PDA

View Full Version : Cool things to make and do during world generation

Kane0
2015-11-03, 08:09 PM
Hey all!

Our group is putting together our own setting/world via Dawn of Worlds, and I was looking for cool things to do while we work on it.

Ideally I want to try and keep to written content (5e), but that's not terribly important. This is all about flavor!

For example:
- I create edible crystals as a farmable food source, varying in texture, color and flavor.

- I split humanoids into three distinct types, sorted by blood type. Red bloods are regular humanoids, greenbloods are goblinoids, orcs, trolls etc and bluebloods are reptilian like lizardfolk and dragonborn. Blood types cannot interbreed but within a blood type there can be all sorts of subraces. Like dog breeds.

- I open a window to the heavens, a prime location for astrologists and diviners. At night this location has brilliant lights and colors visible in the sky.

Does anybody else have cool ideas to throw in?

Kane0
2015-11-04, 10:04 PM
Bump! More ideas:

- Dwarves have hearts of stone. Literally. Their hearts are crystalline or jewel-like in nature and are culturally important. For example as part of funerary rites a dwarf's heart is removed and placed in a family vault not unlike a mausoleum.

- Each creature that utilizes magic has a runic mark somewhere in their body, which acts as a physical connection to the magic of the multiverse. A mark will glow when its bearer uses magic and damaging or removing it will render the creature unable to use magic forever more unless restored somehow, which is both rare and risky.

rooster707
2015-11-04, 10:31 PM
Cool ideas!

What is Dawn of Worlds? It sounds like something I might find useful, since I'm working on my own setting at the moment.

Kane0
2015-11-04, 10:41 PM
Its a collaborative world making system. Pretty simple, gather your group and turn a blob on a piece of paper into a world. Only a half dozen rules or so and a table to reference, the rest is fluff and examples.
Linky. (http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/rpg/Dawn_of_Worlds_game_1_0Final.pdf)