PDA

View Full Version : The Guilds IC

JNAProductions
2015-11-10, 10:31 AM
The four ambassadors of each of the most prominent guilds in Bonta are, currently, waiting. They are waiting in a very nice anteroom, just outside the throne room of the king of Bonta, but waiting all the same.

They have been called here for an unexplained but important piece of business.

Ramsus
2015-11-10, 01:21 PM
Claribel looks at the other people here, a dwarf, an elf, and a deep gnome. Only the later is interesting in and of itself so she walks over to him, extends a hand, and says, "Good day sir, I am Claribel. What may I call you?" Meanwhile a strange infernal or perhaps elemental looking bat-like thing flies around the room, always somewhat nearby her.

Lank
2015-11-10, 02:24 PM
Draven felt uneasy here. This place was not for him, especially if he was known here. He didn't mean to be rude by not speaking, rather he was just concentrating. Draven looks all around the room trying to find potential escape routes if the worst should happen and this be a trap. He stands leaning against the wall not making a sound.

Gothos
2015-11-10, 05:38 PM
Durthmeck was sitting in the softest bench he could find looking at the ceiling and the pictures adorning the walls. His fingers were constantly running through his beard, and the rat sitting on his shoulder seemed to be doing the same. When the man who entered the room introduced himself, Durthmeck responded by saying,
"Hmm... What was that?... oh yes that's right, well you can call me Master Crystalfist... Wait, do I know you? My acquaintances call me Durthmeck... Hmm... very well whatever suits you."

Ramsus
2015-11-10, 08:46 PM
((Man?))

"No, Master Crystalfist, I would recall if we had met before. And who is this little one?" Claribel asks, indicating the rat.

Gothos
2015-11-10, 09:16 PM
"Very well then! Good to meet you Gabriel. This little buddy is Onyx, and who or what is that... bat?"

He looks over to the other seated and says "Well, are we not doing introductions here?"

Ramsus
2015-11-10, 10:39 PM
"Hello Onyx!" Claribel says in her taking to pets voice. "This is Cinderella. She's a fiendish bat of some kind. Come say hello." she says, indicating the bat which comes over and makes a sound that is a high pitched combination of something burning, a regular bat screech, and the feint muffled screams of the damned.

At Durthmeck's words to the others she joins him in looking at them expectantly.

Lank
2015-11-10, 11:17 PM
It takes a moment for Draven to notice that he was being addressed, he looks up and stands up straight off the wall. "Oh you meant me? You may call me Alpha. You will have to forgive me for not being so forthcoming but in my line of work the ones using their real names are the ones locked up in a cell or in the ground". When he looks up there is a nasty brand on his right cheek in a different script that is clearly visible.

The brand clearly says "coward" on it.

abwinningh42
2015-11-11, 03:22 AM
Rimedur sat comfortably, watching the others with sharp eyes. His long blonde hair was pushed back but loose, falling nearly to his mid back. Today he wore long white and red robes, with an blue pin in the shape of an eye on his left breast. A silver feathered bird perched on his shoulder, it's head tucked into its wing, obscuring it's face. Anyone well versed in fowl would recognize it as an owl.

He waited for the others to introduce themselves, then greeted them, nodding to each as he acknowledged them. "Claribel, Durthmeck, Alpha, my name is Rimedur. It's a pleasure to meet the three of you."

Ramsus
2015-11-11, 04:44 AM
Claribel considers "Alpha's" words and nods and holds out a hand for him to shake, then offers one to Rimedur in turn. She notes the pin and recognizes the guild symbol and based on Alpha's words he's also a part of some organization and arrives at a conclusion, "So we're all here representing our guilds then? This is a bit unusual isn't it?"

Lank
2015-11-11, 07:31 AM
"To be quite brutally honest, I feel like myself and the organisation I represent are out of place here. There must be a good reason for being summoned, and an even greater one for my organisation to accept these summons. Perhaps the royalty wants some certain...delicate...matters attended to".

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 10:27 AM
As the four of you chat, the doors swing open, revealing a short, plump looking man. The king desires your presence, he announces, waving his hands in a gesture indicating you should follow him inside.

I'm not late, am I? a fifth man says, arriving into the anteroom. His most distinguishing feature is a tattoo that continuously swirls on his face, eddying and whirling into different forms.

abwinningh42
2015-11-11, 02:31 PM
Rimedur nodded to Claribel. 'Perhaps it is a bit odd,' he thought to himself. He pondered this a moment while Draven spoke, but immediately stood when the far doors swung apart. Rimedur acknowledged the king's aide and started forward. He stepped through the doorway as the latecomer arrived.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 02:38 PM
Ah, the king says in his booming voice. The new guilds have arrived. Now, as you know, the law of the land prohibits any guild operating without a license issued by me personally. Now, in order to earn your-

My liege, if I may speak with you privately a moment? the latecomer with the tattoo asks.

What is it? the king, genial as ever, asks.

The tattooed man steps towards the king, aiming to whisper in his ear.

[roll0]

He's going forward with murder in his eyes.

Ramsus
2015-11-11, 03:03 PM
Claribel, by some miracle sensing the man's intent, gives a snap of her fingers in the man's direction and a large fire suddenly springs to life underneath him. (Hopefully positions so that he'd have to move away from the king to get out of it, but if not oh well.) "Your Majesty, stay back! This man intends you harm!" she shouts...also taking a step away from the man. If possible she moves behind the dwarf, since he seems a dangerous sort.

((Casting Create Bonfire. Bad dude needs to make a DC 14 Dex save or take 1d8 damage... which I'll just let the GM roll if he fails since I forgot to do the roll before the post. And I'll concentrate on it either way so if he ends his turn in it he has to make the save again.))

