PDA

View Full Version : how to immobilize them ?

True believer
2015-11-10, 05:07 PM
So long story short i am playing a 12 level wizard/cleric/MysticTheurge.I can cast 5 lvl wizard spells and 4 lvl cleric spells ! I am inside a dead magic zone with 4 other characters: a cleric , a fighter/rogue , a wizard and an rogue archer.I am the only one that can cast inside the DMZ. I want to immobilize them as quickly as possible, how can i achieve that in the minimum amount of rounds ( preferably in one round) ????

FocusWolf413
2015-11-10, 05:49 PM
Why do you want to immobilize your other players?
What spells do you currently have memorized?
What spells are in your spellbook?
What magic items do you have?

Grod_The_Giant
2015-11-10, 09:14 PM
Solid fog may be your best bet.

Necroticplague
2015-11-10, 09:21 PM
How immobile? Is killing them all O.k?

True believer
2015-11-12, 02:49 PM
Why do you want to immobilize your other players?
For rp reasons one of my players has a confension to make and through some checks inside the game i am expecting to say to us that is a follower of shar. My characters primary enemy is any believer of shar ( i have taken the Dweomerkeeper prestige class) so i want to immobilize all the party while i am making my judgement about the life of these character.

What spells do you currently have memorized?
What spells are in your spellbook?
Through some spells, and access to any scroll i like i can add to my spell book very easy any spell that you may have to suggest before the event. i was thinking something like black tentacles but the rogues and the fighter of the party may get away of that

What magic items do you have?
I can list them if you like but none of them will be working inside the dead magic zone

True believer
2015-11-12, 02:50 PM
How immobile? Is killing them all O.k?

No i would prefer not to loose more than their half hit points

FocusWolf413
2015-11-12, 10:26 PM
If you are currently inside of the DMZ, you need to list the spells you currently have memorized. Are you currently inside the zone or are you planning for the future? How far in the future is this?

TheifofZ
2015-11-13, 02:28 AM
Brief point: 'Unable to move' isn't necessarily the same as 'Unable to stop you', which isn't the same as 'Unable to interfere'
Assuming you -do- have time to gather the spells for it: Solid fog is, if you'll pardon the pun, solid.
Nightmare Terrain+Mirror Image+Invisibility should be both doable and incredibly effective if you don't tell them about it in advance.
Other options are Otiluk's Resilient Sphere/ Wall of Ice (Hemisphere option), or Fear.
Transmute Rock to Mud under their feet should trap them fairly well for a few rounds. Symbol of Sleep is a solid choice, if it'll work on them.
Not many options on the cleric side of things, unfortunately.

Crake
2015-11-13, 02:48 AM
you have access to any scroll? buy a scroll of forcecage, easy peasy.