PDA

View Full Version : Pounce as a Feat?

RMS Oceanic
2007-05-28, 11:13 AM
I was thinking if it would be possible to have Pounce as a Feat. Currently, you can pounce if:
- You cast Lion's Pounce as a Ranger
- You select Lion as your Barbarian Totem animal in a Variant from Complete Champion
- You manifest it as a Psionic Power

Basically, it's not two hard to pick up pounce, so should its feat be difficult or easy to get? Here's my proposal:

Pounce [Fighter]
Prerequisites: BAB 6+, Str 15, Dex 15, Jump 9 ranks
Benefits: When making a charge, you can make a full attack at the end of it. If you do this, you lose any bonus to attack rolls (usually +2), but any penalties such as the -2 AC penalty still apply.

How does that look? Is pounce too powerful to Feat?

Khoran
2007-05-28, 11:42 AM
Actually, in Player's Handbook II there is a feat called Two Weapon Pounce.

JackMage666
2007-05-28, 11:44 AM
I thought that just allowed you to hit once with both your primary hand and off-hand, but not do a full attack (like Pounce).

Poppatomus
2007-05-28, 12:10 PM
I thought that just allowed you to hit once with both your primary hand and off-hand, but not do a full attack (like Pounce).

how would that work with someone on horseback using a lance? would it apply?

RMS Oceanic
2007-05-28, 12:20 PM
how would that work with someone on horseback using a lance? would it apply?

No, that feat only works when employing Two-weapon Fighting. While it certainly has its uses, it pales in significance when compared to true pounce.

Matthew
2007-05-28, 12:29 PM
Too powerful, I would say, but it depends on what it is relative to. Relative to other Feats, way too powerful. Relative to Magic, no big deal. Just for comparison's sake, here's a link to my Home Brewed Mobile Two Weapon Fighting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1798151#post1798151) Feat.

pedrokraemer
2007-05-28, 12:52 PM
Unless I´m wrong, I think there´s a wild feat that grants the druid the pounce ability in exchange of one wild shape use...

But that would apply only to druids or classes with wild shape...

Nomrom
2007-05-28, 01:04 PM
In the epic level handbook, there is a feat called dire charge, that lets you take a full attack after a charge. So apparently wizards believes this is epic level quality. However, I don't agree with them. Maybe not sixth level, but definitely not epic in my opinion.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-28, 01:11 PM
There's always Singh Rager, one of the few Prcs that gives rage without requiring rage.