PDA

View Full Version : The Temple Of Inari XLVI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Exachix
2007-05-28, 03:49 PM
You have entered the temple of Inari, in her capacity as the Goddess of Foxes.

You walk down an elegant white gravel pathway between full-grown pines. Stone lanterns provide a pure white light to the path, while casting elegant shadows among the trees.

At the end of the pathway, a bright red gate stands. A large fox carved from white alabaster gleams at each side of the gate. As you pass between the foxes and through the gate, you feel the presence of the goddess. Gentle and caring, but mischievous and lighthearted, you are never quite certain what will happen.

Past the exquisite formal gardens, you finally step into the pagoda itself. There, at the end of chamber is a raised dais. There rests a statue of a beautiful werefox woman, flanked by two snow-white celestial foxes. Offerings of rice and incense stand before the statue.

In a niche off to the right side of the door sits a Fox-Cola vending machine. Next to the coin slot, the sign reads "10 cp";.

To the left side of the door is a magic mirror. This mirror is actually a portal to Trog's Tavern.

Temple Maphttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/NewTempleMap.gif
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/TempleUnderground.gif
Temple Viewhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Temple.gif
Profile for InariAlignment: Chaotic Good
Primary Domains: Good, Plant, Chaos, Healing
Secondary Domains: Magic, Sun, Animal, Trickery, Knowledge, Water
Forbidden Domains: Evil, Law, War, Death, Destruction

Goddess of the cultivation and growth of rice, including rice products. This gives her minor coverage for fertility. She is also the racial goddess of foxes, werefoxes, and kitsune.

Priest Granted Powers

Rice Paddy: Once per day
As Entangle, but the ground changes to knee-deep mud, and instead of creepers, mature rice plants twist and writhe to grapple anything in the area.

Sushi Bar: Once per day
You create rice, fish, and sake. You can create enough to feed one medium sized creature for each two caster levels.

Summon Celestial Fox: Special
You summon an image of Myobi (if you are a priestess) or Myobu (if you are a priest). The fox has HD equal to your level plus your wisdom bonus. In combat, the fox fights the same as a normal fox, but with appropriate bonuses for HD.

Cumulative Fox Abilities
{table="Head"]Priest Level|Times per Day|Special
1|1|Fight, scout, and Cure Minor Wounds
3|2|Cure Light Wounds
5|3|Status
7|4|Magic Circle Against Evil
9|4|Cure Serious Wounds[/table]
Temple Facilities

Everything but the Sanctuary and Garden has Dimensional Lock. The entire facility is Hallowed as per the spell with the Bless effect. A permanent Flame Quench (the reversed form of the 2nd edition Fire Storm spell) is on in a quiescent form on all the buildings. It can be triggered by any full priest.

- Sanctuary: the main sanctuary has the altar. This is where you must pray to speak to the goddess directly. There is a general magic circle in the center of the room. Next to the magic circle is a laurel tree that has grown into the structure of the building. This tree is sentient and contains the soul of Fenric's brother, Fendran. It can extend vine tendrils and cast shadow mysteries as a 10th level wizard/10th level shadowcaster/10th level noctumancer.

- Meditation Gardens: accessed through a door at the far end of the sanctuary. This is a standard zen garden with raked gravle, shady nooks, picturesque pines, stone lanterns, and small intricate bridges. An artifical stream hosts large koi, and a grand cherry tree resides on a picturesque island in the middle of a good sized pond.

- Priest's Quarters: accessed by going down the stairs "halfway down the sanctuary, to the right", which leads to a covered pathway (technically under the garden).

- Summoning chamber (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31471)

Priests
Chairman and High Priest: Exachix NorZilliar(PC)

Council of Head Priests
{table]Head of Services|<vacancy>
Head of Clerics|Atreyu, The Masked Llama (PC)
Head of Accounts|Valathe (PC, Hoseki)
Head of Healers|<vacancy>
Head of Facilities|Hachiro (NPC)
Secretary|Anna (PC, seftsirag)[/table]Priests

Aramir (PC, Kyrian/Ares)
Rain (PC, Wxdruid)
Aikidu (PC)
Tenshin (PC, Deadly)
Mitsuya (PC, Exachix)
Inuk'chula (PC, Fenric, Ranger rather than Cleric)
Knight Defenders of the Faith
This is a prestige class developed with the help of Fenric, Earin, Kantur, Deadly, Rilik, Exachix, and Psionic Devotee. Here is the SRD-style Description. (http://homepage.mac.com/stocksdale_tx/KnightDefenderOfInari.html)

Ilias (PC, Deadly)
Aikidu (PC)
Conrad (PC, Kyrian)
Karsen (PC, Exachix)

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 03:55 PM
"Uwaah!" she cries, noticing her best friend crying now. Just about the time Aesa starts to put an arm around her, Tabitha catapults hersef at Sunn. Hug intended. "D-don't cry! I'm just... s-startled!"

Evander just gazes down at his empty arm. This was far to easy for her. He was going to have to find a way to make her stay put from time to time.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 03:56 PM
Sunn smiles a bit. G-good to know, Tabitha. She's still crying, but the gnome hug has made her feel relieved- Tabitha isn't judging her.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 03:58 PM
Aesa smiles and gently plays with Sunn's hair.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 04:00 PM
Very startled. But she wasn't even going to try and ask until Sunn stopped crying.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 04:02 PM
Sunn dries her eyes a bit, and although they are still watery, she has mostly stopped crying. She gives Aesa's hand another squeeze, attempting to convey 'thank you'.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 04:02 PM
Mitsuya smiles.

"You'd be a knight?"

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 04:04 PM
Aesa just smiles back at Sunn and keeps her arm around her.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 04:05 PM
He gives her a lopsided grin. What? Do I not look the type?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 04:07 PM
"I'm just... I never expected... what about...?" Tabitha doesn't even know where to start.

Whether this is helpful or not, Evander decides to take the lead on this, "What about Gabe?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 04:09 PM
I still love Gabe...but I love Aesa, too. Sunn smiles affectionately at the arm around her, and the person it is attached to. She covers Aesa with a wing.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 04:11 PM
He gives her a lopsided grin. What? Do I not look the type?

Mitsuya smiles.

"I didn't say that." She grins. "I was curious."

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 04:11 PM
We're going to figure this out somehow, Tabitha. I don't know how, but...
Aesa shrugs and smiles at the wing around her.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 04:12 PM
I think I could swing it. I'll have to talk to Exachix about it.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-28, 04:13 PM
Claudius wakes up and looks round. "I guess today will be as boring as the others." He leaves his living quarters, joining the two creations patiently waiting for him. "I guess we might as well see if anything interesting is going on." He slowly wanders through the temple, flanked by his creations.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 04:14 PM
"Oh, dear," she says, realizing how awkward this was going to be. For everyone involved.

"Rather odd turn of events, if you will forgive my saying so," Evander comments, allowing his arm to return to his side. She wouldn't be needing it for awhile.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 04:15 PM
I think I could swing it. I'll have to talk to Exachix about it.

Mitsuya nodds.

"We can persuade him."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 04:16 PM
Sunn chuckles a bit. An odd turn of events indeed...but as Aesa said, we'll work through it.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 04:16 PM
Fenrir bites his lip. I hope so. Technically, my alignment is Chaotic Neutral...It specifically states that one should be Chaotic Good or Neutral Good. But CN is still only one step off of CG.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 04:18 PM
Fenrir bites his lip. I hope so. Technically, my alignment is Chaotic Neutral...It specifically states that one should be Chaotic Good or Neutral Good. But CN is still only one step off of CG.

"Well, I'm sure it'd be fixable... we'd sort something out."

She Chuckles.

"Exachix himself is Chaotic Neutral anyway."

