PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Sweet dishes, served cold

aspi
2015-11-07, 05:12 PM
[This is the IC thread for the evil DND 3.5 campaign Sweet Dishes, Served Cold. Anyone is welcome to read. The OOC can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?456781-OOC-Sweet-dishes-served-cold)]

http://www.alepaint.com/imgadmins/webboard_reply/2011-05-09_05-41-26.jpg
[background music] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Vwzw2WTzk)

Chapter 1
Dawn

Bynos was a wretched hive of villainy if ever there was one. What had once been one of the brightest jewels in the royal crown, rivalled only by the capital itself, was now little more than a wicked pockmark on the otherwise serene face of the Jade Coast. A thorn in the kingdom's side that grew more painful by the year. And yet it had remained unchallenged and untouched for years - decades even - ever since the revolt in 726, when the Bey had overthrown the rightful lord of house Nerem and claimed the city for himself. Why the king hadn't taken back the city only the gods knew, but as always they remained silent, even if there couldn't be a shortage of prayers from peasants in the surrounding villages.

Despite all the dregs that it attracted, however, Bynos was also the place to be if you had dealings of a less than lawful nature to partake in, or simply needed a place where little questions were asked - at least to your face. It was a place for laying low, for brokering information, and for hiring or selling hands with shady endeavours in mind. A place of connection, a crossroads of treachery, deceit and almost unlimited potential if one knew who to ask. And that brings us much closer to the core of what led your steps to this part of Merin, doesn't it?

The city was ruled by the Bey. Over twenty years had passed since he had overthrown the council and made short shrift of house Nerem, yet he still ruled Bynos with an iron fist. Some whispered of otherworldly deals that had granted him the ability to stay in power of a city where cutthroat and assassin weren't exactly rare professions. Whatever was known about the Bey was seldom more than hearsay though, since he never appeared in public. Being granted an audience was an honor almost unheard of - and certainly one which you had no reason to hope for. But then again it wasn't the Bey's ear that you needed. It was his hand. Erin Magner, the Hand of the Bey, was the man to approach if one was new to Bynos and in need of, well, anything really. He was, of course, also the man to pay more than just respects to, if one wanted to do business in the city and get anything but a knife in the back as payment.

The Hand - just like the Bey if rumors were true - resided in the former prison of the city, a building which had been repurposed as the palace after the original palace had burnt to the ground during the revolution and was still being reconstructed. And really, if one thought about it rationally, it was the logical choice. The prison was secure, well defensible and most of all completely useless in any other regard since Bynos didn't need a place to lock people up. Dismemberment of more or less vital bodyparts was the only inflicted punishment. Of course, the prison also had the added advantage that visitors seldom fell victim to silly notions of causing trouble once they entered the building with it's sturdy sandstone walls that was nothing short of a trap for the unprepared.

It was easy for you to tell that the Hand was fully aware of the effect this building had. The room that you had been asked to wait in was little more than a prison cell, luxuriously decorated for sure, yet small and crowded on the days when more than a handful of people waited for a chance to talk to the Hand. Wised by the last couple of days where you had waited in vain and been turned away in the evening with one excuse or the other, you had arrived early on this day and been among the first few to enter the prison. Even at this early hour, the hot air let beads of sweat trickle down your temples as a stark reminder that spring had seen it's last days come and go. The first heat wave of the summer held the city in it's grasp and it was especially bad in the sticky, damp inside of the prison, where the gentle breeze that rolled in from the ocean in the west could not reach.

There, waiting, you sit alongside three others that await an audience. A servant had been kind enough to bring some refreshments and placed them on the table - nothing much but a bowl of fruit, dried dates and a decanter of diluted, chilled wine upon which the air's moisture slowly condenses. You get the feeling that this day will see you draw closer to your desires.

It will be a while before you are approached again. Currently, no one is in the room but you four.

Chimaera
2015-11-07, 06:31 PM
Why did he came to such hot city?

Gaspar eyes the others in the room and the basket of fruits, taking some wine to drink.

It take only enough to drink a little to make him begin a coughing crisis, spitting wine in the ground and some blood at his hand: the transformation to starmetal was taking place sure, but the disease still ravaged his body so much that he wondered who would win such race...

Well, at least he hope he could find more of it here in this city: where better place to find such rare metal, right?

He look at the others and see that some of the wine was in their boots and robes.

"I'm... Sorry about that".

Weikel
2015-11-07, 07:22 PM
Evan's face holds a fairly passive expression, though a few odd movements give away to the canny and attentive observer his discomfort. Occasionally, he pulls at the edge of his cloak, a pristine and elegant green piece of cloth, almost as if he doesn't want to get it dirty. A useless effort, of course, as the slight man sitting across from him coughs, spitting wine all over Evan's cloak. Evan's face goes ashen, a look of minor horror spreading across his face, followed by a very quick look of anger, and then a smile displaying what appears to be honest forgiveness.

"It's quite alright." He replies to the apology as he waves his hand over the cloak, followed by a single strange word, after which, all the wine drains from his clothes and they look clean once more. Then he reaches out and pours himself a glass of the wine and after tasting it, looks disappointed for a moment before waving his hand over it as well. The second drink he takes seems much more to his liking. He repeats this process with some of the fruit, eating a piece and refilling his now empty wine before settling back down with his glass of wine. Why did I even come to this city? It's so grimy and uncivilized. Evan thinks as he looks around at the decorations barely hiding the prison walls beneath, once again noticing the two larger men sitting in the room with him. Right, I came here seeking people exactly like these. I need to get some conversation going to see if they are capable and possibly willing to help me out.

Looking to the heavily armored man, Evan speaks up again. "You don't look like you belong in a place like this. Well... none of us really do."

Cast Prestidigitation, using it to clean his cloak and make the fruit and wine taste better.

DasGutz
2015-11-07, 09:09 PM
James looked up at the man coughing. Afflicted he thought to himself, though he couldn't help to wonder which disease the man carried.

He stood up, revealing his height of seven feet. His abnormally long arms reached under the rear of his crimson tunic to place his steel bound book into it's rightful place.

He looked down and straightened his tunic depicting the holy icon of hextor. Even in this poor lighting it seemed his bright silver breastplate caught every light no matter how dim.

James looked around the room slowly. It seemed to be a strange lot gathered today but stranger sights are a common occurance in this city. Jame spoke, the gravely voice of a heavy smoker calmly stated:

It would seem to appear we are in the right place. Why else would four warriors gather in The Hand's prison?