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 03:08 PM
The man leaps headlong over the flames and grabs the king, a thorny whip extending from his hands wrapping around the king's throat.

As he does, a snarl of rage rips its way out of his throat.

Athletics DC 15 to vault the flames: [roll0] [roll1] advantage or take [roll2] fire damage

Bonus action rage.

Main action grapple the king

[roll3]
[roll4]

versus

[roll5]

Ramsus
2015-11-11, 03:12 PM
Claribel stops concentrating on the spell since the fire would just get in people's way now.

((And that's all I'll do since other people should logically move before she does again. Just did that because ceasing to concentrate on a spell can be done at any time.))

Gothos
2015-11-11, 05:31 PM
Durthmeck was just complacently observing the kings decor as the pleasantries were going on when suddenly fire sprouted out of nowhere and the advisor was choking the King. Not knowing what was going on at all Durthmeck just yelled, "STOP!!" and points his wand towards the assailant.

Cast sleep centered so the attacker is in the sphere, or king and assailant if that is not possible sphere, but not the party. If possible. The creature with the lowest hit points will fall asleep if it has hit points lower than the roll, and the next creature will fall asleep if its HP is lower than the remainder of the roll, and so on.
[roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 05:33 PM
The king falls unconscious in the tattooed assassin's arms. The assassin himself stays standing, unaffected by the spell.

abwinningh42
2015-11-11, 06:29 PM
Rimedur frowned, he would have preferred to charm the culprit, rather than resorting to violence. C'est la vie. He extended his arm and pointed a finger at the accoster. Three bolts of glowing force formed and streaked towards their target.

Magic Missile targeting the attacker

Damage [roll0]

Lank
2015-11-12, 12:55 AM
Draven recognized the look in the man's eyes instantly, due to the fact that he wears that look frequently himself. Whilst the spells are flying he runs into the fray, rapier and shortsword drawn as he attempts a quick jab with the rapier followed by a swing at the leg with his shortsword at the assassin.

Rapier: [roll0] to hit
[roll1] piercing damage upon hit.
Shortsword [roll2] to hit
[roll3] slashing damage upon hit.

Ramsus
2015-11-12, 01:10 AM
Claribel doesn't have a lot of options to hurt the man without potentially hurting the King too, so she decides to try and prevent him from going anywhere. She casts a spell and suddenly a little cloud forms above him and rains down warm grease as it makes a sound and smell like bacon cooking. As this happens she moves over to the door they entered from and closes it (unless it already was, in which case she just stands in front of it).

((Assuming it's my turn again. Casting Grease. DC 14 Dex save or he falls prone. If possible trying to place it where it wouldn't make Draven have to make the save too, but if it's both or none I'll choose both. Just hope the guy doesn't do that thing where he makes an Athletics check instead of a Dex save again.))

JNAProductions
2015-11-12, 10:47 AM
((Assuming it's my turn again. Casting Grease. DC 14 Dex save or he falls prone. If possible trying to place it where it wouldn't make Draven have to make the save too, but if it's both or none I'll choose both. Just hope the guy doesn't do that thing where he makes an Athletics check instead of a Dex save again.))

It's not. The assassin gets a turn, you know.

The assassin grabs the king's head, twisting it and dragging the spikes against his throat.

The king begins to bleed heavily from the neck, but as the grease appears underneath, they both fall prone, the grease staining red in the king's blood.

[roll0]
[roll1] Reckless Attack

[roll2]

And then, Dexterity save [roll3]
[roll4]

Gothos
2015-11-12, 03:31 PM
Very frustrated to see his spell do the opposite of his intentions, Durthmeck decided to take a lesson from Rimedur and shot three spectral arrows at the assailant.
Cast magic missile at assassin
[roll0] for damage

Lank
2015-11-13, 09:34 PM
Seeing his advantage with the assassin prone, Draven moves in for the kill.

Target is prone, granting advantage.
Rapier:
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] advantage
[roll2] piercing damage upon hit.
[roll3] sneak attack damage
[roll4] extra damage upon potential crit.

Shortsword:
[roll5] to hit
[roll6] advantage
[roll7] piercing damage upon hit.
[roll8] extra damage upon potential crit.

JNAProductions
2015-11-13, 09:35 PM
The tattooed assassin bleeds heavily, but bares his teeth in anger. He's wounded, but still ready to fight.

Ramsus
2015-11-13, 09:49 PM
Thinking it best not to light a grease fire right next to the sleeping person they're attempting to save, Claribel opts to cast a spell that conjures a toad shape ball of acid atop of the assassin. (The one trying to kill the king, not the other one she doesn't actually know is an assassin.)

Casting Acid Splash, choosing to just hit the one target. He has to make a DC 14 Dex save or take [roll0] acid damage.

If the tattooed guy ends his turn in the grease he needs to make another DC 14 Dex save or fall prone. Unless he's just staying prone I suppose.

JNAProductions
2015-11-13, 09:52 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

The man rolls out of the way of the acid, successfully avoiding it. He then grabs the kings head and twists, hard, and you hear an audible snap. Ha! Victory!

abwinningh42
2015-11-14, 12:41 PM
Upon hearing the king's neck snap, Rimedur feels his chest tighten in anger. Without thought, he extends his hand again firing more bolts of force.

"Where in the Nine Hells are the king's guards!?" His voice rings out as the shining darts streak into their target.

Magic Missile targeting assassin

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 01:38 PM
The assassin, finally, drops down dead, bleeding from many wounds. His blood mixes with that of the king, but then you hear a sound you hadn't thought you would-the king coughs, slightly, sending blood flecks out onto the ground.

Ramsus
2015-11-14, 05:16 PM
Claribel rushes over to the king and tries to do whatever she can for his injuries, though this is hardly her area of expertise. (If someone else says they know what they're doing she'll switch to just assisting them.)

Medicine: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 08:41 PM
The king continues spluttering blood out of his mouth. Claribel's emergency assistance appears to have stalled, but not stopped, his oncoming demise.

Gothos
2015-11-16, 07:12 PM
Durthmeck goes over to assist anyone who is trying to save the king, feeling guilty about his faulty spell from earlier.

Durthmeck rushes over to help the king, feeling guilty about the failed spell earlier. 1d20+2 1d20+2

He turns to Onyx, his rat familiar, telepathically tells him to search the area for anyone who could help us, or for further assassins. When he finds someone, he is instructed to tell Durthmeck as fast as possible.

Help action to give advantage to someone's stabilize check. Free action- tell familiar to look for help or danger.

Lank
2015-11-16, 08:24 PM
"This looks bad, if we are spotted the guards will kill us before asking questions, it is best we go".

JNAProductions
2015-11-17, 12:33 PM
The king coughs out some blood again, but his eyes now flutter open. Wha... he lets out, barely conscious.

Ramsus
2015-11-17, 01:04 PM
Seeing the king try and talk Claribel says, "Don't try to speak Your Majesty. The assassin cut your throat and we are not healers by trade, you could easily make the wound worse. Do not worry, you are in safe hands."

After that she gives a look at Alpha that isn't particularly clear in meaning, but Alpha can probably pick up disdain at least. Then she says to the group, "Allright, now that the king is safe I'll try and see if we can stop the assassin from dying so the king's men can get some answers from him."

((Anyone want to do a Help action so I get advantage?))

abwinningh42
2015-11-17, 01:56 PM
Having delivered the felling blow, Rimedur stepped up to assist Claribel with the attacker. "I'll try to help stabilize him, hopefully we can find out what in the Hells is going on."

Rimedur uses the Help action to assist Claribel.

Ramsus
2015-11-17, 02:19 PM
Claribel attempts to save the assassin from what he might consider an honorable fate. If she does, she immediately ties him up with rope. The whole 50 feet of it because she's not taking any chances. And because she'd like the rope back or replaced later.

Medicine: [roll0]
advantage: [roll1]

JNAProductions
2015-11-17, 02:23 PM
The assassin's head lolls, unconscious. However, the bleeding is staunched and he seems in no danger of dying anytime soon.

Lank
2015-11-17, 02:24 PM
"Ah my king you live. This assassin was sloppy in his work, openly attacking really only works if the target is alone. I would very much like to speak to him to see what organisation he represents".

Ramsus
2015-11-17, 05:04 PM
Claribel looks at Alpha and says, "Ah. Well that explains why you thought you'd get blamed."

JNAProductions
2015-11-17, 10:35 PM
The assassin coughs, splattering some blood out, and rouses, murmuring Urgh...

Ramsus
2015-11-18, 02:03 AM
Claribel looks at the man, thinks about it for a moment, and says, "Nope. Not worth the risk and not our job." and uses Shocking Grasp to render him unconscious without doing him any serious injury.

((Didn't roll anything because I'm not sure how it'd be possible to miss and she'd just do it until he passed out if the first one didn't do the job.))

Lank
2015-11-19, 05:25 PM
Draven attempts to rouse the king. "You need to wake up, your grace. The healers should be here soon".

JNAProductions
2015-11-19, 10:17 PM
No healers... he mutters, still slow to regain wakefulness.

Ramsus
2015-11-19, 10:54 PM
Claribel, pretty surprised the king can even talk in his condition, is somewhat alarmed by his statement. She looks at the others to see if their immediate response to this is thinking this sounds as bad as she thinks it does.

JNAProductions
2015-11-19, 10:56 PM
The majordomo, the plump man from before, finally enters the room. I, ah, heard a fight. I went looking for guards but... Is his majesty okay?

Lank
2015-11-19, 11:02 PM
"It would seem that our liege needs to hire better protection, had this assassin being doing his job correctly then I fear that we currently be at the dawn of a succession crisis. Where are his guards? Why would he allow trained killers into his throne room without proper security measures taken into account? Are they too busy to protect their king? Or just incompetent?"

JNAProductions
2015-11-19, 11:06 PM
We... Ah... the majordomo says, looking around desperately for something else to say, but eventually speaks, saying We no longer have guards. Or Any staff, really. The kingdom is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Lank
2015-11-19, 11:12 PM
"The kingdom cannot afford guards? Well at least it makes sense now for the king to slog our respective guilds with outrageous taxes. Where did all the treasury go? Surely he did not spend it all? It is simply not feasible".

JNAProductions
2015-11-19, 11:16 PM
I... Well... I don't know. Wait- he says-I thought I recognized that man. I-the kingdom has little to offer, but if this man is who I think he is, this might be the start to a full-on invasion. If patriotism won't motivate you, I'll find what coin remains in the treasury-even heirlooms if need be-to see this stopped.

Ramsus
2015-11-20, 03:10 AM
"The... kingdom is bankrupt.... and you.... you....... do not know.... you don't know........ how." Claribel says with a lot of difficulty processing this information. Not because she can't understand how a vault's coffers can come to be empty. That's simple enough due to robbery, foolishness, or excessive war waging. But not knowing how this came to be while running a kingdom involves a complex enough set of scenarios that Claribel's mind has trouble wrapping around them and why anyone would adopt such policies.

