PDA

View Full Version : tiger and stag

zylodrizzt
2015-11-05, 09:56 AM
Could someone post some description of their powers?

hymer
2015-11-05, 10:01 AM
Could someone post some description of their powers?

You'll find the tiger stats here (http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/DMDnDBasicRules_v0.1.pdf) on page 47. I don't think there are any specific 'stag' stats, so find a creature near enough. Elk and deer have stats, I believe.

DanyBallon
2015-11-05, 10:07 AM
You'll find the tiger stats here (http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/DMDnDBasicRules_v0.1.pdf) on page 47. I don't think there are any specific 'stag' stats, so find a creature near enough. Elk and deer have stats, I believe.

I believe, zylodrizzt is asking about the Tiger and Elk barbarian totem powers.

Grosso modo, elk is geared toward mobility, and tiger around jumping.

Maxilian
2015-11-05, 10:25 AM

Well the MM says that you could use the Deer stat as the Stag stat :P

Oks O.T:

At lvl 3:

Elk: You get 15 + speed while raging (can't be using Heavy Armor)

Tiger: Can add 10 f to your long jumps and 3 f to your High jump while raging

At lvl 6: (This 2 does not require Rage)

Elk: When mounted or on foot, you travel pace is double (can includes up to 10 people at 60 f)

Tiger: You got proficiency in 2 skills (your options are: Athletic, Acrobatic, Stealth and Survival)

At lvl 14:

Elk: while raging, you can use your bonus action while you move, to move through an enemy space (large or smaller), they have to make a STR save (DC = 8 + Str mod + Prof), if they fail they fall prone and take 1d12 + STR mod blugeoning damage

Tiger: While raging, if you move at least 20 feet to a creature before making a melee weapon attack, you get a bonus action attack against the same target (the bonus action attack need to be made with a melee weapon)

Note: the only one that requires you to not use heavy armor is the Lvl 3 Elk totem

Inevitability
2015-11-05, 11:33 AM
Note: the only one that requires heavy armor is the Lvl 3 Elk totem

I think you meant something different than 'requires' there. :smalltongue:

zylodrizzt
2015-11-05, 12:00 PM
Lol whoops yeah from SCAG sorry y'all um could I get a little more specific? I seen a recent thread about minotaurs. I'd forgotten about them and now kinda want to maybe design a stag barb.

eastmabl
2015-11-05, 02:09 PM
Lol whoops yeah from SCAG sorry y'all um could I get a little more specific? I seen a recent thread about minotaurs. I'd forgotten about them and now kinda want to maybe design a stag barb.

Forum rules state that we can only post descriptions of the rules, not the rules verbatim. If you would like the rules verbatim, you should acquire a copy of the book to look at.

Maxilian
2015-11-05, 02:23 PM
I think you meant something different than 'requires' there. :smalltongue:

Yeah fixed it :P

I can't be more specific, you're not asking for details, you're asking for a copy >.>

Note: There's no stag barb, you're most likely talking about the Elk one (could be reflavored as a Stag barb)

zylodrizzt
2015-11-05, 03:19 PM
I've seen more specifics on sun soul monk why not on barb?

Maxilian
2015-11-05, 03:41 PM
I've seen more specifics on sun soul monk why not on barb?

Because i wrote every little detail with other words?! You want me to homebrew something and add it to it? :P

Sorry... i don't know what you want :S

Note: There's no other totem animal (there's another Barb Archetype -Path of the Battlerager-)

zylodrizzt
2015-11-05, 04:09 PM
Oh I thought there was. I heard of like a pounce ability or something idk thought it was another totem animal or two. My apologies everyone. I was gonna say, before you told me that, that the sun soul description literally let's you be able to make one mostly with some homebrew like telling u specific damage and saves areas and such or calls out specific spells. Long death does too. I asked about battle ranger before and seemed pretty specific. Like almost everything in the book is almost make able just from peoples descriptions.