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 04:18 PM
Aesa rests her head on Sunn's shoulder.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 04:21 PM
He smiles. This temple always did seem like the type to fudge the rules.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 04:21 PM
Sunn, who feels it will probably be very awkward if she says it out loud sends a mental message to Aesa. Thanks for the support, Aesa. This is nice...so, I'll say it again, for lack of a better word, I love you.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 04:23 PM
I'm here for you, Sunn. And I love you too.
Aesa gently ruffles her wings.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 04:24 PM
"So... um... what brought this on?" Tabitha asks, first looking to Evander, then to Aesa, then to Sunn, Aesa, Sunn. She'd been out of it for way too long for it to have just snuck up on her.

Evander just shrugs, metal making a faint screech from being rubbed together.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-28, 04:24 PM
Claudius continues to wander through the temple, eventually he sees the conversation between Tabitha, Sunn and Aesa...maybe today would be a bit more interesting. "So you've told Tabitha now, right?" he says as he walks over.

The two creations watch from a distance. "Oh great, more talk about relationships."

"Shut up, this is not something we can comment on."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 04:26 PM
I'll let Aesa explain, actually. She then sends another mental message over. Sorry for telling Claudius...I was just kind of stressed and I blurted it out.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 04:28 PM
It's okay. I'm only hiding it because you seemed to want to.
Aesa looks a little sheepish.
Well...
It started with candy, Sunn suggested the candy would make good mead, we tried it out, got way too drunk, I kissed her, and it... just kinda went from there.
And it didn't stop when we got sober again.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 04:30 PM
Tabitha's face goes an interesting shade of magenta. Matches her clothing to be honest. She giggles a bit nervously, "Hokay..."

Then she stops. "Wait. You knew about this before I did?!" she exclaims, pointing at Claudius with mouth open wide enough to catch a bird as opposed to flies.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-28, 04:33 PM
Claudius groans inwardly, this sounded awkward. "Yes I knew about this before you did. Is that really important? Does it really matter what order we learned about it?"

Exachix
2007-05-28, 04:34 PM
He smiles. This temple always did seem like the type to fudge the rules.

Mitsuya nodds and grins to him.

Rebonack
2007-05-28, 04:38 PM
Evander may be surprised to find something hazy, glassy, and swirled with viridian green sitting on his head all of a sudden.

And cute.

Not just any cute. Oh no. Rather, Weapons Grade Cute™.

Maph'tey figured that the best way to greet Tabitha would be in the fashion in which they first met all those... months ago.

"Hey everyone," comes an adorably squeaky voice. "Just thought I would drop by."

Wukei
2007-05-28, 04:38 PM
Do you know where he is?

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-28, 04:40 PM
DeBunny snickers at Maph'tey.

A random hawk begins to eye the koi pond.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 04:40 PM
Mitsuya hmms.

"No. My guess is that he's having a day of and probably sleeping."

She smiles.

--

[Garden]

Tessa still watches the pond, sitting by it and hmming.

Soon she curls up and goes to sleep.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 04:41 PM
He smiles, Ah well, no rush.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 04:43 PM
Mitsuya smiles and snuggles up to Fenrir, closing her eyes.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 04:44 PM
Aesa puts her other arm around Sunn as well, smiling as she watches Tabitha blush.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 04:45 PM
Sunn, who is now grinning at Tabitha's blush decides to make it worse. As such, she gives Aesa a kiss on the cheek.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 04:46 PM
He smiles, wrapping his arms around her.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 04:47 PM
Tabitha looks up at the voice only to see...

Small Object of Adoration®!

"Oi! Maph'tey!" she calls out, a little disgruntled that he is way up there rather than way down here within cuddling distance. Practically twitchy, in fact. Cute could not be resisted for long...

Evander's eyes seem to smile a bit as well. Maph'tey was a stable, safe, and good fellow. Good enough for him.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 04:47 PM
Mitsuya smiles and sighs contentedly.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 04:49 PM
Aesa beams at the kiss and ruffles her wings, returning the kiss.

Kantur
2007-05-28, 04:50 PM
Kantur and Lorrian appear in the sanctuary.

Evening everyone.

He pauses

Did I miss the memo it was couple's night?

Wukei
2007-05-28, 04:51 PM
Fenrir chuckles. Hey there, Kantur. You look happy enough, yourself. Trying out hypocrisy?

Exachix
2007-05-28, 04:53 PM
Lorrian hmms.

"Well I spent the evening with you."

Mitsuya chuckles and looks at Kantur, before smiling back to Fenrir.

Kantur
2007-05-28, 04:53 PM
There's nothing wrong with having a nice relaxing day. Or a couple night in the temple, I just wasn't expecting it was all...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-28, 04:54 PM
Claudius sighs and leans on his walking stick. This day was going to be boring again. At this rate he'd be wandering over to the koi pond to have an argument with the talking fish, or he'd leave.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 04:55 PM
He leans back in his seat, still holding Mitsuya. Yea, well...nothing wrong with everyone finding themselves someone. 'S how the world got started.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 04:55 PM
Throwing awkwardness to the winds, Sunn gives Aesa a drawn out, full blown kiss. She mentally laughs at the thought of Tabitha's face.

Rebonack
2007-05-28, 04:56 PM
"I wanted to let you know that I was safe despite all the craziness that has happened recently," Maph'tey squeaks. "And I'm really sorry that the attempted diversion that Fenric and I tossed at the KNAVE head quarters didn't give you the chance to escape. Felt even worse when that battle lead to that whole ordeal with Limos..."

He sighs a rather cute sort of sigh.

"But at least all of that is behind us."

He then hops of Evander and manages to get the front half of himself stuck in the ground upon landing. His various limbs begin to flail about as his futile effort to overcome the planet's grapple modifier kicks off.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 04:58 PM
Aesa kisses Sunn back, then pulls away with a chuckle.
You just want to see if she'll turn purple, don't you?

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-28, 04:59 PM
The hawk circles over the koi pond, screeching.

Exachix
Mitsuya just smiles to Lorrian, and leans her head on Fenrir.

Lorrian hmms and smiles.

Shadow of the Sun
Sunn giggles. Yes. Of course, kissing you is always good in itself.

Kantur
2007-05-28, 05:01 PM
Kantur spies something and immediatly heads over to Exachix's chair, stealing it for himself.

AmberVael
Aesa grins at her and runs a hand through Sunn's hair.
Just to make things interesting, she leaves small yellow flowers behind.

Gnrlshrimp
Claudius begins walking in circles, wondering if he can get away with going to Trog's Tavern...Yes, he probably can. "That's it, I'm out of here." he says as he walks over to the portal leading to Trog's and steps through.

Rebonack
2007-05-28, 05:03 PM
Ruin the koi continues to swim about in a fishy sort of manner. If he notices the hawk he doesn't show it.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 05:04 PM
Sunn, in response, runs a hand through Aesa's hair, leaving purple flowers. A relationship between two beings of cosmic power can be interesting to watch. I love you, Aesa.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-28, 05:05 PM
The hawk fails to give up this opportunity and dives at the koi pond, claws outstretched. It would appear to be aiming at a koi next to Ruin.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 05:06 PM
That's because you're crazy. But I'm not complaining.
Aesa rests her head on Sunn's shoulder again.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 05:06 PM
Tabitha shakes her head, "It's ok. I'm just glad you're doing alright." She then can't help but giggle at the Maph'tey stuck in the ground. Sticking her staff into the dirt, she tries to pry him out as with a crowbar.

However, when she catches sight of the Aesa-Sunn makeout session, she trips over her own feet and slams bodily against the staff, probably giving it a heckuva lotta force. "BWAH!"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 05:07 PM
Sunn giggles again. We're both crazy, then.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 05:10 PM
Aesa goes into giggles over Tabitha's reaction and hugs Sunn tightly.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 05:12 PM
Sunn then remarks rather wryly: You'll have to get used to that, Tabitha! before exploding into laughter. Still laughing, she manages to say- Especially if you ever come over on drinking nights.