"How? And how bankrupt is bankrupt? Does our kingdom still possess the means to buy and trade in goods and services... aside from guards? If not I think it's possible it would be prudent to marry off the heirs to the wealthiest noble families in the kingdom immediately. And to give someone competent control of the kingdom's budget lest this occurs again. Or... well who seeks to invade us? If they're not especially terrible perhaps we should just surrender now while we can still negotiate good terms and save ourselves from watching our poor slowly starve, riot, and set the cities alight with flame or being overrun by heartless mercenaries?" Claribel just blurts out in a stream due to her difficulty with the situation and the amount of questions and ideas suddenly raging through her mind.

Lank
2015-11-20, 04:19 AM
"I am inclined to agree with the mage. Raising the levies to die for a country that cannot afford to pay them or compensate their families is a bad idea. A royal marriage could help but It would have to be someone of extremely high value. Alternatively the king could swear fealty to another kingdom, thus making it the duty of his new liege to protect him. But I doubt that would go down well, kings love being independent."

JNAProductions
2015-11-20, 09:30 AM
I'm just a servant! I don't know what to do! the man says.

Gothos
2015-11-20, 04:40 PM
Durthmeck sees the others justifiably blow up in the face of this lowly servant. As frustrated as he was, yelling at this man would do no good.

Well, servant, what retinue of servants does the king possess? Any healers, clerics, druids? Or even just a simple healing potion? Alchemists? Would you please help us seek one out?

Ramsus
2015-11-20, 05:19 PM
"Or someone who could actually answer our questions perhaps?" Claribel adds.

JNAProductions
2015-11-20, 08:43 PM
The king moans again, but stirs. What questions do you have?

Ramsus
2015-11-20, 11:17 PM
"Well the most important two are how this happened and exactly how empty the coffers are." Claribel says.

JNAProductions
2015-11-20, 11:22 PM
It's a mystery how it occurred. As for how empty... the king says. I can only afford to keep Gerald and myself fed.

When he says it's a mystery? Lying his butt off.

Ngahh... the assassin moans, drawing closer to consciousness.

Lank
2015-11-21, 12:25 AM
The King's lie did not get past Draven, but he was to polite to call him on it however if the king was observant enough he could read the stern look on Draven's face that he knew he was lying. "I know it is not my place to question your grace, but if all the money has disappeared how do you expect to run the kingdom? Perhaps you should seek out a loan a merchant republic".

JNAProductions
2015-11-21, 12:30 AM
I can't. If news gets out that the kingdom is without wealth, our enemies will know we are without strength and attack. The Sacriers may already have started, the king says.

Ramsus
2015-11-21, 02:09 AM
Claribel gives the king a look that says she saw right through that lie and then says, "If you cannot trust us with such essential information then how can you trust us with something as important as the fate of the kingdom Your Majesty? And how could we hope to not make a mess of things when operating with a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation we are in?"

Gothos
2015-11-21, 07:47 AM
This seems pointless, Durthmeck thought, is this even a kingdom?

Well do you have any allies?

abwinningh42
2015-11-21, 09:48 AM
Rimedur listened to the conversation unfold in front of him, a grim frown creasing his face. "Surely there is some noble or wealthy citizen willing to loan you the funds needed to continue operation... And how is this a mystery? Did someone just up and raid the vaults?" He turned and glanced at Gerald before peering down at the King. "What exactly is it you need is to do, anyhow?"

JNAProductions
2015-11-21, 01:54 PM
You need to find out what the Sacriers know and what they plan to do, he says.

The Sacriers are a tribe of barbarian people that live near the kingdom.

They have tattoos that grant them great strength and even magical abilities.

Their holy land is where the kingdom originally was, but they were routed by someone assassinating their leader and then burning their fields.

Gothos
2015-11-22, 01:55 PM
Durthmeck looked down and sighed as he rubbed his temples.

"Well this is going to be a bother. He wants us to deal with those barbarian Sacriers that near here. I believe that the land this kingdom is on is supposed to be their holy land, and someone assassinated their leader."

He looks to the king and asks, "So what should we do, kill them? Promise them the land back? It seems like they have a well earned hatred for this kingdom."

JNAProductions
2015-11-22, 06:10 PM
Are you loyal to the kingdom or not? the king asks.

Have you no heart, king? the assassin says, spitting out the last word.

Gothos
2015-11-22, 07:44 PM
Durthmeck looks to the king inquisitively.

"Well if you must know... Your highness, I would consider my self loyal to the people of this kingdom. Whoever rules it matters not to me, as long as the citizens are not in peril...

He looks to the assassin in a new light, "And what do say to all this? Do you represent the Sacriers? If you do perhaps we could find the route of the these problems without senseless violence.
Guilds, what say you all?"

JNAProductions
2015-11-22, 07:46 PM
Durthmeck looks to the king inquisitively.

"Well if you must know... Your highness, I would consider my self loyal to the people of this kingdom. Whoever rules it matters not to me, as long as the citizens are not in peril...

He looks to the assassin in a new light, "And what do say to all this? Do you represent the Sacriers? If you do perhaps we could find the route of the these problems without senseless violence.
Guilds, what say you all?"

I cannot speak for all my people... But I can speak for most, he says.

What the hell are you going on about? the king says.

I, ah... Believe this might be a coup, your highness.

Ramsus
2015-11-22, 08:06 PM
Claribel shakes her heads, "No, actually he's just trying to solve the problem you asked us to solve.... right now. I don't see why we shouldn't talk to this man. I did save his life so he could be questioned and.... apparently we're the only ones left to do so."

abwinningh42
2015-11-23, 09:55 AM
Rimedur closes his eyes rubs his temples, as if to alleviate some sort of headache. "This was supposed to be so much simpler," mutters under his breath. Turning towards the Kingsm and the assassin, he eyes them both with cold eyes. "I didn't open my guild to deal with political squabbles." He sighs but does not move to leave; as exasperated as he may be, perhaps he has more interest than he lets on.

