PDA

View Full Version : The Master of Locomotion

Thunder_Ranger
2007-05-29, 06:03 PM
This is a prestige class that I developed. I would appreciate any feedback.

The Master of Locomotion

There are those that claim that they can go anywhere, that there is no building that they can’t penetrate, no wall they can’t climb. For most, these are naught but broad boasts, but for a very few, this is the truth. These are the Masters of Locomotion, an elite group of people who specialize in being mobile. They can serve as anything from a thief to a military scout or an assassin who specializes in killing especially hard to reach targets. Most pride themselves on being almost impossible to catch.

The Master of Locomotion Hit die: d8
Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
1 1 2 2 0 Increased Speed +10ft wall walker
2 2 3 3 0
3 3 3 3 1 +20ft, swim speed
4 4 4 4 1 Wall Runner
5 5 4 4 1 +30ft
6 6 5 5 3 Dimension Slip
7 7 5 5 3 +40ft, Water-breathing
8 8 6 6 3
9 9 6 6 3 +50ft, Teleport 3/day
10 10 7 7 3 Inconstant Location

Entry requirements-
Skills- climb 8 ranks, jump 8 ranks, swim 8 ranks
Feats- mobility
Special- The character must have gained ten feet of bonus movement from some outside source such as a barbarians fast movement or a monks speed increase.

Class Features-
Skills- Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Open Lock, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope
Skill points per level: 4+int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies-
The Master of Locomotion is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and light armor. Due to the need to be mobile a Master of Locomotion losses access to all class abilities if they wear medium of heavy armor or carry a shield.

Increased Speed- At first level and at every odd numbered level thereafter, the base land speed of The Master of Locomotion increases by ten feet.

Wall Walker- At first level The Master of Locomotion gains the ability to run up walls as if they were flat. As long as The Master of Locomotion starts and stops her movement on a flat surface she may cross any hard surface. Balance checks may still be required for particularly difficult surfaces like a wall of ice, in which case The Master of Locomotion will fall on a failed check. The Master of Locomotion may not run or charge while wall walking.

Swim Speed- At third level The Master of Locomotion gains a swim speed equal to one half his base land speed, rounded down.

Wall Runner- At fourth level, The Master of Locomotion has spider climb active continuously. It stops working if The Master of Locomotion is somehow rendered unconscious but not if they are dazed, stunned, confused, or otherwise disabled. This is a supernatural ability.

Dimension Slip- At sixth level The Master of Locomotion has become so attuned to the motions of the multiverse that he can now slip through the planar cracks in reality. Once every d4 rounds The Master of Locomotion may use dimension door as per the spell with a caster level equal to her character level. This is a spell-like ability.

Water-breathing- At seventh level, The Master of Locomotion gains water-breathing and can now swim at his full base land speed. This is a supernatural ability.

Teleport- At ninth level The Master of Locomotion gains the ability to use teleport three times per day at a caster level equal to their class level. This is a spell-like ability.

Inconstant Location- At tenth level The Master of Locomotion has truly mastered motion. At the start of a round as a swift action The Master of Locomotion may choose to teleport herself to any square up to thirty feet away. This is a spell-like ability that is always active.

Mr. Moogle
2007-05-29, 06:48 PM
unless you invest alot of feats into this class, theres not many ways one can bost their speed by 10. So that means this is a monk-barbarian prestige class (W00T). Also, even though movement is nifty and has a wide range of uses, it alone won't win a battle. But its a solid clas and i belive i will be forced to yoink it for my monk character. He might become useful :smallbiggrin:.

DracoDei
2007-05-29, 07:16 PM
Hmm... I am in melee... I teleport 30' straight up and "dead from above" my opponent... not cheese I think, but certainly fun (despite taking 2d6 to 3d6 falling damage).

Thunder_Ranger
2007-05-29, 09:44 PM
unless you invest alot of feats into this class, theres not many ways one can bost their speed by 10. So that means this is a monk-barbarian prestige class (W00T). Also, even though movement is nifty and has a wide range of uses, it alone won't win a battle. But its a solid clas and i belive i will be forced to yoink it for my monk character. He might become useful :smallbiggrin:.

There are also clerical domains, the scout, or other prestige classes that can meet the entry requirements. However, it is a class designed for the light warrior type, thus monk or barbarian are excellent starting points.