Rebonack
2007-05-28, 05:14 PM
With an audible pop Maph'tey comes loose and ends up tumbling end over end through the air.

After a few moment's flight he begins to beat his wings furiously, catching himself before he goes careening into anything else. He wobbles through the air, finally landing not too far from the group.

"That wasn't quite the sort of..." he suddenly stops, notice the scene as well. "Did I miss something?"

As the hawk nears Ruin attempts to nail it with a ray of Baleful Polymorph in a bid to transform it into another koi.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 05:16 PM
Rather breathlessly (after Evander has picked her up by the back of her tunic), Tabitha remarks, "Y-yeah... but y-you're gonna hafta give me some t-time to get used to th-that sorta thing!" She shyly turns her face a bit away. This was SOOOOOO awkward for her.

Although, Sunn will appreciate the lavender creeping into the magenta of her face.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-28, 05:17 PM
The confused now-koi lands in the water with a splash. It acquires a confused look and burbles.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 05:18 PM
Aesa starts giggling helplessly again.
But it's so much more fun this way!

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 05:20 PM
Aesa is right, you know. This is fun! She laughs and smiles at Tabitha. I'd say I'm sorry for making you feel awkward, but it's goddamn funny!

Kantur
2007-05-28, 05:21 PM
Kantur takes pity on Tabitha and heads over to her.

I'm not sure what the RAW'll think of this, but this should help you a little for now...I think. At worst it'll do nothing bad.

He casts a Calm Emotions on her.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 05:22 PM
Lorrian smiles and sits in a chair.

Mitsuya hmms and closes her eyes.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 05:25 PM
Fenrir looks down at her. It's getting late...

Rebonack
2007-05-28, 05:25 PM
Maph'tey glances between the two beings of cosmic power, somewhat confused. Believe it or not it doesn't seem awkward to him, though he's still confused. See, 'his' species is monoecious, so 'he' is technically both genders. He only took on the male persona because Ruin, the human portion of the trio, was male.

"Now... I'm no expert on humanoid reproductive anatomy, but aren't females incompatible with each other?"

The other fish greet the new koi in their fishy sort of way.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 05:27 PM
How about this, Maph'tey? Screw biology. Aesa and I love each other, and that's enough.

Exachix
Mitsuya nodds slightly.

Chaotic Bob
The new koi burbles again and stares at the other koi, vaguely confused by why it has lost its urge to eat them.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 05:28 PM
Somehow, just somehow, Aesa's player knew this was coming from Maph'tey.
It's just something he'd say.
For reproductive purposes, you're right. But it's not like that was something I was looking forwards to anyways.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 05:28 PM
He kisses her, lightly. Perhaps you should be running off to bed, then?

Exachix
2007-05-28, 05:30 PM
Mitsuya hmms.

"I think I shall."

She kisses him and stands up.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 05:30 PM
After the purply-tinge recedes from her face, and a "Thank you," to Kantur, she gives Aesa and Sunn a look. "Actually... he's kind of right... how do you even...? Oh, gods no!" She says, covering her eyes in place of mental eyes, which are much harder to reach.

Apparently Calm Emotions wasn't strong enough for that one.

Wukei
2007-05-28, 05:31 PM
He stands as well. Sleep well.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 05:32 PM
Mitsuya nodds, hugs him one last time before walking calmly off to bed.

AmberVael
Aesa bursts out laughing at Tabitha's reaction, holding onto Sunn so she won't fall to the ground.

Shadow of the Sun
Oh dear... Sunn looks awkward, ready to laugh and flushes all at once.

Kantur
2007-05-28, 05:33 PM
Kantur looks over to Aesa with a grin
How many times are you going to go through this conversation before you get sick of it? And believe me, I know what it's like, some of the looks I got when I dated someone who could change genders...

Wukei
2007-05-28, 05:34 PM
As soon as Mitsuya's off to bed Fenrir sits back down, relaxing on the bench, feet up.

Exachix
2007-05-28, 05:35 PM
Lorrian just smiles and watches.

((Going to bed... goodnight.))

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 05:36 PM
Aesa looks back at Kantur, restraining her mirth so she can actually get words out.
If they all make faces like Tabitha I'm actually going to bring the topic up myself.

Kantur
2007-05-28, 05:40 PM
It is rather amusing...Maybe I should brew up as many Calm Emotions Potions as I can over the next few days...

Rebonack
2007-05-28, 05:44 PM
"Ahh... Romantic love, of course," Maph'tey comments with a nod. "That... really hasn't ever made much sense to me."

Considering the 'male' commitment to a clutch of eggs involves fertilization and, well, that's pretty much it, this probably isn't too surprising. The feelings that come along with humanoids in such relationships are utterly alien to him.

"Well, I'm just glad you're both happy then," he concludes. The teeny gavakhole then plops down on his teeny haunches. "Are you two going to have a wedding like those people who were looking for dresses at the OmniShop?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 05:46 PM
I don't know, really. Maybe. She smiles at him. He really is cute.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 05:48 PM
We'll see. We have to figure out about Gabriel first.
Aesa smiles a bit sadly.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 05:48 PM
Tabitha raises a brow at Maph'tey, then at Sunn, then at Aesa, then at Maph'tey, back to Sunn. "You people are so weird..." she moans, pulling her face into her hands and shaking it helplessly.

Evander can't contain a throaty chuckle at this.

Rebonack
2007-05-28, 05:51 PM
"Gabe... I think I've met him shortly after he arrived. Ruin got his sister to make a wish," Maph'tey comments with a sigh. "Fortunately that mess was ironed out quickly..."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 05:52 PM
Wings? Yeah, I gave her another pair. She likes them. Sunn smiles happily and relaxes even further into Aesa.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 05:55 PM
Everyone here either has or gets wings, I've noticed. Wonder why that is...

Kantur
2007-05-28, 05:56 PM
Kantur looks over at Lorrian, who seems fairly tired

I think we're going to head off to bed. Enjoy your evening.

The last part's a general statement, though obviously partly directed at Tabitha.

Kantur and Lorrian head off to bed.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 05:58 PM
Sunn shrugs. After she was attacked by this freaky shadow guy, I think she deserves them. She's been through a lot. She then rubs one of Aesa's wings with one of her own, smiling.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 05:59 PM
Tabitha coughs into her hand before speaking, "I'll do my best, thanks..." She flashes him a "oh dear heavens above help me" look before turning back to the rest.

"Well, you're going to have to tell him before I meet him... because otherwise... he's going to be really confused by the colour of my face..."

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 06:01 PM
So I gathered.
Aesa hums as her wing twitches a little under the touch of Sunn's.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 06:03 PM
Yes, probably a good idea. She smiles at Aesa, and then giggles at Tabitha. Tabitha, I'm sorry for making you feel this awkward. To be fair, though, you are like a little sister to me, so it's my job.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 06:05 PM
And I get to help with that job. I feel special.
Aesa grins mischeviously.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 06:07 PM
Sunn grins and gives Aesa a kiss on the cheek again. She then whispers: Well, I feel special just being around you.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 06:08 PM
((This would be the perfect time for plot/character development if I wasn't leaving in 15 min! GAH!))

"It's... okay," she says, scratching at the back of her neck and grinning a little.

Evander feels compelled to mention, "In her homeland, such a thing would have been more than simply scandalous, but a political assasination in and of itself."

Tabitha shoots him a look, "That's true, but there's no need to say it!..." She shrugs at Sunn and Aesa.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 06:09 PM
Good. That means I'm doing my job.
Aesa relaxes against Sunn, very content, very happy, and very lethargic.
She looks at Tabitha and Evander.
Really? I have a sudden urge to go on a vaction to Tabitha's home...