Lank
2015-11-28, 03:40 PM
"The Unseen may be willing to accept the job, even though there may not be a lot of coin involved. Our payment could be in the form of certain...immunities within the kingdom".

JNAProductions
2015-11-28, 03:42 PM
Claribel shakes her heads, "No, actually he's just trying to solve the problem you asked us to solve.... right now. I don't see why we shouldn't talk to this man. I did save his life so he could be questioned and.... apparently we're the only ones left to do so."

Ask away, the Sacrier says.

"The Unseen may be willing to accept the job, even though there may not be a lot of coin involved. Our payment could be in the form of certain...immunities within the kingdom".

Like what? Gerald asks.

Lank
2015-11-28, 04:27 PM
"Oh the usual, all investigations against us dropped immediately, and in the unlikely event that one of my colleagues are imprisoned, they will be released upon my arrival provided that I actually want them released".
Draven would not consider himself an opportunist but under the current circumstances he was going to milk as much as he could from the kingdom.

Ramsus
2015-11-28, 05:22 PM
"Well, I suppose the first things would be who you are and why you tried to assassinate the king." Claribel replies to the Sacrier.

JNAProductions
2015-11-28, 05:23 PM
I cannot, for the life of me, remember what colors I was using. I'm switching to quotes from now on. Feel free to do the same, just make it clear who's speaking.

"Kriss-Krass," the assassin says. "And simple, really-we want our home back, and we'll use the same tactics they did to get it."

Lank
2015-11-28, 06:48 PM
"I am in no position to judge you because of your methods but what did you hope to achieve by killing the king? A new monarch would be crowned and it would all have been for nothing".

JNAProductions
2015-11-28, 06:49 PM
Kriss-Krass raises an eyebrow. "Has the king any sons? Daughters? Are any nobles in prime position to claim the throne?"

Sons? No.

Daughters? No.

There are a dozen noble families, each of which would try for the throne.

Ramsus
2015-11-28, 07:56 PM
((Claribel auto-passes History check DC.))

"Hmmm. I see. Well we can take measures to ensure that isn't a problem in the future now so that method of reclaiming your land is now lost to you or going to at least be quite a bit more difficult. Is there some way to peacefully settle this? Because most of those who live here did nothing to your people and have nothing against them, but are not likely to simply pack up and leave." Claribel states.

JNAProductions
2015-11-28, 07:59 PM
"We can live peacefully with them. Some people will have to go-this palace can't stand, it's right in the center of our lands," Kriss-Krass starts saying.

"What? No!" The king says.

Kirss-Krass karries on, ignoring the outburst. "A few of the larger buildings too. But homes? Businesses? I don't see why they can't stay. People will just have to learn to respect our rites."

Ramsus
2015-11-28, 10:47 PM
"Do you mean you would be the new rulers or the people would just have to respect your traditions but otherwise the royalty would still rule?" Claribel asks, also completely ignoring the king since selling off the materials and goods in the palace might be a good way to make a bit of money to fill the empty coffers.

JNAProductions
2015-11-28, 10:49 PM
"We don't parley with rulers of any kind. People keep order through community-consensus, not some dictator," he says.

The king splutters indignantly. "Dictator? I work for the people!"

Ramsus
2015-11-29, 02:11 AM
Claribel looks at the king, "Huh. That's funny. As one of those people I sure would like to know where all the money has gone."

She turns back to Kirss-Krass and asks, "What do you mean by that? I understood that you mean your people would not try to control ours, but do you mean you would violently object to having to negotiate with our chosen ruler? Or at least this particular kind of chosen ruler?"

((I notice he didn't really answer the question about who he expects to follow their tribe's traditions. Claribel was basically asking if they'd require us to suddenly adopt their religion and culture or if they just expect us to respect their traditions and not get in their way about such things.))

Lank
2015-11-29, 03:01 AM
"I am in no position to judge your methods. I'm sure some kind of mutually beneficial agreement can be met here. Perhaps if the king were to receive some kind of monetary compensation for the removal of the palace and the ceding of the land it stands on, for the good of the kingdom I am sure he won't refuse".

JNAProductions
2015-11-29, 09:20 AM
"So long as he's gone-we'll bow to no ruler. The rest of the folk here... So long as they respect us, they can live as they please," he says. "That being said, we're not rich. We live off the land-we don't party to commerce like you people do. I don't think we could offer any recompense-nor should any be needed to return to us what is rightfully ours."

Ramsus
2015-11-29, 01:20 PM
"Hmmm. Would your people be willing to help us in the efforts of removing the palace without destroying it so that we could re-use the material to build a new palace elsewhere or sell it? Also will all of your people be leaving your current home to live here?" Claribel asks, relieved what the barbarians want is actually fairly reasonable.

JNAProductions
2015-11-29, 05:50 PM
"Heh. Where's the fun in that? We want to raze the damn place to the ground!... But maybe we can talk. Fighting is fun, but bloodshed isn't, so we'll see what we can do. Though perhaps it'd be best if some of you actually went to speak with our leader in this-I'm just a working man," Kriss-Krass says.

Lank
2015-11-30, 02:36 AM
"Negotiations would be between the king and your leader. Last time I checked none of use were couriers guilds".

JNAProductions
2015-11-30, 10:43 AM
"We will not negotiate with these barbarians!" the king says, still seemingly in denial about the situation.

