PDA

View Full Version : A new theory on how to stop HPoH

Arcuriel
2015-11-06, 06:10 PM
"Belkar will draw his last breath-ever-before the end of the year."
-The Oracle, 572

"Nothing that's still alive can penetrate this barrier, however."
-Durkula, 1011

Combine those two quotes, and the solution is obvious...
Roy kills Belkar, graps his corpse, and lobs it at HPoH as an improvised weapon.

Pyrous
2015-11-06, 06:50 PM
If it were Miko instead of Roy, I could maybe see this happening. Except for the part that she wouldn't have at least tried to kill him before the Godsmoot.

That said, how exactly would this help in any way?

Arcuriel
2015-11-06, 09:35 PM
It was more of a joke, honestly... my more reasonable prediction was that Belkar becomes some form of undead and comes to stab HPoH.

shockeroo
2015-11-06, 10:46 PM
Roy kills Belkar, graps his corpse, and lobs it at HPoH as an improvised weapon.

I thought this post was going to be irritating nonsense. Instead, hilarity. Well played Sir!

archon_huskie
2015-11-07, 12:11 AM
What would happen if someone cast resurrection on HPoH while it was in the anti-life barrier?

EmperorSarda
2015-11-07, 02:13 AM
What would happen if someone cast resurrection on HPoH while it was in the anti-life barrier?

Nothing. Remember they had to kill the bone golem in order to resurrect Roy.

somethingrandom
2015-11-07, 04:21 AM
Also resurrection has a range of touch so non of the other clerics could get to him to cast it also doing so would violate to rules of the gods moot

UristMcRandom
2015-11-07, 05:39 AM
Also resurrection has a range of touch so non of the other clerics could get to him to cast it also doing so would violate to rules of the gods moot

The Reach spell feat would handle that problem (assuming one of the clerics had it), but the fact that Durkula is still up and kickin' would definitely put a damper on Resurrection attempts.

Onyavar
2015-11-07, 05:41 AM
There is still True Resurrection, don't need a body for that afaik.

Still, it's more expensive and I slightly doubt that the clerics here have enough levels for that kind of mojo.

Pyrous
2015-11-07, 06:59 AM
It was more of a joke, honestly...

Congratulations then, I am laughing every time I try to imagine this.:smallbiggrin:

137beth
2015-11-08, 12:47 AM
If Belkar comes in before the anti-life shell is dealt with, he might be able to just throw is non-living daggers through it. After all, he is also a bodyguard for HPoH, and so is allowed to attack him.

Hmm, I could sort of imagine a scenario where Belkar has killed all the demigod priests before they arrive, then enters and helps defeat HPoH. Then, after HPoH's destruction, the other clerics figure out that Belkar violated the rules of the Moot and kill him. But...just being killed by the unnamed clerics seems like a rather anticlimactic death for Belkar. Anyhow, I stand by my prediction (which I first made in WaXP, shortly after the Oracle gave Belkar's prophecy) that Belkar will be killed no earlier than the climax of the penultimate book (that was before the Giant said how many books there were going to be). We are in the penultimate book now, but there haven't been enough pages yet for this to be the end of book six, so I'm guessing Belkar will survive for at least a little longer.

Ravens_cry
2015-11-08, 01:05 AM
How about a much simpler solution: a reach weapon? Sure it may not have the sexy mean, green undead destroying capabilities of the starmetal sword, but given how messed up HPoH is, it could be enough. Roy already took the rep for Odin's spear (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1004.html) without repercussion moot rule wise.

Killer Angel
2015-11-08, 04:00 AM
How about a much simpler solution: a reach weapon?

or a bow. Don't leave home without one!

Vinyadan
2015-11-08, 05:47 AM
If it were Miko instead of Roy, I could maybe see this happening. Except for the part that she wouldn't have at least tried to kill him before the Godsmoot.

That said, how exactly would this help in any way?

I read "if it were Miko instead of Belkar". Interesting view. :smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2015-11-08, 03:04 PM
or a bow. Don't leave home without one!
Indeed. I give basically every fighter-type a Composite bow rated to their strength, even if I don't focus on a bow.

Syldar
2015-11-09, 08:26 AM
This is the solution all my future characters have to that spell.

Roland Itiative
2015-11-09, 09:42 AM
Belkar doesn't need to kill Durkula to stop the tie. As the Sexy Shoeless God of War, he can just cast his own vote.

axus
2015-11-09, 12:56 PM
I thought this post was going to be irritating nonsense. Instead, hilarity. Well played Sir!

Ghost martyr Belkar, is that what you were expecting :D

Weiser_Cain
2015-11-09, 12:59 PM
Belkar will kill the vamp himself, completing his journey to the neutral evil side.

GreatWyrmGold
2015-11-09, 01:08 PM
As hilarious as the image is, I find it disappointingly improbable.

This is why most adventuring parties carry more weapons than a small army. Each.

littlebum2002
2015-11-09, 01:34 PM
Belkar will kill the vamp himself, completing his journey to the neutral evil side.

Killing a vampire is a ...lawful... action? I mean, only a very Lawful action will take someone from Chaotic Evil to Neutral Evil.

Perhaps you mean it will complete his journey to Chaotic Neutral?

kumogekkou
2015-11-09, 01:54 PM
Might be a stretch, but I wonder if the Creed of Stone can attack HPOH since he attacked them. For example in Comic #994, they appeared to have a zombie/elemental/golem creature in their ranks. Even if not, Dispel Magic could be enough.

Vinyadan
2015-11-09, 02:37 PM
Might be a stretch, but I wonder if the Creed of Stone can attack HPOH since he attacked them. For example in Comic #994, they appeared to have a zombie/elemental/golem creature in their ranks. Even if not, Dispel Magic could be enough.

I had not noticed him before, but I think he's a Goliath. He's really tall, however.

wesleytj
2015-11-09, 03:00 PM
The Reach spell feat would handle that problem (assuming one of the clerics had it), but the fact that Durkula is still up and kickin' would definitely put a damper on Resurrection attempts.

Also note 10 min casting time...and the diamond...