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 06:11 PM
((Don't worry, I need to sleep myself.))

Sunn shrugs. I'd like someone try to assassinate Aesa or me. She smiles again. Especially now we are protecting each other, too.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 06:14 PM
"Well, not quite like that..." she says, "Anyway, um... it'll just take some getting used to..." Her face starts to turn that colour again underneath her sheepish smile.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 06:15 PM
Aesa nods in agreement and sniffs one of the flowers she had put in Sunn's hair.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 06:16 PM
Sunn grins even more. Well, perhaps we'll go home. To prevent you dieing due to all the blood in your body being drawn to your face.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 06:18 PM
We already are at home, Sunn.
Aesa grins at her.
We're asleep there, remember?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-28, 06:18 PM
Claudius returns to the temple, accompanied by his two creations through the portal to Trog's. He sighs and walks out to the garden before lying down in next to the pond. "How do people cope with life when they have absolutely nothing to do?" he asks to no one in particular.

The rogue creation answers with a smile on its face, it actually knows something for once. "Well I've just used this time to relax and calm myself down. You seem very stressed, why not do the same?"

"Because I don't want to relax, I want to be working on something, a project to occupy my mind."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 06:19 PM
Well, yes, but I didn't want to embarrass her even more and it's kind of hard to explain. Sunn grins back, enjoying this.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 06:21 PM
Aesa looks over at Claudius with a smirk.
Well you could finally work on finding a way to pay me back.
Oh, and speaking of which, Ba'al got loose, but that's another story.

She smiles at Sunn and ruffles her wings.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-28, 06:22 PM
She sighs, "I guess so. Won't keep you two... um... keep you two up." Tabitha wasn't just quite ready to say "lovebirds" about them yet.

"Although, the next time you gals decide to have a good time..." She's not sure if this is digging a hole to awkward or not, so she just words it carefully, "Next time you are doing something fun that you wouldn't mind sharing, just let me know!"

Evander leans in towards Sunn and Aesa, his whole body pivoting on his ankles. He speaks from behind a discreet hand, "She's getting a little antsy again..."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-28, 06:23 PM
Aesa, sorry, but I'm really tired, so I think I'll just fuse with my sleeping self. Sunn smiles, and gives Aesa a deep, passionate kiss before exploding into purple sparks.

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 06:24 PM
Aesa sits there afterwards, smiling happily and lazily.
Hmmmm...

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-28, 06:24 PM
Oh right...a certain micro teddy thing that a few people can't even tell exists, is still dancing with a piece of dirt. You know what? It will continue to do so for the next three days. Then it will explode. Not like a TNT explosion, though. More like a....firecracker. Yes. A firecracker.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-28, 06:35 PM
Claudius looks round, a little surprised. "Payment, yeah I-" His voice drifts off as he tries to cope with what Aesa just said. "B-Ba'al got loose? BA'AL GOT LOOSE?" he screams, worried that Ba'al will want revenge.

The two creations rush over to their master. "Master please-"

The grey creation groans. "He's lost it. I'm going to knock him out, I don't know what he's going to do."

"Hey is that really-" The rogue creation's voice trails off as the grey creation punches Claudius, knocking him out. "neccessary?"

AmberVael
2007-05-28, 06:39 PM
Yeah, Ba'al is loose, so you guys might want to keep him here in Inari's.
If he gets bored, tell him that I can pick him up a large set of tools from the OmniShop for him, and then he can start making things.
For now, I'm going to go join Sunn. Later.
She vanishes.

Rebonack
2007-05-28, 09:01 PM
Maph'tey pops out of dead time just in, well, time to see that everyone has left.

"That's just typical..." he grumbles in his cute, high-pitch voice.

McBish
2007-05-28, 10:22 PM
Shea wakes up and streaches. He climbs out of bed and makes a portal and jumps through it.

Shea returns and meditates for awhile before going to sleep.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 05:35 AM
Sunn manages to teleport in, this time in an implosion of purple sparks. She just sits, relaxed, waiting for someone to talk too.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 05:38 AM
Neither having noticed the rather quiet entrance, Tabitha wanders over to Evander, leaning against one of his legs.

"Well, that is really really really odd..."

"Indeed. But is there much you can do about it?"

"Well, not really I guess... but it... it kind of bothers me."

"Why would that be?"

"Well, I mean, there's just so much wrong with it!"

Evander sighs, knowing full well how she feels as well as how much she needs someone to talk to about it.

"Wrong, my lady?"

"Yes, wrong. I mean, what about Gabe? He doesn't even know about all this yet, does he? What will it do to him? It's not fair!"

"That is true," he says, nodding sagely.

"And you can't love two people like that! You just can't! Love is just between two people and them only. That's the way it works!"

More nodding. Sagely of course.

"And to make it worse, they're both women! How does that even work? I mean, really! I mean... it's... just... not... right!" she groans, putting her head in her hands.

"I can understand your frustration..."

"I don't know. I mean, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. If I bring it up, it'll just upset her. And I still love her like a sister..."

The pair sigh simultaneously.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 05:44 AM
Sunn does look upset, and whispers in a very hoarse voice: Well, that's something to wake up too. Tabitha may not have heard her, but if she doesn't want to talk, she doesn't have too. The stress she was feeling returns, and she's almost crying again, but holding it back.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 05:49 AM
"Other cultures are strange, aren't they, Tabitha?" says a voice, a voice that has apparently been listening to her (in effect) monologue.

This of course, is rather startling. Particularly as she recognizes the voice. Tabitha's eyes shoot up to see none other than...

"Diederick..."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 05:52 AM
Sunn tenses quite visibly- her entire body freezes up and she's holding her wings completely rigid. I swear, he tries anything and he'll be a thin film of grease on the ground... Even though she's upset, she's ready to defend Tabitha. Perhaps even moreso, she needs an emotional vent, and beating someone up is generally a good one.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 05:57 AM
"All the more reason that you don't belong here," he says calmly, walking a bit closer, "Particularly since you can't seem to keep unpopular thoughts to yourself." There is a nod in Sunn's direction.

With Evander steadily pulling her closer and using his arms to block the way more and more, Tabitha bites this time around and looks. And groans.

"Sunn..."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 06:00 AM
We can talk later. Lets just deal with this first. Sunn is still incredibly tense, and looking aggressive. Addressing Diederick harshly, she says bluntly: Say your piece, and get out. Or die.

Exachix
2007-05-29, 06:10 AM
Exachix stands at the doorway from the Sanctuary to the Garden, watching, with a faint smile on his face.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 06:10 AM
Without further ado, Diederick draws his weapon. A threatening foe required a threatening stance.

"Diederick," she growls between gritted teeth. This kind of seeming to imply she'll rip his bloody head off if he dares do anything with the...

Her jaw drops.

The crossbow she'd made for him. Now that just stung...

"I'm merely here to talk to you. Hopefully talk some sense into you. Before things get any worse."

Evander feels inclined to say, "Your presence happens to be doing that already."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 06:18 AM
Then say your piece. And leave Sunn is growling. Your presence here is unwelcome, by both me and my sister. She draws back her wings and tenses even more, this time poised to leap.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 06:28 AM
Diederick sits down on the grass, though not exactly at ease. The crossbow is still in his hands, ready to fire at will. Rubbing the beard stubble with a thumb, he speaks again, "I've been wanting to talk to you for a while now. What's it been? Feels like years since we did anything save exchange formalities." He gives the faintest of laughs, namely because how empty of mirth it just happened to be.

"Funny, I've been wanting to beat you over the head for years now, too," is her snarky comment. Tabitha seems to relax just a little bit. After all, what could he do with Sunn there?

