PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Hybrid Class(es)] Occult Hybrid Classes

Xuldarinar
2015-11-04, 09:45 PM
OCCULT HYBRID CLASSES

Little more than a general concept at the moment. I want to create one, or more, hybrid classes that involve the existing occult classe (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes)s and mixing them with other things. I'll gladly take suggestions of mixes, but otherwise Im sure I'll turn out a thing or two on my own.

ELEMENTALIST
-
-Alignment: Any.
-Hit Die: d8
-Parent Classes: Druid and Kineticist.
-Starting Wealth:

CLASS SKILLS
The elementalist's class skills are (to be determined)
-Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int Modifier

Table 1-1: The Elementalist

Saves

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
1st +0 +2 +0 +2 Burn, elemental bond, utility wild talent
2nd +1 +3 +0 +3 ?
3rd +2 +3 +1 +3 ?
4th +3 +4 +1 +4 utility wild talent
5th +3 +4 +1 +4 ?
6th +4 +5 +2 +5 ?
7th +5 +5 +2+5 utility wild talent
8th +6/+1 +6 +2+6 ?
9th +6/+1 +6 +3+6 ?
10th +7/+2 +7 +3+7 utility wild talent
11th +8/+3 +7 +3+7 Improved elemental bond
12th +9/+4 +8 +4+8 ?
13th +9/+4 +8 +4+8 utility wild talent
14th +10/+5 +9 +4 +9 ?
15th +11//+6/+1 +9 +5 +9 ?
16th +12/+7/+2 +10 +5 +10utility wild talent
17th +12/+7/+2 +10 +5 +10?
18th +13/+8/+3 +11 +6 +11 ?
19th +14/+9/+4 +11 +6 +11 utility wild talent
20th +15/+10/+5 +12 +6 +12 ?

CLASS FEATURES
All of the following are class features of the elementalist.
-Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Elementalists are proficient with all simple weapons and light armor, but not shields.
-Elemental Bond (Su): At 1st level, an elementalist chooses one primary element on which to focus. This element determines how she accesses the raw power of the Ethereal Plane, and grants her access to specific wild talents, and additional class skills. She can select air, earth, fire, or water. She gains her selected element’s basic utility wild talent as a bonus wild talent.
-In addition, she gains an elemental companion. She may begin play with any single small elemental as a companion, provided her elemental bond aligns with the elemental's associated element and the starting challenge rating of the small elemental is 1. She may not select an elemental that possesses more than one elemental subtype. This functions like the druid animal companion ability, except that the creature is an outsider of the elemental subtype rather than an animal, and as such their hit die are d10s rather than d8s and gain an increased base attack bonus equal to their hit die. The elementalist's effective druid level is equal to her elementalist level. If a character receives an animal companion from another source, her effective druid level stacks for the purposes of determining the companion's statistics and abilities. When the elementalist's companion acquires a sufficient amount of hit dice, they may be advanced to an elemental of a greater size, as appropriate.
-If she possesses an elemental focus by merit of levels in another class, or later gains an elemental focus in another class, she must have at least one elemental focus in common.
-Wild Talents: An elementalist can use wild talents, similarly to a kineticist. An elementalist can always select 1st-level wild talents, but she gains access to higher level wild talents at higher levels; 4th level to select 2nd level wild talents, 7th level to select 3rd level wild talents, 10th to select 4th level wild talents, 13th level to select 5th level wild talents, and 16th level to select 6th level wild talents.
-Unless otherwise noted, the DC for a saving throw against an elementalist's wild talents is equal to 10 + the wild talent’s effective spell level + the elementalist's Constitution modifier. The elementalist uses her Constitution modifier on all concentration checks for wild talents.
-An elementalist acquires a new utility wild talent at 4th level and again every 3 levels thereafter. An elementalist can select only universal wild talents or those that match her element. At 7th, 13th, and 19th levels, an elementalist can replace one of her utility wild talents with another wild talent of the same level or lower. She can’t replace a wild talent that she used to qualify for another of her wild talents.
-Burn (Ex): At 1st level, an elementalist can overexert herself to channel more power than normal, pushing past the limit of what is safe for her body by accepting burn. Some of her wild talents allow her to accept burn in exchange for a greater effect, while others require her to accept a certain amount of burn to use that talent at all. For each point of burn she accepts, an elementalist takes 1 point of nonlethal damage per character level. This damage can’t be healed by any means other than getting a full night’s rest, which removes all burn and associated nonlethal damage. Nonlethal damage from burn can’t be reduced or redirected, and an elementalist that is incapable of taking nonlethal damage can’t accept burn. An elementalist can accept only 1 point of burn per round. This limit rises to 2 points of burn at 6th level, and rises by 1 additional point every 3 levels thereafter. An elementalist can’t choose to accept burn if it would put her total number of points of burn higher than 3 + her Constitution modifier (though she can be forced to accept more burn from a source outside her control). An elementalist who has accepted burn never benefits from abilities that allow her to ignore or alter the effects she receives from nonlethal damage.
-Improved Elemental Bond (Su): At 7th level, an elementalist learns to use another element. She can choose any element. She may transform her elemental companion into an elemental possessing both of her chosen elements, provided one exists and if not for possessing multiple elemental subtypes would have been available to the elementalist at 1st level. If she selects the void element, her elemental companion takes on the terror creature template.

