PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Ravousleious, Demon Prince of Shadows

RavenJovan
2015-11-07, 03:12 PM
I decided to break off a bit and attempt to build a demon prince what do ya think?

RAVOUSLEIOUS, DEMON PRINCE OF SHADOWS

Large fiend (demon), chaotic evil
Armor Class: 20
Hit Points: 412 (35d10 + 150)
Speed: 30ft., fly 30ft.
STR 10 (-) DEX 30 (+10) CON 22 (+6) INT 22 (+6) WIS 20 (+5) CHA 26 (+8)
Saving Throws: Dex +18, Cha +16, Con +14, Wis +13, Int +14
Skills: Stealth +18
Damage Vulnerabilities: radiant
Damage Resistances: acid, fire, thunder
Damage Immunities: cold, lightning, poison, necrotic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from non-magical weapons
Condition Immunities: exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained
Senses: truesight 120ft., passive Perception
Languages: Abyssal, telepathy 120ft.
Challenge: 23 (50,000 XP)

Incorporeal Movement: The demon can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. It takes 5 (1d10) force damage if it ends its turn inside an object. If a creature ends it’s turn inside the demon it takes 6 (1d12) necrotic damage.

Light Sensitivity: While in bright light, the demon has disadvantage on attack roll s, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.

Shadow Stealth: While in dim light or darkness, the demon can take the Hide action as a bonus action.

Legendary Resistance (3/Day): If demon fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.

Magic Weapons: Demon's weapon attacks are magical.

Darkness Aura: A 60-foot radius of magical darkness extends out from the demon, moves with it, and spreads around corners. The darkness lasts as long as the demon is conscious. Darkvision is halved, and no natural light can illuminate it. If any of the darkness overlaps with an area of light created by a spell of 2nd level or lower, the spell creating the light is dispelled.

Create Shadow: Target must succeed a Charisma saving throw (DC 24) or its shadow will animate and attack after the demon.

ACTIONS

Multi-attack: The demon makes one attack with Wraith Maker, uses it’s create shadow ability, and then one claw attack.

Claws: Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 25 (3d8 + 10) necrotic damage or, if the demon had advantage on the attack roll, 40 (6d8 + 10) necrotic damage.

Wraith Maker (Greatsword): Melee Weapon Attack: +18 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 26 (4d6 +10) piercing/slashing damage plus 14 (4d6) necrotic damage. Half of hit points taken by sword is given to wielder. If Targets hit points drop to 0 as a result from this weapon it raises as a wraith under the wielder’s control, only 3 wraiths can be produced by this weapon at any time, the wraith attacks before its creator does.

Madness of Ravousleious
If a creature goes mad in Ravousleious’ lair or within line of sight of the demon lord, roll on the Shadowfell Despair table to determine the nature of the madness.

SHADOWFELL DESPAIR

D6 Effect
1-3 Apathy: The character has disadvantage on death saving throws and on Dexterity checks for initiative, and gains the following flaw: "I don't believe I can make a difference to anyone or anything."

4-5 Dread: The character has disadvantage on all saving throws and gains the following flaw: "I am convinced that this place is going to kill me."

6 Madness: The character has disadvantage on ability checks and saving throws that use Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma, and gains the following flaw: "I can't tell what's real anymore."

JNAProductions
2015-11-07, 03:16 PM
173 HP?

This thing will get alpha struck into oblivion by any resonable 20th level party.

RavenJovan
2015-11-07, 03:20 PM
173 HP?

This thing will get alpha struck into oblivion by any resonable 20th level party.

Well I figured his abilities were too much and I know his health is low, so I need to figure a good amount of HD to give him, I'm thinking about giving him a bit more or less than Graz'zt, what do you think?

RavenJovan
2015-11-07, 06:36 PM
Ok I gave him more health, I still think he's missing something but I'm not sure

RavenJovan
2015-11-14, 07:58 PM
A sword makes it much better :smallsmile:

M Placeholder
2015-11-14, 08:51 PM
Ok I gave him more health, I still think he's missing something but I'm not sure

A layer of the Abyss (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Layers_of_the_Abyss). No Demon Lord should be without one.

There are plenty spare for Old Ravy, and his lair could exist on the Shadowfell and in the Abyss at the same time.

RavenJovan
2015-11-15, 01:06 PM
A layer of the Abyss (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Layers_of_the_Abyss). No Demon Lord should be without one.

There are plenty spare for Old Ravy, and his lair could exist on the Shadowfell and in the Abyss at the same time.

I like your thinking