PDA

View Full Version : Echoes of the Past: Shattered Thrones (IC)

Lentrax
2015-11-08, 07:40 AM
The Crawl. (http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-crawl-creator/?cid=56393642e4b0b52257cd6277)

The cruiser flies down a corridor cleared by the Inquisition. Its scarlet and gold trim identify it as belonging to Darth Seneschal. It flies through space toward the dark side of Coruscant, its shimmering waves of light an illusion created by the millions of hovercraft flying through the night air.

As the cruiser slows down and takes its place in orbit around Coruscant, a shuttle disembarks, flying toward the planet. At four other positions, four other cruisers do the same thing. Each shuttle flies down toward the planet on ion engine contrails. Gaps appear in the interwoven shield layers, and the shuttles continue their descent.

Soon, their destination becomes clear. Imperial Palace.

The massive palace, the seat of the Sith Empire, is a massive building, pentagonal in design, one side for each of the first five lines of the Sith Code.

Each shuttle was instructed to land at one of five landing points around the building. They do so, and from each shuttle, the same procession appears.

Two Imperial knights disembark, their black robes and silver lightsaber hilts distinctive. Next, two ranks of eight troopers depart, flanking the walkway into the palace. And finally, from each figure, a figure in robes of midnight black walk down the walkway and into the palace proper. Each figure has the hoods of their robes pulled so far over their faces that one could not see the faces of the people wearing the robes.

They all walk into the palace, entering a central plaza from different sides. When they each see the identical processions of the other four figures, they stop.

In identical motions, they each lower the hoods of their robes to reveal five identical women. All five of them have fiery red hair, with burning green eyes. Those eyes scan the other four women, and each of them glowers in identical fashion. One of them speaks.

"I am the Empress. You will all leave immediately or be destroyed."

One of the other four snorted.

"I am the Empress. You will all leave, or I will have you taken to Kessel for a long slow tortuous death in the spice mines."

Five women, All five identical. All five claiming to be the Empress. Who is the real Empress? Are any of them real? What fate awaits the Empire? Stay tuned to find out.

Lentrax
2015-11-08, 08:27 AM
There is a spaceport on Kashyyk. This spaceport is a bit rundown, a little on the rough side of looking okay. Tree branches have started growing back through the thick planks that make up walkways, flowers have bloomed on the walkways, and around the spaceport proper, some slicks of fuel and hydraulic fluid have caused accidents. But no one seems to terribly mind, since the spaceport is free of Sith. The Sith learned long ago that you do not descend this far into the forests of Kashyyk without a damn good reason.

And so, in a Cantina, here in the middle region of the wroshyr trees, you are all sitting, waiting away off the planet, or a job that will take you out of here.

Here in the cantina, there is a small den for gambling, some slightly edible food, and decent drinks.

All that is left now, is waiting for a job.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-11-08, 11:45 AM
*pokes Graal-Parr* Hey, bud, I think I heard overheard those two ugly Wookies in the corner making fun of your fur coloration.

Rendel Nep
2015-11-08, 02:43 PM
The wookiee shakes his head with disdain.
«Seriously? You're not even trying. Firstly, they're either a couple or really close friends. » He says as the two other wookiees made a heartfelt passionate kiss.
«Secondly, I heard no such thing and am quite disappointed that you would think you could dupe me with such a simple ploy.» He continues with a hurt tone in his voice.
«Thirdly I'm not going to start what could amount to a centuries long blood feud over something an, no offense, outsider allegedly heard.» He concludes. «Now, If they were Trandoshans, THAT would be different.» he gives a toothy grin.

protheuz
2015-11-09, 07:20 AM
Graxe'en enters the cantina and pauses by the door, as if his eyes were adjusting to the new lighting. He uses those seconds to look around the place and quickly try to acertain any trouble. He wasn't expecting it, but Wookies tended to be excited over matters. And if it offended their perceived honor... It wasn't pretty to watch.

Iggy was left on the ship as a guard just in case.

He goes to the bar and says with a friendly tone "Hello there friend. I'll have a Correlian twister please.". He smiles, showing his shark like teeth and adds "Hope today has been good business for you."

As he enters Grax will take 10 on a percetion check - for a 23 - to quickly survey the room for people, visible weapons, anything amiss or strange etc

He takes a 10 in a persuasion check - for a 31 (if possible) to improve the bartenders attitude

MenhirRocksolid
2015-11-09, 03:07 PM
Heh, there is a brain under all that pretty fur of yours. *looks at the kissing Wookies* They were definitely not talking about you... ugh they should get a tree-house.

Ray Gin looks up just a second before Graxe'en enters the room and then sees him entering and standing a moment in the doorway. *pokes his bud some more* Well, that is one kind of fish you don't see often around these parts.