TRIMATURGE
-Workers of three miracles, trimaturges are studious spellcasters who specialize not in one discipline of magic but to be able to wield and weave together all three branches of magic. Through incorporating differing ritualistic techniques as they prepare their spells, they are capable of preparing their mind to channel the divine, the arcane, or even pure psychic might.
-Alignment: Any.
-Hit Die: d6
-Parent Classes: Medium and wizard.
-Starting Wealth:

CLASS SKILLS
The trimaturge's class skills are (to be determined)
-Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int Modifier

Table 1-1: The Trimaturge

Saves

Spells Per Day

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special 0th 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
1st +0 +0 +0 +2 Cantrips, knacks, orisions 3 1 - - - - -
2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 ? 4 2 - - - - -
3rd +1 +1 +1 +3 ? 4 3 - - - - -
4th +2 +1 +1 +4 ? 4 3 1 - - - -
5th +2 +1 +1 +4 ? 4 4 2 - - - -
6th +3 +2 +2 +5 ? 5 4 3 - - - -
7th +3 +2 +2+5 ? 5 4 3 1 - - -
8th +4 +2 +2+6 ? 5 4 4 2 - - -
9th +4 +3 +3+6 ? 5 5 4 3 - - -
10th +5 +3 +3+7 ? 5 5 4 3 1 - -
11th +5 +3 +3+7 ? 5 5 4 4 2 - -
12th +6/+1 +4 +4+8 ? 5 5 5 4 3 - -
13th +6/+1 +4 +4+8 ? 5 5 5 4 3 1 -
14th +7/+2 +4 +4 +9 ? 5 5 5 4 4 2 -
15th +7/+2 +5 +5 +9 ? 5 5 5 5 4 3 -
16th +8/+3 +5 +5 +10? 5 5 5 5 4 3 1
17th +8/+3 +5 +5 +10? 5 5 5 5 4 4 2
18th +9/+4 +6 +6 +11 ? 5 5 5 5 5 4 3
19th +9/+4 +6 +6 +11 ? 5 5 5 5 5 5 4
20th +10/+5 +6 +6 +12 ? 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

CLASS FEATURES
All of the following are class features of the trimaturge.
-Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Trimaturges are proficient with all simple weapons.
-Spellcasting: A trimaturge casts spells drawn from the cleric/oracle, psychic, and sorcerer/wizard lists as divine, psychic, and arcane spells respectively. A trimaturge must choose and prepare his spells ahead of time.
-To learn, prepare, or cast a spell, the trimaturge must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a trimaturge's spell is 10 + the spell level + the trimaturge's Charisma modifier.
-A trimaturge can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Trimaturge. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Intelligence score.
-A trimaturge may know any number of spells. He must choose and prepare his spells ahead of time by getting 8 hours of sleep and spending 1 hour studying his spellbook. While studying, the trimaturge decides which type of spells he will be casting that day as well as which spells to prepare. A trimaturge may only prepare one type of spell (arcane, divine, or psychic) each day.
-A trimaturge begins play with a spellbook containing three psychic knacks, three wizard cantrips, and three cleric orisons, plus one 1st-level spell from each list respectively. The trimaturge also selects a number of additional 1st-level spells equal to his Intelligence modifier to add to the spellbook, drawn from any of the three above lists. At each new trimaturge level, he gains two new spells of any spell level or levels that he can cast for his spell book. At any time he can also add spells to his spellbook, following the same rules as a wizard.
-Cantrips: Trimaturges can prepare a number of cantrips, or 0-level arcane spells, each day, as noted on Table: The Trimaturge under "Spells per Day." These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again. A trimaturge cannot prepare cantrips on the same day as he has prepared knacks or orisons.
-Knacks: Trimaturges can prepare a number of knacks, or 0-level psychic spells, each day, as noted on Table: The Trimaturge under "Spells per Day." These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again. A trimaturge cannot prepare knacks on the same day as he has prepared cantrips or orisons.
-Orisons: Trimaturges can prepare a number of cantrips, or 0-level divine spells, each day, as noted on Table: The Trimaturge under "Spells per Day." These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again. A trimaturge cannot prepare cantrips on the same day as he has prepared cantrips or knacks.

