PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Soul + divine favor

numerek
2015-11-09, 08:30 PM
Warlock Patron: The Undying Light
Radiant Soul allows you to add your charisma modifier when you cast a spell that does radiant(or fire) damage.

Cleric war domain gives wis modifier full bonus attacks and divine favor as a domain spell.

second level character 1 warlock 1 war domain cleric could do:
(2d6+str+cha+d4)*2
with point buy that could be
(7+3+3+2.5)*2=31 damage
with Great Weapon Master = 51 damage

DwarfDruid
2015-12-03, 04:52 PM
I'm curious. I just thought of this build before finding this post. Does anyone have any reason why this wouldn't work?

HoarsHalberd
2015-12-03, 05:22 PM
I'm curious. I just thought of this build before finding this post. Does anyone have any reason why this wouldn't work?

You're not casting a spell when you attack whilst under the effects of divine favour. Same reason you can't stack elemental weapon and dragon sorcerer. (Actually that would be terrifyingly powerful if you could and went 6 dragon, 1 undying light to get weapon+elemental weapon+2*cha) But it doesn't work because you aren't casting a spell that deals damage, you're casting a spell that allows you to cause damage.

DracoKnight
2015-12-04, 05:10 AM
You're not casting a spell when you attack whilst under the effects of divine favour. Same reason you can't stack elemental weapon and dragon sorcerer. (Actually that would be terrifyingly powerful if you could and went 6 dragon, 1 undying light to get weapon+elemental weapon+2*cha) But it doesn't work because you aren't casting a spell that deals damage, you're casting a spell that allows you to cause damage.

But the feature says when you cast a spell - and the spell is cast, until the duration is over (or until you lose concentration). I would argue that you could.

tsotate
2015-12-04, 05:32 AM
No, the reason you can't stack Elemental Weapon and dragon sorcerer is the PHB errata specifying that Elemental Affinity only applies to one damage roll. Radiant Soul has no such clause. I'm sure that it will, if it ever makes it to print, but the UA version should work with Divine Favor.

Malifice
2015-12-04, 05:33 AM
Yes, if you blow your highest level spell slot and a use of your (wis mod) bonus action attacks (both long rest resources) buf for a round and use a great weapon and hit with both attacks.