Rendel Nep
2015-11-10, 12:42 AM
Graal turns to look at the newcomer. «Yeah, you don't. Honestly I don't see what draws anyone to Kashyyyk. I mean there's countless things waiting below the tree line lying in wait to eat you. Apart from that, there's not much to offer the tourists. Maybe one of the most terrifying and potentially bungee jump opportunities in the Galaxy and game hunting for vegetarians...»
His eyes shift between Ray and his droid J3FF. He lean in and whispers «What species is he?»
In response the droid murmurs his answer in basic.

"He's a young male Pau'an, Master. Outer rim species, they co-habit with the Tu'an in a mutually agreed relationship where the Pau'un govern and the Tu'an work. Quite honorable and talented leaders."

Graal isn't very 'worldly'. Smart but without academic knowledge.
Galactic lore for J3ff[roll0]
Edt: didn't know about being able tke 10 on knowledge checks.

Da'Shain
2015-11-10, 08:22 AM
Teak Urdnu

For the third time in as many days, Teak sweeps into the cantina and sighs. Not a lot of new faces, but then, what did he expect in a run-down bar buried halfway to the pitch-black ground floor of this forsaken planet? He'd never thought he'd be able to get tired of trees, having spent most of his life in the jungle, but he had to admit, these overgrown bark-covered mountains grew oppressive after a while. Better down here than at one of the more traveled ports, he thinks, while I wait for whatever it was that called me here.

He closes his eyes for a moment, straining to concentrate on that niggling feeling he'd been following across the galaxy for months, now, but nothing would come. Grimacing, he pushes his poncho back over his shoulders, revealing a broad expanse of tattooed chest and a worn, battered blue flightsuit unzipped to show it. His eyes open and he finds himself staring an an alien he'd never seen before, and what's more, one who was capable of human speech, it seemed. While Kashyyyk was a decent place to avoid Imperial entanglements, he felt sure he could've found some similar place where he could speak the language, instead of here where his only interaction with the natives was in the form of pantomime.

Teak saunters over to the bar next to the tall alien, reflecting that he'd thought himself tall before he came to this planet of giants. Brusque as always, he simply leans on the bar and turns to face Graxe'en, asking him the same question he'd asked several other bar-goers for the past few days. "Greetings. I am Teak Urdnu. Are you why I'm here?"

theskorpionking
2015-11-10, 10:45 AM
Kell had enough of the crew to last her several life times. It was the third group she had joined in months she had left Nar Shadda, perhaps leaving home wasn't such a good idea. She had been hired because she was the only one that could speak Shyriiwook. The trip to Kashyyk took longer than she would have liked, the ship kept having breakdowns and would shunt them out of hyperspace. After they had off loaded, Kell grabbed her gear, and making sure she received her share of the payment, left and headed towards the cantina and, hopefully, a lift off planet. She had arrived at the cantina just as they opened and ordered a blu milk. She sat by one of the opened windows, she did like how humid the place was. She watched as beings came and went. Listening, but overhearing, bits of conversations. Hoping that one of them would lead to a job.

protheuz
2015-11-10, 10:51 AM
"Hello there sir. Please to meet you! My name is Graxe'en Moro, and I am a man of business." he smiles and bows slightly "I can provide medical support or transportation if required. All for a small fee of course. If any of these are the reasons you need me I am of service."

Lentrax
2015-11-11, 03:28 PM
The news broke on the Holonet.

Five empresses. Five factions, each claiming to have one.

More than a few people head out, looking for a terminal to connect back to civilization. A couple of calls on commlinks for ships to get prepped.

The war was going to get hot again....

Your personal commlinks chirp with a notice of the arrival of a messenger droid. There is a location for a meeting. The location is.... Up in the legitimate world. Outside another cantina. One more- a blaster shot rings out and a corpse hits the ground.

-reputable.

Rendel Nep
2015-11-11, 11:26 PM
Graal turns to the source of the blasterfire and skulls down what's left of his drink.
<<Poor barkeep, he had nearly one whole month without a fatality>><<J3FF,Let's go, We've got somewhere else to be. >> He instructs his droid in a crooning grumble before getting up.

Graal turns to the source of the blasterfire and skulls down what's left of his drink. He grabs Ray-Gin's drink and places on the floor of the Cantina ensuring it's upright.
<<Poor barkeep, he had nearly one whole montha fatality>> He says as he flips the table and takes cover <<J3FF, you need to evacuate yourself now. Just in case>> He instructs his droid in a crooning grumble.

