PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Half-Elf Fast Learner with Racial Heritage (Samsaran) Summoner RAW Legal?

Levism84
2015-11-10, 05:03 PM
I just had a quick question in regards to taking a couple feats in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. If a half-elf character takes the following feats, does this allow them to gain both the half-elf and samsaran favored class benefits for the summoner class?

Racial Heritage (Samsaran): it is a human feat, but half-elves count as both human and elves, so they should be able to pick it up. Allows the character to count as an elf, human, and samsaran for the purposes of "taking traits, feats, how spells and magic items affect you, and so on."

Fast Learner: another human only feat (see above), but also requires an Int of 13. Would allow you to gain two favored class benefits when you take a level in your favored class.

It seems like they would be able to get the +1/4 evolution point per class level AND the +1/2 additional summoned creature per class level when using the summon monster ability to summon multiple creatures. Am I wrong or am I missing something? I know half-elf doesn't get 2 feats at first to burn on this, but I figured later in the progression it could be beneficial. Start with the half-elf bonus and then start adding in the samsaran bonus at 3rd, after getting their second feat.

Or, is this too much work for too little a bonus? Two feats for 5 evolution points and 9 additional summon monsters per use of the summon monster spell-like ability (1d4+10 tyrannosaurs or 1d3+9 elder elementals that hang around for 20 minutes) seems pretty boss to me.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

UrsusArctos
2015-11-10, 05:08 PM
Fast Learner lets you get 1 Hit Point and 1 Skill Point OR the alternate bonus, so you could take the following options:

1 Hit Point and 1 Skill Point
1/4 Evolution Point
1/2 Additional creature summoned