He smiles wryly, "Haven't changed a bit, have you?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 06:35 AM
Put. The bow. Down. She is grinning in a skullish smile of pure unpleasantness. I can kill you before you have a chance to fire the damn thing, so it isn't much use. Put it down as an example of goodwill. She seats herself, still poised to leap, or just blast him if she's feeling particularly unpleasant.

Exachix
2007-05-29, 06:41 AM
Exachix watches silently.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 06:47 AM
"You know, threats aren't much incentive for me t-... hey!" Oddly enough, this is the time that the weapon collapses into a pile of gears and bolts, bathed in the glow of a teal energy. He looks up at Tabitha, stunned.

"I'm the one who made it. I'm the one who can break it, too," she says, holding her staff in her lap now.

His shoulders fall as he sighs deeply. She had a point. He makes a dismissive hand gesture, "That's not the point. The point is that you need to come back home." His face shows that he is dead certain about this.

Evander merely glowers at him. If he thinks that he can...

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 06:51 AM
Sunn chuckles. It's fun watching Tabitha take the upper hand in an argument. Tell us why, perhaps, and we will be more open to suggestions. She glowers at him. But, just so you know, you aren't taking her if she doesn't want to go. That is a given.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 06:58 AM
"That is the point," Diedierck says, closing his eyes for a moment. Talking to her after all these years was harder than he'd thought.

"I may not want to take her against her will, hell, I doubt I'm even strong enough," he eyes Sunn a bit warily before returning his gaze to Tabitha, "but the fact of the matter remains, that if you don't come back, your country will suffer, your family will suffer, and you will suffer."

Naturally, her gaze becomes a good deal darker, "What do you mean by that?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 07:02 AM
Yes, what do you mean by that? I know it isn't a threat, because you don't seem that stupid, bit I'm still not happy about it. She cracks her knuckles, which creates an unnaturally loud sound, the kind you hear when bones are breaking. Get to the point, please.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 07:12 AM
Diederick shakes his head, "You just don't get it, do you? Do you have any idea what you're doing to our country simply by being absent?"

"Yes, yes I do. I am keeping weapons out of the "king's" hands and thereby keeping us out of war," she coolly retorts, crossing her arms over her chest.

More head shaking, "Maybe not foreign war, but Br-... Armstead is ripe for civil warfare."

"See? Even you can't swallow that hideous name!"

"Beside the point again!"

"You tell me, then, Diederick. What is your [gnomish expletive] point?!"

He looks slightly taken aback by this, but decides not to start chastising her for that, too. "The point is that rebellion is on the horizon. Many deaths of our men, good men, will be caused."

"And my not being there is the direct cause of it, of course..." She rolls her eyes. Now it all makes sense...

"No, but it doesn't help. Political upheaval is a bit harder to dissuade when one of your key political figures flees the country!"

Exachix
2007-05-29, 07:14 AM
Exachix listens and thinks.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 07:19 AM
This is still Tabitha's choice...if she doesn't want to help in the war, she doesn't have too. People will die even if she does help. That is an unfortunate truth in life. Memento Mori. Sunn's aggression begins to wind down, what's the point? Diederick doesn't seem to be aggressive at the moment, not that he could be, and Tabitha is doing well.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 07:39 AM
"The point is the high courts, which we both fought to keep, are losing stability. If we're not careful, we'll lose what little of our culture we have left. Along with our people." He turns to look at Sunn, "As for her decision, that is out of the question. Her status, her ability, her responsibility, lies to the country and the people. To withhold herself from them is frankly immoral!"

"Our people are already lost! And you, you keep clinging to the old, make-believing that they're still in power. At the same time, you abandoned us for your army of men." It is implied she means human men. "The truth is that our courts are mere puppets, kept around to keep us in check. To make us think we've merely switched rulers, not gained a slave master. And that is what our people are becoming, Diederick! Slaves! All working to make weapons and build armies for wars we don't even believe in!"

"Tabitha, you don't understand it at all! This is the best way! We've saved more lives and freedoms through cooperation than by rebellion." He throws his arms out in exasperation.

"The rebellion is the piece of the country we still have left!" she argues, standing in her fervor. "When my brother and-"

"Ren is wanted dead or alive! Scheduled for execution if the latter!" Diederick stands as well, matching her glare. It is odd to see them facing off when the half-human half-gnomish man is a foot taller than she is.

"You foolish twit! This is your fault to begin with!" Tabitha looks close to shaking, her hands clenched tightly. "If you just would have trusted my work. Trusted me. You... you betrayed everyone!"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 07:42 AM
Sunn just sighs. She isn't really involved in this, apart from supporting Tabitha. She wishes Aesa was here, actually. She'd know what to say.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 07:52 AM
And Aesa, as if she were summoned, appears next to Sunn.
She gets the feeling that she missed something and arrived in the media res.
She wonders why 'in media res' was used rather than something else, and her player informs her that it is a literary term, and she exists in literature.

Disregarding the breaking of the fourth wall, Aesa frowns and looks at the situation.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 07:53 AM
Diederick stops. Stone cold. Did she... was it possible that she... knew?

"Oh, yes, I figured it out. I'm not stupid, Diederick," she says, bitingly. "I know precisely what you did."

Evander watches the freeze-framed Diederick. He knew as well. And she was not pleased with it. Not pleased at all.

"Your rapid rise through the ranks, your family's increased influence in the higher court, your newfound love for the "king"..." Tabitha is fully to quivering with anger.

He starts to defend himself, "There was no other way!... We needed to have a quick surre-"

"If you hadn't have disabled my weapons before the battle... we could have won! We could have beat them back!" She knew indeed.

Diederick nearly growls, as animals will do when backed into a corner, "Anything I did was for the people! I-"

An accusing finger is thrust in his direction, veritably pinning him to the ground with its ferocity, "You don't give a [gnomish obscenity] about the people! What did he promise you? Power? Position?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 08:03 AM
Sunn remains passive, but sends over a mental message to Tabitha: Good on you Tabitha! Show him who's boss!

Exachix
2007-05-29, 08:04 AM
Exachix continues to watch silently.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 08:09 AM
Would you care to explain what is going on, Tabitha?
Aesa's voice is cool, and her eyes are narrowing as she looks at Diedrick.

Wukei
2007-05-29, 08:15 AM
Fenrir wakes, his head throbbing. There was an argument goin on, and it was bothering his sleep. He groans as he sits up.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-29, 08:16 AM
Sunn smiles at Aesa, before exploding in a shower of purple sparks, her player lamenting parent enforced dead-time.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 08:18 AM
Diederick flings a hand out to stay her, "I'll save you the trouble, Tabitha. It seems that my belief you could be reasoned with was wrong."

This is merely met with a glare from both Tabitha and Evander.

He straightens his military jacket as he makes ready to leave. "I would inform that you would be safer there than you are here. Those people at KNAVES are not bound by our political circles. The king and Arram are."

"I'm not coming ba-" she starts to argue once more.

"Save it. I would also have you know you, however, that the king has offered clemency for your brother should you return of your own volition... Think on that." He passes her a somewhat forlorn glance before making his leave.

Tabitha just collapses into a sitting position on the grass, looking nonethehappier to see him go.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 08:21 AM
Of course, it would have been nice if he had added in the fact that you have two goddesses protecting you here...
Aesa crosses her arms, then sits next to Tabitha.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 08:26 AM
"'Cept that would have been a bit counterproductive for him..." Tabitha says, smiling wearily. Aesa may notice Tabitha's demeanor becoming a little less uptight and formal than it had been not five seconds ago.