I think that's all of the Wookiee's actions.

theskorpionking
2015-11-12, 01:16 AM
Kell listens to the instructions, wondering who they could be from. But, a meeting meant a job. A job meant a way off of this planet. Her head jerked around at the sound of the blaster shot, seeing a body hit the floor. She got up and walked out, there was obviously nothing left to see here anymore.

protheuz
2015-11-12, 01:06 PM
"Dang!!" he says as the news arrive, more because of the change in location than the sith thing - it seemed weird.

Grax looks at his bracer computer and quickly sends the new meating location back to "red" with a request for a map of the zone outside the cantina.

He quickly picks his weapon - the deathhammer - and looks around the room for cover if necessary. He waits for some of the others to leave the room first, and if nothing happens he follows.

Da'Shain
2015-11-12, 02:47 PM
Teak Urdnu

Grimly swiveling his head to survey the new, corpsely addition to the bar's decor, Teak is at once grimly amused and more determined than ever to get off this rock. Turning back to Graxe'en his smirk grows wider as he takes in the tall alien's agitation and weaponry. "Man of business, eh?" he chuckles as he glances at his comlink, seeing the new directive. "Well, looks like you're not who I'm here for anyway. Good luck with the 'transporting'." He turns and stalks from the cantina in search of public transport up to the treetops, and toward his new destination.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-11-12, 04:52 PM
Another one bites the dust... Oh well, at least they will again give this place a proper cleaning.

Lentrax
2015-11-14, 04:14 PM
Through various methods, you all arrive at the messenger droid.

The droid asks each of you to verify your identity. When you do, and the droid's protocols are satisfied, it spits out a datacard. Inserting the card into a datapad or terminal causes it to read out the following information:

"Any crimes you may have committed against the Empire are hereby pardoned. Meet me aboard my flagship, the Dominator. There are certain tasks I would ask of you."

-Darth Victus.

Rendel Nep
2015-11-15, 06:16 AM
Graal-parr just stares at the datapad handed to him for about 10 seconds. Anyone familiar with Wookiee facial expressions or body language would immediately realise he's stumped.

<<Where we are going to get a ship?>> He asks turning to his friend, Ray-Gin.

<<I mean when you think about it, we don't really have a choice. It's the Government, He's a Sithlord, he can do what he likes and if He's interested in us, he'll already know we've done something. Otherwise why would they pick us and offer us a pardon and only a pardon? Unless He's pushing to take the throne... >> He says. somewhat realising that his luck in going below the radar has run out.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-11-15, 04:04 PM
My crimes? Well that is rich... Unless shooting down a squad of corrupt law enforcement officials counts... Or that one time when we dismembered that Transdoshan crimelord pimp in a certain bar, classic that one... Or... heh, I guess that Darth Victus bozo at least has good taste if he's interested in us. And since he's actually now just pardoned us of our perhaps somewhat aggresive community services, we might as well be polite and greet him and see what he has to offer. I'd say we ask that Grax guy for a lift, unless you'd like to steal a ship now and be pardoned of the crime...

protheuz
2015-11-16, 12:47 PM
Grax arrives to the droid outside the cantina and blinks at this new message. He didn't try to hide in the shadows.

This moving around had to have a point - he was sure someone was watching him for the Sith Lord. Why he was chosen he didnt know, but if this message was true a Sith lord was a fine friend to have. At least if he was the one to win the war...

"Excuse me" he says to the droid "Docking protocols and location are within?"

Thinking a bit Grax knows something - if this is a trap - a well made one - he might need some assistance.

Grax will take 10 in Knowledge checks to see what he has heard about Darth Victus

Rendel Nep
2015-11-16, 04:41 PM
<<Let's just ask. Perhaps making an offer to pitch in gas money and our assistance where we're needed.>>

<<Text>> seems to do something weird to the character counting. Before adding color to this reply I apparently hadn't typed in anything.

theskorpionking
2015-11-17, 08:21 AM
After Kell let the information sink in, she turned and sought out Grax. "You there! You said something about being able to offer transport? Well, it seems we're all in the same skiff here." She motioned to everyone that had received a datacard. "And since that seems to be the case, maybe we ought to negotiate on how much a trip to a Sith Lords vessel would cost."

protheuz
2015-11-17, 10:53 AM
Grax takes a deep breath, still a bit baffled by the information received. What he remembered about Darth Victus wasn't good. And being on the spot of such a dark figure wasn't something good.

"I can offer a trip for 300 credits a person. If you have skills that might be helpfull on the trip I can drop the price to 200 credits." says Graxe'en.

Rendel Nep
2015-11-18, 08:08 PM
<<That's fairly generous. Any extra surcharge for droids? my one speaks Bocce (https://youtu.be/GjBNju3XMQw)>> The Wookiee asks as he gestures to J3ff.

"How ya doin'!" the Droid says as he waves enthusiastically.

