PDA

View Full Version : DM Help interactive character sheets 3.5

techpriest35
2015-11-08, 07:14 PM
Hey all, so my players and i use our laptops for most games. We like to have interactive character sheets because we can save multiple copies, there is no paper use its usually legible unlike pen and paper. Anyways recently we lost all of our saved pdfs. I have recovered a good portion of them, but all the 3.5 interactive character sheets that i have found so far are sub par. Do you guys have a good interactive free pdf version of the 3.5 character sheet?
i would like it to look like the one in the 3.5 players handbook.i would also like it to include the following things:

more feat space
more racial ability space
more clas feature space
a place to show where each magic item is eqquipped like feet legs chest x3(clothing ,armor, robes/vest) arms gloves head eyes ears 2 rings on each hand
all the knowledge and craft and profession skills listed in the players hand book already written in, i dont want to have to write knowledge religion or aracana or nobility and royality ect
more avaible weapons for readied area i would like 8-10 weapon sections but if i have to limit my self 6 is a must
i want a section for a small backstory at least 4 paragrapghs
i want more customization such as do i have a tail color of skin do i have scales eye color and shape hair length color style ect

if you could find a character sheet with those features that would be great the most important part is i must be able to type in the pdf and save that other wise there is no point i DO NOT want to print anything

Rubik
2015-11-08, 07:24 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/ has come up with a newer 3.5 character sheet you might like.

Ex: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=200919

GilesTheCleric
2015-11-08, 09:12 PM
My sheet is utilitarian and efficient; it auto-calculates most things, and is reasonably good with PF things if you're including any in your 3.5 game. Link in sig. It's a spreadsheet.

bean illus
2015-11-09, 12:38 AM
There's an open source interactive platform called .... PCgen . It has srd and ogl included, and it's fully customizable., so you can just type in your homebrew.

It includes time tracking, monster generator, familiars, effect tracking, etc. It links it all together, also. Pretty nice package.

NevinPL
2015-11-09, 03:31 AM
Best way to have your interactive, custom character sheet customized as you like, is to create it yourself.
Short of that, there's the good old Murphy's\Mad Irishman sheets:
http://www.mad-irishman.net/

or SSA sheets (Shawn S. Altorio, aka Pasus Nauran):
http://files.meetup.com/1388467/SSA-X2_D%26D_CharSheet_v30a18.pdf

Âmesang
2015-11-09, 07:24 PM
I've actually grown accustomed to using a spreadsheet for keeping track of the most book-intensive aspects (equipment amount/cost/weight/time-to-craft, familiar stats, party loot).

I recall downloading some 5th Edition interactive .pdf sheets but there was something about 'em I wasn't too keen on; instead I'm customizing a new 3rd edition sheet for my favorite character using an image editing program, mostly to not only touch up the sheet itself but to write out the character's name and languages in fancy fonts (the 4th Edition ones, specifically) as well as providing perfect "×'s" for the Skill boxes.

Granted, when it comes to the digital aspect, I use just my message board to display my character's stats in a pseudo late 3.5/Pathfinder template utilizing floating and reverse-indentation options (I love having a custom-built forum).

rrwoods
2015-11-10, 02:48 AM
I have an excel based sheet, but it looks nothing like the one you'd print out. It is intended to autocalculate basically everything, and its layout is optimized for minimum table interruptions rather than for any sort of print friendliness or similarity to "real" sheets. I'm not at my computer at the moment but if you're interested I can post it here later.

GilesTheCleric
2015-11-10, 03:11 AM
Rrwoods, was yours the one that I couldn't get to work on neooffice/ openoffice? I thought I had it bookmarked, but it turns out I don't, so I'd certainly appreciate a link whenever that's convenient for you.

I also found this dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mirpvhyqtjrkc4q/3XjCiasCTk) of other sheets, for those interested. I think the Emma's sheet is popular?

NevinPL
2015-11-10, 08:53 AM
I think the Emma's sheet is popular?
It was until WotC made him an "offer he couldn't refuse".

nedz
2015-11-10, 09:58 AM
I just use a Word doc, or even just a .txt file.

Occasionally I might use a spread sheet, if the character is complex enough.

When you go up a level: you just create a new document.