We are here seeking information. Nothing more.

Chimaera
2015-11-07, 09:49 PM
" Nice trick you just did", Gaspar says as he look at the wine vaniah from the other man's cloths, " I've studied magic briefly but I wasnt exactly what they were looking for..."

He stop coughing and clear the blood from his hand, before looking at the tall man, " And warriors? I dont thibk I could qualify for being called a warrior".

Weikel
2015-11-07, 10:05 PM
Evan drains his second glass of wine, pouring another and waving his hand over this one as well. "I think you misunderstand me. Of all places in this city, this is perhaps the most fitting for this particular group, though this city seems a bit... Well, let's just say that I would expect someone of your stature could find a more reputable source of information. Judging by what you all are carrying and wearing, you don't necessarily seem like the down on their luck commoners that fill this city."

DasGutz
2015-11-07, 10:48 PM
James smiled slightly as he shook his head.
Parlor tricks impress the weak my friend...

And what sort of group are we? A magician, a foreigner and a not warrior?

TheMeanDM
2015-11-07, 11:16 PM
The figure in strange, dark armor looks briefly around at the assembled men. He wears a full helm and face plate, the only thing visible are his eyes and the occasional movement of his lips. Looking closely, but not so much as to stare, you notice that his left eye is surrounded by scarred skin...his eyebrow and eyelid drooping slightly.

"Therioux-san." the deep, accented voice from behind the face plate states. "It is both well and interesting to see you here." He nods at Evan. "Perhaps you will be performing somewhere tonight. I remember that you did a very fine show in Loyolaa some months ago. It will not be a show I will forget anytime soon." A chuckle from the blank faceplate. "I do not think the serving josei-tachi will forget either."

http://images.alphacoders.com/475/475332.jpg

Chimaera
2015-11-08, 01:14 AM
"An assassin", he says and with a cough, "Believe or not".

TheMeanDM
2015-11-08, 09:20 AM
"I believe you, for only a fool would call himself such without the proof and gattsu to bring weight behind their words." The voice behind the mask states, a measure of respect resounding in the tone.

Chimaera
2015-11-08, 09:29 AM
"Gattsu? Not familiar with this word or language, what does it means?", Gaspar asks the armored samurai and look at the cell door, " Hope it dont take long for our meeting: I've spent all day here yesterday...".

He rests his head in the wall and close his eyes, clearly tired despise the day having started not so long ago. He spent his last night in feverish nightmares with that fiendish creature and the heat didnt help as well.

TheMeanDM
2015-11-08, 10:22 AM
"I sometimes have trouble with your words, my apologies." He stands up and smacks his gauntleted fist hard against his gut...his abdomen.. "Gattsu." He repeats.

He is not overly tall...though with his armor and piercing green eyes, he makes an intimidating presence...lesser men would be uncomfortable.

"Katsuchiyo Kenichi, of House Kenichi." He bows slightly toward the three others, the face of his helmet remaining upright as he looks at you all. (cat-sue-she-yo)

He sits back down, straightening the black cloak beneath him.

"We wait as long as they desire us to wait." He says flatly. "We can do no more than that."

Weikel
2015-11-08, 12:55 PM
"Ah Katsuchiyo, I thought I recognized you, but of course, I didn't want to presume based on the armor that it was you. I do remember you, even if our meeting was short. I was very distracted at the time. Too many beautiful women in one place." Looking to the shorter man, he adds "An assassin? Can't say I've known any that openly announce it. Well, at least not with words."

Chimaera
2015-11-08, 01:24 PM
"Well, it's not like you havent seen worst in this city, I guess. Last night I barely could sleep due scfeams of someone being stabbed in the alley behind the tavern I was in and I really considered getting out there and finishing up it quickly", he says and give a smile, but thi stime he doesnt seems sick at all, "But I'm not out for making someone's else job for free".

He then introduce himself, "I'm Gaspar or the Green Shadow, any will do".

TheMeanDM
2015-11-08, 01:47 PM
"Gaspar-san" Katsuchiyo says, nodding at the man. "It is well to make your acquaintence."

He turns his head to the final man. "And may we know your name?"

DasGutz
2015-11-08, 04:12 PM
"James Thompson, Champion of Tyranny. I cannot say I recall any of your names, how ever, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Weikel
2015-11-08, 05:06 PM
"Katsuchiyo knows me, but for you two, my name is Evan Therioux, of High House Therioux in Gowem, currently traveling around as a minstrel."

aspi
2015-11-08, 05:09 PM
As you talk to the other gentlemen, time goes by slowly and you guess that about half an hour has passed since you arrived. So far, no one has entered the cell since the servant left. If it weren't for the two seemingly bored guards in formal attire outside the door and the sounds of citylife that filters in through the barred window, you could almost feel like the city had forgotten about you, yet again.

Even though you are engrossed in conversation, your battle sharpened senses never lie completely dormant and for a moment you hear faint and muffled noises of metal clanging against metal and screams of pain. However, you are unable to determine which direction they originate from and the noises are gone as quickly as they arise.
Even though you are engrossed in conversation, your well trained senses never lie completely dormant and for a moment you hear faint and muffled noises of metal clanging against metal and a single, muffled scream of pain. However, you are unable to determine which direction they originate from and the noises are gone as quickly as they arise.
Even over the conversation that is taking place in the waiting room, the sounds of a battle reach your ears. The noises of metal clanging against metal and a couple of stifled screams of pain are muffled and distant but clearly audible. The noises are gone as quickly as they arise, but you are certain that they originated from inside the prison.

TheMeanDM
2015-11-08, 05:16 PM
The armored head of Katsuchiyo turns toward the doorway, then to the barred window, then back to the doorway... and he raises his gauntleted fist up, the universal sign of "silence" or "stop".

"Did you hear that?" He asks, already rising to his feet.

Chimaera
2015-11-08, 05:21 PM
Gaspar suddenly looks up and let a small grin open in his face.
He cracks his neck and right fist, "Did anyone else heard something? I think something may be happening out here", he look at the others and wait for an answer, and then he see that someone else heard it.

He rise to his feet as well, "Something is definitly happening here".