"Urm... Sir..." Gerald says, quietly.

"Well," Kriss-Krass says, "I'm a bit too injured to really go myself, and I doubt it'd be a good idea to send the king on his own-there's some ill will towards him. Tell you what-we got some green stuff we could trade. I think you guys call it adamant or something? I hear it's valuable, so that's how we'll pay you to either escort his majesty," he says, voice dripping in sarcasm, "or send messages yourself."

Ramsus
2015-11-30, 01:29 PM
"That seems reasonable. We should probably have you be a guest at one of our guild halls so you can.... safely relax." Claribel says, pretty sure it wouldn't be a good idea to leave Kriss-Krass here with just the king.

She then turns to the king and asks, "Are you sure? It's just a building and it can be moved. That's a better than a lot of the people whom you serve dying isn't it? Making friends is generally better than making enemies and I have the feeling we could use more friends in the days to come. But you are the king and you haven't appointed us with any authority to make these decisions, so it is your choice."

JNAProductions
2015-11-30, 07:05 PM
The king begins to speak. "I-"

"Believe that is an excellent idea, Claribel," Gerald finishes. "Isn't that right, your majesty?"

The king glares darkly at Gerald, but says nothing, simply nodding.

Gothos
2015-12-01, 04:21 PM
"Well," Durthmeck says, "I believe that is a fine agreement. Adamant will be great payment, and I am sure that we can do something for the royal seat of government for these people here without razing their home. Razing typically costs people much of their wealth, which they might need during hard times and harsh winters. The Rat Catcher's will assist in the moving of the palace, or establishing a new one if needed."

He looks to the king and asks, "Would you grant us the authority to parlay with these people? Or perhaps you would like to send your assistant here with us and we can protect him?"

JNAProductions
2015-12-01, 07:15 PM
"I will go with," the portly man says.

"Gerald, it's too dangerous!" the king says.

"Your highness," he replies, "I must."

Lank
2015-12-04, 10:22 PM
"If we are to negotiate with the natives I believe I will send out one of my operatives rather than myself. Silvers has a way with words that I could never quite grasp as well as he could".

Ramsus
2015-12-05, 01:31 AM
"I think I'll go myself, though I would like to let my guild know what is happening." Claribel says.

Gothos
2015-12-05, 03:36 PM
"Very well, I believe my chief investigator will be the best one to represent us in this endeavor. No need to worry Gerald, Rucket should be able to provide you with ample protection."

JNAProductions
2015-12-05, 06:55 PM
"Oh good," Gerald says, sighing in relief. "Your people are... Frightening, Mr. Krass."

JNAProductions
2015-12-10, 02:42 PM
It's time for diplomacy with the Sacriers! Select one representative from your guild to go along with Gerald and Kriss-Krass to the new lands of the Sacriers.

JNAProductions
2015-12-16, 09:05 PM
The next day, two representatives from each guild, Gerald, and Kriss-Krass dismount from their horses, at the outskirts of the Scarier's lands.

Kirss-Krass breathes in deeply, smelling the air. "Smell that? Sacriers!"

Gerald smiles weakly, and you notice he's making a point to breathe through his mouth. The scent is mingled sweat, blood, and ink. "Shall we, ah, be off then?" Gerald asks.

"Sure. Come along, everyone-Queen Maud is this way."

Lank
2015-12-16, 11:44 PM
For the duration of the travel the two members of The Unseen have been quiet. Only occasionally murmuring things to each other and acknowledging others with simple answers. Once they reach the border the Tiefling woman in the hood pipes up.
"Hopefully these Sacrier's negotiating skills aren't as bad as their stench, otherwise we might be in trouble" Shark sneers.

"If you could not insult the natives for the duration of our stay it might be helpful" replies Silvers. Silvers is a human who seems to be far more approachable and reasonable than Shark. He is quite handsome and well built.

JNAProductions
2015-12-16, 11:49 PM
Kriss-Krass grins. "Please. We're not offended-we'll just laugh at the idiot who can't recognize the smell of victory!"

Lank
2015-12-17, 12:18 AM
"True victory leaves no trace, my boss told me of your attempt on the King's life. Very sloppy, Alpha was too easy on you, had it been me defending the King I probably wouldn't have spared your life. You have already proved to be a failure as an assassin and I have yet to see anything else from you that can paint you in a better light" Shark sneers at Kriss-Krass.

"Hush, both of you" Silvers chimes in.

JNAProductions
2015-12-17, 12:20 AM
"Took four of you to bring me down. Care for a one-on-one?" he says, smiling wickedly.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, please! Diplomacy!" Gerald says.

Lank
2015-12-17, 12:44 AM
"You insult my intelligence native, If I wanted to kill you I wouldn't fight on even ground. I'd poison your food, slice you in your sleep or simply...convince...a bigger, stronger native to do it for me. As much as I would like to continue our little chat I think I would rather seek a more intellectual conversation with the others". Shark says calmly.

"You done?" Silvers says to Shark.

"For now". she replies.

JNAProductions
2015-12-17, 12:46 AM
"Ah. So you're an admitted coward," Kriss-Krass responds.

"DIPLOMACY! YOU, GOOD SIR!" Gerald says, pointing at Kriss, "WILL STOP BOASTING ABOUT YOUR SKILLS! AND YOU," he says, whirling on Shark "WILL DO THE SAME AS WELL AS NOT THREATENING DEATH ON OUR MOST KIND GUIDE!"

Lank
2015-12-17, 12:50 AM
"Relax old man, I have said my piece". Shark chirps.

Gothos
2015-12-17, 05:36 AM
When the argument breaks out, Rucket steps closer to Gerald, ready to interpose herself between him and danger. She stays silent, but it is obvious her hand is twitching towards her sword.