Ethereal Gears
2015-11-05, 08:33 AM
I think a Medium/Summoner hybrid could be really cool. You basically get to create a spiritual avatar to summon, one for each Medium spirit, essentially like having six different eidolons you can summon one at a time, or it could be more like a single being that takes on different aspects depending on which spirit infuses it. So you can summon a Champion or an Archmage. Should definitely keep Medium's casting or even nix casting altogether to focus solely on the avatars. I think that could be awesome. I also love this whole initiative! Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Cheers,
- Gears

Xuldarinar
2015-11-05, 09:24 AM
I love that idea. Give me a name, you or someone else, and by the day's end i'll have at least a prototype up.

khadgar567
2015-11-05, 09:51 AM
I love that idea. Give me a name, you or someone else, and by the day's end i'll have at least a prototype up.
sorry for making early but may I represent revenant( WIP (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cnbBM-4a_U0Lgo9ROjphjI6XlL8ZIklFTaF7YHJYUiQ/edit?usp=sharing)) class I am brewing right know
side note can any one give me the relevant term for what I do just now

Xuldarinar
2015-11-05, 12:09 PM
That one does look good. I'd say its a definitive summoner/spiritualist blend as it stands. It needs polished, certainly, but keep up the good work.

I do definitely want to blend medium with something.

khadgar567
2015-11-05, 12:23 PM
That one does look good. I'd say its a definitive summoner/spiritualist blend as it stands. It needs polished, certainly, but keep up the good work.

I do definitely want to blend medium with something.
aactually there is warlock in it wich is trusty eldricth blast with 2d6 damage but I dont know how to spell the damn blast save dc increase as you level up and I also need help with skill wordings

Xuldarinar
2015-11-05, 01:02 PM
aactually there is warlock in it wich is trusty eldricth blast with 2d6 damage but I dont know how to spell the damn blast save dc increase as you level up and I also need help with skill wordings

If I can come up with anything I'll let you know. I can have trouble with wording things myself.

In other news, an update; I've put up the first hybrid. I may still do the summoner/medium, but I've decided to do a medium/wizard. A scholar who studies the three forms of magic and capable of wielding all three. This comes at a few costs, as by default he can only wield one at a given time, he is a prepared caster, he gets only up to 6th level spells, and one only has so many pages to work with.

Ethereal Gears
2015-11-05, 02:04 PM
I've actually been working on a psychic/arcane/divine theurge-type base class myself, called simply the thaumaturge. One suggestion I would give regarding your trimaturge is make it 1/2 BAB so it can focus more exclusively on magic. I think that opens up a lot more fun possibilities. Half BAB plus 6 spell levels opens up a lot of fun design space for whacky, cool class features. Just an idea, obviously.

A kineticist/druid who summons elementals, gains elemental body wild shape and stuff like that would be cool, otherwise. Nix the whole animals/plants aspect of druid and focus wholly on the four elements, gaining blasts and wild talents and stuff. Just another idea to provide fodder for the project.

Also, while I think the revenant looks fine, I still think a proper medium/summoner hybrid would be cool. A sort of class that's highly dependant on its summoned spirits, moreso than even the summoner or spiritualist, rather than gaining eldritch blasts and similar abilities.

Cheers,
- Gears

khadgar567
2015-11-05, 02:29 PM
I've actually been working on a psychic/arcane/divine theurge-type base class myself, called simply the thaumaturge. One suggestion I would give regarding your trimaturge is make it 1/2 BAB so it can focus more exclusively on magic. I think that opens up a lot more fun possibilities. Half BAB plus 6 spell levels opens up a lot of fun design space for whacky, cool class features. Just an idea, obviously.

A kineticist/druid who summons elementals, gains elemental body wild shape and stuff like that would be cool, otherwise. Nix the whole animals/plants aspect of druid and focus wholly on the four elements, gaining blasts and wild talents and stuff. Just another idea to provide fodder for the project.

Also, while I think the revenant looks fine, I still think a proper medium/summoner hybrid would be cool. A sort of class that's highly dependant on its summoned spirits, moreso than even the summoner or spiritualist, rather than gaining eldritch blasts and similar abilities.

Cheers,
- Gears
well thanks gears but I need help to finish it especially on how to explain the abilities the ones I wrote already are easy ones via copy paste and edit but every one fill free to help me to finish the project

Xuldarinar
2015-11-05, 11:05 PM

Cheers,
- Gears

You make a fair point, so I've changed it to 1/2 BaB. Now, to come up with class features that center around the theme and enhance spellcasting.
I think, once it is done, I may do an archetype that drops wizard and cleric casting from it, and replaces them with witch and druid casting.

A kineticist/druid. That definitely has to be on the list. I'll get to that, whether it is before or after I finish the Trimaturge. Same goes for the medium/summoner.