PDA

View Full Version : Signs of Ascendant Fandom

HuntedWalrus
2015-11-08, 11:04 AM
By "ascendant" fandom, I mean that something has come to pass to show me how many other fandoms my OOTS enthusiasm has surpassed.

For example, when discussing recent episodes of Doctor Who, I accidentally keep calling them "The XYKON Invasion" and "The XYKON Inversion," rather than naming the actual villains, the Zygons.

And now I'm thinking that "The Xykon Invasion" would be a supremely awesome Doctor Who /OOTS crossover.

Anyway, has anyone else had similar experiences, where they find themselves geeking out over OOTS in unexpected ways?

littlebum2002
2015-11-09, 07:32 PM
I find myself using phrases from the comic to even people who don't read it. I can't tell you the amount of times I've said "Can i say 'yes' strongly enough?"

SaintRidley
2015-11-10, 02:15 AM
Tried to pitch a class for next semester centering on the comic and tying in other works as well. No go, but I'm determined to incorporate some part of it next semester (probably going to take a scour and find a chunk that works best for illustrating the medievalist fantasy elements without requiring too much context).

littlebum2002
2015-11-10, 10:12 AM
Tried to pitch a class for next semester centering on the comic and tying in other works as well. No go, but I'm determined to incorporate some part of it next semester (probably going to take a scour and find a chunk that works best for illustrating the medievalist fantasy elements without requiring too much context).

The war seems like a good example. You don't need much exposition to explain a war, just "the blue guys hate the orange guys"

War-Wren
2015-11-10, 11:05 AM

The war seems like a good example. You don't need much exposition to explain a war, just "the blue guys hate the orange guys"

I was thinking the defense of Azure City too :smallsmile: Plenty of old style sword and shield fighting, as well as old technology; like catapults, archers, magically summoned mammoths and fire breathing skulls! :smallsmile: