PDA

View Full Version : Journey to the Center of Golarion IC

Urist Mcmage
2015-11-02, 12:55 PM
OCC thread is Here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?454661-Journey-to-the-Center-of-Golarion-OCC&p=20025601#post20025601

You have been tasked with what some say is an impossible mission: Map out and explore the Darklands and retrieve the treasures that lay within. You are in the dwarven hold of Highhelm, awaiting the orders to begin your quest. This is a moment to introduce yourselves to each other, to make any last minute purchases, or to seek advice from those who came before. Right now you are in the Stone Wolf Tavern, awaiting a meeting with Admor Ironseeker to finalize the agreement. The tavern is bustling with activity. Most of the tavern-goers and serving-staff are dwarves, but you see a few humans, and even one particularly scarred half orc, who is glaring at everyone menacingly.

grumblyarcher
2015-11-02, 02:29 PM
The first to arrive is a vital looking man toeing the edge of middle age. His hair is worn respectably short and well-trimmed and features a few specks of grey at the temples to match his salt and pepper goatee. He is not particularly tall for a human, perhaps a hair under six feet. Under his bulky traveling coat, he appeared to sport a slight hunchback, the abnormal lump behind his right shoulder causing him to slouch slightly. In his right hand, he carried a sheathed sword that was surprisingly thin despite being nearly as long as he was tall and that he used, somewhat ignobly as a walking stick.

His left, however, held a tiny gloved hand belonging to a shorter figure in a light blue traveling coat and cream colored dress. Her coat had a heavy hood that was worn up and about her face, even in the dim conditions of the tavern. He tugged slightly from time to time as she got distracted, trying to look at various things that caught her eye but they eventually made it over to a somewhat centrally placed table and took their seats.

The girl moved to take her hood down but the man gently placed a hand on her arm, stopping her without exchanging an audible word. When a barmaid came by, he placed an order for two cups of tea and a cinnamon bun before settling into the business of waiting for the rest of the company to arrive.

Kid Jake
2015-11-02, 04:05 PM
A short time later a gaunt young man in dirty, ragged work clothes enters the tavern; his disheveled appearance and dark eyes suggest that he's fallen out of his usual schedule and is having a hard time readjusting. He wearily orders the cheapest dish the place sells and walks over to a table adjacent to Lochreed's.

"Prices here are outrageous." he mutters, running a hand through his thick black hair in an attempt to make it lay back down. "I hate city living, makes me feel like a beggar."

Integrity
2015-11-02, 07:35 PM
Bruagh Stormbringer

Walking into the bar is a sturdy dwarf of average height and weight. He has tan skin, dark piercing eyes, salt and pepper hair and a thick beard to match. The man seems ready for battle, with a breastplate visible under his heavy tunic, and a trove of weapons hanging from various places on his body. The dwarfs nose is slightly slanted to the right and he has many small white scars crossing his exposed skin. The dwarf scans the room, first for any threats, and secondly for Master Ironseeker.

grumblyarcher
2015-11-03, 01:45 AM
"At least you aren't budgeting for two, lad," the older man said in a friendly if habitually paternal tone. He turned slightly to face the other man, taking his tea with him, "You been in town long?"

The little hooded figure, perhaps sensing the man's distraction chose this moment to slip off her chair and wander the tavern a little. Seeing the numerous weapons on the newest arrival, she approached, not seeming to think of the surly looking owner of the various implements of violence. Reaching out a gloved hand, she poked one of the exposed points, apparently fascinated to the point of obliviousness.

Rendel Nep
2015-11-03, 01:50 AM
Erush Satvutok

Meanwhile, at another end of the tavern another far shorter dwarf was sipping on his beer from a small mug with a much larger jug sitting there on the table. At the same time he was reading a book entitled 'Cyclops: a treaty on their battle tactics'.
The dwarf was formidably armed but rather short with all his hair braided up. He was there waiting but rather excited

Integrity
2015-11-03, 04:54 AM
Bruagh purses his lips and looks somewhat bewildered at the actions of the... Smaller creature. "You know, not many would willing want to make contact with the business end of my weapons... Whatt your story?"

