PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Necromancer

TheRekatron3000
2015-11-10, 12:43 PM
I am making a Necromancer for an upcoming campaign and I need help with gear. His main aspect is being a meatshield creator. Dread Necro 8/ Master of Shrouds 10. He has a Drake helm, a rod of Undead control, some Ioun stones, Bone Bracers of The Death Deity, Cloak of turn resistance, vest of resistance, belt of magnificence, and a mace of the darkchildren. Nothing is illegal, although my DM might say no to somethings but other than that thats it. I have feats and skills and spells. he is going to be 18th-19th level.

OldTrees1
2015-11-10, 05:35 PM
Pick up a lesser rod of Chain Spell(14,000gp Magic Item Compendium) for use with your Command Undead(2nd level from PHB) spell. You will control lots more meatshields as a result, so I suggest self limiting the number you use each encounter.

I presumed that your DM is allowing your arcane casting Dread Necromancer to progress their casting with the divine casting only Master of Shrouds?

At 18th-19th level you will want to have used Advanced Learning to pick up the Animate Dread Warrior spell(6th level from Unapproachable East). With your build that would require delaying that 8th level of Dread Necromancer until your 17th level (Dread Necromancer 7 / Master of Shrouds 10 / Dread Necromancer +1).