PDA

View Full Version : MITD's Choice (maybe spoilers)

Lizard Lord
2007-05-29, 09:00 PM
Now I am sure most if not all of you have heard and/or thought of the theory about Redcloak betraying Xykon.

While I do not want to turn this into a thread to debate that theory, I must wonder if Xy and Red went their sperate ways what would the Monster in the Darkness do?

I think it would be like a kid seeing his parents get divorced and he has to chose which one to leave with.

:mitd: "MOM, DAD, DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!"
:xykon: or :redcloak: "Wait, which one am I?"

While I am sure neither of them would care about the Monster's possible emotional issues, they both recognize him as a powerful, though annoying, tool.

dish
2007-05-30, 01:26 AM
It seems very clear that he's Xykon's minion and secret weapon (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0023.html) I don't think the choice would be too difficult.

(I doubt he'll be asked to choose, mind.)

Wolfie_1066
2007-05-30, 01:53 AM
I think its about 50/50 knowing the giant he will probly suprise us and have the MitD strike out on his own only to come back to one of them because of...incompetence

Lizard Lord
2007-05-30, 11:56 AM
It seems very clear that he's Xykon's minion and secret weapon (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0023.html) I don't think the choice would be too difficult.

(I doubt he'll be asked to choose, mind.)

No they won't ask him to choose.

Xykon will order the monster to come with him, then Redcloak will order him. Thus he has to chose which order to follow.

I suppose we would need to see SoD for a hint at who he is more loyal to.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-30, 12:03 PM
He'll probably be too confused to choose. Or he'll just leave.

Paperfury
2007-05-30, 05:26 PM
:mitd: Wait, what decision?

the_tick_rules
2007-05-30, 10:27 PM
no idea, probably xykon, but who knows.

Froody
2007-05-31, 02:47 AM
One of the questions "Start of Darkness" claims to answer is "How did Redcloak discover the Monster in the Darkness?", which somehow implies that MitD met Redcloak before Xykon... so maybe he'd actually choose Redcloak.