PDA

View Full Version : Multiplatform Warhammer: The End Times: Vermintide: The Quest for a Longer Title

MachineWraith
2015-11-08, 08:07 PM
W:TET:V is a game developed by Fatshark (the folks behind titles like Krater and War of the Roses) and is available on PC (via Steam), Xbone, and PS4. It's set in the End Times period of Warhammer Fantasy, and pits a witch hunter, Empire soldier, elven Waywatcher, dwarf ranger, and Bright Wizard against endless swarms of AI-controlled Skaven rats in a series of objective-based maps. It plays very much like a more melee-focused Left 4 Dead, with most rats coming in swarms of easily-dispatched clanrats and slaves, while "special" rats show up and ruin your day.

Personally, I'm a fan of the witch hunter. The headshot ability on the rapier means quick decapitation kills on standard enemies, and between the headshot + armor piercing on the rapier's heavy attack and the armor piercing on the pistols, he's a stormvermin-slaying machine.

My biggest complaint so far is the crap loot system, but Fatshark said (yesterday, I believe) that they're already working on it.

Anybody else playing? Thoughts?

Killer Angel
2015-11-09, 07:26 AM
Judging from the cinematic, the wibe is more similar to Mordheim (you control a small group), rather than "real" warhammer (army).
It's definitely interesting, but I don't think I'm going to play it.