PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Thoughts, Opinions, or Suggestions for my Barbarian Build

lynxd80
2015-11-10, 06:01 PM
Hey everyone!

I recently posted about needing help with constructing an unchained barbarian for a campaign my buddy's running. I've spent the better portion of a week trying to create a decent build, but have ultimately been unsuccessful. However, the big reason why I was running with Unchained was because my bud read somewhere that Enhancment items do not stack with rage powers because of the "Like-Enhancments" Rule. I decided to research this and (most happily) discovered that this was not the case... As I discovered (and I'm sure you all know) "Rage" provides a Morale bonus... And not an enhancment like a Belt of Giant's strength would. Therefore, the reason for not playing a regular Barbarian became voided and, upon requesting: i was approved to swap from Unchained to a "Invulnerable Rager" Archetype.

That said," I'd like to present my new plans for the character and see if the build I'm constructing is solid or if there is something better I can do with it. I'm not new to pathfinder, but this is my first Barbarian. I've taken suggestions from the previous discussion, coupled it with new research, and put together this:

Campaign: Level 3 to level 20
Stat Generation - Point Buy: 25 pts (High Fantasy)

Human – Barbarian: Invulnerable Rager

Traits:
Mindlessly Cruel
Second Chance

Stats:
Str – 18 (With +2 Racial bonus)
Dex – 14
Con – 16
Int – 8
Wis – 10
Cha – 12

Feats:
Racial Bonus – Raging Vitality
1st – Power Attack
3rd – Combat Reflexes
5th – Raging Brutality
7th – Extra rage Power: Guarded Life
9th – Extra Rage Power: Beast Totem
11th – Extra Rage Power: Greater, Beast Totem
13th – Step-Up
15th – Following Step
17th – Step –up and Strike
19th – Horn of the Criosphinx

Rage Powers:

2nd - Superstitious
4th – Witch-Hunter
6th – Lesser, Beast Totem
8th – Greater, Guarded Life
10th – Eater of Magic
12th – Come and Get Me
14th – Fearless rage
16th – Reckless Abandon
18th - Fleshwound
20th – Unexpected Strike

Currently Planned Equipment:
Weapon Enhancement(s) – Fierce, Courageous
Magical Items: Torque of Lionheart Fury, Helm of Fearsome Mein
Note: I'm not trying to be the most broken character, but I would like to be able to have fun with the character. That being said, any thoughts, opinions, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

~Lynx D.

Pex
2015-11-10, 07:42 PM
I don't know your rage powers by heart. Do any require Charisma? If not, the inherent optimizer in me says to switch your Charisma and Wisdom scores. Even though you get a bonus to Will saves while raging, it never hurts to have another +1 due to having 12 Wisdom. Charisma based skills are nice, and by all means invest ranks in them if that's what you want, but I think +1 Will save is more valuable than +1 to a Charisma skill check. Totally admitted personal bias. :smallbiggrin:

skypse
2015-11-10, 08:11 PM
Think about changing to Half-Orc/Orc instead of human so you can have access to Ferocious Action (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/ferocious-action-orc)

Geddy2112
2015-11-11, 12:40 AM
Looks solid. I second swapping charisma and wisdom, maybe even making charisma an 8. Having the extra skill point will boost intimidate more in the long run, and will saves are just too bad to fail.