Store them online using DropBox or some other Cloud.

rrwoods
2015-11-10, 02:30 PM
Rrwoods, was yours the one that I couldn't get to work on neooffice/ openoffice? I thought I had it bookmarked, but it turns out I don't, so I'd certainly appreciate a link whenever that's convenient for you.

Indeed it was. Here you go! (http://userpages.umbc.edu/~woorich1/Alth%20Shrenan%20character%20sheet%20(level%204).x lsx) (Alth has leveled since then :-P)

I've added the ability to have custom values you can affect, for things like initiator level (which is on the sheet), as well as the ability to affect a specific class's caster level (though I don't play a spellcaster like ever, so the usage may be clunky -- I'd love feedback on it). (I also fixed a skill effect error, oops.)

From what I remember I ended up getting it working in the newest versions of OO and LO, but if you're still having trouble with it I can try to look into it again.

GilesTheCleric
2015-11-10, 04:01 PM
Thank you; I'll be certain to bookmark it this time.

Altering caster level is certainly important, as is the ability to alter DCs. I just joined a R20 game and became very frustrated with the limitations of the pathfinder sheet that was available (aside from the fact that it was geared for PF and not 3.5).

It seems like support for 10.6.8 is dropping from many software programs I use (Rhino and Safari have been gone for a while, and now even Steam is dropping support), so I think I'll need to "upgrade" to 10.9000 or whatever apple is on now. I'm sure that the sheet should work better with updated/ newer software.

I'll see if I can give your sheet a whirl for my next build, which will almost certainly be a caster. I'll let you know how it goes.

Andezzar
2015-11-10, 04:18 PM
Heliomance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?21718-Heliomance) improved the already great Heroforge. You can find it here (https://sites.google.com/site/heroforgeanew/). Due to VB content this only works with Microsoft Office and not Open/LibreOffice though.

It calculates pretty much everything and most books are supported.

techpriest35
2015-11-10, 11:42 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/ has come up with a newer 3.5 character sheet you might like.

Ex: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=200919
i have tried mythweavers but it does not work very well

techpriest35
2015-11-10, 11:45 PM
My sheet is utilitarian and efficient; it auto-calculates most things, and is reasonably good with PF things if you're including any in your 3.5 game. Link in sig. It's a spreadsheet.
yours wont open like i said must be a pdf speadsheets dont work

techpriest35
2015-11-11, 12:00 AM
There's an open source interactive platform called .... PCgen . It has srd and ogl included, and it's fully customizable., so you can just type in your homebrew.

It includes time tracking, monster generator, familiars, effect tracking, etc. It links it all together, also. Pretty nice package.
i just tried pcgen it doesnt work cause my java is 1.8 and it wants java 1.4 or lower also after fully downloading doing every thing it wanted the file new character was greyed out and was useless

techpriest35
2015-11-11, 12:03 AM
Best way to have your interactive, custom character sheet customized as you like, is to create it yourself.
Short of that, there's the good old Murphy's\Mad Irishman sheets:
http://www.mad-irishman.net/

or SSA sheets (Shawn S. Altorio, aka Pasus Nauran):
http://files.meetup.com/1388467/SSA-X2_D%26D_CharSheet_v30a18.pdf
i have already tried both of those and i have no idea how to make my own character sheet or i would have done that already
mad irishman sucks as none of their character sheets are 3.5 and if so they dont download
the ssa sheets sucks as they are slow and unresponsive making one change takes 20 minutes for it to register not to mention it looks nothing like the 3.5 character sheet that i like

techpriest35
2015-11-11, 12:07 AM
I've actually grown accustomed to using a spreadsheet for keeping track of the most book-intensive aspects (equipment amount/cost/weight/time-to-craft, familiar stats, party loot).

I recall downloading some 5th Edition interactive .pdf sheets but there was something about 'em I wasn't too keen on; instead I'm customizing a new 3rd edition sheet for my favorite character using an image editing program, mostly to not only touch up the sheet itself but to write out the character's name and languages in fancy fonts (the 4th Edition ones, specifically) as well as providing perfect "×'s" for the Skill boxes.