Weikel
2015-11-08, 05:24 PM
Evan jumps to his feet swiftly facing the door with his back against the back of the cell, his hand on the curved pommel of a rather wide-bladed longsword at his hip, its elegant hilt and finely made scabbard fitting with the rest of his attire. This better not be another of Haryn's assassins. The last one was only a few weeks ago, but the timing doesn't quite fit, plus I told nobody I was coming here, it's not like I'm performing or anything. he thinks to himself, always on edge at the first sign of danger.

"I heard it too, fighting of some sort. It was definitely within the prison, err, 'Palace'." He amends exaggeratedly.

TheMeanDM
2015-11-08, 05:30 PM
"Inside? Truly?" Katsuchiyo says, hand on his long bladed katana. He walks to the door of the cell.

"You two. Did you hear the sound of fighting?"

aspi
2015-11-08, 06:27 PM
The guards both look at Katsuchiyo, then at each other and finally back at the samurai. One of them, a burly man in his late twenties, with long, black hair that frames a scarred face, then answers with a nod to the window "You mean that pig getting slaughtered out there?" He chuckles "That happens all the time. Some of them have four legs, some just two." He shakes his head and grins at the second guard who is visibly his senior "Foreigners, eh?". The smile is not returned in kind, however, as the older guard notices the bards hand reaching for the pommel of his sword. Likewise, the guards hand comes to rest on the hilt of a mace that hangs at his side as he looks at Evan apprehensively "What do you plan on doing with that? You're perfectly safe inside the palace."

Weikel
2015-11-08, 07:30 PM
A smile crosses Evan's face as the guard confronts him for even touching his weapon. "What? This elegant and amazingly balanced weapon?" he says as he draws forth a deep purple blade. "You should see it in action. It echoes specific sounds when it strikes. I've heard it's quite painful." He gives the guard a rather bold look, given the veiled threat he just received, a smirk across his face with knowing eyes, before he sheaths the weapon, crossing his arms and chuckling. "I imagine you're right, and I am safe here... depending on who the threat is, of course."

DasGutz
2015-11-08, 08:25 PM
James placed his hand on the bard's shoulder.

We must respect figures of authority my friend. We are not common criminals after all... Unless they mean us harm; then they will learn of our wrath.

James not hear the noises however one can never be too careful. Reaching into his bag, pulling a wickedly spiked chain from its depths.

Better to be ready then be a dead ignorant fool

TheMeanDM
2015-11-08, 10:38 PM
Katsuchiyo stares at the younger guard, eyes narrowing.

"And this is why you are a guard."

Chimaera
2015-11-08, 11:22 PM
Gaspar look the situation and the guards.
"How many legs does this one have?, he asks politely, This pig".

He sits down and close his eyes, "Cant they kill it quickly? Who takes so long to kill? And any idea when the Hand will meet us?".

Gaspar is analyzing the older guard to be able to deliver a death attack sgould something funny happens - one cant be sure, right? :smalltongue:

aspi
2015-11-09, 05:45 PM
The older guard's piercing blue eyes meet Evan's as the bard draws his blade. His dark, tanned and wrinkled hand still rests on the hilt of his mace. He doesn't avert his gaze, doesn't flinch and does not even blink. Only as the bard sheathes his sword again, his hand slowly relaxes. He curls his lips in a faint smile and you get the impression that someone who has survived as long as this man as a guard in a city like Bynos must simply have seen too much already to be shaken easily.

The younger guard doesn't fare quite as well and nervously glances at his comrade as the samurai stares at him. As Gaspar adresses him, he falls silent for a moment and listens, then inquires, visibly confused "What do you mean, how long does it take? Do you hear anything that I don't?" He glances back at the second guard who shakes his head slightly, then back at Gaspar and points at the window "Look, there was probably some ruckus outside. Sounded like a pig with two legs if you ask me but whatever it was, it's over now. No need crying over spilled milk. I'm sure the Hand will see you soon."

Since the guard is somewhat alarmed after Evan drew his weapon, you don't believe that you could surprise him enough at this point to land a death attack.

Chimaera
2015-11-09, 06:01 PM
"It would be wise to check the source of the ruckus though", Gaspar says and look at the others, "Anyone want to check it out with me? I sure need some fresh air", he says with his sick face before looking at the guards, "It wouldnt be a problem, right?"

TheMeanDM
2015-11-09, 06:05 PM
"Stay alert. Three of us heard the same sounds." He tells the younger man. "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times, it's enemy action." He nods respectfully to the older guard.

DasGutz
2015-11-09, 06:13 PM
I'll go investigate with you. You're blade could be of assistance to me.

Chimaera
2015-11-09, 06:58 PM
"What blade?", Gaspar look around himself, "I don't have any blades", he then gives him a smile and walk away to look the source of the trouble.

Weikel
2015-11-09, 07:11 PM
"I don't think I could sit here comfortably not knowing the source of the sounds. I'll go with you as well." Evan says as he follows Gaspar towards the door.

TheMeanDM
2015-11-09, 07:12 PM
"I do not wish to go against protocol and miss our opportunity. Is it allowable for us to leave the room? Will we be contacted by the Hand if we are to be found outside the room or will he take it as a sign of disrespect to not wait for him?"

He directs this question to the senior of the two guards.

DasGutz
2015-11-09, 07:36 PM
It would seem that all four of us are interested in the source of the noise. Shall we go now?

James gestured towards the door Gaspar was heading towards.

aspi
2015-11-10, 02:59 AM
The guard shakes his head at Katsuchiyo's question and responds "You're certainly free to leave to do whatever you want. But don't expect anyone to come looking for you. You'll hardly insult the Hand by your absence because that would imply some vested interested in you." With a telling nod towards the cell you've been waiting in he adds "And I seriously doubt that your presence is if much importance to him." His gaze swipes over all four of you before he turns back to Katsuchiyo "I've seen some of you around over the last few days, haven't I? You've been pretty unlucky. Usually it doesn't take that long to get an audience. It seems the Hand has had other things to take care of lately. If you're set on getting this audience," he pauses briefly and with a telling look he adds "and you should be if you want to do business here, then I would adv..."

While the Guard talks, you hear faint, rapid footsteps approaching that quickly grow louder as a single person hastily walks through the corridor outside the room towards you. The young man, maybe 20 summers old and dressed in a plain green silken tunic whose color contrasts his pale skin, does not wait for the guard to finish and simply interrupts him "Lord Magner will see you now." His statement is not addressed at anyone in particular, but he briefly looks at all of you before he turns around and walks back the way he came, further inside the prison.

The older guard shrugs with a slight grin that doesn't seem entirely unfriendly and seems to be saying problem solved.

As the man in the silk tunic walks away, you notice a few tiny reddish-brown stains on the side of his tunic that still glisten with moisture.

DasGutz
2015-11-10, 03:09 AM
So, it would seem our host is ready to see us...

James stopped talking for a moment as he caught a sight of the stain on the mans clothing. Blood he thought almost instantly.

What languages do you all speak? It may be of use to know if we share other languages then the common tongue.

Chimaera
2015-11-10, 08:38 AM
"Just in time!", Gaspar says after hearing the newcomer's announce, "I was affraid we would stay another day here waiting".

He smile and nod at the guards, "Thanks".

Listening to James' question he speak in several languages.

"I speak the tongue of the dragons", he says in Draconic,
"And the tongue of the devils of Baator", this time in Infernal, " And the tongue of the earth, stones and mountains, he finishes speaking in Terran

TheMeanDM
2015-11-10, 08:51 AM
"I too know the tongue of the dragons and devils." Katsuchiyo says plainly.

Weikel
2015-11-10, 08:58 AM
"I suppose we have the answer to all our questions. Lead on." Evan says gesturing to the young man, with the sweep of his arm. Turning back to the others, he responds, "I can't say I know any of those languages, but personally I speak Dwarven and Elven. I'm a people person, and I'm classically trained, so those languages were what I was taught."

TheMeanDM
2015-11-10, 09:48 AM
Ensuring that he is to be seen, Katsuchiyo follows the man that summoned them.

DasGutz
2015-11-10, 10:34 AM
(In Infernal) Watch your backs, the boy had spots of blood on his tunic.

TheMeanDM
2015-11-10, 11:53 AM
Katsuchiyo lays his hand upon the hilt of his katana, eyes keenly observing their "guide" and the surrounding area.

DasGutz
2015-11-10, 04:16 PM
James walks up to Evan, places his hand on his shoulder and whispers in Dwarven:

If things turn sour, we may require your silver tongue. However, watch your back, our guide has fresh blood on his tunic.

aspi
2015-11-10, 05:28 PM
The young man in the green tunic walks in front of you, and while he is not quite running, his fast pace gives you the impression that he is expected back without delay. Now that it has been pointed out, all of you notice the fine, reddish-brown spatter on his tunic. With determined steps, he leads you through the plain corridor of blackened sandstone that heads deeper into the prison. At the first intersection, he turns left into a larger hallway with ornate carvings on the wall and ceiling that appear to have been added only recently. At the end of the hallway, maybe 30 steps in front of you, two guards flank a large, iron-clad portal with two wings. While not quite as impressive in stature as James, they are both taller and more muscular than the two guards that were on duty in front of the waiting area. Your guide walks directly towards the portal and waves his hands at the guards in a gesture that seems to say open the damn door already.

Now that you think about it, you have heard stories about the Hands of the Bey. This position seems to change every couple of years, but you are unaware of any tales in which the previous Hand abdicated or retired. While this might be biased (because a retirement would not make for a good story of course) it seems that the Hands of the Bey frequently meet a violent end. You have heard little about Erin Magner, except that he has held this position for about five years already.

Chimaera
2015-11-10, 06:14 PM
The fast pace and the heat (and probably the poor constitution of Gaspar) make the greenish man sweat and ran out of breath, as he try to keep the pace as fast as he can, but his effort is visible.

The actually have to stop and catch his breath when they reach the door.
He look at the muscular guards and give them a faint smile, before heading through them toward the chamber the guide went.

Weikel
2015-11-10, 07:50 PM
Evan follows closely behind the young man in green, walking as fast as the man without seeming to be exerting much effort. "Nice place you got here. Seems comfortable. I really like the... well, it looks recently renovated." he says sarcastically as they walk through the corridor with recent carvings, gesturing to the ceiling and walls. Evan seems to not be perturbed by the large men, still walking rather confidently towards the door, though the canny observer would notice his hand twitch slightly as if about to reach for his blade.

DasGutz
2015-11-10, 09:12 PM
James placed his right hand over his chest as he nodded towards the guards. This was mostly for him to hear the distinctive "click" of his ring against his amulet.

aspi
2015-11-11, 05:03 PM
With the squaking of ill-oiled iron, the two wings of the portal are pushed open. The room behind it is square with a dimension of about 20 feet in each direction. The ceiling is high and lit by oil lanterns that adorn the walls in regular intervals. Well crafted tapestries displaying both religious and mundane scenes cover most of the walls on each side of the room.

The young man in the green robe quickly enters and approaches a divan at the far wall of the room and murmurs something that you cannot understand to the man that is sitting on it, before sitting down himself on a chair to his left. The man on the divan, maybe forty years of age, muscular yet wiry, looks towards you as you enter to room. He is clothed in an embroidered, deep blue vest and pantaloons of the same color, his hair hidden beneath a turquoise turban that is adorned by a black gemstone and single, pink feather. His expression is stern, his posture upright and his eyes seem to pierce into your mind. To his right stands a young woman, equally wiry yet less muscular. She is clad in black, form fitting linen that match her short, raven black hair. Vigilantly, she watches as you enter the room, her arms crossed in front of her chest. Similarly, half a dozen guards stand in the room, two to each side of the divan and two next to the door. At the far side of the room, you see a smaller, yet closed door.

It is then that you notice the pool of half-congealed blood in front of the portal that Evan unwittingly stepped in, which is slowly seeping into the cracks of the mosaic on the floor. All over the room, small details seem amiss or out of place. The the small coffee table next to the divan is slightly out of place from where it should be standing according to the indentations that its legs have left in the carpet over time. It's plate is slightly cracked and broken. Across the wall next to the door, a fine spray of red is spattered. In the corner, under a rosewood commode, lie a couple of specks that resemble bloody, human teeth. One of the guards inside the room isn't standing as straight as the others, his face a stone mask of concentration that only briefly slips into an expression of pain every now and then as he breathes.

As the man on the divan, Lord Magner without any doubt, raises his hand, you notice his swollen knuckles, the skin above them burst and bloody. Impatiently, he motions you to approach.

Chimaera
2015-11-11, 05:39 PM
Gaspar look around the scene of a probable battle and at Lord Magner.
He walks toward him and tell the noble bard, "That cantrip now would be quite good...", he then bow to Lord Magner, "Thanks for receiving us".

He stop and look at him and at the woman with him, paying little atention to the guards and waiting for those who are better with words to speak.

TheMeanDM
2015-11-11, 06:06 PM
Katsuchiyo steps forward and places his hands at his sides. He bows a full 90 degrees toward the man on the dias, amd this time you notice that he does not raise his face to look at the man, but looks straight down at the floor. "Ohayō gozaimasu, Shuken Magner." Formal greeting of "Good morning Lord Magner."

He then bows, again 90 degrees, to the woman at the side of Lord Magner.

Diplomacy:
Roll(1d20)+5:
20,+5
Total:25

Holy crap!! I need to buy a scratch ticket!! LoL

DasGutz
2015-11-11, 06:33 PM
James steps to the left of the group, and again places his right hand on his chest as he bows his head slightly.

Good day Lord Magner

Weikel
2015-11-12, 09:19 PM
Evan walks confidently into the room eyes up, not noticing the blood pooled on the ground until he steps right into it. Stepping past it and not letting it affect his demeanor, Evan gives Lord Magner a rather theatrical bow, one arm out to the side, palm up, the other at his waist, going down about 45 degrees, before rising again. "Lord Magner" he says, with a respectful nod of his head.

aspi
2015-11-14, 11:40 AM
Lord Magner leans forward as you approach, almost as if shortening the distance between you and himself would speed the process. He listens to your salutations, but barely lets Evan finish before he waves his hand dismissively and finally leans back into the divan. "Yes, yes, welcome to Bynos", he addresses you in a deep, hoarse voice with a slightly condescending overtone. "I apologize for the mess", he adds in a manner that leaves no doubt that he feels neither sorry nor responsible for the situation at all. "It appears that the King has finally grown a spine and decided to retake Bynos. Or at least to give it a try", he adds with a foul grin that reveals a stained, chipped row of teeth. "This is no surprise in itself. It had to happen at one time or another and we've been aware of the approaching army for weeks." He leans forward again, his elbows resting on his knees, and continues "I was however surprised to find that he dared to send assassins in advance. And even more so to find them make it so far into the palace. This is entirely unacceptable and demands an answer. After failing to discover the threat ahead of time, my trusted advisor has thus volunteered to lead a retaliatory strike at the enemy and deal with the marshal of the king's army, before it even arrives at the city. Isn't that correct, Elnora?" He looks towards the woman at his side, who nods begrudgingly "Of course, Lord Magner."

The Hand turns back towards you, his piercing gaze resting uncomfortably on all of you in turn. "I'm certain that you came to Bynos with important business to conduct. However, times of war are approaching fast, and they impose certain restrictions upon my schedule. I'm also certain you would agree that stability must be restored first, as I simply lack the time for matters of business at the moment. However, once the threat of war is averted, the city of Bynos would be most appreciative to those who made this happen." He smiles an uncomfortable, awkward smile of someone who cares little for such social pleasantries. "And so would I, of course."

"So what do you say?" the Hand asks all of you, "Can I call upon you to provide Elnora with the assistance that she requires to complete her task? It shouldn't take you long, as the army is a mere two days ride from here. On your return, I would be delighted to listen to each of your requests in person and do whatever is in my power to lend my support in the matters that brought you to our city."

Chimaera
2015-11-14, 11:54 AM
"Wars are always bad for business", he agrees and look at both Elnore and Magner, "Just kill their commander or swipe them all?".

For those who saw the weak and sick man before, it's almost as he isnt sick at all and even look younger and... Happy?

Looking at the woman, " Elnora, right? I'm Gaspar. What's your plan?

Weikel
2015-11-14, 12:24 PM
"As it happens, Lord Magner, I come here with a message that likely bears some importance to the situation at hand. It is a message intended for you and, if you deem necessary, the Bey, and I was instructed to give the letter to you personally." With that, he withdraws from the inside of his vest a folded and sealed piece of paper bearing an official crest. "As to this task you would have us do, before agreeing, I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into and what I would be getting out of it, but I'm sure I can be of assistance in some way." Once the letter has been taken from him, and he sees it goes to Lord Magner, Evan lifts his blood-soaked boots and waves a hand over them, the blood swiftly draining from them only the floor, his clothes once again pristine.

The Kingdom of Berine is one of the few nations in the area that are not already aligned with the Jade Coast, Bynos being another. It is a fair sized nation, not as large as the Jade Coast, but one of the Jade Coast’s largest neighbors. Near them is Gowem, Evan’s home nation, and an ally of the Jade Coast. Berine sits just southwest of the Jade Coast and directly south of Gowem.

Diplomacy check:[roll0] Evan was asked to deliver this letter by the Queen of Berine. The letter is signed by the Queen. Evan spent some time in the King's court performing for him at various dinners and events, most of which ending with all the men rather drunk and barely conscious, often going to bed with women who were not their wives. This left Evan many times talking at length with the Queen, some of those times his charm got the better of her and it led to what could be seen as treason. Evan has not read the contents of the letter though he believes he knows some of its contents, given his time spent talking with the Queen.

DasGutz
2015-11-14, 05:32 PM
James carefully weighed the options in his mind.
[i]The only way to advance within the church is to participate in meaningful combat or preform tasks for the church. [i]

Turning to the woman, James stated rather bluntly. Before we agree, what is this task you are in need of? More so, what is your plan for said task?

TheMeanDM
2015-11-14, 06:03 PM
Katsuchiyo listens to Lord Magner. He allows the other men to voice their questions. He observes how the Lords "advisor" reacts to the task put to her for her failure.

She is fortunate her lord is giving her the chance for redemption. A failure of this magnitude should demand seppuku to pay the honor debt. How different things are in this land. He muses quietly to himself, awaiting the answers to the others' questions.

aspi
2015-11-15, 06:02 PM
The Hand slowly rises, staring at Gaspar in disbelief "Swipe them all?" He stares directly at the assassin "Are you mad? It's an army!" He shakes his head and grunts "So what do we have?" Still looking at Gaspar, the sarcasm audible in his voice, he answers his own rhetorical question "A genius," his gaze shifts to James, "a haggler", then to Katsuchiyo, "a functional mute, and an errand boy?" With the last words he grabs the letter from Evan's hand, carelessly breaks the seal with his thumb and let's his eyes dart over it's content, completely ignoring all of you for a few moments.

With the rustling of crumpling parchment, he crams the letter into a pocket of his pantaloons. "Berine, eh? Very well, I'll consider it", he replies to Evan, "after this situation is dealt with. You seem to be mistaking this for a negotiation," is eyes flick back to James, "but let me assure you that it is not. I have told you what I require and made you an offer that few people in this city have received. You can either do what I asked of you and return for your reward, or you can walk out of here." His stance and voice are that of a man who is used to getting whatever he wants. "Elnora will deal with this and you will report to her directly. If you have any issues, take it up with her. Now don't waste any more of my time, I have a war to prepare." He sits back down with a gesture that indicates you are dismissed. Turning to the young man in green that is sitting next to the divan, he instructs him to fetch his commanders.

Elnora steps towards the group and the portal through which you entered. As she passes you, she says quietly "Follow me, if you please." At the portal, she stops briefly to look back at you, as if to check whether you are coming.

DasGutz
2015-11-15, 06:38 PM
James listened carefully to Lord Magner, he sounded like a spoiled child attempting to get his way. That momentary sign of weakness caused an inkling of doubt within his mind, however, James still required his assistance.

James felt his right fist clench firmly by his side as he was called a haggler. Attempting not to cause any more real or perceived insult to Lord Magner, James bit his tongue at any form of a rebuttal.

Only a suicidal fool agrees to an arrangement with no details... James though to himself. Turning his attention back to the woman before them, James spoke again.

M'lady, I require Lord Magner's assistance, as such I wish to hear your plan for the task at hand.

Weikel
2015-11-15, 07:02 PM
Evan gives a slight chuckle at being called an errand boy, for that was exactly how he had felt when he was given the letter. As Elnora passes him, Evan turns and follows her, stepping clear of the blood stains this time, lifting the back of his cloak a little for good measure. Once they reach the door, Evan says sarcastically in a voice only those close to him could hear, "He seems like a pleasant fellow."

Chimaera
2015-11-15, 07:55 PM
Gaspar smiles as he is called a genius, even if it was sarcasm.

He follow behind Elnora, "Let's find someplace private to speak and plan, shall we?", he give a last glance at Lord Magner before leaving and walk with renewed vigor as his mouth turn into a big grin and the gears in his mind begin to work on ways to, probably painfully, kill the stupid genius sometime in future.

TheMeanDM
2015-11-15, 10:16 PM
Katsuchiyo remained silent and unflappable. There would be nothing gained in retorting to such an unoriginal and base insult. His uncle had conditioned him to maintain discipline in the face of a typically emotional situation.

He recalled his uncles words:
Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.

He knew that Lord Magner held sway and power here. He knew that it was advantageous to accept Magner's mission so that he may recieve his aid when the time came.

He executed his formal bow once more, and spun upon his heel to follow the advisor.

aspi
2015-11-16, 06:19 PM
Elnora nods at James and Gaspar, then leads you through the portal back into the hallway. Where you turned left previously, she heads staright and leads you towards a stained glass window at the end, in front of which two doors leave to the left and right in small alcoves that give the hallway a T-shape. She opens the door on her left to a light, sunlit room. In the center of the room stands a five by 5 foot table, on top of which you see a detailed model of what you recognize to be the city of Bynos. Three of the walls are covered with weaponry, some of it very ornate and clearly decorative in nature, some very functional and with nicks and notches from use in battle . At the far wall stands a divan not unlike the one in Lord Magner's audience chamber. The wall to your right is not a wall at all but a sequence of pillars that lead to a narrow balcony facing the courtyard. Through the archways you see the morning sun rising above the rooftop on the other side of the courtyard, bathing the room in a warm, golden light.

As you enter the room, Elnora steps towards the table in the centre and motions at you to close the door behind you. While she turns towards you to do so, something seems to catch her eye, a flicker along the shadow that one of the columns is casting, and her hand immediately reaches for the short sword at her side.

Please roll initiative as you're being ambushed. Everyone but Evan and Elnora is considered surprised so you don't get to act in the first round.
You notice a small flicker, an irregularity in the shape of the otherwise smooth shadow that one of the columns is casting, indicating that someone is hiding behind it.

DasGutz
2015-11-16, 07:08 PM
From ring of anticipation, roll INIT twice, take the higher result.

[roll0]
[roll1]

TheMeanDM
2015-11-16, 07:08 PM
Roll(1d20)+1:
11,+1
Total:12

Weikel
2015-11-16, 08:11 PM
Always on the lookout for threats, some of them perceived, though enough of them real, Evan sees what the others miss, a slight difference in the shadow: someone hiding. "We're not alone." Evan says quietly before opening his mouth wider, and letting out a blood curdling sound. It is melodic, and is almost beautiful, but it is disturbing, and much higher pitch than what seems to belong to the melody. For a moment it almost hurts as the screeching sound emits from his lips, but not quite, and for some reason it doesn't seem to bother you. But for anyone else within earshot, the sound is horrifying. Either way, to all who can hear it, the sound is rather strange.

Evan uses Haunting Melody. All enemies within 30 ft must succeed on a DC 20 Will save or be shaken for 13 rounds. 9/10 Bardic Music Uses left.

aspi
2015-11-17, 05:46 PM
As both Evan and Elnora draw their weapons, the scraping of metal on metal is audible - until it falls quiet long before their weapons are fully drawn. For a brief moment, all of you feel the disorientation and discomfort as something seems completely out of place, before you realize that an eerie silence has descended over the room, which blocks out the noises of the city. The whispering of the soft breeze and even your own breathing vanish. You see your new comrades shouting, but the sound doesn't reach your ears.

A barrage of arrows fly at James from the opposite side of the courtyard, their origin impossible to determine at a mere glance due to the low sun that is blinding you. One of the arrows hits the wall next to him and clatters silently to the ground, two others strike his armor.

