PDA

View Full Version : Avaunt Spirits

Devigor
2015-11-06, 12:46 PM
D&D PF Avatar World

• 3.5e/Pathfinder compatible mix, with the rules from the following site http://www.scribd.com/doc/36548716/Avatar-the-Last-d20-Supplement-MAIN-SOURCE#scribd
• Player Count 1<X<9
• Directed Sandbox
• Arrange ability score values: 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14
• Backstory is not required, though at least basic lore will be necessary (who, what, when, where, why) at some point
• Beginning at level 3
• HP is max'd
• Starting wealth is 10 gold for a bender or 100 gold for a non-bender
• SPELLS ARE COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM THE GAME
• Multiclassing is unrestricted by alignment or other factors as normal, but see next
• Classes not listed below are unavailable, though any alternate features and feats that do not involve spellcasting or spell-like abilities are allowed
• Barbarians receive the Diehard feat as a bonus feat at level 1, have an alternate version of Rage (Tireless Rage, Mighty Rage, etc.), which has an equal number of uses per day; it cannot be entered except by immediate action when the Barbarian is reduced to zero HP or fewer, grants an enhancement bonus to Strength equal to the Barbarian's class level, ends only if the Barbarian dies or is healed to above zero HP, and allows the Barbarian to stay alive and conscious while above -10x Barbarian class level HP
• Bards have d8 hit die and full BAB
• Clerics have Turn Spirits instead of Turn Undead and Lay On Hands as a Paladin with double as many points, and gain their first domain at level 5 (with no spells from it) and one other domain at level 11
• Druids remain unchanged
• Fighters are replaced with Warblades
• Monks are replaced with Swordsages
• Paladins can choose new forms for their special mount based on the version of their special mount
• Rangers are treated as if 3 levels higher for determining the abilities of their animal companions
• Rogues have full BAB
• Sorcerers gain the bending progressions of EACH of the Air/Earth/Fire/Water Benders at a rate of 1 level of each in order of level (Level 1 Air1, Level 2 Earth1, Level 3 Fire1, Level 4 Water1, Level 5 Air2, etc.)
• Wizards are replaced with each of the Air/Earth/Fire/Water Benders
• Must send me a PM with your character sheet
• SPECIAL NOTE 1: I am not going to create an OUT of character thread for this campaign; we can talk out of character by simply typing in, as described below
• SPECIAL NOTE 2: Put things your character "says in quotation marks", things your character thinks in italics, and things your character does physically normally; please keep all of the text in your post that is IN character in YOUR color (mine, A.K.A. monsters and NPC's, will be in brick red), and all that is OUT of character in bold black
• SPECIAL NOTE 3: When taking turns in a combat, player schedules will be used; the first available will take their turn, then the next, and so on, with the DM (me) taking each of the monster's turns on Saturdays and/or Sundays; not posting your turn by Saturday forfeits your turn to my decisions, but know I'll do my best to represent your character
• SPECIAL NOTE 4: Not posting for more than 2 weeks will forfeit control of your character in its entirety to me, until such a time that you PM me and receive an adequate summary of missed events; not posting for more than 1 month will result in your character being sent off as an NPC somewhere in the game world; not posting for more than 2 months will result in the deletion of your character from the rest of the campaign and ban you from posting further on the campaign
• SPECIAL NOTE 5: If you're going to post a reaction or any other kind of action/attack of opportunity that would take place during a monster's turn, wait until all monsters have taken their turns and then ask if your character can perform whatever action you have selected
• SPECIAL NOTE 6: I'm in college and I am busy, but I pinky promise I'll be on every weekend that I can; IF I MISS A WEEKEND FOR MONSTER ACTIONS, YOU EACH GET A FREE TURN AS THE MONSTERS SIT STUPIDLY WITH THE DAZED CONDITION
• Alright, that's all, now, for rules; have fun, players!

Twi and la, yin and yang, both circle endlessly, balanced on the edge of the sharpest blade.

The Avatar has disappeared, and kingdoms are separating. Nations are forming, excluding each other, and the spirits are growing restless. The last solstice displayed no colors or sounds; only silence and a sense of dreadful dullness lay in the air that day. An equinox, when the spirit world is at its most distant to our world, has just passed, and bending of any sort has abruptly become difficult to even the highest masters.

This marks the beginning of the first part of the story of our adventuring group... Book One: Air. If you wish to join after November 15th, message me and I will introduce you into the campaign at earliest convenience. If our player count is up to 8, you will have to wait until another character is deleted.

Humans = unchanged.

Lesser Baransu = Gain access to opposite form seeds of bending with each bending class and a +1 insight bonus to bending checks, or instead to gain a +1 insight bonus to all attack rolls, damage rolls, armor class, ability checks, saving throws, skill checks, and a +5 feet insight bonus to speed. Base land speed 35 feet.

Lesser Ki = Gain a +2 insight bonus to bending checks, attacks rolls, damage rolls, armor class, ability checks, saving throws, and skill checks while in bright light, a +1 insight bonus to bending checks while in dim light, and a -2 penalty to bending checks while in darkness. Base land speed 35 feet.

Lesser Shi = Gain a +2 insight bonus to bending checks, attacks rolls, damage rolls, armor class, ability checks, saving throws, and skill checks while in darkness, a +1 insight bonus to bending checks while in dim light, and a -2 penalty to bending checks while in bright light. Base land speed 35 feet.

We begin in a small town called Sidewinder, on the border of the desert and a forest, where the sands blow into the houses and rain often comes to muddy the ground. Describe where your character comes from, to pop up here. This does not have to include a background, and if it does, keep it short and sweet, please. Mostly, just tell me why a [insert race/class combo here] would be here.

neriractor
2015-11-06, 07:17 PM
Posting interest as a bender, probably an air or earth bender.

Defiantnight
2015-11-06, 08:05 PM
Oh cool, did we find a DM?

Posting interest as an earthbender using the alternate sandbending rule (switching the +5 DC for bending sand with bending normal earth)

Edit: I haven't played much PF, if anyone could give me a rundown on the changes from 3.5e I might not know about, I would be grateful.

Edit 2: Stance on traits and flaws?

Devigor
2015-11-06, 08:54 PM
Please take careful note of my first post. Keep to the typing preferences from here on out if you guys don't mind.

For the 3.5/PF thing, just make your character the way you know how. As long as you send me a character sheet (following the rules posted) and you've specified 3.5, PF, or mixed, I don't mind which way you go.

Traits and flaws are allowed, BUT if you seek to use flaws, you MUST pick two, and you only gain ONE bonus feat from doing so. They aren't overpowered or anything, I just find them unnecessary. If you want to specifically get feats for a build, message me and we'll work something out for it. :smallsmile:

So far we have a water bender, an air an/or earth bender, and an earth bender. Cool beans!

Prehysterical
2015-11-06, 08:57 PM
Asking now for the benefit of others (and myself): what are the other races? I'm not familiar with any of them.

Devigor
2015-11-06, 09:02 PM
The other races are just lesser spirits from the Spirit World that have take a mostly humanoid form. The appear to be humanoid animals of some sort, with protruding pseudopods of energy a few inches long from some parts, especially around joints. There are so few of them I almost didn't consider them for this, but the PC's are unique and special, so I was like, "duh thy can be these!" Now, Baransu = Balance (looks cooler when in hiragana), Shi = Dark/Death, Ki = Life/Light. For the record, they have one appearance of their choice (that is obviously identifiable as a spirit) that they keep as long as they are in the mortal world.

To actually answer the intended question: they're homebrew.

abwinningh42
2015-11-06, 11:21 PM
What's the year? Has Roku disappeared, or Ang? Another Avatar, altogether?

Also, claiming the color #DAA520

Defiantnight
2015-11-07, 01:28 AM
My bad, sorry, I'll make sure to you use bold now.
I'd like to ask if I can substitute Gather Information (earthbender class skill) for Survival (it would make sense, living in the desert). As well, I would like to point out the Sandstorm heat rules (3.5) if you haven't seen them already, since we're next to a desert; character creation is in progress, but I'd like to know if we'll be using them before I use a feat to protect me up to 120° F (protection against heat level 1), as if we're not it only gives me a +2 to saving throws against fire effects, which is... less than desirable, for a feat :tongue:

Also, how do I use color text? :confused:

Devigor
2015-11-07, 01:58 AM
What's the year? Has Roku disappeared, or Ang? Another Avatar, altogether?

Also, claiming the color #DAA520

The year is the fifth after Aang disappeared, 95 years before the first series.

My bad, sorry, I'll make sure to you use bold now.
I'd like to ask if I can substitute Gather Information (earthbender class skill) for Survival (it would make sense, living in the desert). As well, I would like to point out the Sandstorm heat rules (3.5) if you haven't seen them already, since we're next to a desert; character creation is in progress, but I'd like to know if we'll be using them before I use a feat to protect me up to 120° F (protection against heat level 1), as if we're not it only gives me a +2 to saving throws against fire effects, which is... less than desirable, for a feat :tongue:

Also, how do I use color text? :confused:

As for the skill thing, that is a yes. We'll use the environment rules from every book I have (which is all of them) on pdf for the matching environments in the world, though you shouldn't have too much of an issue as long as you take a little care to prepare. The benefits of that feat are greater than you think; against firebenders, that is going to be almost like an opposite effect to spell penetration. You'd boost your ability to protect yourself from bender fires as well as natural ones, and just plain heat. However, if you feel a +2 is not comparable to an actual ability (or improved initiative), then go ahead and choose a different feat. If you got robbed and ditched in a sand dune that feat would be nice, though.

For color text, do you use a mobile device or a computer? On mobile, I have no clue yet. On a computer, go up to the options while posting to the big letter A and click it. It should open up with color options.

Defiantnight
2015-11-07, 02:16 AM
Oh cool, I claim #FF8C00 then. :biggrin:

In that case, it sounds much better than my original thought - I was only going to take something else if you didn't use sandstorm :tongue:
And sweet, on the skills.

I use mobile about 90% of the time, though this post was made on the computer, so until I can find out I can claim orange.

Edit: I'm not sure about bonus languages, are there any separate languages?

neriractor
2015-11-08, 12:56 PM
I´ll take the #008080 for my character :smile:

edit: also I´m going to use the pathfinder human for my character and finally decided on an airbender.

Devigor
2015-11-08, 05:30 PM
The languages are Aquan, Auran, Ancient Common. Ancient Eastern, Ancient Northern, Ancient Southern, Ancient Western, Celestial, Common, Druidic, Ignan, Infernal, Sylvan, and Terran. Druidic is restricted to Druids, but otherwise, all lamguages are available as bonus languages to humans and lesser spirits. The ancient versions of each language will rarely, if ever, be necessary for communication, as they're mostly used in mixed up codes nowadays.

Binks
2015-11-09, 10:36 AM
Submitted my waterbending healer/support. Claiming 008000 for my color.

Defiantnight
2015-11-10, 02:31 AM
Just making a quick reply to see if I can make this color from mobile.

Edit: It takes some copy-paste shenanigans, but it works. Also bolded.

Devigor
2015-11-11, 04:25 AM
Public Service Announcement to the players...

All human characters have a -2 penalty to ability checks (initiative is a Dex check, reminder), AC, attack rolls, bending level checks/bending skill checks, damage rolls, saving throws, and skill checks FOR NOW. The equinox has made things harder for everyone, not just benders. The entire world is hoping for things to get better.

One more thing:

There has been a disturbance in the desert. You may have come to inspect it or end it. You may be moving away from it, or even just be a clueless passerby. It isn't something anyone really knows about, but when even the local cactus orchard farmers can tell something is different, well... I'm sure you understand how some of the more powerful people can feel it a continent away.

The beginning of this story will take place on the main road into town. Most of you will be renting out rooms in the apartment hall of the village, along with a few others who've come to check things out. Some of you won't be, and I know at least one will be entering from outside the area when this gets rolling.

Happy character building! The sooner we can start, the better. There's no rush. I just have some things that are happening in a few months that will make it very hard to be on here as often as I'd like to be.

Note: The penalties also apply to some monsters, and all NPC's. Spirits won't have this, but they have other things to worry about...

Defiantnight
2015-11-14, 09:05 PM
Everyone excited to play? :smallbiggrin:

Devigor
2015-11-15, 09:04 PM
http://imgur.com/fRUF4T7

Alright. This is Sidewinder. The building in the center is the village hospital. The buildings north and south (upper part and lower part of the map) are villager houses. Every villager has some trade and an outside-facing bar around one facing of a house. The big building on the left is a public area called the Kaji Rest. The other is a conglomerate of apartments. The blue is water, which is only about 2 inches deep. A local water bender purifies it when someone needs to use some. The whole area shown is about 550 x 350 feet.