Lilith just scoffs at the conversation and walks next to Kriss-Krass. When she is next to him she eyes him up and says, "Well, I wonder if you could handle me on your own.", with a wink. "Now why don't we just play nice until we get to this Queen Maud".

Lilith is trying to persuade him to calm down/ trust them

1d20+6

Ramsus
2015-12-17, 12:25 PM
"That one sure has a sharp tongue." Claribel says to Ekra Bright Eyes in regards to the tiefling.

"A sharp blade too I'm sure." Ekra replies.

"What a lovely combination." Claribel says back with a small sigh.

JNAProductions
2015-12-17, 01:52 PM
As you talk, you begin to see more Sacriers. They eye you with suspicion, but no one takes any action-likely due to Kriss-Krass's presence.

Ramsus
2015-12-18, 02:11 AM
"Greetings." Greets Ekra, the giant lizardperson (ok not actually giant, but bigger than most races that aren't goliaths) as she waves a hand.

JNAProductions
2015-12-18, 10:29 AM
The Sacrier nearest mutters something under her breath, but no one offers a full response.

Kriss-Krass proceeds to speak in an unfamiliar language, something that manages to combine both guttural and harshly melodic.

"Hey, come on guys," Kriss-Krass says. "They might help us out in reclaiming our real lands."

Ramsus
2015-12-18, 01:25 PM
Claribel looks to the others, "They know we know they speak Common because we were able to talk with Kriss-Krass right? and sighs.

JNAProductions
2015-12-18, 01:47 PM
Kirss_Krass chuckles. "Not everyone bothered to learn. Look, I'll translate anything important, don't you worry."

Lank
2015-12-18, 09:49 PM
Silvers looks around at the Sacriers. "Mr Kriss-Krass, you seem to be quite knowledgeable of your culture. I don't suppose there are any customs we must adhere to whilst we meet your queen. I am sure she is quite pleasant but I would certainly not want to offend her by accident". Silvers seems clearly more interested in talking about the queen rather than gaining knowledge of the local customs.

JNAProductions
2015-12-18, 09:52 PM
"Be polite, be respectful. Unlike some, we understand outsiders have different customs. I suppose if you truly wanted to show respect, you could fight her, but, well..." Kriss-Krass says, smiling with just hint of sadism to it, "You'd get your ass handed to you on a platter."

Lank
2015-12-18, 11:23 PM
"I have no intention on fighting her, it would be unprofessional. We are here on negotiations, not a tourney. Although I do like a woman who can fight" Silvers says not even hiding the fact he was staring at Rucket the whole time.

Ramsus
2015-12-19, 12:19 AM
Claribel noticed Silvers' stares and looks at Rucket to see how she feels about that.

Ekra had as well and says, "I'm sorry, you're not really my type." and gives a grin (full of sharp pointy teeth).

Gothos
2015-12-19, 04:52 AM
Upon hearing silver's words, Rucket merely looked the other way. It was obvious she chose to ignore the words.

Lilith on the other hand gave him a devious gaze, yet still remained by Kriss-Krass' side. "Yes, let us meet this Queen. It is comforting to hear that a woman is in charge here."

JNAProductions
2015-12-19, 05:04 PM
"Well, let's hurry up then," Kriss-KRass says, before switching to his native language.

You can all hear one word clearly-Maud-but that's it. With his bit spoken, Kriss-Krass carries on, forging a path through the various others.

Soon, you arrive at a large tent, one that's adorned with various animal bones.

Ramsus
2015-12-21, 02:06 PM
Claribel looks to the others and shrugs and walks in first. Ekra follows right after.

JNAProductions
2015-12-21, 03:03 PM
Inside is a strong, fit-;looking woman, dressed in a simple robe and some leather armor on underneath. She says something to Kirss-Krass, who in turn says "Our queen welcomes you, and asks if there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable."

Lank
2015-12-22, 12:09 AM
Silvers performs a polite bow for the queen when he enters.
"You're company is all the comfort we need, your grace. We have escorted the King's right hand man to come and negotiate the peaceful return of your rightful lands that the palace stands on. I am sure Gerald here will manage to come up with an arrangement that will benefit both sides, right Gerald?". Silvers looks at Gerald hoping to get him to introduce himself.

Shark stays at the back of the group trying to keep a watchful eye out for anything suspicious.

[roll0] for perception.

Ramsus
2015-12-22, 01:22 AM
Claribel also bows politely. Ekra looks at Claribel and mimics her actions awkwardly.

JNAProductions
2015-12-22, 03:02 PM
"Ah, yes, the return of your ancestral homelands. I am certain we will-"

Queen Maud interrupts Gerald with a sharp retort, to which Kriss-Krass responds questioningly. After a brief exchange, he turns back to face the assembled group. "Well, Queen Maud refuses to deal with someone so clearly weak. She wants a trial by combat amongst the group of you, and the winner can speak for the kingdom."

"But-this is absurd!" Gerald replies. "Combat and politics have nothing-"

"The Queen has spoken, Gerald. Accept her word."

Lank
2015-12-22, 05:12 PM
"Ha! Well this is an interesting turn of events. So who wants to be thrown to the wolves?" says Shark who seems to be barely holding in her delight at the sudden turn of events.

Gothos
2015-12-23, 12:16 AM
Rucket interposes herself between the group and Gerald. "This is madness, we are allies, why should we fight?" She has her hands gripping her greatsword, posed ready to draw.

Lilith steps forward with a sardonic smile, "So you are telling me that if I defeat these others, I get a kingdom? I'm all for that but it hardly seems fair. Why not have some discussion first, figure out what we are fighting for before blood is shed?"

