PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Base Class - Manifester [PEACH]

dpatino
2015-11-03, 05:00 PM
I am looking for some playtesting and suggestions for this class. I've linked a Google Doc with the class description. The yellow highlighted lines are incomplete because I haven't thought of anything yet.

The concept was born from me looking at the existing summoner class and feeling that it doesn't accurately represent what I believe a summoner would be. The Manifester is a full caster that draws his power from other planes. Rather than gain a companion, he imbues himself with this power to gain abilities. He also has a summoning SLA that is less powerful than the summoner's (because he has 9 levels of spells). I reduced spell list will be made eventually, and it will likely be primarily conjuration, abjuration, and transmutation spells.

The abilities should represent something unique to each plane. Example: all agathions have lay on hands, so the (NG) plane gives access to a less powerful lay on hands. The goal of these powers is for the lesser ones to be on with bloodline powers/revelations and the greater ones to be a bit better.

I give you, The Manifester:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1URbvlrDvY9MYfRpQUNSJIGFAv1t0WH0DXunaTzgsGas/edit?usp=sharing

Misty
2015-11-03, 10:38 PM
seems cool

noob
2015-11-04, 02:47 PM
It lacks a spell list.
How are we supposed to know the spells it can pick up?

dpatino
2015-11-04, 04:13 PM
It lacks a spell list.
How are we supposed to know the spells it can pick up?

It hasn't been made yet, as noted in the document. For now, I'd start with all core sorcerer/wizard spells that aren't evocation, enchantment, or necromancy.