that is.

vanyell
2007-05-26, 06:02 PM
don't let your right hand know what your left is doing *summons dove with left hand*

I'd put wiz as the heart, at least in any high level game.

cleric as bones (( marrow and all the healing bits that go with that))

Tengu
2007-05-26, 06:05 PM
Not very good comparision: vermiform appendix is completly useless, while rangers, monks and rangers aren't, especially rangers.
They're like single lung or kidney. Useful, but you can go on with only one lung or kidney.

Well, yeah, while those three forge the trio of weakest core base classes, they are not completely useless. Samurai is the appendix.

martyboy74
2007-05-26, 06:18 PM
It really depends on what incarnation of the various classes you are talking about. The UberCheeseWizards would be the entire body.

And its clone. And its clone's clones. And its clone's clone's clone. All of which are superhumanly powerful.

Fenix_of_Doom
2007-05-26, 06:39 PM
Isn't the wizard supposed to be the brain of the group?

TGWG
2007-05-26, 09:38 PM
no no. That can't be right. The brain of the group is supposed to decide what the party does next but in all - almost all - campaigns that decision rests on a consesus from everyone in party. (you guys don't just sit around until combat starts while some loudmouth decides everything do you?)

tobian
2007-05-26, 09:49 PM
Lets see...

The heart is the cleric/divine spell caster.
The brain is the wizard/sorcerer/arcane caster.
The arms and legs are the fighter/meele character.
The hands and feet are the rouge/sneaky type character.

And the soul is the bard. So, metaphorically metaphorically speaking the bard could take any shape in spirit. :smallbiggrin: Intangability is sometimes an issue though...

Tengu
2007-05-27, 03:22 AM
Artificer is the feet. Why? Because he usually smells of cheese.

Zaggab
2007-05-27, 11:25 AM
Artificer is the feet. Why? Because he usually smells of cheese.

My thoaric diaphragm, you will be missed.