PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Creating Gods.

Elycium
2015-11-09, 06:31 PM
Hi guys, I am asking for some help here.
My players told me that want to fight the most outrageous **** ever created between the next parameters, 3 gods that stand between:
One of 45HD+16 divine ranks
The second of 35HD+11 Divine Ranks
The Third of 25HD+6 Divine ranks.

For the first I was thinking something alike a evil dragon god of 23HD+5 Wizard Lvs+ 10 Incantatrix levels + 7 Initiated of the sevenfold veil, with concentrated spellcasting feats around:
Feats:
-Level 1 feat: Prodigy Spellcaster
-Bonus Wizard Feat: Scribe scrolls
-Wizard Level 5 bonus feat: Iron will
- Incantatrix level 1 bonus feat: Spell focus (Abjuration)
-Incantatrix level 10 bonus feat: Greater Spell Focus (Abjuration)
-Level 3 feat: Maximize Breath
-Level 6 feat: Quicken Breath
-Level 9 feat: Empower spell
-Level 12 feat: Extend Spell
-level 15 feat: Maximize Spell
-Level 18 feat: Persistent spell
-Level 21 feat: Epic Spellcasting
-Level 24 feat: Twin Spell
-Level 27 feat: Intensify Spell
-Level 30 feat: Silent Spell
-Level 33 feat: Spell mastery
-Level 36 feat: Repeat spell
-Level 39 feat: Spell penetration
-Level 42 feat: Improved initiative
-Level 45 feat: Reach Spell

Salient Divine abilities:
-Supreme initiative
-Alter reality
-Divine Splendor
-Divine Spell casting
-Arcane Mastery

But again, that is the most OP thing that comes to mind. What do you guys think? Can be done better? And what about the second and third? They dont need to be humans, but they can be, and it would be good if they would be centered around differente stuff (one fighter, other a cleric or druid, etc).

I personally think that this is madness xD
But they told me that they wanted to try that suicidal road hahahaha

thecrimsondawn
2015-11-09, 07:53 PM
Just how strong is the party? Its from my experience that in 3.5, a well built party (even more so one that is seeking to kill gods) will have saves so high that any spell with a save may as well be taken as a no go. If you are planning to run a god, they will be far and away above the minds of mortal men. Assuming the party has the power to be a danger to the gods in question, they would already have plans set up to be a trap for them.
In 3.5 there are really nasty things, such as clockwork planes that create things infinitely, pocket planes that are all connected by portals (and portals that could very well lead the party into a vacuum of space) and assuming they did make it to the god in question, with that many divine ranks who is to say that a god does not simply create a mount an on top of them, or something of that sort. The owners of a plane have control over it with much less effort then it took to create it.

Just a point of view from a player that has battled gods before in games and was left disappointed :)

Belzyk
2015-11-09, 08:05 PM
Just how strong is the party? Its from my experience that in 3.5, a well built party (even more so one that is seeking to kill gods) will have saves so high that any spell with a save may as well be taken as a no go. If you are planning to run a god, they will be far and away above the minds of mortal men. Assuming the party has the power to be a danger to the gods in question, they would already have plans set up to be a trap for them.
In 3.5 there are really nasty things, such as clockwork planes that create things infinitely, pocket planes that are all connected by portals (and portals that could very well lead the party into a vacuum of space) and assuming they did make it to the god in question, with that many divine ranks who is to say that a god does not simply create a mount an on top of them, or something of that sort. The owners of a plane have control over it with much less effort then it took to create it.

Just a point of view from a player that has battled gods before in games and was left disappointed :)

Idk all the salant abilities have a cast time. So they are all interruptable and they can't alter reality on a whim. That's dm fiat there. Least going by deities and demigods. Alot of monsters you fight in epic levels put gods to shame power wise. Hell super and uber chargers can prolly 1 shot most gods if built right.

Quertus
2015-11-09, 08:06 PM
Make the "weak" 25 HD one an illithid savant. Season to taste.

Belzyk
2015-11-09, 08:09 PM
Make the "weak" 25 HD one an illithid savant. Season to taste.

And the 45 one a level 1 kobold wizard....

Elycium
2015-11-09, 10:02 PM

I dont know this just yet.
We went like this:
"Hey, you create the enemy and be the director, the specifications are that already pointed, we will be making the strongest stuff that we will find too"

The thing is, that I know these guys, I know how strong they can go.
For example, one of the player, in a campaing that was beggining at lv10 with us using creatures, she had an angel with 42 Magic resistance, and did around +150-200 of damage with her first attack (she had multiclass with Iajutsu Master) + cleric spellcasting. And just dont make me remember the havoc that made the actual Wizard xD

Belzyk
2015-11-09, 11:16 PM
I dont know this just yet.
We went like this:
"Hey, you create the enemy and be the director, the specifications are that already pointed, we will be making the strongest stuff that we will find too"

The thing is, that I know these guys, I know how strong they can go.
For example, one of the player, in a campaing that was beggining at lv10 with us using creatures, she had an angel with 42 Magic resistance, and did around +150-200 of damage with her first attack (she had multiclass with Iajutsu Master) + cleric spellcasting. And just dont make me remember the havoc that made the actual Wizard xD

Set them up against a level 1 kobold wizard and do as you please and name him punpun

Elycium
2015-11-10, 12:00 AM
Sorry, but I am not familiar with that kind of build. Care to elaborate?

Crake
2015-11-10, 12:58 AM

Sounds more like a play who doesn't actually understand what they're doing because (assuming you meant spell resistance) there's nothing I can think of at all that gives 42 spell resistance at ECL 10, let alone an iaijutsu master build that does that much damage in a single attack at that level using iaijutsu focus. At ECL 10, the best you could hope for is an additional 9d6 damage from iaijutsu focus (since touch of the void which lets you add your cha mod to each damage dice is only attainable at earliest ECL11). Did you ever double check all the sources of the player's build, or just take it at his word? Cause it sounds like you got munchkin'd

Elycium
2015-11-10, 02:11 AM
No, I was not the GM at that time.

But the Ghaele (angel), was using her natural MR+a feat that improved it further that appears at Rage of the Angels or something along the lines. The exact spell resistance: was about 33 (sorry)

The damage on the other hand I may had go a bit over-board, yes, cause I am talking from the memory and that game was a few years ago (sorry again), but what I do remember was some impressive damage indeed.