PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Blindly rich!!

djwood
2015-11-06, 03:13 PM
So last week, my blinded lvl 9 wizard (yes blinded!) found 800k gold.( many crits happened last week, many many!) What should I buy??
All 3.5 books are acceptable!

Psyren
2015-11-06, 03:16 PM
Regen your eyes. If you can't see, a lot of spellcasting is impossible, so regaining your sight should be your main priority.

DarkSoul
2015-11-06, 03:31 PM
Do you want to break your campaign, possibly beyond the point of recovery? If so, stock up on all the essentials: Cloak of resistance, natural armor amulet, stat books, intelligence headband, armor bracers... the things you want at level 20.

If you don't want to break the game, get a copy of the Stronghold Builder's Guide and go nuts.

djwood
2015-11-06, 03:36 PM
Regen your eyes. If you can't see, a lot of spellcasting is impossible, so regaining your sight should be your main priority.

I forgot to say. My DM allowed me to have water sense, termor sense

ZamielVanWeber
2015-11-06, 03:36 PM
So last week, my blinded lvl 9 wizard (yes blinded!) found 800k gold.( many crits happened last week, many many!) What should I buy??
All 3.5 books are acceptable!

1) Regeneration. Not being able to cast any spell that needs line of sight is insane.
2) Vest of the Archmage (MIC) 250000
3) Cowl of Warding (Magic of Faerun) 200800
4) +5 Intelligence Tome 137500
5) +6 Intelligence Item 36000

After that it is a free for all. Lots of good choices. You spend 624300 with these, leaving you 175700, which is a goodly amount.

Edit:
Only blindsight will work against everything (and even that isn't fool proof) and even then the moment they leave your blindsight range they will be immune to many of your spells.

Psyren
2015-11-06, 03:55 PM

Not good enough, you still can't target things with those. Either get blindsight, touchsight or just plain sight.

Inevitability
2015-11-06, 04:15 PM
How about a Blindfold of True Darkness? You get permanent true seeing without having to sacrifice anything. It's only 9000 GP, you could buy a few dozen of those things and still have money to burn.

Eisfalken
2015-11-06, 04:16 PM
Can't access any List of Stuff where I am at (weird Websense restrictions), but if you can't regenerate your eyes outright, try going for blindsight at the very least. It's almost always limited range, but you can at least target with it.

After that, get a large vehicle. If Eberron airships are on the table, then definitely one of those; otherwise, a zepplin (A&EG) or a a theurgeme (Stormwrack). Stock it with tools, supplies, anything to act as a mobile base of operations. Stronghold Builder's Guide has some choice items, but don't forget some of the good utility things like decanter of endless water or lyre of building (for repairs and such).

After that, it's whatever suits you, really. Do you need more spells for utility? Ask the DM if you can pay for an NPC to let you copy them, or just buy the scrolls needed. If there are some daily spells that last all day you want, like endure elements, get eternal wands for those; for spells you fire and forget at low level (nerveskitter, snake's swiftness, etc.), get a regular wand and stick it into a custom weapon with a wand chamber (Dungeonscape). Get items to give you more spells per day, either directly (ring of wizardry) or by recovering spells used (pearls of power). Get stuff to move faster or more often in a round, like a belt of battle.

Do you need to be able to get utility spells on the fly without worrying about preparing in advance? Get a runestaff (Magic Item Compendium) and either get one with the kind of spells you want to be able to do on the fly, or custom-build a staff for your needs.

Metamagic rods are great if you're short the feats. If you have plenty of those feats, how about a metamagic wandgrip?

Don't forget about constructs! Get yourself a shield guardian (MM), or even a runic guardian (MM2) if you can afford it. Maybe some effigy creatures (CAr) for transportation to and from your larger vehicle?

Drynwyn
2015-11-06, 04:41 PM
In addition to the other excellent suggestions, get yourself a Starmantle Cloak and a Ring of Evasion. In combination, this makes you completely immune to all weapon damage (provided you keep making DC 15 reflex saves).

ShurikVch
2015-11-07, 07:01 AM
Robe of Eyes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#robeofEyes)?

Rubik
2015-11-07, 07:14 AM
Before anything else, buy a psychoactive skin of proteus crafted with the Words of Creation feat, ML 8. The skin will give you access to more abilities than everything else in this thread put together.

Third eye: sense will let you scry at will, and it'll give you a way to "see" in ways you otherwise couldn't, though it will take actions to do. Plus, you're blind, it's a third eye. Combine with the blindfold of true darkness for more "blind seer" fun.

One scroll and one device (from Ravenloft: Legacy of the Blood) of Polymorph Any Object, of CL 15 (the max amount of benefit you can get for the CL), as well as one fuel cell (likewise from R:LotB). Cast the scroll on yourself for a high-Int form that you want, followed by casting from the device into the same form. Now you're permanently PAO'd, and it can't be Dispelled, Disjunctioned, AMF'd, or otherwise removed short of PAO, Reincarnation, or Wish. It is, for all intents and purposes, your new body. Perhaps you could forgo the psychoactive skin, PAO into a phasm, and take the (Improved) Assume Supernatural Ability feats for its alternate form ability.

A kiira n'vaelahr combined with a prayer bead (karma), an orange ioun stone, a Boccob's blessed book, and a thought bottle, using the rules in the MIC. Store them in your own body so they can't be removed without your permission. It'll protect your spellbook like almost nothing else, and you can store a payload of spells in the thought bottle as an emergency boost if you get caught without your spells for some reason.

A couple of mirrors of opposition. Put one mirror into your bag of holding, along with all of your other expensive goods. Use this trick (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?246396-Another-Addition-To-The-Tippyverse) to get all of the copies of your goodies you could possibly want.

I have lots more. I'll add them later.

[edit] Does everyone in your party get 800k, or is this to be split amongst everyone?