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-12-23, 01:52 AM
Due to translating through Kriss-Krass, who is not exactly unbiased. [roll0]

Maud's offensive roll: [roll1]

Kriss-Krass dutifully translates, and Queen Maud speaks back. "She says," Kriss-Krass reports, "that she is willing to listen to your ways... for now."

Ramsus
2015-12-23, 01:49 PM
Ekra asks Kriss-Krass, "It would not be a fight to the death would it?"

JNAProductions
2015-12-23, 02:02 PM
"What? Of course not! Just to defeat," he answers, aghast at the thought. "We're not barbarians."

Ramsus
2015-12-24, 02:03 AM
Ekra nods and says, "If it happens there is no other way forward, I would volunteer if none of the others wish to."

Lank
2015-12-24, 03:06 AM
Silvers and Shark whisper to each other before turning to face the queen.
"The Unseen will not take part in such contest. We will stand by and let the winner of this contest be the one to speak for the kingdom. We were hired under the impression that Gerald would be the one to speak so for us to be negotiating terms would be going out of our way for no added reward. We will however remain here as Gerald's personal guard, as was the arrangement." Silvers says. He speaks clearly and his voice projects well to everyone in the tent.

Gothos
2015-12-29, 06:06 PM
Rucket steps forward and pulls her sword "If it must be done, I will protect the word of the king. I will fight those who wish otherwise."

Lilith steps back with a sly grin, "Oh Rucket, you were always one for excessive drama. I think I will step back to watch this one."

JNAProductions
2016-01-02, 11:38 AM
Kriss-Krass, who has been steadily translating what the others are saying, stops for a moment to listen as his queen speaks. He then translates back, saying "Since some of you have agreed, the trial by combat will start immediately. If you'll all follow me outside," he says as he moves and holds the tent flap open, "we can start. Whoever wishes to fight will fight and the winner will speak for the kingdom. With, of course, being able to listen to your advisers, such as Gerald here."

"So what you're saying is that I'll still have say?" Gerald asks as he moves outside.

"You won't have any say other than how much the winner listens to you. But if they trust you... Yeah," Kriss-Krass responds.

As the talking happens, you all move outside, back to the open ring of ground in front of Queen Maud's tent. A few Sacriers, who were guarding the tent earlier, have just finished drawing a ring into the dirt, 30' radius wide.

Queen Maud speaks, and Kriss-Krass translates. "You will all fight at once in the ring. The winner will speak for the kingdom. Whenever you are ready, you may start."

Everyone who wants to fight, roll initiative. Then, start fighting!

Ramsus
2016-01-02, 01:47 PM
Ekri looks at the others and shrugs, then steps into the ring.

I thought we were volunteering to fight Maud or her chosen champion, not each other. *shrug*

Initiative: [roll0]

Lank
2016-01-02, 09:35 PM
Shark and Silvers stand next to each other. Shark in particular seems to be watching the fight attentively. "Try not to ruin those pretty faces of yours" Shark says to the group.

Gothos
2016-01-08, 07:19 PM
Rucket draws her greatsword and steps into the ring. "I am sorry it has had to come to this Ekri, but I must let the kings adviser speak for the kingdom. I must honor my word."

Rucket then ran towards the lizardfolk and hacked down with her greatsword.

[roll=attack]1d20+4 [roll=damage]2d6+2[/dice]

HP:10 AC:16 Heavy armor master- (-3 damage from nonmagical weapon attacks)

Gothos
2016-01-08, 07:28 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Lank
2016-01-08, 08:00 PM
"Fools! Put away your weapons and fight in unarmed combat! The last thing we need is someone to get their arm chopped off!" Silvers yells out.

Ramsus
2016-01-09, 02:09 AM
Ekri, who is not currently holding a weapon, looks at Silvers like "Hey, what are you yelling at me for?" as she blocks Rucket's greatsword with her shield. "I was planning on doing the same little one*." She then tries to kick Rucket away.

((*She calls pretty much everyone this since she's really big.

Edit: Aaaand I rolled a nat 1 on that attack so go ahead and have Rucket describe the attack failing however you like that doesn't involve Ekri being harmed or falling over or such.))

Pretty sure everyone is proficient in unarmed attacks right? If not just subtract 2 from my attack roll.
Attack: [roll0]
Unarmed damage: 4 (base 1 + 3 strength always gonna equal 4, no need for a roll)

Gothos
2016-01-10, 01:36 AM
Rucket's sword glanced off of Ekri's shield and she just realized that this was intended to be a weaponless fight. Feeling a bit out of place she agreed and sheathed her sword. "Well fighting without a sword hardly feels fair if only one of us has a shield..."

Ekri then tried to kick Rucket, but apparently didn't account for how sturdy she was. She got kicked right in the chest, but the kick was placed to high and didn't have much purchase.

Rucket returned with a punch seeking to go around the shield.

[roll0]
Damage = 3

Ramsus
2016-01-10, 03:00 AM
As Ekri dodges just barely out of the way as she slings her shield on her back she says with a smile, "Well, that's fair. But it was a good thing I was holding it at the time yeah?" And then she tries to give Rucket a punch in the side.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: 4

((Edit: Hey, a hit from one of us finally! Also ignore what my sheet says right now, AC is 16 without the shield. I just don't feel like editing it in case I'd forget to change it back later.))

JNAProductions
2016-01-10, 12:00 PM
Kriss-Krass grins and speaks to Maud. After a response from the Queen, he speaks to the group. "My Queen is glad you've taken to this so well. And if you've decided it should be a fight without weapons, then so be it."