PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make a Monk of Long Death: I rolled stats!

The Shadowdove
2015-11-02, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Let's make a monk of long death with the stats I rolled.

I'm making a backup character in the case my 57 year old human fighter/warlock dies in my upcoming campaign!

Here are the stats:

Give me:

1) Race
2) Class Mixture
3) Proficiencies
4) Background
5) feats (at which levels)
6) Weapons
7) Utility equipment (if any)
8) Playstyle (how does it approach problems)
9) other interesting things / flare features

I also like a 'level by level' progressive template.

Feel free to answer in your own format.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! The creativity on these forums/booksmarts never fail to impress.

-Dove

The Shadowdove
2015-11-02, 05:33 PM
I'll do one. Critique as you see fit.

STR 13
DEX 17+2racial
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 15+1racial
CHA 11

1) Wood elf
2) pure monk
3) Acrobatics, insight
4) hermit + medicine, religion
5) mobility level4, ASI +1 dex/wisdom level 8, ASI for wisdom at 12 and on.
6) Great Club
7) Grappling hook, ball bearings, shackles, dissection tools
8) Scheme ways to lure enemies into disadvantageous situations so that they can be captured for studies.
9) Has a stutter and pallid complexion due to lack of outside exposure. Seems friendly and sociable, despite obvious social difficulties, but an insight check can tell it's all a facade.

DracoKnight
2015-11-02, 05:50 PM
I'll do one. Critique as you see fit.

STR 13
DEX 17+2racial
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 15+1racial
CHA 11

1) Wood elf
2) pure monk
3) Acrobatics, insight
4) hermit + medicine, religion
5) mobility level4, ASI +1 dex/wisdom level 8, ASI for wisdom at 12 and on.
6) Great Club
7) Grappling hook, ball bearings, shackles, dissection tools
8) Scheme ways to lure enemies into disadvantageous situations so that they can be captured for studies.
9) Has a stutter and pallid complexion due to lack of outside exposure. Seems friendly and sociable, despite obvious social difficulties, but an insight check can tell it's all a facade.

1 ) Race: Wood Elf
Stats:

STR 13
DEX 18 (16+2 racial)
CON 15
INT 12
WIS 18 (17 +1 racial)
CHA 11

2) I'd do the same
3) Same
4) Same
5) Mobility, Magic Initiate: Druid (Shillelagh, Produce Flame, Charm Person), Durable, +2 DEX, +2 WIS
6) Quarterstaff, Greatclub doesn't work with Martial Arts
7-9) Same

treecko
2015-11-02, 06:06 PM
I think I'll add a less conventional monk: a fear tank. Because of the ki-less aeo spammable fear combined with the natural difficulty it kill a monk thanks to mobility and good saves (and temp hp for long death), the monk makes a decent tank.

Dex: 18
Wis:18
Con:15
Chr: 13
Str:12
Int:11

1) Ghostwise Halfing gets you lucky, perfect bonuses, and the telepathy is so cool
2)Pure monk is best monk
3) You want to get stealth, acrobatics, and perception, the rest is your choice
4) Whatever's cool, doesn't really have much mechanical impact, you want perception though. I like urchin personally.
5) You probably want stat increases first, getting your wis to 20 1st, but lucky or mobile or even mage slayer are all pretty nice. Sentinal might be worth noting for a tank build.
6) Quarterstaff and fists with daggers for range is the way to go
7) Rope
8) Prefers to use natural intimidation rather than outright fighting, likes to fear enemies then fight the ones with enough willpower to stand up to him.
9) Wrapped up entirely in bandages from head to toe with only eye holes. His quarterstaff also is covered in them. What do they hide? No one knows,but given his terse nature and obsession with death, it's probably not pretty.

Bazza Blackheart grew up on the streets where he learned that life is cheap. Without weapons to defend himself, he developed his own fighting style to defeat everyone who attacked him because he looked weak. When he grew older, he set out to improve his own strength, and concealed his face so no one would assume he was weak at first glance. He loves striking fear into his opposition and battling those who do not fear him.

Sample flavor, do whatever you want. Now I want to play this guy XD

The Shadowdove
2015-11-02, 06:25 PM
Quarterstaff

Sample flavor, do whatever you want. Now I want to play this guy XD

Awesome!

DOH I meant quarterstaff, hah..

FEAR tank, cool! I can see the wis dc spamming making the DM send fear immune mobs lol.

Haven't seen that halfling yet. I 'really' need to buy SCAG!

How does human compare to Wood elf with the first two builds?

DracoKnight
2015-11-02, 06:38 PM
Awesome!

DOH I meant quarterstaff, hah..

FEAR tank, cool! I can see the wis dc spamming making the DM send fear immune mobs lol.

Haven't seen that halfling yet. I 'really' need to buy SCAG!

How does human compare to Wood elf with the first two builds?

You're only getting two +1s instead of a +2 and a +1. For this build, the trade off of getting a Feat isn't that great unless you grab something to increase DEX or WIS +1.

treecko
2015-11-02, 06:40 PM
How does human compare to Wood elf with the first two builds?[/B]

First of all, the stats work out well because you can get you con, dex, and wis to even numbers. A feat at lv 1 is useful, although less so for monks. However, mobile is nice and there are some other good options like lucky. The only thing you're really missing is darkvision(which, granted, the halfling misses too).

The Shadowdove
2015-11-02, 07:03 PM
Right, Darkvision.

Lack of it can be fun to roleplay, seeing as most people pick a race with it this edition.

However, it stinks being the guy who's like "hey...can i please light a torch.." all the time haha!

Darkvision alone is worth wood elf... but yeah, I LOVE mobility on monks.

And, I think, Going human makes it so you can get mobility at Level 1 with 18 dex/16 wisdom (or vice versa). Making it so you get 20 in one of them at level 4.

treecko
2015-11-02, 07:13 PM
Be the big scary long death monk who is secretly terrified of the dark.