PDA

View Full Version : what happens if roy...

mrzomby
2015-11-06, 06:21 AM
So, Roy has to kill durkula to retract his vote, but we saw how easily he was able to toss a priest of baldr a few feet by running past him. What would happen if he went for another of the priests who was not combat ready, killed them to retract their vote, then tried claiming that he represented the church of hel in doing so, since he doesn't have his own religion and was durkon's guard.

If he has to choose between
A: Being unmade by the gods containing the snarl

B: Dying, and getting Hel possibly reprimanded by the other gods(possibly losing her vote+plus the vote of who he slays)

We know that Roy is probably less likely to do this since he's lawful good, so straight up murdering a priest of some religion who hasn't personally done anything to you(except worship a deity that wants to unmake existence, without that priests knowledge). I am just curious what people think?

Quebbster
2015-11-06, 06:27 AM
He'd be killed immediately. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1000.html) I assume the other priests would then resurrect their fallen colleague.

brian 333
2015-11-06, 07:39 AM
Actually, having just re-read that strip: Hel's reasoning is flawed.

If the entire race of dwarves is sacrificed to save their souls from oblivion, then every one of those would be a martyr for in their deaths they will have assured that the entire world full of souls would have the opportunity to be born into a new world rather than be simply unmade.

The end of the world would insure Hel gets none of the dwarven souls!

factotum
2015-11-06, 07:44 AM
...which I'm sure would come as an enormous comfort to the millions of people of all races who just died because the world got unmade. :smallsigh:

zinycor
2015-11-06, 08:17 AM
...which I'm sure would come as an enormous comfort to the millions of people of all races who just died because the world got unmade. :smallsigh:

The world would get unmade if the Snarl is released, the gods are discussing about Destroying the world.

Sylian
2015-11-06, 08:29 AM
If the entire race of dwarves is sacrificed to save their souls from oblivion, then every one of those would be a martyr for in their deaths they will have assured that the entire world full of souls would have the opportunity to be born into a new world rather than be simply unmade.The thing is, there's reason to believe that they don't have to destroy the world yet. Some of them have some personal agenda that makes them want to destroy the world, and some are just scared. Those are not good enough reasons to make a case for martyrdom. If it were the only choice, then I suspect deities like Odin and Thor would vote "Yes" and not "No".