PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge: Arcana as a Paladin class skill

Yogibear41
2015-11-09, 05:11 AM
Is there anyway to get Knowledge: Arcana as a paladin class skill without taking a deity specific variant? I know that the mystra variant has it as a class skill for its substitution levels. I also know that the dragonborn paladin can pick it up with its variant levels, but my character is silver-brow human. I know there are feats you can take to gain it as a class skill, but I really would rather not waste a feat on it. I only care about getting 5 ranks in Know: Arcana before level 7, so I can enter a prestige class at 7th level.

Currently I am taking several ACF variants from various books and from Dragon Magazine.

I have the Hunter of Fiends variant which trades away, smite evil for a scaling Favored enemy bonus against evil outsiders and track as a bonus feat and Know: planes and Survival as class skills. (Track/survival come up in our games alot)
Angel Sight which trades away divine health for darkvision, and the Drakken Steed mount from Dragon magic.

Jowgen
2015-11-09, 07:11 AM
Wyrmslayer Paladin from Dragon Mag 332 p. 90 might work.

ShurikVch
2015-11-09, 07:35 AM
There are some feats for this:
If you OK with Eberron stuff - Aereni Focus, Education (also, Primordial Giant template);
If not - Apprentice (philosopher or spellcaster), Knowlege Devotion

herrhauptmann
2015-11-09, 05:25 PM
Web enhancement for Champions of Valor should have some ACF for you. But you'll be stuck with a specific deity if you do.

DrMotives
2015-11-09, 07:31 PM
You could do Cloistered Cleric into Prestige Paladin. CC has all knowledge skills as class skills.

gorfnab
2015-11-09, 10:31 PM
Web enhancement for Champions of Valor should have some ACF for you. But you'll be stuck with a specific deity if you do.
Mystra would be that deity. The Mystic Fire Knight Substitution for Paladin nets you Knowledge Arcana and Spellcraft as class skills.

atemu1234
2015-11-10, 12:30 PM
You could do Cloistered Cleric into Prestige Paladin. CC has all knowledge skills as class skills.

I like this. You should do this.

nedz
2015-11-10, 01:07 PM
There are some feats for this:
If you OK with Eberron stuff - Aereni Focus, Education (also, Primordial Giant template);
If not - Apprentice (philosopher or spellcaster), Knowlege Devotion

I know what the handbook says, but Education features in four sources

Eberron Campaign Setting
Player's Guide to Faerūn
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Ghostwalk

ShurikVch
2015-11-10, 01:30 PM
I know what the handbook says, but Education features in four sources

Eberron Campaign Setting
Player's Guide to Faerūn
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Ghostwalk
But the Eberron version is the only region-free
Forgotten Realms variant of Education may be used only in Forgotten Realms, and Ghostwalk variant - only in Ghostwalk

Bullet06320
2015-11-11, 05:05 AM
But the Eberron version is the only region-free

Scholar - Kingdoms of Kalamar: Player's Guide - all knowledge skills and a bonus on 3 and does not need to be taken at 1st level, a slightly better version of Education feat IMO

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?451088-Alternative-ways-to-get-new-Class-skills&p=20028466#post20028466
Alternative ways to get new Class skills

Rebel7284
2015-11-11, 08:01 AM
While Knowledge Devotion costs you a feat, it adds a scaling attack and damage bonuses to your attacks in addition to adding a Knowledge skill of your choice.