PDA

View Full Version : All the kenders

M Placeholder
2015-11-10, 04:24 PM
Here is my conversion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?457590-The-Kender-%28Dragonlance%29) of all the kender subraces for 5e. Please read with an open mind, and please give constructive feedback on the balance.

As well as the true kender (there is a chapter in the Kencyclopedia on how to roleplay kender, and they are not for everyone - they are the high performance racecar of D&D). I've also converted the subraces found on the other major continents of Krynn - the paranoid, survivalist, marak kender of Taladas, as well as the kunda of Adlatum.

I know they get a bad rep, but in the right and mature enough hands (as explained in the Kencyclopedia), they can make a great member to any team.

KorvinStarmast
2015-11-10, 04:25 PM
they are the high performance racecar of D&D). They are, at best, the lawn fertilizer of D&D.

bardo
2015-11-10, 05:19 PM
As a veteran of Dragonlance campaigns, I can only say two things:

1. Thank you for the conversion.
2. A player should ask permission of the DM and of all other party members before rolling a Kender.

Bardo.

snacksmoto
2015-11-10, 05:29 PM

2. A player should ask permission of the DM and of all other party members before rolling a Kender.

Bardo.

Interrogator: Welcome to our torture chamber.
Prisoner: ...an empty, featureless room?
Interrogator: We have captured a Kender. He will be here momentarily.
Prisoner: I'LL TALK! I'LL TALK!!!

M Placeholder
2015-11-10, 05:49 PM

Bardo.

I have the true kender converted, but I was having trouble with the other subraces and added way too many proficiencies (one subrace had 5) in light of backgrounds and classes. Ill have them up tomorrow.

And 2 cannot be stressed enough.

Tanarii
2015-11-10, 06:25 PM
From the kencyclopedia:

Kender are born with a normal mind, but that 'normal' mind seems to stop progressing and leaves the kender stuck with a childs mind.
This is why they should never, ever be PCs.