Granted, when it comes to the digital aspect, I use just my message board to display my character's stats in a pseudo late 3.5/Pathfinder template utilizing floating and reverse-indentation options (I love having a custom-built forum).
i dont really like spread sheets i hat ethe way they work and most of the time they tend not to be very responsive and most spread sheets require me to do the math my self with no auto update
i dont know how to do any of that so im glad it works for you.
i never liked the 5th or 4th ed character sheets 4.0 was not very fun felt like they tried to make a whole new system and dumb it down so returning members felt like they were being treated as children while new players were confused and not sure what they were doing

techpriest35
2015-11-11, 12:09 AM
I have an excel based sheet, but it looks nothing like the one you'd print out. It is intended to autocalculate basically everything, and its layout is optimized for minimum table interruptions rather than for any sort of print friendliness or similarity to "real" sheets. I'm not at my computer at the moment but if you're interested I can post it here later.im not interested in spread sheets but others might be

techpriest35
2015-11-11, 12:13 AM

I also found this dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mirpvhyqtjrkc4q/3XjCiasCTk) of other sheets, for those interested. I think the Emma's sheet is popular?

not a single one of those character sheets were interactive they said they were interactive but when i downloaded them then opened the file then tried to type nothing it just seletect the full page when i clicked on any section to start typing

techpriest35
2015-11-11, 12:15 AM
I just use a Word doc, or even just a .txt file.

Occasionally I might use a spread sheet, if the character is complex enough.

When you go up a level: you just create a new document.

Store them online using DropBox or some other Cloud. that is not at all what i want to do
first of all me and my cahracters want an actual character sheet not just a random word doc
second none of us store them online we store them on flash drives or on the actual computer itself

torrasque666
2015-11-11, 12:20 AM
Word of advice, multiquote is a thing. That plus sign next to the quote button? Use that instead of posting 8 times in a row.

techpriest35
2015-11-11, 12:23 AM
Heliomance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?21718-Heliomance) improved the already great Heroforge. You can find it here (https://sites.google.com/site/heroforgeanew/). Due to VB content this only works with Microsoft Office and not Open/LibreOffice though.

i clicked both links one was just a profile the other is uselesss as it takes me to a search page. i tried searching for 3.5 interactive character sheets and it found nothing
also i dont have microsoft office or open office or libre office
also i did not want a non pdf version of a character sheet

techpriest35
2015-11-11, 12:29 AM
Word of advice, multiquote is a thing. That plus sign next to the quote button? Use that instead of posting 8 times in a row.thx i did not know that was there. i hardly use this site that much so i did not know how to multi quote

GilesTheCleric
2015-11-11, 12:35 AM
yours wont open like i said must be a pdf speadsheets dont work

Won't open? It seems to work for me.

The benefit to pdfs is that they're easily transferable between OSes etc and print well (this is why they have embedded fonts and colour profiles). If you're looking for something custom that you don't intend to print, a spreadsheet is much easier to work with and tailor to your needs. Alternatively, you could purchase acrobat pro and customize your own pdf. Both OpenOffice and LibreOffice are free to download, and have essentially the same featuresets as Microsoft Office.

Andezzar
2015-11-11, 12:42 AM
i clicked both links one was just a profile the other is uselesss as it takes me to a search page. i tried searching for 3.5 interactive character sheets and it found nothing
also i did not want a non pdf version of a character sheetOn the second link, click on download Heroforge Anew, scroll down to the bottom of the next page and click on download source code. Zip (https://github.com/Heliomance/HeroForge-Anew/archive/v7.4.0.0.zip) or tar.gz (https://github.com/Heliomance/HeroForge-Anew/archive/v7.4.0.0.tar.gz) is your choice. In the archive you will find an xls file.

Not having MS Office will be a problem, but the file type shouldn't be, just convert the filled out file into pdf. FreePDF (http://freepdfxp.de/index_en.html) should do the trick.

I'm pretty sure you will not find the functionality you want in a PDF file.

rrwoods
2015-11-11, 06:02 AM
I'm a little confused, you want interactive and therefore spreadsheets are a nogo? I mean if you don't want spreadsheets, I'm not gonna begrudge you; they're monstrous beasts and sometimes intimidating (mine is no exception). But lack of interactivity is not a problem that spreadsheets should be presenting to you.

NevinPL
2015-11-11, 06:05 AM
i have no idea how to make my own character sheet or i would have done that already
Well, easier way would be to make one in some text editor. If you want it to be interactive, some spreadsheet software is a start. Interactive .pdf can be created with Adobe Acrobat (no, it's not the same as Adobe Reader).

mad irishman sucks as none of their character sheets are 3.5
I think you're mistaken:

Thanks to the arrival of my copy of Dragon magazine, I was able to see what immediate changes I would have to make to my sheets conform to the forthcoming D&D 3.5 rules (although there is a 3.0-compatible version below, too).

EXPANDED PSIONICS HANDBOOK AND UNEARTHED ARCANA COMPATIBLE SHEET!

the ssa sheets sucks as they are slow and unresponsive making one change takes 20 minutes for it to register...
Well, it responds normally for me.

P.S.
It would be easier, if you would just say what characters sheet you know\used, and which one is your "holy grail".

Âmesang
2015-11-11, 10:01 AM
I mean if you don't want spreadsheets, I'm not gonna begrudge you; they're monstrous beasts and sometimes intimidating (mine is no exception).
The fun part is when you start nesting IF statements within IF statements within IF statements. :smalltongue:

=IF(Z4>4;SUM((ROUNDUP(IF((Z4-4)<0;0;(Z4-4))/20;0)*2))+E11+IF(OR(A1="B";A1="b";A1="W";A1="w");+10;+0);"")

Disguise skill modifier for my sorceress' quasit familiar, not only taking into account his bat and wolf forms but epic synergy bonuses. Yay!

(Also I'm obsessive compulsive over really stupid things, so I honestly have bits of code to treat the "½" character as an actual numeric value added to skill calculation — basically just rounding it down, though. I just think "N½" looks better on the sheet than "N.5" due to how the cells' appearance.)

GilesTheCleric
2015-11-11, 04:48 PM
The fun part is when you start nesting IF statements within IF statements within IF statements. :smalltongue:

=IF(Z4>4;SUM((ROUNDUP(IF((Z4-4)<0;0;(Z4-4))/20;0)*2))+E11+IF(OR(A1="B";A1="b";A1="W";A1="w");+10;+0);"")

Disguise skill modifier for my sorceress' quasit familiar, not only taking into account his bat and wolf forms but epic synergy bonuses. Yay!

(Also I'm obsessive compulsive over really stupid things, so I honestly have bits of code to treat the "½" character as an actual numeric value added to skill calculation — basically just rounding it down, though. I just think "N½" looks better on the sheet than "N.5" due to how the cells' appearance.)

If statements in spreadsheets are actually one of the things that frustrate me most. They're so much messier to work with than a proper if in a real language. Each time I see my formula for size bonus to armour, all I can think is "if "gargantuan, +8" else else else else else else else... else -8". It's so inelegant. I wish macros worked in OSX.

Âmesang
2015-11-11, 10:11 PM
I can't argue with that. I think I initially had 'em typed out in Notepad, broken up piece by piece to make sure I read it all correctly.

Of course at this point I'm wondering why I don't just both using PHP/MySQL for everything (aside from storing my character's stats on my forum).

NevinPL
2015-11-12, 09:48 AM

Pfff, I got six "ifs" in my Skill Calculating Sheet (R)(TM)(C), and the whole formula ends with six ")" :D

rrwoods
2015-11-12, 04:22 PM
You can kill the ridiculously nested IFs with a call to CHOOSE, but first you need to build a table that maps the condition values to 1..n (and also use a VLOOKUP or similar). Which is cleaner depends on the situation.

techpriest35
2015-11-13, 12:43 AM
Won't open? It seems to work for me.

The benefit to pdfs is that they're easily transferable between OSes etc and print well (this is why they have embedded fonts and colour profiles). If you're looking for something custom that you don't intend to print, a spreadsheet is much easier to work with and tailor to your needs. Alternatively, you could purchase acrobat pro and customize your own pdf. Both OpenOffice and LibreOffice are free to download, and have essentially the same featuresets as Microsoft Office.
yeah wont open as in when i click the link it send me to a page that says this url does not exist nothing to download nothing that works in any way

well i have acrobat 7.0 but i have no idea how to make my own character sheet

i like pdfs i do not like spread sheets
i dont need office as i just use notepad spread sheets look like crap and annoy me hince why my computer does not have a program to run spread sheets

techpriest35
2015-11-13, 12:58 AM
I'm a little confused, you want interactive and therefore spreadsheets are a nogo? I mean if you don't want spreadsheets, I'm not gonna begrudge you; they're monstrous beasts and sometimes intimidating (mine is no exception). But lack of interactivity is not a problem that spreadsheets should be presenting to you.
i said i do not want spread sheets cause i dont like them
i want pdfs as thats what all my d&d stuff is in and im used to interactive pdfs
i never said that spread sheets are not interactive
you all are assuming that i know how to code these spread sheets or that i want to play something super complicated i just want to have the basic character sheet that is shown in the players handbook with a few little tweaks i want the PDF to have the ability to be used as a character sheet in real time
i want to be able to type a 20 in the strength score and have a modifer of +5 put into the proper spaces
so far all that has been suggested is spread sheets word documents non interactive character sheets
use online crap sites to hold the information
most of these i have to down load a ton of stuff just to get a basic character sheet
also some of the character sheets that have been suggested do not look like the character sheet in the players handbook 3.5 they mostly look like character sheets for prior editions

i have no experience with coding im not great with these super technical things

techpriest35
2015-11-13, 01:11 AM
Well, easier way would be to make one in some text editor. If you want it to be interactive, some spreadsheet software is a start. Interactive .pdf can be created with Adobe Acrobat (no, it's not the same as Adobe Reader).

I think you're mistaken:

Well, it responds normally for me.

P.S.
It would be easier, if you would just say what characters sheet you know\used, and which one is your "holy grail".
as i have said before i do not want a spread sheet
also i did say what kind of a character sheet i wanted i said i wanted one that looked like the basic players handbook 3.5 edition character sheet i wanted a few minor tweaks to mostly more room for weapons and feats and similar things and i said i wanted it to be interactive but for some reason when i said i wanted a pdf people assumed that i wanted spread sheets or other formats none of which has been what i requested
maybe i didnt mention that i already tried going through 100 pages of google and 20 different threads on this site and other forum sites i tried checking the files that were saved from WOTC site none of this has helped
i do not want to use a text editor or a spread sheet or a word doc or notepad or excel which btw is a type of spread sheet
i have already tried looking through mad irsih men way before i came here when i checked their site for 3.5 character sheets most were not pdfs most were spread sheets most where not in the 3.5 format they were in either a custom format or an older version of d&d or the links for their character sheets took me to a page asking for money to download mad irsih men suck at their job
they were one of the pages i checked out when going through google they suck period

techpriest35
2015-11-13, 01:15 AM

this makes no sense to me i dont under stand coding
obviously my username is confusing all of you
my username is made from a peice in warhammer 40k
for an army that no longer exists my username is from the tech priest that was in the imperial army they prayed to the war god mars and he gave them knowledge of machines so they could make tanks and repair aircraft and other warmachines

techpriest35
2015-11-13, 01:24 AM
attention all
i just want a PDF
not a spread sheet word document excel or any other format
i just want the basic players hand book 3.5 character sheet with a few minor tweaks
i dont want to have to pay for the character sheet
i dont want to learn to code to make a new sheet or to figure out how to put it in to a spread sheet i dont want to convert the file type
i dont want something where im storing it online
im not sure how to post an attachment or i would attach my normal character sheet which is a pdf

rrwoods
2015-11-13, 01:26 AM
Sorry, those spreadsheet wizardry posts are offtopic here. For what it's worth, you don't need to know any spreadsheet wizardry to use mine, but it's obviously not what you're looking for so I won't push it.

Unfortunately, I don't think what you are looking for (an interactive PDF to do the simple math that looks like a printed sheet) exists. Sorry :/

GilesTheCleric
2015-11-13, 01:34 AM
You can kill the ridiculously nested IFs with a call to CHOOSE, but first you need to build a table that maps the condition values to 1..n (and also use a VLOOKUP or similar). Which is cleaner depends on the situation.

The lookup tables on yours work well.

Sorry, those spreadsheet wizardry posts are offtopic here. For what it's worth, you don't need to know any spreadsheet wizardry to use mine, but it's obviously not what you're looking for so I won't push it.

Unfortunately, I don't think what you are looking for (an interactive PDF to do the simple math that looks like a printed sheet) exists. Sorry :/

I don't think I've ever seen an auto-calculating pdf, either, though apparently it's possible (https://kb.ucla.edu/articles/creating-calculation-fields-in-adobe-acrobat-pro). For what it's worth, a spreasheet can be made to look like a pdf by just hiding the grid lines.

Also, please use the multi-quote button. To use it, select the check mark next to the each of the posts you'd like to quote, then once they all have a check mark, press the quote post button on any of them.

Âmesang
2015-11-13, 11:12 AM
I tend to be obsessive compulsive-like about really weird/pointless things, and oddly enough I actually like the nested statements 'cause I prefer everything going on "in the background," so to speak. I think the only calculation that appears out in the open is a skill rank find/replace/conversion of "½" into ".0" which occurs in columns X, Y, and Z "off screen." :smalltongue: Honestly I'm not sure if this leans me closer to lawful or chaotic.

As for that bit of code, ha ha… yeah it's always fun trying to figure out what the Nine Hells I did months after the fact:

If a particular synergy skill (in this case, Bluff) has 4 ranks or fewer, no synergy bonus is applied to the related skill (Hide). If it has at least 5 ranks, the skill receives a +2 bonus. If it has at least 25 ranks, it's a +4 bonus, and so on and so forth. An oversimplified explanation, I'll admit.

(Being the Hide skill of a quasit familiar, it also receives a +10 modifier to act "in character" whilst in (B)at form or (W)olf form.)

NevinPL
2015-11-13, 12:47 PM
...i said i wanted one that looked like the basic players handbook 3.5 edition character sheet i wanted a few minor tweaks...
Third party, tweaked characters sheets, wont look like basic players handbook 3.5 edition character sheet, because they aren't them. It's like you want a Volvo, that looks like a Volkswagen.
If you want them to, then you'd have to make the necessary tweaks yourself.
Or ask\pay someone to do it for you.

...but for some reason when i said i wanted a pdf people assumed that i wanted spread sheets
I didn't, that's why I posted links to .pdf., so I don't know why are you addressing this to me.

...maybe i didnt mention that i already tried going through 100 pages of google and 20 different threads
No you didn't. Nor did you post your ideal character sheet.

...on this site and other forum sites i tried checking the files that were saved from WOTC site none of this has helped
Then say what you looked through. We're not psychic. And if we know what you saw\don't want, you'll get what you want faster.

i have already tried looking through mad irsih men way before i came here when i checked their site for 3.5 character sheets most were not pdfs
I just went there, and sheets, maps in 3E - 3.5 section are .pdf's. So I still think you're mistaken.
Are you sure you've used the link I've provided ?

took me to a page asking for money to download mad irsih men suck at their job
they were one of the pages i checked out when going through google they suck period
It doesn't matter if you went through Google, Bing, Yandex or DuckDuckGo. It matters if you were on Mad Irishman website, or some other.
As for sucking, well...

this makes no sense to me i dont under stand coding
It wasn't addressed to you.

obviously my username is confusing all of you
my username is made from a peice in warhammer 40k
Believe me, people here know and play other RPG\tabletop systems too. Some "even" create new ones.
If anything, your internally contradictory statements, and the spam-ish post method are the ones confusing.

im not sure how to post an attachment or i would attach my normal character sheet which is a pdf
You can use a filehosting\cyberlocker service.
Things like Dropbox are fine too.
Or a Wordpress blog, they allow .pdf's.

techpriest35
2015-11-15, 04:10 AM
Third party, tweaked characters sheets, wont look like basic players handbook 3.5 edition character sheet, because they aren't them. It's like you want a Volvo, that looks like a Volkswagen.
If you want them to, then you'd have to make the necessary tweaks yourself.
Or ask\pay someone to do it for you.

I didn't, that's why I posted links to .pdf., so I don't know why are you addressing this to me.

No you didn't. Nor did you post your ideal character sheet.

Then say what you looked through. We're not psychic. And if we know what you saw\don't want, you'll get what you want faster.

I just went there, and sheets, maps in 3E - 3.5 section are .pdf's. So I still think you're mistaken.
Are you sure you've used the link I've provided ?

It doesn't matter if you went through Google, Bing, Yandex or DuckDuckGo. It matters if you were on Mad Irishman website, or some other.
As for sucking, well...

It wasn't addressed to you.

Believe me, people here know and play other RPG\tabletop systems too. Some "even" create new ones.
If anything, your internally contradictory statements, and the spam-ish post method are the ones confusing.

You can use a filehosting\cyberlocker service.
Things like Dropbox are fine too.
Or a Wordpress blog, they allow .pdf's.

1. third party sheets can have what im asking for and still look like what im asking for. i just want the character sheets to work and have a little more space for some things which doesnt take away from the basic character sheet look.
2.most of the stuff posted here has been about spread sheets word documents and other forms of file saving i may have responded to you with continued frustation
3. i already said i would post my current character sheet if i could figure out how to add attachments
4i stated very clearly that i wanted more room for weapons more room for feats more room for special abilities more room for racial abilities and a spot that shows the magic items you are wearing and where you are wearing them i stated very clearly that i wanted it in pdf form and that i wanted it to be interactive and for it to auto complete the basic math i know your not psychic and i should have mentioned the forum search and the google search. but asking for what i wanted did not get me the stuff i wanted faster it gave me a bunch of other stuff that was obviously what i did not want.
5 yes im sure i used the link you provided it went to mad irshmens site and none of their stuff worked for me
6. i thought it was adressed to me since it wasnt part of a quote and was in a thread i posted
7my statements have not been contradictory they have all said the same thing no i do not want spreadsheets or other formats yes i do want pdf versions no i dont know how to create a pdf and most of my comments have been about how things did not work or were not what i was after and its not spam to reply to a post and stay on topic just cause i respond to indviduals not to a group does not make it spam
7. i dont use a filehosting or cyberlocking service i dont have drop box or wordpress blog i was hoping for a built in feature to allow sharing of attachments i never trust most dropbox or file hosting services as they tend to be full of viruses and hackers and they end up sahring my info to all kinds of places thats why if i want to share a file i go to that persons computer and share via usb or i send it in an email since gmail allows for attachments or i use a built in system to take a file from my computer and post it directly to that site

NevinPL
2015-11-15, 08:31 AM
I'm doing this the last time, because it looks like you don't understand.
P.S.
My numbers aren't much related to your numbers.

1. There's a finite number of interactive pdf's. Those that I know, you dismissed because one isn't for 3.5 (which isn't true, as I proved later), suck, isn't exactly what you want, and the other works slowly for you, and doesn't look like the one you like.
2. I've wrote earlier why 3rd party sheets don't look like official ones, so I won't repeat myself. I'll just add this - Intellectual Property\Product Identity\whatever, is another reason why non-WotC sheets looks different.
3. If there's a finite number of interactive pdf's, sooner or later they'll end. We've reached that point - there are no more interactive pdf's (at least to the knowledge of people responding in this thread).
A thing couple people in this thread have said already.
4. If we've run out of pdf's, and none of them suits you, we can't help you, you need to help yourself. Either by creating one by yourself, or ask\pay someone to do it for you.
It isn't that hard, and you won't be frustrated by it's inadequacy, because it will be exactly what you want, a thing we clearly can't provide.
5. "Spam-ish" isn't the same as "spam".
6. I've been using cyberlockers\filehosts, and even the "dreaded" P2P protocols for some years, and never have a virus problem because of them. I did however had a USB pendrive virus problem (infected computer used autorun...). Also USB pendrive can be deadlier that any virus:
http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/usb-killer-flash-drive-can-fry-your-computers-innards-in-seconds/

Google spreads more of your info, especially when compared to a cyberlocker\filehost for which you don't even have to register.
So stop spreading IT FUD. You're embarrassing yourself, hurting others.
7. If you're not super rich\smart\powerful\etc., expecting the world to bend to your will, will end very badly.

techpriest35
2015-11-20, 04:33 AM
I'm doing this the last time, because it looks like you don't understand.
P.S.
My numbers aren't much related to your numbers.

1. There's a finite number of interactive pdf's. Those that I know, you dismissed because one isn't for 3.5 (which isn't true, as I proved later), suck, isn't exactly what you want, and the other works slowly for you, and doesn't look like the one you like.
2. I've wrote earlier why 3rd party sheets don't look like official ones, so I won't repeat myself. I'll just add this - Intellectual Property\Product Identity\whatever, is another reason why non-WotC sheets looks different.
3. If there's a finite number of interactive pdf's, sooner or later they'll end. We've reached that point - there are no more interactive pdf's (at least to the knowledge of people responding in this thread).
A thing couple people in this thread have said already.
4. If we've run out of pdf's, and none of them suits you, we can't help you, you need to help yourself. Either by creating one by yourself, or ask\pay someone to do it for you.
It isn't that hard, and you won't be frustrated by it's inadequacy, because it will be exactly what you want, a thing we clearly can't provide.
5. "Spam-ish" isn't the same as "spam".
6. I've been using cyberlockers\filehosts, and even the "dreaded" P2P protocols for some years, and never have a virus problem because of them. I did however had a USB pendrive virus problem (infected computer used autorun...). Also USB pendrive can be deadlier that any virus:
http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/usb-killer-flash-drive-can-fry-your-computers-innards-in-seconds/