The Kaji Rest, today, two weeks after the equinox, has about four-fifths of the villagers and newcomers in it. Those of you who would be shut-ins are in the apartments, the rest are with about 16 people from the apartments and 22 villagers. The dull roar of social interaction is broken by shouting from outside at the same time that a burly man comes in spitting out grit and coughing, pointing to the lumber-and-sandstone building's front entrance. Each of you head out as Chief Doff and his brother (also second in command) each choose two people to join them in exiting, too.

Defiantnight, explain which guys do what. You have the first turn, when you're ready. Mark the actions of your buddies with brick red , otherwise in the same way of typing. Explain where each person is, including you.

Remember not to meta, everyone. Have fun! :smallamused:

Defiantnight
2015-11-16, 12:54 AM
Earlier in the day, a low wind began dusting the town with a light coating of sand, small benign eddies swirling through the village on occasion, but following the man inside is the sound of faint, consant hissing, like someone is pouring out a basket of beads or an enormous snake looms outside - as those who rush outside can see, however, the noise emenates from what appears to be a low, slow-moving sandstorm obscuring most of the southern potion of the village. All of the shops there have been covered.

"This will be easy. Right everyone, snatch and grab," someone murmurs to another, unheard by the townsfolk.

Now, hidden out of sight behind the shop huts and their own creation, a small group of five sandbenders that have been lying in wait while they perfected their technique are now raising a cloud of grit and sand. They focus on maintaining the swirling mass of sand to obscure the raiders charging in, the lack of wind and movement by the cloud giving away it's facade and lending a menacing hiss to it as the sand is the only thing making noise (aside from any other muffled sounds to come out of it.)

The first ones out to see it might catch seven or eight raiders (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/4/42/Sandbender_Tribe.png/revision/latest?cb=20130625080912) disappearing into the 'storm' of dust.

Edit:
Sanaku heads to the third hut from the left, alongside one of the raiders.
Two raiders go for the first hut, one raider goes to every other hut.

Those able to see the cloud of sand with ranks in Martial Lore are able to make a DC 15 Martial Lore check (no action, no retry) to identify it is a Dust Cloud, any earthbenders with this seed identify it on sight. Not sure if that also requires ranks in Martial Lore or not. The 10 foot tall dust cloud gives all raiders, and the huts they are raiding, total concealment, preventing them from being located with sight (but to anyone who closes within 5 feet they will only have partial concealment.)

Five sandbenders use full-round actions to stir up their respective dust clouds, knowing they won't be spotted.

Eight raiders Run towards the shops from over a dune, most of them arriving at their destination, they will hop over the counters and begin looting next round while the more eastern shops will have their raiders arrive next round instead. One has a signal whistle*.

Two raiders keep watch from the dune in case the fecal matter hits the oscillating rotator, one equipped with a signal whistle*. Keep in mind you'd have a Spot penalty somewhere between -2 and -10 depending on how far away the sand bar thing is.

Hide checks:

*or a signal horn, I don't know if the realm is technologically advanced enough for whistles.

Dust Cloud: DC 15, 125 ft wide 10 ft tall cylinder spread (made of five 25 ft x 10 ft cylinder spreads), Bending check of 21 (sandbenders have been spending a while taking 20), 4 points (from each bender) used to widen cylinder by 5 feet, 2 points (from each bender) used to raise by 10 feet. Obscures all sight (including Darkvision) beyond 5 feet.

Hide checks of:
1d20+4
+4 Dex, -2 equinox penalty, +2 assumed circumstance bonus for sand-colored clothing and/or light coating of actual sand.

Edit: I rolled them in another post, and then deleted that post, d'oh >.< but the rolls were 7+4 and 10+4

Devigor
2015-11-16, 01:19 PM
Identifying bending forms does not require the skill, but identifying any nongeneral effects (such as alternate uses or augment options) requires the skill. Identifying a mix of multiple forms and/or templates works the same way, but there will be a -5 circumstance penalty if you have no ranks in the skill, to identify all of the forms being used.

Defiantnight
2015-11-16, 02:09 PM
The skill is trained only.

Devigor
2015-11-16, 03:11 PM
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, that needs fixing. To say simply: not anymore! :biggrin: Kidding! But seriously, let's say anyone who has access to the appropriate records or guides (by way of a library or by watching a teacher train benders) and spends adequate time studying them will gain training in the skill, if they don't have it already. For instance, our Swordsage PC will have the skill available by way of his class, but that alone wouldn't let him identify bending forms, with no ranks in it. However, since he spent some time learning about firebending, in his research to duplicate it through other means, he could use Martial Lore untrained even though he doesn't have ranks in it (for this express purpose, but not for any other).

Defiantnight
2015-11-16, 04:34 PM
Sounds good :)

Binks
2015-11-19, 11:40 AM
Alright, giving a shot at figuring out what's going on.

It had been a relatively dull morning for Kan, something he was enjoying after so many recent events. Lounging on the edge of the 'lake' (as one of the villagers had put it, perhaps sarcastically) Kan had been thinking about why he'd bothered to come out here. For some reason, when he'd heard of the disturbance in the desert, he just knew he had to head that way, but now, as he approached his destination, he was beginning to have second thoughts.

The water, limited through it was, made a good stress relief for the out-of-place waterbender in the middle of such a dry and inhospitable area, and Kan was amusing himself making ripples with the most basic push-pull techniques fundamental to waterbending, when a loud noise from the Rest drew his attention. Standing up and dusting himself off (sand...it just gets everywhere!) he headed over to investigate the disturbance, and soon found himself following the Chief and his brother out towards a large sandstorm at the southern edge of town.

Turning to one of the locals nearby Kan, being quite new to this area, simply asked, "Is that normal?" Even before receiving a response, however, he was scanning the sandstorm for any signs of activity, wondering if he should do something and, more pertinently, what he possible could do.

Perception check on the storm to see if I see anything out of the ordinary? [roll0] (taking the -2 penalty into account, I have a natural +8 Perception, but not taking any range/concealment penalties into account, as I don't know what those would be)

Devigor
2015-11-19, 01:10 PM
Certainly, just roll and let me know your result. You can use the dice bag at www.d20srd.org if you don't have any on you. Penalties at this range... None. The cloud itself, however, gives total concealment, but I'n guessing you were looking for something else around that would clue in? I'll give you a DC 20 for the check to see if you glimpse a detail you'd need to sort things out.

And as for the Chief:
"We're under attack." *he directs the others he chose and then runs towards the cloud over his house as he pulls out a khopesh*

Defiantnight
2015-11-19, 02:26 PM
The range penalties I was referencing were for the two raiders hiding on lookout - your check is plenty high to spot them with their lame stealth checks (a couple odd shapes out in the sands, maybe a glint of metal).

Edit: I decided on horns, because they sound cooler. :smallamused:

The raiders in the dust cloud, faces covered and eyes protected, hop over the counters and start grabbing, while the ones in the far huts reach them and hop over, starting their looting next round.

"Are they.. yep, there he goes, he's drawn something.."
One of the raiders on lookout murmurs to the other as the chief draws his weapon.
"Already? They just got here." He replies and blows the signal - if there was any question they were under attack, the horn bellowing over the village dispells that, alerting the looters to draw their weapons and the benders to keep at the ready. They move up between the huts, focusing on maintaining it and ready to widen the sandstorm next turn.

Move (+draw weapon as part of move) and standard to loot, or move + move to hop into huts. Move + move to move and maintain dust cloud.

Dannir
2015-11-22, 02:58 PM
Gan knew he'd find trouble when he came to the desert. Really, he almost went looking for it, what with having gone straight towards a strange disturbance.

What he hadn't expected was for trouble to come knocking at his door in the morning. That had surprised him. Now, he had woken up early to make some preparation as he was about to head out. Practicing with his weapon, an unusually thin sword, and spreading a flammable chemical of his creation on the blade.

It seemed he'd have a chance to make use of it. He followed the chief and the others outside. When the chief charged into the cloud, Gan followed, taking a moment to pay attention to every sound within. His eyes would be useless in there...

Well, here is our nonbender, folks. And with this, I'm going to make a Listen check - D&D skills, ah well.

[roll0]

And yes, I'm making that roll publicly. And I did account for the -2

Defiantnight
2015-11-23, 11:36 AM
Upon hearing the horn blow, Sanaku stiffens a little and frowns displeasedly. "Looks like we've been caught already... fill the sack up, I'll make sure nobody messes with us." Turning to the bar of the hut he creates a small eddy in the dust cloud in front of him, preparing to blind anyone who approaches with the condensed sand.

Ready standard to use Dirt Spray on anybody who approaches the hut.

Edit: Sanaku is in the third hut from the left, for anyone entering the dust cloud.

Devigor
2015-11-24, 03:25 AM
Dannir, Gan hears the words spread by Sanaku, with it being repeated from the lips of one of the raiders, a few seconds after the horns blow.

Chief Doff spent his time making his way through a cloud and directing his companions, and he will act immediately before the raiders this upcoming Thanksgiving weekend.

You guys are doing a wonderful job narrating your actions! I've played on a different forum before with a modern undead survival campaign, and you guys already have their descriptive skills beaten twice over. +1 internets to each of you. :biggrin: I am going to be providing a lot more input once the raiding is resplved. I hope I don't displease. You guys have made my day better. Thanks for putting the effort into this.

Defiantnight
2015-11-27, 01:07 AM
My pleasure :smallbiggrin:

I do enjoy roleplaying, I am somewhat concerned that the other players besides Binks haven't chimed in yet though, I hope they consider playing still.

Binks
2015-11-27, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I'm kind of waiting to see if anyone else wants to post a pre-horn action before I progress to responding to the horn. While I wait though, quick question for the GM. What would be the approximate distances involved here? How far to the two spotters specifically?

Devigor
2015-11-28, 02:04 AM
The spotters would be hiding in the top of a nearby dune, probably, and in a place they could see the Chief without the sand clouds obscuring things. That means they'd be about 50 feet south of the visible portion of the map, in between the western edge and the central dividing line of the map. That sounds weirder to read than it did in my head, so to put it a bit clearer, they'd be about 50 feet below the bottom left quarter of the map.

Binks, since I have been busy, you'll have your turn, and immediately after I will have the Chief act and then the raiders will be controlled by Defiantnight.

Binks
2015-11-28, 08:05 AM
Kan stood dumbfounded long enough to disappoint his former Waterbending teachers after the Chief's declaration. Attacks and raids were not exactly unheard of in the Northern Water Tribe, but they were rare enough and happened far enough out that Kan had simply ignored them for the most part. To have one happening here, right in front of him, was a new enough experience that Kan didn't know precisely how to respond at first.

After a few moments (a few too long, his old teacher would have said), Kan shook himself out of his daze and looked at the sandstorm with determination. Well...I came all the way out here to investigate a disturbance. And here is one I guess. he thought to himself.

Turning quickly to the 'lake' behind him Kan reached out with his Waterbending skills to gather up a small amount of water before heading in to brave the sandstorm.

So...I just noticed I forgot to buy a water flask. Can I assume I have one or two (and take off the 3cp for each)? If so, I want to use the Move Water technique to gather up one or two pints (depending on how many flasks I have) before heading into the sandstorm.

Bending Check (DC 5 base for moving up to a 5ft cube of water, don't know what DC you want to make moving the water so precisely): [roll0]

Defiantnight
2015-11-29, 10:12 AM
Binks, since I have been busy, you'll have your turn, and immediately after I will have the Chief act and then the raiders will be controlled by Defiantnight.

Devigor has yet to post, so I'm taking my turn, kind of :smalltongue:

The bandits in the right half of the huts loot everything, or close to it assumedly, with full-round actions. The benders stomp the ground all at once and swirl their hands through the dust cloud in a manner closer to waterbenders than earthbenders in style, pushing them forward. The sand cloud loses some of its intensity, but a swirling 'mist' of sand eddies up and out from the edges before turning into another one, making it even bigger on the ends and catching any enemies within 20 feet of the ends; it dips inwards for sixty feet in the middle, it seems a few benders had trouble actually getting it going.

The 4 bandits in the left half of the huts continue looting and keeping an eye and ear out for anyone else closing in on the huts, one still keeping a blast of blinding sand ready. They'll properly take their turns after the chief and co. go, I just took the benders' turns because it's a safe bet to assume the looting is more easily heard than a muffled stomp and they're between the huts and out of sight to anyone approaching that doesn't step into the spaces between; the right 4 raiders are assumed that nobody is going for them yet, and having noted where the community was, they'll also assume that and spend their round looting.

Edit:
21 (crit roll, far left, 25 ft. cylinder 10 ft. tall)
9 (middle left, failed roll)
8 (middle, failed roll)
14 (middle, barely failed roll)
17 (middle right, 20 ft. cylinder 10 ft. feet tall)
20 (far right, 25 ft. cylinder 5ft. tall)
Main dust cloud will remain for 10 more rounds.

Devigor
2015-11-29, 07:45 PM
Turning quickly to the 'lake' behind him Kan reached out with his Waterbending skills to gather up a small amount of water before heading in to brave the sandstorm.

So...I just noticed I forgot to buy a water flask. Can I assume I have one or two (and take off the 3cp for each)? If so, I want to use the Move Water technique to gather up one or two pints (depending on how many flasks I have) before heading into the sandstorm.

Bending Check (DC 5 base for moving up to a 5ft cube of water, don't know what DC you want to make moving the water so precisely): [roll0]

You can go ahead and add them at their cost, and you can take ten on the Bending check and succeed by a wide margin.

Devigor
2015-11-29, 08:01 PM
... it's a safe bet to assume the looting is more easily heard than a muffled stomp and they're between the huts and out of sight to anyone approaching that doesn't step into the spaces between; the right 4 raiders are assumed that nobody is going for them yet...

You're right. Now, the Chief and his selected crew moves up to to the first two huts on the left, being quite careful, and end their turns with readied actions to attack any bandit-armored person that comes close.

Forgive me for the lack of description and such, I only have a minute or so before the doctor has me leave the bathroom and get to bed again. If I don't get out on time they freak out and break in and go to test me a dozen more times. I could usually think of something by now but my head hurts a lot. I may not be able to get on this week or coming weekend, but I'll make it up next week, I promise! :smallsmile:

Defiantnight
2015-11-30, 05:27 AM
Edit: I dun goofed and accidentally erased the entire message trying to get my color number. Oops. >.>

Raiders break out the back and try to dash past chief and Co.

Binks
2015-12-07, 02:50 PM
Assuming it's my turn again? Having a little trouble following turn order, my apologies.

With some water gathered from the lake, and his will steeled as much as possible, Kan heads into the sandstorm, and immediately wishes he had something with which to cover his eyes. His normally quite good visibility diminished heavily by the sandstorm's effects he wanders semi-aimlessly for a bit, wondering just what he expects to accomplish, before hearing the noise of a horn on his left.

Deciding that such a noise is probably the most important thing to investigate he heads towards the point where he heard the sound, one hand on a flask cover, the other prepared to launch the prepared water within at any threats he sees.

Move action is to head towards the sound of the horn on my left. Readied action to use Water Blast if I see any bandits (anyone besides the chief and his men that I saw head into the storm, or who clearly looks like a member of the town).

Bending check in case I need to use Water Blast: [roll0] (DC 5, so it's auto-success effectively, uses 1 pint of water from one flask)
Ranged attack to hit (if readied action triggers): [roll1] for [roll2] bludgeoning damage.

Defiantnight
2015-12-07, 11:31 PM
I missed Saturday, so I think the raiders are all dazed as per the first post, but Sanaku isn't, and had an action readied, hehe.

A swirling blast of sand shoots past Kan's face, missing entirely and alerting him to the presence of the sandbender somewhere about ten feet to his right - the horn sounded from farther ahead, though.

Sanaku waits a moment to try and hear any reaction from Kan - he can't see him, only sense his presence in the dust cloud, so doesn't know if the attack landed or not, but to be safe he takes cover behind the wall/bar, motioning to the raider in the same hut to go out the back.

Readied attack discharged harmlessly, it was rolled earlier and the 50% miss chance boned him.

The initiative order is basically, characters can take their turn at any time before Saturday, and on Saturday the NPCs in brick red go.

Defiantnight
2015-12-13, 03:17 AM
The sound of glass breaking precludes the bandits all at once jumping out the back windows and fleeing towards the dunes, narrowly escaping the clutches of the chief and his companions.

You can go whenever Binks :biggrin:

Binks
2015-12-14, 12:06 PM
I don't know what's going on. The lack of any real map with distances is really hindering my ability to understand the situation.

Defiantnight
2015-12-16, 12:23 AM
Well, there was a map somewhere in the first post, I think, they're fleeing back to the south.

But, that's officially a moot point... Devigor says he's sorry, but he has to call the campaign off, at least with him as the DM, as he's spending as much time as he can with his family and can't get on the forums. :smallfrown: