PDA

View Full Version : Just want to share this :D

PoeticDwarf
2015-11-09, 07:30 AM
Yesterday, an epic campaign I played with some friends ended, the campaign took eigth months, from level 1 to level 20 (with epic boons).
The campaign started with HOTDQ but after level 7-8 our DM homebrewed the rest, we had to collect five migthy weapons to save the world, it turned out to
be too difficult, our wizard gave one of the weapons to a dragon and at the end we had to fight Hazirawn in the form of a huge giant in an epic battle (Hazirawn was one of the weapons).
At the end, I have beautiful memories of this campaign and I want to share my 8 favourite moments!

8. The warforged berserker of one of the other players came on 0hp, we had all badly-build characters then (it was kinda the beginning of the campaign) and because it was, y'know, a warforged and
a barbarian he never went under 40hp, when my monk and he entered a pyramid the warforged was taken down by a mummie, easily (where we discovered again deadly encounters often aren't the deadliest). At the end he survived but it was an iconic session.

7. The session where the wizard tried to kill my monk, my monk had alert and could run away but it wasn't really high level so with fly the wizard was faster than my monk was. I couldn't attack the wizard because the rogue (who helped the wizard) convinced the paladin that my monk did a very bad thing (yeah like 25-30 on deception). My monk jumped down from a mountain and found a cave where he tried to hide, the wizard saw that my monk went in a cave but not which cave. At the end he found my monk (but that is a long story).

6. OOC we discovered with smart thinking a NPC who travelled with the party was an enemy of us. We tried to kill him then but he disappeared with a teleport spell. We tried to find him, and I thouht it would me smart to count our crew (we were on a bugbear ship). There was one too many, and the rogue let them speak in their own language, we found out who he was, an epic figth broke out, the wizard almost died, and 5 bugbears did, but we could finally kill this boss, finding Hazirawn in his loincloth of holding.

5. This happened late in the story, we were on a market (the soul market) a pit fiend was the boss there. My ranger/sorcerer casted friend on him, so after a minute he was angry and my hands were tied, but when the pit fiend flew after the paladin away from the market, my ranger could easily escape (after rolling an 18 on the skill check). While he took over the market the paladin died and we killed the pit fiend after that, and destroyed the whole market full of strong devils.

4. A session in Menzoberanzan, I was there with only the rogue on a mission. My monk was dominated by the eye of a yochlol to give him a new body, my monk ran away and the rogue couldn't stop him with his speed. At the whole end the domination stopped and my monk could with 20 on athletics check grab the eye away from the dark ritual. At the whole end we went back to the other party members with a train, a drow mage who protected the train misty stepped out of there, thougth we were kidnapping him, but we wanted him away anyway:smallbiggrin:

3. I posted once about a figth with a deaty knigth and many giants, way too many people said that our DM is bad and that they weren't played correctly etc, but I have just fantastic memories about a great figth.

2. A fight with a roc and a troll, when we almost killed the roc he flew away, my unconsious monk in his claws, the wizard could fly to him and just target him with a firebolt, killing the rogue. My monk came down in the water with a second failed death save. His next save made him stable. The wizard could fly to my monk and drag him to the surface, but not before a shark almost got my monk down.

1. A figth with an angry vampire (we stole one of the weapons from him). My monk knocked a zombie T-rex (CR 10) of the airship of the vampire, killing the t-rex. While the paladin and rogue were fighting skeletal owlbears and other undead down in our castle. At the end, where we were all hurt, a death tyrant protected the coffin of the vampire, but the tyrant failed. Shooting two fear rays and a death ray on the rogue, who had the magical rapier (giving immunity against fear), and the rogue evasioned the death ray. Then we took him down in one round with some crits. Killing the vampire after that, it was tactical and epic, and we all almost died.

Dericof Diname
2015-11-09, 02:48 PM
Thank you for sharing your adventures good sir.

Rallicus
2015-11-09, 07:26 PM
3. I posted once about a figth with a deaty knigth and many giants, way too many people said that our DM is bad and that they weren't played correctly etc, but I have just fantastic memories about a great figth.

And that's all that matters. Don't listen to the naysayers or people who tell you how something should be done.

I'm sure I'd be chewed out for many of my decisions if I posted them here, even the ones that the players enjoyed. I may be wrong in this assumption but I feel like OoTS is a forum dedicated more to the mechanical aspects of the game and less... the "fun" part. Too many discussions divulge into theorycrafting and ideal decision-making, neither of which play as vital of a role in actual gameplay as some might think.

In any case, congrats on playing through a full campaign. I know it'll be a bittersweet moment when my campaign comes to an end, and hopefully my players will have some good memories to remember it by as well.

chainer1216
2015-11-10, 05:07 AM
this assumption but I feel like OoTS is a forum dedicated more to the mechanical aspects of the game and less... the "fun" part. Too many discussions divulge into theorycrafting and ideal decision-making, neither of which play as vital of a role in actual gameplay as some might think.

That is what gets discussed most because its easiest to talk about. Its math with out much need of perspective.

I could easily talk about my 5th level variant human paladin of vengeance with polearm master and sentinel. Everyone here knows what that is already. Its much harder, though more entertaining, to talk about Jebediah, the 53 year old peasant who spent all of his life as a farmer until a few months ago when his family was killed by ogres, who now wields the mighty pitchfork Wheatbane, which he uses to dispense whole grain justice.

If you go to the general roleplaying board you'll find more threads about creating interesting stories and campaign journals and building backgrounds and other non system related things.

Aaaaaanyway back on topic, it sounds like you had a really fun game, I envy that you have a group able to get together for long form gaming like that. It makes for the best stories.

ImSAMazing
2015-11-10, 01:09 PM
Thank you for sharing your adventures good sir.
I was in it, it was great. I love 5e because of the campaign.

And that's all that matters. Don't listen to the naysayers or people who tell you how something should be done.

I'm sure I'd be chewed out for many of my decisions if I posted them here, even the ones that the players enjoyed. I may be wrong in this assumption but I feel like OoTS is a forum dedicated more to the mechanical aspects of the game and less... the "fun" part. Too many discussions divulge into theorycrafting and ideal decision-making, neither of which play as vital of a role in actual gameplay as some might think.

In any case, congrats on playing through a full campaign. I know it'll be a bittersweet moment when my campaign comes to an end, and hopefully my players will have some good memories to remember it by as well.
Thank you. It was indeed great.

That is what gets discussed most because its easiest to talk about. Its math with out much need of perspective.

I could easily talk about my 5th level variant human paladin of vengeance with polearm master and sentinel. Everyone here knows what that is already. Its much harder, though more entertaining, to talk about Jebediah, the 53 year old peasant who spent all of his life as a farmer until a few months ago when his family was killed by ogres, who now wields the mighty pitchfork Wheatbane, which he uses to dispense whole grain justice.

If you go to the general roleplaying board you'll find more threads about creating interesting stories and campaign journals and building backgrounds and other non system related things.

Aaaaaanyway back on topic, it sounds like you had a really fun game, I envy that you have a group able to get together for long form gaming like that. It makes for the best stories.

I agree with you. Most people care about MinMaxing on this forum(most of them atleast). That's why Intelligence isn't rated high in any of the guides: it is one of the stats that can't be used to create a very strong character(I know that a Wizard is really strong, but I am talking about non-intelligence based classes).

It was a great campaign. I had a lot of fun, but now it's time for the next campaign(:smallfrown::smallsmile:)

jkat718
2015-11-10, 02:16 PM
6. OOC we discovered with smart thinking a NPC who travelled with the party was an enemy of us. We tried to kill him then but he disappeared with a teleport spell. We tried to find him, and I thouht it would me smart to count our crew (we were on a bugbear ship). There was one too many, and the rogue let them speak in their own language, we found out who he was, an epic figth broke out, the wizard almost died, and 5 bugbears did, but we could finally kill this boss, finding Hazirawn in his loincloth of holding.

Uh...

That brings a whole new meaning to "having a weapon in your pants." :smallbiggrin: