PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Paladins the good the REALLY good, and the not so helpful.

Dronit
2015-11-04, 11:31 PM
Help me-Help you or atleast thats what i want to say i've got some idea for the paladin. Not so much for the antipaladin, mainly cause i think just changing their abilities to negative energy and evil really is a cop out on what they are mostly intentioned for. (Yes I do attempt to talk fancy and fall flat on my face, but let me figure out my blunder as I go.:smallannoyed:)

Dronit
2015-11-05, 12:43 AM
Table: Paladin

Level

Base Attack Bonus

Fort Save

Ref Save

Will Save

Special

Spells per Day

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

1st

+1

+2

+0

+2

Aura of good, detect evil, smite evil 1/day

2nd

+2

+3

+0

+3

Divine grace, lay on hands

3rd

+3

+3

+1

+3

Aura of courage, divine health, mercy

4th

+4

+4

+1

+4

Channel positive energy, smite evil 2/day

5th

+5

+4

+1

+4

Divine bond

6th

+6/+1

+5

+2

+5

Mercy

7th

+7/+2

+5

+2

+5

Smite evil 3/day

8th

+8/+3

+6

+2

+6

Aura of resolve

9th

+9/+4

+6

+3

+6

Mercy

10th

+10/+5

+7

+3

+7

Smite evil 4/day

11th

+11/+6/+1

+7

+3

+7

Aura of justice

12th

+12/+7/+2

+8

+4

+8

Mercy

13th

+13/+8/+3

+8

+4

+8

Smite evil 5/day

14th

+14/+9/+4

+9

+4

+9

Aura of faith

15th

+15/+10/+5

+9

+5

+9

Mercy

16th

+16/+11/+6/+1

+10

+5

+10

Smite evil 6/day

17th

+17/+12/+7/+2

+10

+5

+10

Aura of righteousness

18th

+18/+13/+8/+3

+11

+6

+11

Mercy

19th

+19/+14/+9/+4

+11

+6

+11

Smite evil 7/day

20th

+20/+15/+10/+5

+12

+6

+12

Holy champion

I'm also advocating to Evil paladins aswell cause again ANTI paladin is just a cop out and having Paladin be all Lawful Good is equally a Cop out so i'm free ranging this homebrew like i do my chicken. although i prefer alliance system where good/evil and law/chaos is more of a morale arguement instead of stated Facts(Such to the point that you may work for this god who is "Lawful Good" but only to humans and says burn raze and rape Green skins cause they arent people. Which is "Lawful Evil")

Although I'm unskilled at putting thing into forumns yet, but this is the base paladin (minus spell casting but thats something i'll bring up later as it's relevence is not exactly mentioned)
First off one of the things i want to fix is Smite Evil, not necesarily change what it does but instead change how you gain more and how you use it, mainly for the point i think 8 levels of (Gain Additional smite) is not worth wasting a class level over and concidering most Prestiges that add on to Smite evil don't even do use gaining an additonal smite as an excuse not to add new abilities.

So let me start by doing this, Lets remove smite evil as a Concept in the Class Functions as it is now (and if anyone wants to Help me actively make a Table for what i am doing cause again i'm a dunce when it comes to forumns.)

Also detect evil feels to much of a... woop woop i am dah police.... kind of an ability, and i think changing it to detect consecration/Desecration (which does include demons/undead and etc as those are largely evil but it prevents a random murder hobo paladin with an to point to a random dude and say i detect evil smite him!)

Aura of good can just be changed to an aura alerting anyone CLEARLY what god or Diety they worship or atleast some releavance to the side of the Cosmic order they choose to throw their soul to.

Divine Grace is all fine and good for a "MAD" Class which does help.

(Alot of my text was just Merkked from me by a bad set of interweb so post rant still on the way)

Dronit
2015-11-05, 12:52 AM
Piggie backing off where i was so rudely interweb snipped by this deployment internet i'll move onto the next ability

Lay on Hands, it's good it's great it's the Spell Heal but way way worse on the health return, still it's nice to have but i feel it's to sigular in it's uses i think if you can take lay on hand feats when you would get a Mercy still good in and of it self. Also adding Maybe the Paladin'sCha Bonus as Flat HP to give it a little more Substance (and i'm Assuming a level 20 Paladin having 30 and i can be dead wrong in this reguard as i havent gotten to this level but a +10 to Lay on Hands Heal would not be over kill, Now if i suggested a change Lay on hands would heal Half the Paladin's Level X Cha Mod it might get out of hand but it's up for a discussion)

All Aura Spells are Pretty good, Except change the Bonus the aura's give to Cha and Maybe make the Aura Size 5ft per Half Paladin Level again this is a Maybe but these only make the Paladin's Support game stronger and not the Paladin himself.