"Indeed it would have," Evander comments, not really adding much to the conversation. He was more of one to think than speak.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 08:29 AM
Aesa chuckles, then looks at Tabitha.
Okay, Sunn isn't here, and I'm more than willing to listen to your exact thoughts on my relationship with her.
Feel free to vent on me. Or we could just plan how to get Diedrick back.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 08:38 AM
"Okay..." Tabitha says, trying to line her thoughts out in order.

"I love you and Sunn. Both. This doesn't change that. But... I just... it's so weird!" She waves her arms for emphasis. "This just seemed to have popped up out of nowhere!"

"A drunken stupor, in fact..." Evander is being helpful today.

"Yes! That, too. I mean, and what about Gabe?" She shakes her head, "You can't love two people equally, at least, not in that regard. There is only one or the other that you will love best. She is going to have to choose sometime! Otherwise it's just not fair to either of you!"

"A great injustice of love." That sounded weird coming from him. Even to Tabitha.

After a moment of stunned silence and twitchy staring at Evander, she continues, "And you're... you're both... women." She holds out her hands as though that explains the last point thoroughly all by itself.

Wukei
2007-05-29, 08:41 AM
Fenrir hears the argument from the garden and stands, walking to the doorway, near Exachix. Everything that Tabitha said he could argue against, and he almost wanted to do so before he'd even reached the door.

Kantur
2007-05-29, 08:41 AM
Kantur wakes, smiles over at Lorrian and kisses her forehead before getting out of bed, dressed and taking some paper and ink with him out into the sanctuary.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 08:48 AM
It did happen rather fast, I'll admit. But honestly, I think she may have just been holding back because she figured I wouldn't want a relationship with another woman.
I know that the reason I held back was Gabriel. But once I got a little drunk...
Aesa sighs.
As for Gabriel... I know. You're not the only that this bothers. But at the same time I see my sister in the same kind of relationship, and they all ended up happily married. I'm not sure Gabriel would accept that sort of solution, but the fact that it did turn out well for Vera gives me hope that it somehow could turn out well for us.
Her mouth quirks at Tabitha's last comment.
As for that... well...
I'm afraid I have to believe that one is your problem, not ours. I see no reason for love being confined by gender.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 08:56 AM
"It's just seems so wrong!" she says, kneading her eyebrows with her hands. "I don't know how to explain it... I just...I have a hard time... I'm trying to get used to the idea. I mean, I know Kazuki and Mikhail are... together, and I'm not a great fan of that, but it's different with you two because... you're my close friends. And it's... just odd. It... just seems wrong!"

Evander watches her with sympathy. Years of culture and upbringing are hard to overcome, even for the sake of a friend. Although, he is of the same opinion as she is. Naturally.

Wukei
2007-05-29, 09:00 AM
Fenrir clears his throat. Well, Mikhail is my best friend, and I don't question what he does. I accept his flaws with his good points. That's what friends do.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:01 AM
I'm sure we can make you have to adjust to it really fast. People do learn how to deal with things that they are tossed into without warning, after all.
Aesa grins mischievously.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 09:07 AM
Tabitha turns to look at Fenrir, "I know, I know! I'm just saying it's hard for me. I wouldn't have bothered them with it, but I think Sunn overhead me talking to Evander about it..." She seems a bit deflated at the fact. "I should learn to use mental communication more often..."

"That is what it is there for, of course." Evander seems oh-so-mildly sarcastic.

Realizing what Aesa just said, she turns back to her with a look of horror, "My face is going to be permanently red, isn't it?!"

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:09 AM
Aesa giggles helplessly.
You're too fun to toy with, Tabitha.

Wukei
2007-05-29, 09:11 AM
And, if I might share more of my wisdom, what little I have to offer: I've had more than one wife at the same time. Both got the same amount of attention from me, and both accepted one another. Sure, your friend is giving the one a bit more attention than the other. That'll fade soon, and they'll go into a routine of spending their time between the two equally, or even spending the time together with both of them.

Love cannot always be contained to one person.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 09:14 AM
Tabitha shakes her head, "I get the feeling I can't persuade you my way and you can't persuade me your way, so I'll try to stop what is perhaps the third argument of the day by saying: I just don't agree. I can't agree. But while I don't agree, I'm not going to persecute my friends for it. I'm just saying it's going to take some time to adjust..."

Speaking of adjusting, Tabitha starts to turn a bit puce now, as we work our way through words for red, just at the giggling of Aesa.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:14 AM
Actually, Aesa says to Fenrir, The reason she is spending more time with me would be that Gabriel's gone off somewhere or something. Or he's just not available. Simply put, it is because I'm available at the moment and he isn't.

Wukei
2007-05-29, 09:17 AM
Fenrir smiles and bows his head in an admission to his fault in logic. My fault for assuming. I did have that issue when I was younger, so I was assuming that she may have had the same.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:18 AM
I don't know, she might have that problem, but it'll be covered up by his absence.
Though she can make duplicates of herself, so it probably wouldn't come up at all.
Aesa just grins at Tabitha.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 09:21 AM
"I guess that takes the problem of me being a third wheel away, too..." she says. Then she is struck with the idea of what they might be doing at the same time they are hanging out with her.

"Gah!" she cries, covering her eyes again. So much easier to reach than mental eyes, but so much less effective.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:23 AM
Aesa giggles again.
I don't even have to try!

Wukei
2007-05-29, 09:23 AM
He chuckles at Tabitha before bowing to excuse himself and returning to his bench.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 09:26 AM
Evander leans in closer to Aesa, "Between you and me, I'm having fun with this as well." He glances at Tabitha, thinking both how funny it was and how funny it shouldn't be to him.

"Wa-ah..." Tabitha rolls around on the grass for a moment, eyes still covered by hands, before stopping. And subsequently allowing Aesa to get a glance of the fuschia colour her face is turning beneath said hands.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:29 AM
Aesa giggles even harder at Tabitha, trying to stop but finding herself incapable.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 09:31 AM
"Shish ishn't fuhnny!" It sounds a little weird being smooshed behind her own hands. The message is still the same, though.

She would point an indignant finger at Aesa, but the second she starts to remove her hand to do so, she realizes it would uncover her eyes and face. Not something she is willing to do. She clamps it back down.

Kantur
2007-05-29, 09:33 AM
Kantur looks up from his scribing and half-laughs at Tabitha and her troubles.
I'd offer up another Calm Emotions, but I think she'd just go through all my spells, and all the acolytes until she went bankrupt...

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:36 AM
It's okay... it's okay...
Aesa pats Tabitha on the shoulder before going off into a fit of giggles at her again.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 09:42 AM
Tabitha, still speaking from behind hands, decides to offer her thanks to Kantur, "Tha off'r 's v'ry kind, th'n que."

From there, she just waits for the colour to start to fade. Evander is just waiting to see how long he can keep from chuckling. Can he make it through the entire episode?

Kantur
2007-05-29, 09:45 AM
Though I'm beginning to think you need a prestidigitation more really...

He pauses for about half a minute trying to keep both the Calm Emotions spell and his place in his scribing in his head at the same time before casting the Calm Emotions.

I'm not going to try that again...

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:45 AM
Aesa finally stops giggling and rustles her wings, still grinning.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 09:48 AM
Success! Evander doesn't laugh the entire time. Externally.

"Phew..." Tabitha says, now able to breath clearly in the absence of facial obstructions. "Thanks... phew..."

"Okay... so before all that, what did you mean about getting Diederick back?" Something serious would take their minds off of this blush inducing silliness.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:50 AM
Aesa is extremely tempted to kiss Tabitha on the cheek just to watch her reaction, but decides she has done enough to the poor gnome already.
She'll do it later.
Well he's been up to no good, right? Any way we can get him his just reward?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 09:55 AM
Tabitha can't help but sigh, all embarassed colour now entirely drained. "I don't know what to do with him, to be honest."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 09:58 AM
Why's that?
Aesa lays on her stomach, putting her chin on her hands.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 10:05 AM
She mirrors Aesa in the motion. A much smaller, easier to turn red mirror. "Because I can't tell what he's doing. I halfway think he thinks what he is doing is right. That it's really helping people."

