PDA

View Full Version : Warring States Question

nick_crenshaw
2015-11-05, 03:38 AM
I have had very limited plans to use the stuff in the Oriental Adventures in book in a mythical wuxia style Warring States campaign setting and I just got a pdf of Qin: Warring States and was wondering if the following sounds right to anyone.

Qin-Lion Clan
Qi-Phoenix Clan
Zhao-Unicorn Clan
Chu-Scorpion Clan
Yan-Crab Clan
Wei-Dragon Clan
Han-Crane Clan

I am also looking for help to created original names for the Seven Warring States (I am terrible at thinking of good names in English much less Chinese). Also if anyone can thi k of a way to include Mantis would be greatly appreciated.

MrZJunior
2015-11-05, 02:58 PM
I have had very limited plans to use the stuff in the Oriental Adventures in book in a mythical wuxia style Warring States campaign setting and I just got a pdf of Qin: Warring States and was wondering if the following sounds right to anyone.

Qin-Lion Clan
Qi-Phoenix Clan
Zhao-Unicorn Clan
Chu-Scorpion Clan
Yan-Crab Clan
Wei-Dragon Clan
Han-Crane Clan

I am also looking for help to created original names for the Seven Warring States (I am terrible at thinking of good names in English much less Chinese). Also if anyone can thi k of a way to include Mantis would be greatly appreciated.

For the seven waring states I would look at a map of China and find seven towns or small cities you like the names of and use those.

nick_crenshaw
2015-11-06, 12:11 AM
For the seven waring states I would look at a map of China and find seven towns or small cities you like the names of and use those.

I took your advice after a fashion and researched the Seven Warring States and found alternative names for some of the States and used the capitols of others to use as names of the others.

(Wei) Liang
(Zhao) Handan
(Han) Gar
(Yan) Ji
(Chu) Jingchu
(Qi) Linzi
(Qin) Xian

What do you think.

MrZJunior
2015-11-06, 04:38 PM
I took your advice after a fashion and researched the Seven Warring States and found alternative names for some of the States and used the capitols of others to use as names of the others.

(Wei) Liang
(Zhao) Handan
(Han) Gar
(Yan) Ji
(Chu) Jingchu
(Qi) Linzi
(Qin) Xian

What do you think.

Sounds good to me.

What other advice was it that you needed? I find the original post somewhat vague.

nick_crenshaw
2015-11-06, 07:49 PM
Sounds good to me.

What other advice was it that you needed? I find the original post somewhat vague.

If using the basic descriptions of the Seven Warring States in the Qin: Warring States rpg book match the Rokugan clans as metioned above.

MrZJunior
2015-11-09, 06:17 AM
If using the basic descriptions of the Seven Warring States in the Qin: Warring States rpg book match the Rokugan clans as metioned above.

Well, I'm afraid I don't even understand the question, so I can't be much help here.

nick_crenshaw
2015-12-08, 01:29 AM
-Bump up.-

ArlEammon
2015-12-16, 11:40 AM

Qin-Lion Clan
Qi-Phoenix Clan
Zhao-Unicorn Clan
Chu-Scorpion Clan
Yan-Crab Clan
Wei-Dragon Clan
Han-Crane Clan

If you want a larger nation, you can include the Peacock Clan and the Qilin clan.