PDA

View Full Version : A new member for OotS

shadowkire
2007-05-27, 01:09 AM
I just want to start with a disclaimer:
This is not intended as a thread for replacing Roy and is only for pure speculation.

With that said, who would you like to join the group?
It can be a character that already exists in the comic or someplace else, or it could be an original creation of your own.
I would like to see a psychic character that falls for Miko join the group.
(or Ian Mckellen's lvl 20 wizard: Magnedalf)

Finn Solomon
2007-05-27, 01:18 AM
I'd like Miko to join the group as a way to atone for her crimes, and also for the sweet sweet Belkar goodness that will undoubtedly result. Speaking of which, I would also like Tsukiko to join up as a romantic interest for Belkar, the only female evil enough to interest him.

shadowkire
2007-05-27, 02:04 AM
OotS does need more evil characters to keep things interesting.
I think I would also like to see a character using a broken build based on the Chicken Infested feat(50% chance of drawing a chicken instead of intended item. I have see some crazy characters that could kill anything with a never-ending barrage of thrown chickens.)

Pepz
2007-05-27, 04:42 AM
aye, Miko would be an excellent choice, both for comedic effect and for being a close combat fighter :) on the other hand, a psycher with a sword would be fun too :)

Woof
2007-05-27, 04:53 AM
Hinjo! A sane paladin with a cute puppy is just what the OOTS needs :smallbiggrin:. Barring that, a flumph might be helpful. Bet Roy wouldn't have died if he had had his personal living cushion handy.

Gnome King
2007-05-27, 05:25 AM
I think I would also like to see a character using a broken build based on the Chicken Infested feat(50% chance of drawing a chicken instead of intended item. I have see some crazy characters that could kill anything with a never-ending barrage of thrown chickens.)

Where did you get that?Youll have to excuse me, Im new here, and new to D&D, but that sound hilarious.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-05-27, 06:12 AM
I think Thog should join the oots. 'Not-Nale and Thog now bestest of friends'. It's an explanation that fits the characters of Thog and Elan prefectly.

Woof
2007-05-27, 06:54 AM
I think Thog should join the oots. 'Not-Nale and Thog now bestest of friends'. It's an explanation that fits the characters of Thog and Elan prefectly.

Maybe Thog and Hinjo? I bet Thog would love Argent :smallwink:

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-27, 07:46 AM
A soulknife, because;

a) Soulknifes (soulknives?) are awesome IMO

b) His/her sword wouldn't be sundered

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-05-27, 08:19 AM
As soon as I read this I had an image in my mind of a 20th-level commoner. Maybe some 'big momma' type that Elan/Haley see as a mother figure, Belkar respects as she's got a mean right hook, and possibly even V likes because of her obvious wisdom.

Thinking she doesn't care much for the wierd harry dwarves or something. We need someone to annoy Durkon as he seems to be ok with everyone.

#2. Psion anything would be fantastic. I personally think psionics are widely enough known that the jokes between V and the psionicist would be great.

PowerWordSneeze
2007-05-27, 08:39 AM
A Psion? Maybe Xykon's estranged brother Psikon?
Can't Psions become some kind of liches by the way? It wouldn't make any sense, so -naturally- i assume they can.

...Yeah ok, maybe the "opposites" theme is getting old:nale:

Ronsian
2007-05-27, 08:44 AM
They should bring in a Rambo for a couple strips. Why you say? CAUSE IT WOULD BE FRIKIN' AWESOME!!! I mean, just imagine a stickfigure Rambo with a shotgun and Uzi. That, or as a real addition they should bring in a Casanova who is attracted to V. Imagine how creepy it would be...

Miraqariftsky
2007-05-27, 08:47 AM
Ok, amongst the frontline melee classes, we've already seen the Fighter (Roy), the Barbarian (Thog) and Paladin (Miko, Hinjo, et al). What frontline class was missed?

Ladorak
2007-05-27, 08:48 AM
I'm hoping for Thog. I love that crazy little guy:smallbiggrin:. I wish I had my own little lovable Half-Orc loon.