Her hands clutch a bit nervously about her gearstaff. "And we used to be friends. Best friends. My brother, him, and me. We were a crew."

She lets out a short laugh, "Heck, we were even engaged for a number of years..."

Suddenly a finger points at Aesa, "And don't you start on it. It was a political arrangement and I called it off myself."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 10:07 AM
I wasn't going to say anything...
Aesa has a 'sweet and innocent' look on her face, which of course should tip Tabitha off since Aesa is neither.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 10:09 AM
Tabitha's too busy bemoaning the situation to herself.

Evander, on the other hand, has noticed and he's just fine with that. Little trouble was fun to have Tabitha in. Big trouble would be what he concerns himself with.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 10:11 AM
So... we should just get him back in a manner that stops his plans, right? It's not like that isn't possible.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-29, 10:11 AM
Claudius wakes up with a sigh and rubs the bruise on his face. He groans and shoots a killer glare at the grey creation. "Why did you do that for?"

The grey creation stands up and backs off a little. "Hey, hey, no need to be so angry. I thought you were about to go into hysterics. Not something I particulaly wanted to happen."

"So you knocked me out..."

"Yes."

"You could've at least asked if anyone had a sleep spell or something...Punching me was hardly neccessary."

The grey creation sighs and backs off further. "No time."

Claudius looks just about ready to explode but somehow keeps his temper under control. "I...Just don't do it again."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 10:14 AM
"Yeah... I... suppose... so..." She's not certain how Aesa intends to accomplish this, but hey, it's Aesa.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 10:18 AM
But you know, there is this little problem where I still have next to no idea what is going on, so...
Aesa tilts her head, holding it up with one hand while gesturing with her other.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 10:22 AM
"You know that thing you can do to scry back in time? It'd save me a lot of breath," Tabitha says, grinning. "Anyway, he hasn't done anything yet. Arram is the most problematic, although, Diederick'll do whatever he tells him to. Lapdog..."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 10:28 AM
I guess I could...
Aesa sighs and traces a rune or two.
I've just been trying to not to use Seid.
She lets the knowledge of the past flow into her mind, then sighs and settles again.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-29, 10:29 AM
The grey creation crosses its arms and glares back at Claudius. "I can disobey your orders sir. And I can't promise not to disobey that one. If the situation calls for it I will do it again."

And Claudius loses his temper, exploding in a fit of rage. "YOU WILL OBEY MY ORDERS! I WON'T ACCEPT MY OWN CREATIONS HURTING ME! You will not ever inflict pain on me again."

The grey creation sighs, it was always treated as an inferior being even if Claudius didn't realise. "Sir, you know I can't promise to obey that order. There are situations where it may be neccessary."

"HOW DARE YOU DISOBEY MY ORDERS? I SHOULD NEVER HAVE CREATED YOU!" And with that Claudius turns and walks briskly away, too angry to continue talking.

"But sir..." The creation watches Claudius walk off, not so stupid as to follow him.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 10:31 AM
"Are you... okay, Aesa?" Tabitha asks, seeming to realize the fact that she doesn't want to use Seid would imply otherwise. She sits up and puts a hand on Aesa's shoulder.

Evander watches the exchange between the grey creation and Claudius. That man was nigh impossible. He truly shared the grey creation's frustration's, having a ward of his own to look after. In fact, Tabitha was just about as impossible, too. Sometimes.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 10:37 AM
Yeah, and that's why I'm trying not to use Seid.
Aesa looks at Tabitha.
Channeling energies through the body causes you pain. I got used to being in pain, I tolerated it and forgot what it was like to live without it. It was a natural part of my life.
Aesa smiles a little.
It got a little worse than normal, and Sunn was worried about me, so she got rid of my pain somehow. All of it. I'm trying not to use Seid until we can figure out a way to get rid of the pain it causes permanently.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 10:41 AM
"Ach... I'm sorry, Aesa," Tabitha says, rather flinging herself into a hug. This may be the first time she's ever tried to hug Aesa, actually. "I'm glad you two are working on a way to fix it, though. I'll help you if I can figure out a way that I can."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 10:42 AM
Aesa smiles and hugs her back.
Hugs are good enough for me.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 10:45 AM
"Then you'll be getting a lot of them." She grins, still hugging her a bit.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 10:47 AM
Good.
Aesa ruffles her wings a little and lets go of Tabitha.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 10:48 AM
Tabitha takes that as cue for "hug time over now." And she's okay with that. Returning to a lying position in the grass, "So, anyway, you're all updated on things now."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-29, 10:48 AM
Claudius sighs and sits in the middle of the garden. "My creation...Should obey my every word...Would be nothing without me...It should be grateful for that..." his voice drifts off as he vents his anger.

The grey creation sighs and walks over to Evander. "Well this is just great. How do you persuade Tabitha to listen to your advice? There must be some way of showing Claudius that I know best in certain situations..."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 10:49 AM
Right. And I have a headache.
Aesa sticks her tongue out at Tabitha.

Rebonack
2007-05-29, 10:51 AM
Maph'tey reminds the universe that he's still sitting in the temple grounds being small and cute.

So 'POOF' there he is!

"I was wondering when everyone would get back."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 10:52 AM
Aesa looks at Maph'tey and twitches, her wings ruffling and arching behind her.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 10:54 AM
"Oh!" Tabitha says, now pouting a little. She feels bad for having accidently made Aesa hurt herself.

Sighing and shaking her head, she smiles at Maph'tey. Cuteness evaporates frustration for her. "How've you been Maph'tey? I mean, apart from the mess with Limos?"

"It helps that she does not feel I am indebted to her. I believe it is a state of mind. She counts me among her friends, not her belongings..." Evander says, sighing on the creation's behalf. It had to be certainly frustrating. "Although, she does sometimes ignore my advice anyway. Even to go so far as to shut our communication line down if I am overly persistent. Though that has only happened once as of yet. Because she was concerned for my safety as opposed to her own."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-29, 11:01 AM
"You think Claudius considers me a belonging? I'm not so sure, I get the feeling he always thinks he knows better than me, it's similar but...Maybe I should let him get in trouble, prove that I know what I'm talking about, that I know when it's better to run away rather than stay and fight." It sighs again and turns to watch Claudius. "He is completely incapable of defending himself, he needs a bodyguard. From what he's told me Tabitha isn't so useless in a combat situation." It frowns, desperately trying to think of a better way to prove Claudius needs it as a bodyguard.

Rebonack
2007-05-29, 11:01 AM
"Well, I've been fine since Limos we defeated," Maph'tey says in his cute little voice whilst trying to figure out what the twitching vala is all about. "I've just been trying to catch up with everyone. I went to the station the other day to check in and discovered that a sizable portion of the Town has been taken over by some fascist organization."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 11:06 AM
Aesa pounces at Maph'tey and tries to hug him, unable to resist the cuteness anymore.

Rebonack
2007-05-29, 11:09 AM
"Gah!" mini-Maph is grappled pretty easy, what with those penalties from tiny size and all. At first he wiggles a bit before he figures out that Aesa isn't trying to smashing him or something.

"So... umm... It's hard to take me seriously when I'm like this, isn't it?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 11:09 AM
"Not KNAVES?" Tabitha asks, sounding confused. If he had meant KNAVES, surely he would have said so. She's also trying hard not to grab hold of cute Maph'tey and cuddle the schnap out of him. It's quite the feat.

"Tabitha fights hard, particuarly when angered by something. However, this temper would put her into many unfavourable positions..." A deep sigh rumbles out of the armor, "I do not know a proper way to help Claudius realize your value and knowledge. Letting him get into trouble may backfire. I would not risk it with my lady..."

