PDA

View Full Version : Dragon disciple and bloodrager combo.

CrispyKingPin
2015-11-04, 02:42 AM
Alright so I talked it over with my DM, and he is down with my lvl 5 bloodrager taking dragon disciple for that sweet sweet str and con buffs. and it will advance my bloodline, so all the goodies.

However I'm not necessarily sure how I should go about this, I was thinking maybe I should take a single lvl in sorc, so that way I could simply get a technical lvl 11 sorcerer class with my bloodrager.

Simple because my class only gets lvl 4 spells max. However because of the prestige I was wondering if it would keep scaling past 4. I wasn't 100 percent on that. However everything is pretty much okay'd. I could go with either sorc bloodline, and get the spells, or I could go with the bloodrager, i'm also a primalist archtype, so rager powers a a thing as well. Arcane bloodline for my bloodrager btw. Shabti race for anyone curious.

Like I said, Should I go with a level in sorc then prestige? or would dragon disciple immediately count towards sorc? or would it count towards my weak spell list for bloodrager?

Arutema
2015-11-04, 05:21 AM
Dragon disciple won't advance Bloodrager casting past level 4 spells, because each Dragon Disciple level (except those called out in the text) counts as a Bloodrager level for you for getting new spells and spell levels, and Bloodrager's don't go past 4th-level casting.

The draw of Dragon Disciple isn't its casting, but its bonuses to physical ability scores. Thus I wouldn't bother with the sorcerer level. Instead stick with Bloodrager/Dragon Disciple for physical might.

Vhaidara
2015-11-04, 08:24 AM
This combo is actually one you want to be careful with. You REALLY want Bloodrager 11 for Greater Bloodrage, because it lets you drop a free action buff spell when you start the rage.

Also, DD is only 3/4 BAB, so those levels will lose you some accuracy and some Power Attack progression.

Psyren
2015-11-04, 10:00 AM
As Kel stated I would do BR 11/DD 9.