PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick interpretation please

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-05-29, 01:44 PM
Hi, my hobby store has hired me to get rid of stuff. Specifically, the 2000+ books in the store attic (Oh god, I'm fearing the fire marshal...). He doesn't want to throw them out, but he wants to get rid of them, so I thought I'd see if I could post here. The only problem is that he told me that with all the work it's going to take to ship, he wants me to ask a few dollars for $30+ RPG books. I know GitP has strict policies against advertisement, but I thought that if I could post here, I would- after all, where else would I find people who could benefit from RPG books. I'd really like to know the Mods' opinions.

Cheers,
Ross

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-05-31, 05:48 AM
Um, are the mods here...?

EmeraldRose
2007-05-31, 08:41 AM
They are here. You can always PM one directly with your question.

Roland St. Jude
2007-05-31, 09:24 AM
Yes, please feel free to PM a moderator directly with your personal questions. That said, I have answered this recently: here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39377&highlight=eBay).

The gist is, no, there is no exception to our advertising rules for used gaming products.

Samiam303
2007-05-31, 09:38 AM
But since he's not actually selling them, just asking to be reimbursed for shipping, would that make a difference?

Roland St. Jude
2007-05-31, 09:48 AM
But since he's not actually selling them, just asking to be reimbursed for shipping, would that make a difference?

First, that's not quite what the OPs post says.

Second, the rules pretty clearly forbid it. GitP is, generally, not the place for commercial transactions, even lucrative and/or gaming related ones. That said, as I said in the prior thread, PM WampaX and see if he'd like to allow it.

Samiam303
2007-05-31, 10:06 AM
First, that's not quite what the OPs post says.

with all the work it's going to take to ship, he wants me to ask a few dollars for $30+ RPG books.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding him, but it reads to me as if they're wanting to give them away and only charge shipping. If I'm right, then it would seem that it doesn't violate the rules since it's not for a profit.

I'll be curious to get a Wampa ruling, as well as clarification from the OP.

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-05-31, 01:25 PM
I'm supposed to charge $2-$3 extra on shipping to cover handling as well.

I PMed Gorbash Kazdar but got no response, so that's why I posted here.