From behind the pillar that stands closest to the entrance, a tall, muscular figure steps out that is clad in the scale armor and uniform of the prison guards. Her face is determined, her eyes focussed on Katsuchiyo. With her rapier in advance position, she lunges forward and strikes at the samurai in a rapid, fluent motion. From a second pillar, a short, grim looking man wearing a prison guard's uniform over what looks like leather armor jumps out and strikes at Elnora with a dagger. For a moment, it looks as if she is dodging the blow, but the cutthroats hand adjusts and the dagger sinks deep into her unprotected side, leaving a painful gash. The Hand's advisor screams silently and places one hand on her side, where blood begins to stain her dark clothing. With her short sword, she makes two strikes at the smaller of the two attackers, both of which find purchase, before she takes a single step towards the shadow that one of the columns is casting and vanishes from sight. The man winces silently and pales slightly, his eyes darting through the room, looking for his mark... or any other target. His eyes fall on Katsuchiyo, who is being engaged by the female fighter already. With a quick step, he moves next to the Samurai, trying to sink his dagger into his back.

At the same time, you feel your muscles grow tense, as if some unseen force grabs you with cold fingers that drain the warmth from your skin, pricks and prods you with ghostly fingers that turn even the slightest movement into a battle with exhaustion. A second barrage of arrows shots out from the east, their metal tips glistening in the morning sun, this time aimed at Gaspar.

The area is being silenced. To resist, make a will save vs. illusion (DC 18). This is cast in the surprise round. If you fail, you get to re-roll at the end of each turn that you take.
You are being slowed. To resist, make a will save vs. transmutation DC 18 (DC 17 for Evan). This is cast in round one. If you fail, you get to re-roll at the end of each turn that you take.

If you want to attack, you're within a 5-foot step of either enemy fighter. Aside from the pillars and possibly the table in the center of the room, you see no cover.
A couple of arrows strike your armor while some fall the the ground (attacks rolls 17, 19 and 4). This happens before you are slowed. Please let me know if something hits. You are flat footed.
A couple of well aimed arrowsfly in your direction (attacks rolls 15, 23 and 18). This happens after you are slowed (AC -1 if you don't save). Please let me know if something hits. You are flat footed.
The woman is making a single lunge at you (24, first round), followed by a flurry of attacks (16 and 23, second round). You're flat footed but only possibly slowed for the second set of attacks. The cutthroat is making two attacks in the second round (25 and 9). Please let me know what hits.
If Evan can save against the silence, all attacks in round 2 are at -2. He'll say so OOC.
Please roll your save against silence and let the other know OOC (and IC of you like) if your song works.

Weikel
2015-11-17, 06:44 PM
Evan attempts to sing out what would have been a horrific song, but he can hear nothing, and makes no sound. Though nobody can hear it, anybody looking at Evan notices his mouth moving as though he is cursing loudly at the enemies.

He takes a step towards the smaller of the two attackers, and swings his blade.

After the first swing, his movements seem to slow down, but somehow also take on a more grace, his feet moving with each movement of his sword. In fact, it almost seems like he is dancing. With that, he takes another swing at the same attacker.

Surprise round attack:[roll0] Damage if hit:[roll1]
In first round, free action to activate Snowflake wardance, adding Cha to hit, then attack:[roll2] Damage if hit:[roll3]

Chimaera
2015-11-17, 07:34 PM
It takes sometime to Gaspar to notice the ambush, as three arrows fly to him, but only two managed to pierce his thick emerald skin.

Two arrows hit.
He got 25% chance to avoid any extra damage from criticals and sneak attacks due GSA's Light Fortification.
He also doesnt have his Dex denied to AC so no Sneak Attack at all, right?

He got DR 3/Adamantine too

Reacting as fast as he can, which wasnt that fast indeed (maybe because he as too distracted thinking how to kill that genius), moving to flank the smaller assassin and giving him two emerald punches at the kidney, each of them burning with arcane energy and siphoning any spell protecting the assassin.

Arcane Strike: burning a 1st-level spell slot from Spellthief to add +1 to attacks and +1d4 damage this round.
1st Attack [roll0] dmg [roll1] plus AS [roll2] plus SA [roll3]
2nd Attack [roll4] dmg [roll5] plus AS [roll6] plus SA [roll7]

If the first attack hit, Gaspar will try to Steal Spell Effect, taking away one spell from him.
If the second attack hit, Gaspar will try to Steal Spell Effect, taking away another spell from him.

He try to resist the silence and manage to do it, the sounds coming back to him but yet he still quiet.

TheMeanDM
2015-11-17, 10:57 PM
Normal ac = 24 (25 with Dodge vs 1 enemy)
Flat foot = 23

Round One Woman attack hits

At init 12, firdt round take, I take -4 to Hit (combat expertise) add to AC (28)
At init 12, first round, I elect to use Use Karmic Strike for the *second* round vs anyone who hits me -4 to AC* (24 AC in Round 2)
Dodge vs Woman (25 AC for round 2)

First round attack normal:
[1d20+13] = 5+13 = 18 (http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=73348&macid=0) (or 19 if she is Human)

Let me know if that hits.

Second strike first round vs woman:
[1d20+5] = 5+5 = 10 (http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=73349&macid=0) (11 vs human)

Second Round: Same actions
AC = 25 vs woman
AC = 24 vs cutthroat
Karmic strike vs Cutthroat

(Sword, str/magic, acid surge, acid, bane if needed) = 40
[1d20+13] = 16+13 = 29 (http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=73351&macid=0) +1 vs human = hit AC 30

[1d10+9] = 7+9 = 16+[3d6] = 8+[1d6] = 4+[2d6] = 4 (http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=73354&macid=0) 32 Karmic Strike damage

Attacks Second Round: 1 vs woman 1 bs cutthroat
[1d20+13] = 9+13 = 22;[1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22 (http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=73355&macid=0) = hit AC 23 vs humans

Let me know if they hit and I will roll damage

Katsuchiyo is surprised by the spell and the apearance of combatants here in the prison.

This has allowed his enemy an opportunity to strike him, wich she does with her rapier.

DasGutz
2015-11-17, 11:07 PM
James attempted to yell "ARCHER!" As the arrows struck his armor. But his voice could not penetrate the deafening silence. He reached for his chain to strike the would be assassin by the door but his body felt as if it was filled with lead.

Hextor damn these foes! he silently screamed.

