PDA

View Full Version : E6 Eberron TF2 Inspired NPC's

Warlocknthewind
2015-11-06, 02:46 AM
Yesterday I posted about running players through Expedition to Castle Ravenloft in E6 Eberron, and I fully intend for them to survive exiting the castle if they kill Strahd, and for the aftermath I want to run a Next War as a sort of Cold War-like scenario. Being a long-time Team Fortress 2 player I have always wanted write up an adaption of the different classes, and now an opportunity arises for me to use them in-game. I have them as the Lady Erandis Vol's specially hired mercenary task force. I have searched through the previous threads, I am just pitching my own ideas to check for consistency.

*Demoman: Elf(Valenar) Binder2/Fighter2
-Binds larije, uses gnome calculus+fire, powerful charge
*Heavy: Half Ogre(RoD) (Karrnathi) Fighter 4
-Spiked Chain, Dungeoncrasher, Knock-back, Etc
*Medic: Silverbrow Human(Karrnathi) Truenamer 4
-WoN, Healing Touch, Vigor Aura
*Engineer: Dwarf (Breland)Hordificer
-Arbilester, '5range fast healing, Dimension hop items
*Sniper: Human Rogue3/Fighter1
-Crossbow Sniper feat for 60' Sneak Attack
*Scout: Goblin(Breland) Scout 4
-Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Imp. Skirmish
*Changeling Rogue 3/Binder1(Malphas)
-Rapid shape-changing, Improved Binding
*Soldier: Hob-Goblin (Darguun)Warmage 4
-Versatile Spell-caster, Empower Spell
*Pyro: Mongrelfolk Dragonfire Adept 4
-Ability Focus, Dash

Just a general idea so far, any inaccuracies, comments, opinions, or better fluffing ideas? I am really uncertain about the Demoman being an elf, even Valenar, maybe an Half Orc from Eldeen.

xyianth
2015-11-06, 03:57 AM
*Demoman: Elf(Valenar) Binder2/Fighter2
-Binds larije, uses gnome calculus+fire, powerful charge
Looks good, though expensive to run. Might I suggest the old magical training + precocious apprentice + fiery burst combo as a free alternative?

*Heavy: Half Ogre(RoD) (Karrnathi) Fighter 4
-Spiked Chain, Dungeoncrasher, Knock-back, Etc
I like it.

*Medic: Silverbrow Human(Karrnathi) Truenamer 4
-WoN, Healing Touch, Vigor Aura
This doesn't work. Utterances are not spells, so truenamers don't qualify for touch of healing. The vigor aura is not technically an option for the draconic aura feat. And a truenamer without skill focus(truespeak) is not going to be able to do much at low levels without serious fixes to the class. If you fix the problems with truenamer and houserule those feats to work, this will be fine.

*Engineer: Dwarf (Breland)Hordificer
-Arbilester, '5range fast healing, Dimension hop items
Generally I am opposed to artificers in E6 on principle, but this can work if you prevent most of the usual abuses. A decent alternative might be an ardent with the creation, life, and freedom mantles; especially if you take advantage of the ACF that lets you customize the mantles.

*Sniper: Human Rogue3/Fighter1
-Crossbow Sniper feat for 60' Sneak Attack
Looks good.

*Scout: Goblin(Breland) Scout 4
-Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Imp. Skirmish
I'm guessing flaws are used? Otherwise you would need to be level 6 for that many feats.

*Changeling Rogue 3/Binder1(Malphas)
-Rapid shape-changing, Improved Binding
I'm guessing this is for the spy. Interesting take on it.

*Soldier: Hob-Goblin (Darguun)Warmage 4
-Versatile Spell-caster, Empower Spell
This works, not really optimized at all, but it works.

*Pyro: Mongrelfolk Dragonfire Adept 4
-Ability Focus, Dash
Needs entangling exhalation (pyro sets things on fire for duration, not just burst of flame) and this begs for the dragonborn template. Dash is probably not needed.