Pantler
2007-05-27, 08:53 AM
Where did you get that?Youll have to excuse me, Im new here, and new to D&D, but that sound hilarious.

http://boards1.wizards.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-714082.html - here. It's even more funny than it sounds. :smallbiggrin:
I'd say - weresheep!

Talum
2007-05-27, 08:59 PM
What about the cleric of Loki? you know the one who "do it" with durkon :durkon:

Icewalker
2007-05-27, 09:03 PM
Hinjo would be awesome, but he has to rule a city.

dakiwiboid
2007-05-27, 09:04 PM
Hinjo would be awesome, but he has to rule a city.

Sure, if there still is a city after all this is over.

Gnome King
2007-05-27, 09:15 PM
A female gnome elemental savant that belkar falls in love with.

Woof
2007-05-28, 01:46 AM
Sure, if there still is a city after all this is over.

What he said. Besides, according the the original poster's disclaimer, this is a purely hypothetical speculation anyway. If not Hinjo, then I think a druid could be a good addition. A neutral alignment would be fun to watch in the interaction with the good folks and Belkar. Plus the nature loving attitude would most definitely clash with Durkon's fear of trees (and Belkar's dislike for muskrats ;)).

Rincewind
2007-05-28, 02:51 AM
Hum, yes. I think there should be a psion, that'll spice things up a bit MORE :smallwink:

But the party the really beautiful right now, I just want Roy back.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-28, 02:53 AM
As soon as I read this I had an image in my mind of a 20th-level commoner. Maybe some 'big momma' type that Elan/Haley see as a mother figure, Belkar respects as she's got a mean right hook, and possibly even V likes because of her obvious wisdom.
Sounds like a terrific concept. Sadly, Stan Lee will likely eliminate her in the finale.

shadowkire
2007-05-28, 06:23 PM

I saw it in the character developement forums on the wizards of the coast website, the chicken infested feat was in a Dragon article.

shadowkire
2007-05-28, 06:42 PM
This is a copy of the first post off the thread where I heard about the the chicken infested flaw(I said feat earlier but I now remember that it is a flaw of godly power)

Task: Create the ultimate warrior.

Specifics: Weapon of choice: Chicken.

Lo and behold, the mighty chicken-warrior is here!

Joe "Chuck" Awesome

Human Commoner1/Monk2/Paladin2/Fighter2/Warblade1/Bloodstormblade4/DrunkenMaster8
(not necessarily in that order)

Build Progression:
ECL 1 Commoner 1 Flaws: Chicken Infested, Shaky->Feats: Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, Nymph's kiss, Great Fortitude
ECL 2 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 1 Touch of Golden Ice, Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike
ECL 3 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2 Mobility, -FREE FEAT-
ECL 4 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 1 Quickdraw, Servant of the Heavens
ECL 5 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2 Improved Initiative
ECL 6 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 1 Nimbus of Light, -FREE FEAT-
ECL 7 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 2
ECL 8 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 3 -Holy Radiance-
ECL 9 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 4 -FREE FEAT-
ECL 10 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 5 -Vow of Obedience-
ECL 11 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 6
ECL 12 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 7 -Intuitive attack-, -FREE FEAT-
ECL 13 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8
ECL 14 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 1 -Gift of Faith-
ECL 15 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2
ECL 16 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1 -Gift of Grace-
ECL 17 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 1
ECL 18 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 2 -Hands of a Healer-, -FREE FEAT-
ECL 19 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 3 -Bonus Fighter feat-
ECL 20 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 4 -Stigmata-

Obviously, this build isn't perfected yet. I have one free fighter feat(and am treated as 5th level fighter in order to qualify for feats) and FIVE other open feats.

I could pick up the TWF chain, or spring attack, or whatever else.

It doesn't matter.

What *does* matter, however, is that this guy has 16 BaB, can quickdraw chickens out of thin air, and bludgeon opponents to death with them, dealing 1d6+1d8+5+STR damage.
Optionally, he can *throw* these chickens as bloodstorm blade for even more sillyness.

