PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help with a Meleeficer

Grimtotem
2015-11-03, 04:49 PM
Hey guys, it's my first post altough I've been lurking is these foruns for a year or so, and I need a little advice, so I decided to finally come to you. Thanks in advance :)
I'm new to 3.5 and RPG in general(3 years)and I made a artificer with a melee focus for an Eberron campaign for newbies in the scenario, The DM doesn't know much outside Basics+Completes(excluding psionics) and the group is fairly low to mid-op so it was up to me to know how a artificer works and after reading some handbooks on the web, I decided to make a meleeficer. I'm having a blast with it, and everything is going fine for now. But I was looking for some advice for the future of the build.

I'm an Warforged Artificer 6, just got to 7 ECL, don't know if I'll dip or stay going Artificer
My Stat Block:
STR: 15 DEX: 8 CON: 16 INT:14 WIS: 10 CHA:10
Feats:Adamantine Body, Extend Spell,Persist Spell
I have taken the Warforged Artificer ACF and made a Battlefist Familiar, other than that I've got a normal Heavy Shield and recently found a monk's belt
Questions:
I'm going for the most used trick: persisted Divine power.
With a focus in melee, where should I go after that?
Does the belt help me in any way other then +1AC?
Is it worth to go for the feat that let my slam have eletric damage in cost of my health?
PS: I don't think the DM will let me use GMWallop, sadly.I'm almost sure that ToB is not allowed.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-11-03, 04:58 PM
Some things:
Why is your level 6 but ECL is 7? Warforged have no level adjustment.
Monk's Belt does not work with adamantine body, as you are considered to be in heavy armor and a monk's AC bonus forbids armor, not to mention it gives a measly +1 to AC, a single use of Stunning Fist, and an unimpressive boost to damage. If nothing else you have retain essence.

That being said:
Extraordinary and Legendary Artisan are generically useful. Extra Rings will be good in a few levels.
Second Slam adds to your damage. As it is iterative and not a second natural weapon you still get 1.5x Strength damage.
Aim for Greater Might Wallop and Greater Magic Weapon anyways; both are wandable.
Aim for making a Fanged Ring, as it boosts your natural weapon damage.
I would also recommend a Necklace of Natural Attacks to try to get some juicy enhancements on your weapon.

gorfnab
2015-11-03, 06:47 PM
To increase your AC look into getting an Amulet of Natural Armor or a Ring of Protection. Also look into enchanting your armor and your shield.

Too bad ToB might be out because a level of Crusader for Martial Spirit stance + Shocking Fist feat is a fun combo for a Warforged.

Grimtotem
2015-11-03, 09:40 PM
Some things:
Why is your level 6 but ECL is 7? Warforged have no level adjustment.
Monk's Belt does not work with adamantine body, as you are considered to be in heavy armor and a monk's AC bonus forbids armor, not to mention it gives a measly +1 to AC, a single use of Stunning Fist, and an unimpressive boost to damage. If nothing else you have retain essence.

That being said:
Extraordinary and Legendary Artisan are generically useful. Extra Rings will be good in a few levels.
Second Slam adds to your damage. As it is iterative and not a second natural weapon you still get 1.5x Strength damage.
Aim for Greater Might Wallop and Greater Magic Weapon anyways; both are wandable.
Aim for making a Fanged Ring, as it boosts your natural weapon damage.
I would also recommend a Necklace of Natural Attacks to try to get some juicy enhancements on your weapon.
I dinged 7 last session, and don't know if I will stay with only Artificer or go for a dip. Wow, good that you remembered me that I'm armored, the belt sucks more for me now.
About the artificer bonus feat, I got Extraordinary Artisan, and aim to get Craft construct when I get to Artificer 8
Yeah, I was planning for Second Slam if I go to the Shocking Fist route. But won´t I be a little weak, having only two slams(possibly more with alter self to a juggernaut)later? If that was the case, I should probably persist another spell.

To increase your AC look into getting an Amulet of Natural Armor or a Ring of Protection. Also look into enchanting your armor and your shield.

Too bad ToB might be out because a level of Crusader for Martial Spirit stance + Shocking Fist feat is a fun combo for a Warforged.
I'm not THAT concerned about AC, and I already have a Battlefist. Yeah, I would love to do that and go for some ToB

Anyways, Thank you both for your tips!

Grimtotem
2015-11-04, 04:49 PM
Shame bump =/