<<Heh. So glad I instructed him to do that.>> Graal muses.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-11-19, 03:51 AM
Do you really think those peanuts will do you any good Grax? Why do you think you've been selected? It's clear why my Wookie pall was invited, as he's either going to be the star in a commercial for shampoo, or they need somebody who can dismember a starship with his bare paws. And if you know what I can do with this beauty *strokes his rifle as if it was his girlfriend* you'd also have a clue as to why I'm probably needed. So, why do you think you'd be needed? I'm betting for providing both transportation and cover for particular well paid jobs

protheuz
2015-11-19, 07:49 AM
"Thruthfully I don't know why we were called. But if you believe my prowness resides in transportation, you might be surprised along this trip.

"What I ask is more than fair. It's mostly dividing the cost of the powercell and supplies usage. But you can try to convince a captain to go to a Sith lord vessel. And try to explain to that same warlord why you revealed the coordinates to a third party. I believe that with the start of the war such positions might be valuable."

Turning to the Wookiee he says "No problem with droids. He might have to stay in the cargo hold if we're too many." adding in Bocce to J3ff "You're welcome aboard my ship."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-11-19, 01:54 PM
Now you´ve got me interested as I guess yer talent aint singing or tapdancing either... In any case, guns are not the only tools I´m able of using proficiently, in case that would come in handy.

theskorpionking
2015-11-20, 03:02 PM
Kell shook her head in amusement. "Who knows what reasons this Sith Lord chose any of us. I suspect he had his reasons. As for the price, it seems fair enough to me. I believe we should take the trip to learn a little bit about each other, since it seems we're going to be partners in this endeavor."

protheuz
2015-11-21, 10:13 AM
"I agree!" says Grax smiling.

"Let's go"

Rendel Nep
2015-11-23, 09:13 AM
<<Yeah sounds good. Just...before we go is there anyone who needs go but is unable to afford paying Grax his gas money?>> Graal asks. He then notices the human (OOC: who I assume(?)) who hasn't said anything.

<<J3ff, ask him if he's needs cred for gas money.>> He instructs his droid. The robot =, making sure it has the full attention of the human speaks.

"Master wishes to enquire if you have sufficient funds for the fare on Grax's ship. Assuming you wish to go"

Graal gives the thumbs up and starts gesturing at the sky.

Lentrax
2015-11-30, 04:33 PM
The Dominator is a Master Class Super Star Destroyer. The ship is over twenty five kilometers long, and its silhouette dominates the ruined image of Kuat behind it. The Kuat Drive Yards have been expanded, and as you approach, you see skeleton frameworks of more star destroyers being constructed. Massive lines of bulky freighters come and go, dropping off supplies, raw materials, workers, tools, everything the Imperial war machine needs to sustain itself.

Your comm crackles to life as a squadron of droid fighters screams past your ship.

Starship Vratixan. You are not cleared for approach. State your business.

protheuz
2015-12-01, 04:33 AM
The sight of such a large vessel allways makes Graxe'en sigh. The super star destroyer was a marvel of tecnology, and the epitome of power. That and the droid fighters cruising around the ship.

He opens the comm channel and replies "Here is Vratixan Captain, Graxe'en Moro. Me and the passengers I am carrying, were summoned by his lordship Darth Victus to come to his ship to receive some tasks." turning to Red he asks "Please send the nice droid the message received"

Persuasion [roll0] to help to convince the fighter-droid

Lentrax
2015-12-01, 04:48 PM
Uh-huh. And you really expect me to believe that Lord Victus himself summoned you? I really don't thi-

The speaker cuts off suddenly, and the comm hisses with the sounds of a relay that has just been terminated.

Another squadron of fighters is heading your way, and according to your sensors, a frigate has turned in your direction as well.

protheuz
2015-12-02, 10:54 AM
Grax says to his companions "Podoo... This might get rough people."

He sighs and starts preparing for the worse.

"Red try to reconnect with then. The frigate if possible."

"I'll keep the shields and guns powered down guys in signal we're on peace. We wouldn't escape this kind of power."

He readies himself to turn on the shield if any shots are fired.

Ready action: turn the shields on if any shots are fired.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-12-02, 05:23 PM
Their humanoid resources department really needs more work....

Rendel Nep
2015-12-02, 07:21 PM
<<Suggestion for next time. Try telling a completely outrageous lie so the next thing you say sounds plausible.>> The woolie suggest with a sage nod.

<<Alright, I guess I can do another round of 'don't stun me sir' with the authorities. Although, I make no promises if they call me a walking carpet.>>

theskorpionking
2015-12-03, 10:36 AM
Kell looks at Grax, "I don't think there was a disconnect. And that worries me. Well that and the frigate moving towards us." She then turns to the wookie, "If we all just remain calm, there won't be any need to stun us."