Google spreads more of your info, especially when compared to a cyberlocker\filehost for which you don't even have to register.
So stop spreading IT FUD. You're embarrassing yourself, hurting others.
7. If you're not super rich\smart\powerful\etc., expecting the world to bend to your will, will end very badly.

1.adding the things im asking will not change the look of the sheet very much so it would be the same as the one in the players handbook just more room. so it would have the same rights as the WotC sheets.
2. most of the sheets i have used are 3rd party sheets and have looked exactly like the players handbook sheets with no problems
3. there are quite a few interactive pdfs out there but the people in this thread care more about spread sheets than pdfs thats why very few have been posted or any good ones
4. as i stated before i do not know how to make one and my post asked for the ones that exist that fit my criteria and no one posted them
5. good for you i dont have the same luck as you i have seen 10 other computers destroyed by viruses that were implanted in the content that people downloaded from file sharing sites and other similar things im not sure what you are talking about with USB pendrive virus bt that sounds serious
6.google cant spread any info due to the fact i never give google any info i never type my info into a site except my email which doesnt matter as most crap they try just gets sent to spam folder or trash
7. i did not expect the world to bend to my will i never said any such thing. i simply asked a forum for help with a thing and got nothing good and lots of stuff that had nothing to do with what i asked for

Heliomance
2015-11-20, 04:45 AM

Ah, I was hoping someone would plug this for me ^_^

also i did not want a non pdf version of a character sheet

The second isn't a search page, it's my homepage and there's a clearly labelled link to take you to the download page.

That one is a spreadsheet not a PDF, granted, but it requires precisely no coding knowledge from you, it's set up to be as absolutely user-friendly as possible, there's no extra formatting required, and all you need to do is fill in the values you want. You don't need to do any calculation yourself, everything auto-updates. It's also, to the best of my knowledge, the single most comprehensive 3.5 character creation utility in existence (If anyone knows of a better one, let me know so I know what I'm trying to beat). But you don't want spreadsheets, so hey.

DarkSoul
2015-11-20, 01:15 PM
So just to recap:

You have a character sheet you like, but won't upload it anywhere for people to look at due to some irrational fear of Dropbox et al. spawned by watching multiple computers become infected with malware due to unsafe browsing habits. (A good security program and web browser will protect you from the VAST majority of malware)
Everything else you've found that people have linked, you're unhappy with because for some reason you don't have something able to open spreadsheets. (OpenOffice is free, and open source so no one's going to bundle any malware into it. If you download an open source program from anywhere but the source, or your download location doesn't post the source code, then see my previous comment about unsafe browsing habits)
The one sheet that's closest to what you're looking for thus far, the SSA sheets linked earlier in the thread, cause you to respond with "the ssa sheets sucks as they are slow and unresponsive making one change takes 20 minutes for it to register not to mention it looks nothing like the 3.5 character sheet that i like". The sheet is not slow, your computer/adobe reader is. I'm using an obsolete processor (Core 2 Duo) and it was quite responsive for me. The fact that it looks nothing like the 3.5 sheet you like is just petulance, because you're here looking FOR something different. Someone gives you something different but still meets your needs functionally and this is the response you give.
You're looking for a character sheet for a game that's been out of print for five years and two editions. There's not much demand for fresh new creations for 3.5. Most people find something they like or make something on their own.

All things considered, you need to do one of three things: Upload what you DO like somewhere everyone can view it and make better recommendations, make the switch to something that meets your needs but isn't in a format you prefer and get used to the new format, or make your own. Continuing this thread with "I don't like this", "I tried that and it sucks", "I don't want to use a different program", and "why isn't anyone listening to me?" is just frustrating everyone; you, the people trying to help you, and anyone else who happens to read this thread.

dascarletm
2015-11-20, 01:30 PM
It isn't a PDF, but if you go to the website obsidian portal they have sheets. Granted you have to make a campaign first, but I like them.