Segrain
2015-11-03, 07:35 AM
It is no surprise that a tavern in a dwarven city is a place so popular. With so many visitors already inside, nobody would pay much attention to one more walking into a door - especially if it is just another dwarf. Neither is it surprising for such a visitor to be dressed for a travel (what, for dwarves, means being armoured and armed, of course) and carrying a solid pack - whether somebody is only heading out for a journey or just returning from one, visiting a tavern is probably what most people would expect a dwarf to do on either occasion. It is, however, somewhat unusual for said traveller to order only tea. But for the journey that Hvagir Tagnarr was expecting... he was going to need a clear head.

Besides, there could be time for a round of something more dwarven once entire group was to gather. Admor Ironseeker was nowhere to be seen - but a quick glance over the tavern found a familiar face. "Erush!" - the newcomer exclaimed, resting his (long, at least for a dwarf) scythe against the reading warrior's table and placing his (big, even for a dwarf) mug on the same. - "I did not expect to see you here, but well met! By what fate is it, just a chance that brought us both hither at the same day and time? Or...", - the tall dwarf sat down, becoming less of an oxymoron, and lowered his voice alike, to be heard only by one person in the tavern, - "say, same day and time... you are armed for battle, but I know you for a scholar... if not for each other, did we come hither for the same fellow seeker of ancient lore?"

Urist Mcmage
2015-11-03, 12:23 PM
after some time waiting, the tavern doors burst open, and in steps the dwarfiest dwarf that ever dwarfed. He is short, even for a dwarf, but he has a massive beard that is braided and adorned with many metal ornaments. He is garbed in ornate dwarven fullplate covered in masterwork engravings of carp and dwarves killing elves and dwarves running around on fire. Across his back is strapped a massive battle axe. He swaggers up to the bartender and orders a tankard of fortified purple mushroom wine and a leg of mutton. He then walks over to your group's table and says " M' name is Admor Ironseeker, and I hear ye be wanting to explore the Darklands."

Rendel Nep
2015-11-03, 07:05 PM
Erush nods at this old workmate "Glad t'see yer, Reverend Tagnarr. Nah, i had just been visitin' mah family nearby when they spoke o' this quest as they knew I be lookin' fer such a thin'. Unearthin' ancient relics an' tomes be one draw card but Gladdringgar be me main reason fer bein'ere. As fer bein' a soldier or scholar, I like ta think I be dabbling in a bit o' both." He has more to say but is interrupted by the emergence of Admor from the crowd.

"Explorin' an Gladdringgar" Erush says in agreement with the task at the forefront of his mind

Kid Jake
2015-11-03, 08:01 PM
Barrigan shakes his head, "Not especially. I'm just waiting for..." the young man trails off as Admor approaches. "This guy, actually."

Integrity
2015-11-04, 05:05 AM
Bruagh nods, "That'd be why I am here."

Segrain
2015-11-04, 08:30 AM
"Gladdringgar..." - the priest repeated, nodding in understanding and agreement. A single word was enough to explain a lot - and it was good, for the one who brought them together finally appeared. Ironseeker was... hard to miss. Perhaps he was trying to impress some humans, and he probably had a good chance of succeeding at that; but it was going to take much more to compel a Tagnarr. Of course, much more was already promised.

"Then you know all of us", - Hvagir stood up, taking his weapon and mug, and joined Admor at his chosen table, eyeing those already present, - "but each other we do not know. How many are you gathering, Ironseeker? Is everyone already here, so we can discuss our goals and plans?"

Urist Mcmage
2015-11-04, 10:55 PM
"So", growls Admor in between gulps of ale and bites of mutton, "I be gathering five of te best. I look te fund an expedition to the Darklands below, and ye seem to be the perfect people to do so. If ye accept me offer of sponsorship, I can offer yer group here fifty percent of the profits, along with first salvage rights to any magical weapons an' armor. So? What do ye think? Admor flashes a grin that would probably be toothy, were it not for his massive mustache blocking the view.

Integrity
2015-11-05, 03:50 AM
Bruagh wastes no time. He holds out a massive hand towards his new sponsor. "So I personally get 10% of your profits and my share of the spoils. I am in agreement. How soon can I start?"

Rendel Nep
2015-11-05, 05:12 AM
I agree t'yer terms. Any treasure just be icin' on an already laden cake.

Segrain
2015-11-06, 06:51 AM
"Profits? Salvage rights? Just what exactly do you suggest to... "salvage" down there?.." - Hvagir frowned, trying to comprehend Ironseeker's bizarre logic. Of course, phrasing things like that made it much easier to attract opportunistic people who jump at the first promise of untold ancient riches that just lie in wait for the first surface sweller to trip over them... but were they the kind of people whom it is a good idea to attract? The dwarven priest glanced briefly at Erush, knowing that he could trust at least somebody to have less avaricious motives, and then looked over others, wondering what to expect from them. And something was not quite right.

"You said "five"", - he turned back to Admor. - "Yet I count six. Unless one of us is blind, can you explain this arithmetic?"

Integrity
2015-11-07, 10:39 AM
Bruagh fumbles and shifts uncomfortably in the akward silence.

Urist Mcmage
2015-11-07, 04:35 PM
Aye, six, my mistake. If that is settled, I will give ye the map to the lost sky citadel of Ashak-Kaldur. I would go with you, but I fear that I would only get in the way. Follow the ancient road far north until you reach Kobold Pass, go through the pass, and you will be at a crossroads. Take the left path and eventually you should reach the ruins of Ashak-Kaldur. Torag be with ye.

Kid Jake
2015-11-07, 09:47 PM
Barrigan claps his hands together in front of him. "Sounds like a plan." he says, glancing around at his new companions. "I'm ready to make some coin. How about you lot?"

Integrity
2015-11-08, 05:33 AM
The heavily armed Dwarf cracks his neck and shrugs. "Let me introduce meself first and I'll be ready. Bruagh Stormbringer, tunnel guide of Clan Stormbringer, at yer service."

Rendel Nep
2015-11-08, 10:45 PM
"Mah name's Erush Satvutok an' I be tryin' ta take the hits so yer dun have ta. As far as roles go, I be a Warder. Stick by me an' with luck they'll be too preoccupied t'notice ye. Oh an be on the watch out fer mah shield. It might go flyin' occasionally." The other shorter, heavily armored dwarf responds.

Kid Jake
2015-11-09, 02:04 PM
"Barrigan Demousile," the young man says with a flourish of his hand. "A student of the unpleasant and the inevitable."

Rendel Nep
2015-11-09, 03:44 PM
Erush can't help but laugh at the human's vague and ostentatious description of himself.

Segrain
2015-11-10, 11:27 AM
"In this world, few things are truly inevitable..." - the dwarf spoke slowly, considering the alleged student of unpleasant with obvious suspicion. Not that the glances that he was giving to the quiet pair of humans were any more friendly. "I am Hvagir Tagnarr, just a mere servant of Magrim in this world", - he nodded in a late greeting, raising a hand with runic ring on its finger.

Integrity
2015-11-11, 10:39 AM
"Ready to roll.". Bruagha adjusts his pack and his weapons and prepeares to set off.

Urist Mcmage
2015-11-13, 03:20 PM
"Best of luck to ye, and may Torag watch over ye all." mumbles Admor as he stuffs his face with mutton. "And watch out for the 'bolds in Kobold Pass, they are crafty little blighters." he adds almost as an afterthought.

Rendel Nep
2015-11-16, 10:24 PM
So we be nominatin' a leader o' pathfinder o' wha'? I be ready t'get goin' but I ain't trustin' me self with a map an' you'' be thankful fer it. Erush prompts.

Urist Mcmage
2015-11-17, 12:40 AM
I trust ye know yer stuff well enough not to need a guide, and besides, were you are going a guide will be an extra mouth to feed. Also, I could not find any maps of the area or guides who had been there, so you will have to map it out yerselves.

Integrity
2015-11-17, 04:11 PM
"Alright, let's go."

Urist Mcmage
2015-11-20, 06:18 PM
Admor smiles and nods "good luck to ye all"

Rendel Nep
2015-11-23, 04:37 PM
Erush finishes the last of his drink and looks to the others indicating he ready to depart soon as someone points in a cardinal direction or at least out the front of the inn.

Urist Mcmage
2015-11-24, 05:24 PM
Admor points north and says " as I said before ye will be wanting to head north, through Kobold Pass, till ye get to a fork in the road. Once ye get there, take the left path and keep going and ye will hit the gates of the ruins."