EvilElitest
2007-05-28, 06:46 PM

Red cloak, is my choice

Miko would cause to much tension and her atonment so early really doesn't fit in with her character
from,
EE

shadowkire
2007-05-28, 07:05 PM
This is a copy of the first post off the thread where I heard about the the chicken infested flaw(I said feat earlier but I now remember that it is a flaw of godly power)

Task: Create the ultimate warrior.

Specifics: Weapon of choice: Chicken.

Lo and behold, the mighty chicken-warrior is here!

Joe "Chuck" Awesome

Human Commoner1/Monk2/Paladin2/Fighter2/Warblade1/Bloodstormblade4/DrunkenMaster8
(not necessarily in that order)

Build Progression:
ECL 1 Commoner 1 Flaws: Chicken Infested, Shaky->Feats: Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, Nymph's kiss, Great Fortitude
ECL 2 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 1 Touch of Golden Ice, Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike
ECL 3 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2 Mobility, -FREE FEAT-
ECL 4 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 1 Quickdraw, Servant of the Heavens
ECL 5 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2 Improved Initiative
ECL 6 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 1 Nimbus of Light, -FREE FEAT-
ECL 7 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 2
ECL 8 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 3 -Holy Radiance-
ECL 9 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 4 -FREE FEAT-
ECL 10 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 5 -Vow of Obedience-
ECL 11 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 6
ECL 12 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 7 -Intuitive attack-, -FREE FEAT-
ECL 13 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8
ECL 14 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 1 -Gift of Faith-
ECL 15 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2
ECL 16 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1 -Gift of Grace-
ECL 17 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 1
ECL 18 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 2 -Hands of a Healer-, -FREE FEAT-
ECL 19 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 3 -Bonus Fighter feat-
ECL 20 Commoner 1/Monk(Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Drunken Master 8/Paladin 2/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 4 -Stigmata-

Obviously, this build isn't perfected yet. I have one free fighter feat(and am treated as 5th level fighter in order to qualify for feats) and FIVE other open feats.

I could pick up the TWF chain, or spring attack, or whatever else.

It doesn't matter.

What *does* matter, however, is that this guy has 16 BaB, can quickdraw chickens out of thin air, and bludgeon opponents to death with them, dealing 1d6+1d8+5+STR damage.
Optionally, he can *throw* these chickens as bloodstorm blade for even more sillyness.

This character can be even more awesome if he/she takes the vow of poverty feat: the character can't own or use any magic items or anything expensive but at about lvl 13(the assumed lvl of the rest of OotS) the character gets a bonus to AC, saves, ability scores and all weapons used act as having a +3 enhancement bonus.
"FEAR MY HOLY CHICKENS OF DOOM!!!"

David Argall
2007-05-28, 10:02 PM
Red cloak, is my choice
Absolutely no chance. He is mandatory Team Evil.

Miko would cause to much tension and her atonment so early really doesn't fit in with her character from,
This is why she would be a good choice. The tension is just what we want. And no, we don't need her to atone quickly or easily. No reason it can't take a full book.

BanjoTheClown
2007-05-28, 10:08 PM
How bout Jackie Chan? Hey it could happen:smalltongue:

Wolfie_1066
2007-05-28, 10:32 PM
Celia? I mean come on after she finishes law school she can go and be with Roy and be the orders own personal Attorney :smallamused:

Lord_Butters_I
2007-05-28, 10:45 PM
I would have to say Hinjo. The city is pretty much doomed, and since Rich has put so much into Hinjo's character I can't see him disappearing.

MReav
2007-05-28, 10:48 PM
Ok, amongst the frontline melee classes, we've already seen the Fighter (Roy), the Barbarian (Thog) and Paladin (Miko, Hinjo, et al). What frontline class was missed?

I dunno... psychic warrior?

Dragon_Keeper
2007-05-29, 12:21 AM
If Hinjo joined the OOTS, then Miko could join the Linear guild as his opposite

shadowkire
2007-05-29, 02:20 AM
How about Riddick from Pitch Black(I think that was the title of the movie)?
He could be Belkar's best friend and mentor, and it is fun to imagin his reactions to Elan.