Knowledge (local)+collector of stories check to fuel knowledge devotion
[roll0]

Draw weapon/attack (Per SRD, bab >+1 can do so with one action)

Attack roll, -2 for power attack (20/x2 crit range)
[roll1]+4 for knowledge devotion=20
Damage roll +4 for power attack
[roll2]+4 for knowledge devotion=15

End of turn save vs silence
[roll3]

aspi
2015-11-21, 10:55 AM
With everyone drawing their weapons, the cutthroat finds himself in melee with both Evan and Gaspar that bruise him visibly. A he raises his dagger for another strike, Elnora silently steps out from seemingly out of nowhere directly behind him and shouts, audibly for all those who already managed to shrug off the silence effect "GUARDS." Irritated for a moment, the cutthroat spins around, but too slowly. In quick succession, Elnora's short sword strikes the man in arms and torso. He pales even further, wretches heavily and for a moment it looks like he is about to pass out, before he pulls himself together. As he blinks, the woman has already disappeared from vision again.

The fighter with the rapier is so focused on Katsuchiyo that she does not notice James swinging his chain. It strikes her square in the head, leaving an ugly gash on her forehead that quickly fills with blood. Distracted for only a moment, she reacts too late to bring her rapier in defensive position as Katsuchiyo's Katana strikes her and almost takes off her sword arm, leaving it sizzling with acid that slowly mixes with the gushing blood.

The two attackers briefly look at each other, then the woman draws a potion from her belt and downs it in one gulp. The shorter man grins evilly at Gaspar and tries to sink his dagger in the assassins eye socket but misses as his opponent draws his head back rather effortlessly. Using the slight gain in breathing room, both attackers turn around and sprint towards the parapet, elegantly dodging your blades in the process. They look back for a moment while each of them grabs a length of rope that was apparently hanging down from behind the pillars and put one of their feet in an already prepared loop and hold onto the rope with one hand. The cutthroat whistles briefly before they dislodge from the balcony with a push of their second leg as the ropes are lifted upwards toward to roof and with them your attackers.

From the direction where the arrows hit you, two small, brown bags are thrown in your direction. One hits the pillar next to all of you and splatters harmlessly in a gooey black substance that showers the stoneworkings. The second one flies directly at Gaspar. At the same time, you notice a weird, red mist rising through the cracks of the floor in the center of the room, slowly swirling around your feet and crawling up your legs. Wherever it touches your skin, a tingling sensation takes hold of you like thousands of ants crawling across your skin. Weird, yellow sparks of energy discharge between the mist and the walls, your weapons, and even your clothing. Wherever one of the sparks hits you, the tingling sensation intensifies to the point of nuisance, rapidly grasping along your skin towards your mind.

Make a DC 20 Will save vs. Enchantment (spell) to avoid becoming confused.
One of the tanglefoot bags (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Tanglefoot_Bag) flies in your direction (hits on touch AC 23 or less).

Chimaera
2015-11-22, 04:51 PM
Gaspar is hit in the chest and covered in glue as the strange sensation takes over his body and makes his brain tickle.

He look at the glue and at his own hands, not really sure what he is seeing.

"Ok now... Ok... Now I've got two fingers!", he look at his thumb and index finger and the thumb of each hand, "Or is it... Four fingers?"

He look around for the the rest of the party, "Is this the real life?"

TheMeanDM
2015-11-22, 08:31 PM
Katsuchiyo growls in fury, turning his gaze upon Gaspar, Evan, and James.

He begins to stalk toward them with murderous intent in his eyes.

He holds his katana in both his hands, small droplets of acid dripping from its keen edge.

He looks from one...to the other...to the third....then back to the first. He looks to be weighing whom to kill first...but then he just stands there...and keeps looking...and standing...and looking...and standing...totally indecisive...

Weikel
2015-11-24, 11:46 AM
Evan begins to stare off for a second, but then shakes his head and seems to come back to his senses. Looking up at his new companions, he sees the murder in Katsuchiyo's eyes and backs away a little bit. He begins mouthing out words, waving his arms side to side, but he still makes no noise, knowing he could fix this, if only he could speak, Evan feels helpless. Evan tries to think of if this might be some spell effect that he would know, and if so, if he knows of any way to fix it. Meanwhile ready to defend himself should the large armored man come at him.

Spellcraft check to try to identify the spell effect:[roll0]. 5 ft step back away from Katsuchiyo, enter total defense, +4 Dodge bonus to AC.

aspi
2015-11-24, 06:06 PM
Those of you who are still in command of your mental faculties or otherwise distracted see the legs of your attackers and then the tail of the rope disappear at the top of the ceiling of the balcony as they are lifted higher, probably towards the roof. The muffled sounds that pass through the silence for those that already shook of the effect of the spell are suddenly disrupted by a loud slam from the direction that you originally came from. There, right in the archway of the door, stands Elnora who thew it open with such a speed that it slammed the wall heavily. She both shouts and gesticulates at you to stay put, before she rushes into the corridor, now shouting at what must be approaching guards that you cannot see from inside the room "They're trying to flee over the roof. Don't let them get away!"

While you are still trying to shake the effects of the magical barrage that hit you only moments ago, you are relieved to notice that no further attacks seem to be directed at you. At least for the time being. There is, of course, still the small matter of your new acquaintances that haven't quite shaken off the confusion yet.

The visual effects irritate you somewhat and you can't quite place them, but otherwise this seems to be a fairly standard confusion spell.

Chimaera
2015-11-24, 08:57 PM
Gaspar manage to shrug off the confusion in time to avoid eating the glue: his hand full of it and almost in his mouth.

"We must chase them,before they flee", Gaspar says as he begins to hack the glue out of himself.

Once Gaspar is done with removing the glue and recovering from the confusion, he will most likely chase them, but only if the rest go along or agree

Weikel
2015-11-28, 04:28 PM
Evan holds his sword at the ready as he waits for either sound to come back or the confusion to wear off of his new companions. Once he finally starts to hear himself breath again, he also notices at least Gaspar coming back to his senses. "How can people bear the silence? You're right, we should go after them, but I imagine it would be a lot easier if these two were capable of coming with us. Elnora looked like she was getting the guards, and I think if those invaders get away or are caught by someone other than us, the hand will be much less likely to help us out. Katsuchiyo, James, snap out of it, it's a confusion spell."

Chimaera
2015-11-28, 08:29 PM
"You're caster, right? What you got in your repertoire that you could lend to me?", Gaspar says looking at Evan, offering his open hand to him.

TheMeanDM
2015-11-30, 11:32 AM
Katsuchiyo's eyes begin to lose their murderous intent...his katana slowly lowers..and then finds its home in the sheath at his side.

"I am very sorry for my lack of will. I wish to go after the ones who did this and make them pay."