PDA

View Full Version : Redcloak's Amulet/Xykon's Phylactery [Spoiler]

CaptOfTheHarem
2007-05-28, 07:43 PM
I noticed that since comic 414 (panel 6) (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0414.html) Redcloak's amulet has a white center rather than its previous/normal black center (which was last seen in comic 376 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0376.html). Almost all of the earlier strips have the amulet with a black center. The only other time that it has changed colors was when Xykon's soul was in it (it had black eyes on a white field during those strips {such as in strip 147 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0147.html)}). Does this change in color imply that Redcloak is merely not wearing the actual phylactery and merely a decoy? If so, where is the real one? Or is there a simpler solution that I am not thinking of?

(If this question is located on another thread, this thread can be deleted)

mvp129
2007-05-28, 09:20 PM
graphics upgrade?

1337_master
2007-05-28, 09:41 PM
No, no, they would of told us about some sort of update. I would Agree with you, but If he didn't, He couldn't use his spells...right?

Basalock
2007-05-28, 09:54 PM
It could be an art mistake, or it could be a new unholy symbol wich xycon will notice when they next see each other.:smallcool:

mvp129
2007-05-28, 09:57 PM
haha no i was just making a joke...it could very well be an oversight. if you have more then 400 comics to keep track of could you make EVERY single character consistent? as much as this comic is bound by the D&D rules (i don't pretend to know them by the way), it could just be that Rich has so much going on that he can't possibly get every last graphical detail straight...

Bucephalus
2007-05-28, 09:58 PM
i think there was athread about this a while ago, but i forget what they concluded ....heh

Starshine
2007-05-28, 10:39 PM
it could also be, due to the fact that Rich has common poses saved, that a certain section did not get copied and pasted into the newest ones... or maybe its an art update that redcloak hasnt noticed yet... because well we know that the characters notice their updates :P

bluewind95
2007-05-29, 09:23 AM
Maybe Redcloak is just good at what Haley told Roy to do: pretend he's always been drawn that way.

I think it looks better that way, though.

the_tick_rules
2007-05-29, 10:11 AM
yeah, the giant has made minor inconsistency mistakes, but they're all so minor it's of no real importance.

Tyrmatt
2007-05-29, 11:35 AM
Meanwhile, in the Burlew-Cave...
"God damn! Why do they persist in figuring out my storylines before I can publish them? I rewrote the damn Miko falling thing like 30 times to avoid this!"

Starshine
2007-05-29, 11:47 AM
Meanwhile, in the Burlew-Cave...
"God damn! Why do they persist in figuring out my storylines before I can publish them? I rewrote the damn Miko falling thing like 30 times to avoid this!"

LOL naw i dont think he would re write an enitre story line because someone figured it out... he said he dosent pay attention to our thoughts of what will/should happen next... why would this one be any different?