PDA

View Full Version : Of Evil Twins, Face Stealers, and Other Replica Persons

unseenmage
2015-11-06, 11:56 AM
What are all the ways in 3.x and PF to make one face one's own er.. face.

That face one makes when confronted by one's own face. And said face is so rude! (http://cdn1-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/02/file_204405_0_Army_of_Darkness_Bruce_Campbell.jpg)

I want to make a list of all the different methods for confronting a character with their own face across the battlefield.
Off the top of my head I can think of Simulacrum and Ice Assassins, Doppelgangers, Mirror Duplicates from the Plane of Mirrors, Aleax, Effigy template, Elder Eidolon template, and...

I'll make a proper list once we have some more entries.

Flickerdart
2015-11-06, 12:03 PM
There's project image (and its more substantial friend, Trickery Devotion).

Thurbane
2015-11-06, 06:19 PM
The Disguise skill, and spells that simulate/boost the disguise skill (Disguise Self etc.).

Mirror of Opposition.

Malroth
2015-11-06, 07:00 PM
Animated statue of you.
Doppelgangers
Long lost father.
Offspring sired by long lost father.
Future You affected by Teleport through Time.
Past You after you ignored the Teleport through time Warnings.
Fission+confusion
Mirror image+confusion
Death urge

nedz
2015-11-06, 07:35 PM
Changeling.
Warlock with the Mask of Flesh invocation.

Prime32
2015-11-06, 08:07 PM
Polymorph Any Object + some form of memory alteration (Programmed Amnesia or Mindrape)

Greater Doppelgangers + Ethereal Doppelgangers, though they usually try to get you out of the way before they turn into you (the Greater kind kill you and eat your brain, the Ethereal kind show up and offer you a holiday in their extraplanar villa in exchange for temporary use of your identity).

Rakshasas, particularly the Eberron variety. Notable for having developed a spell that fools True Seeing. Also notable for sometimes disguising themselves as the PCs to go out and do good deeds in their name, as part of a longer-term scheme (e.g. if they want a particular person to notice the party and hire them).

ShurikVch
2015-11-07, 07:41 AM
Searing Seed - corrupt spell from Dragon #300 - make you to birth a child, who in 1 round grow up to be exactly like you, except Evil, Half-Fiend, and hates you

MasterFu
2015-11-11, 12:24 AM
Some PF options:

Sculpt Simulacrum will let you (permanently) change the appearance of a simulacrum.

Sculpt Corpse will let you change the appearance of a dead body, which you could either animate as an undead or use in the casting of...

Transplant Visage, which lets you wear the face of a recently-dead person as a permanent, non-magical disguise.