At Aesa's jump hug on Maph'tey, Tabitha loses her own self-control and pounces herself, with intent to pet and cuddle.

((Lunch! *pounces*))

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 11:11 AM
You're just so cute!
Aesa beams at Maph'tey.

Rebonack
2007-05-29, 11:13 AM
Maph'tey now attempts to convey all the information about this new threat between pets, ear scratches, and other assorted attention.

"They call themselves the Fourth Empire. They've got some high-tech sort of stuff and some kind of zone of enervation around the area they hold. Apparently to weaken any gods or anything that try to stop them."

Maph'tey is then reduced to a cuddly NPC while Rebonack goes to work.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-29, 11:14 AM
"I know. It's too risky really, but...I can't think of anything better and he needs to realise my value." It groans and strangles the air in frustration, its master certainly managed to put it in some very awkward situations. "And unless I can think of anything better I will be forced to go ahead and let him get himself into trouble."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 11:22 AM
Meh. I'm sure I could find a way to bypass that kind of field.
Aesa rubs behind his ears.

Kantur
2007-05-29, 11:34 AM
Kantur puts some of the paper in his bag of holding before stretching and heading over to the group.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 11:54 AM
Tabitha nuzzles him on the nose in fact. "Adorable animal" shape just seemed to warrant "eskimo kiss."

"Squee!"

The Cute Maph'tey O' Doom is hard to resist.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 12:01 PM
Aesa grins and looks at Tabitha.
So, what now?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 12:06 PM
"Haven't got a clue. I mean, I could start working on some new project or something. Did I ever show you my airship plans?" Digging around in her tunic produces a crinkled piece of paper. It still has the plans for the Resonance Gauntlet on it. Along with said airship schematics. Or at least the beginnings thereof. "Course, I don't know if I want to build things just yet. So, if you've got a better idea, I'm all for it."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 12:10 PM
Well, I still would like it if you built me something...
I'm still trying to think of how I could repay you though.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 12:12 PM
"My only problem is: I don't know what you've already got." This was an old problem for her indeed. "I'd make you anything you wanted."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 12:14 PM
I have absolutely nothing that works on gears. So I think you're in the clear for making me whatever you want.
Aesa looks excited.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 12:16 PM
Tabitha's eyes light up, "How 'bout something entirely useless unless you want something pretty and interesting to look at?" She looks just about as eager.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 12:19 PM
Okay!
Aesa is grinning widely.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 12:21 PM
"I've got to do some research on the subject, but it has more to do with waves and vibrations..." she says, scribbling the basic concept onto the paper. "And it should be gorgeous..."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 12:23 PM
Aesa hums and ruffles her wings, wondering where she'd put it.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 12:30 PM
Tabitha just looks as pleased as punch to be doing something highly creative and non-destructive. She continues to scribble happily on the paper, trying to plan it out.

((Deadtime for 30-45 min. Lawnmowing... away! *^_^*))

Kantur
2007-05-29, 12:37 PM
How's everything with you?
Kantur asks Aesa

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 12:43 PM
Very good. I've lost the pain that comes with Seid, being with Sunn is simply extraordinary, and I got a fun job being in charge of OmniShop security. You?

Kantur
2007-05-29, 12:54 PM
Can't complain; everything's going well and I'm even about to start making some money...Well, as soon as Exachix or Fenric appear.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 12:59 PM
Oh really? How is that?
Aesa is in very high spirits and is smiling happily.

Kantur
2007-05-29, 01:16 PM
With all the priests around here, I don't tend to get much chance to use them for anything useful, so instead I'm going to start praying for less used spells and scribe them or bottle them - useful one shots for the temple and I actually get to help...

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 05:57 PM
Items are much more reliable than priests, too. Priests can get sick, or run off somewhere. Items usually stay in one place.
Aesa curls up on the ground, putting a wing over herself.

The Geomancer
2007-05-29, 06:00 PM
Ezekiel stumbles out of his room, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

Rebonack
2007-05-29, 06:18 PM
Mini-Maph blinks several times, glancing around the temple after having dozed off in the grass.

"Did I hear something about sonic weapons, airships, and kinetic art?"

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 06:19 PM
Yes you did.
It should be noted that Aesa still has a good hold on him.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 06:19 PM
Tabitha looks up, almost a bit dazed from her absorption in the work, "Y-yeah..." Blink. Blink.

The Geomancer
2007-05-29, 06:21 PM
Ezekiel stumbles into the sanctuary, sleep still clinging to his eyes. He looks around for anyone he knows.

Rebonack
2007-05-29, 06:31 PM
Maph'tey wiggles around a bit, looking for a more comfortable position to sit in his current captivity.

"I wouldn't mind watching. Or giving a hand. I must admit that my mechanical skill is pretty minimal," the lil' critter admits in his lil' voice. He then sighs, glancing off toward some obviously visible smoke rising from the direction of the police station.

"That Fourth Ri- I mean, Empire is apparently allied with the KNAVEs. Slipped in during that mess with Limos. Maybe as cover, I really don't know. I've been trying to figure out how that enervation field works, but near as I can tell it's being fueled by a Plot Device. Getting past it might prove difficult."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 06:33 PM
I'm sure a little field that generated an alternate probability where their field didn't exist would bypass it fine.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 06:40 PM
"I could use some help! I was wondering what material I might use to help morph sound waves into light waves..." She gestures to her Resonance Glove, an item that pratically swallows her entire arm. "Sunn suggested the ceramic in this. I was originally going to use quartz... but I've got an idea for that later, anyway."

Rebonack
2007-05-29, 06:53 PM
Maph'tey just nods in response to Aesa. It certainly sounds like it would work, but with all the crazy stuff that happens in Town, who knows?

"Turning sound into light... I designed a spell that does something like that. Absorbs elemental energies and stores them as radiant energy. It was the only thing that stopped Aesa from force missileing me to death the first time we ran afoul. Of course... force technically isn't elemental. Getting it to absorb that particular energy type was tricky."

He wiggles around a bit more.

"But a material... Hmmm... What does it do with the sonic energy now?"

The Geomancer
2007-05-29, 06:54 PM
Spotting Tabitha, a relative stranger albeit a nice one, Ezekiel decides to move forward and maybe get in on the conversation. He then spots Aesa, who offered to protect him from his former employers at the cost of information he may or may not know. Seeing her causes him to quickly backpedal towards the priests quarters. Then he spots the ultra-cute furry being she is holding. This causes him to stop moving altogether.

The end result is Ezekiel standing awkwardly in the middle of the sanctuary.

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 06:56 PM
Aesa listens, still not quite understanding it all.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 06:57 PM
"Converts it into visible light. This is really more for fun than for function." she says, tapping a pencil on her drawing paper. It was going to run out of room pretty soon at this rate, actually...

Rebonack
2007-05-29, 07:04 PM
"Well..." Maph'tey begins, stretching to better see the glove. He also wonders when he became fuzzy all of sudden, since he's pretty certain he isn't. "You could use the sound to vibrate a filament of some kind. If you get it going fast enough it will begin to emit light. Depending on what kind of material you use it'll give off different colors."

AmberVael
2007-05-29, 07:06 PM
You could make it lots of different colors! Or... purple?
Aesa says the last one with a small grin.

The Geomancer
2007-05-29, 07:06 PM
Ezekiel slowly inches way over to the group. Eventually they might notice a relative stranger standing uncomfortably near to them and staring at them. Creepy.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-29, 07:08 PM
"I feel I'm going to give away the entire surprise by telling you..." Unless, of course, Aesa doesn't like surprises... Then she'd be fine with that.

Just outside the group, a heavy, metal hand reaches out to settle on Ezekiel's shoulder.