PDA

View Full Version : Roy's Fate? (possible spoilers)

DamienLunas
2007-05-29, 09:39 PM
I bet I'm not the only one wondering what's going to happen to Roy's body. Is it just going to stay there trampled upon by hobgoblins as they invade/retreat? Or... something else?

With the release of the Linear Guild, I'm guessing something else. In fact, my prediction is that while flying overhead, the Linear Guild spots Roy's dead body. And so, either because Nale's ego won't be pleased with someone else taking out Roy before him, or that he wants to make him suffer before he dies as with Elan, or that it would mean that he would have to kill his evil opposite (and thog probably isn't very easy to take down, what with the will save bonuses during rage) and takes him away to be revived by a charmed good cleric.

RocketBard
2007-05-29, 09:41 PM
I think that Durkon will revive him after the battle. The Linear Guild would be more focused on getting away from the battle and Nale already said that they would ignore the Oots in order to escape.

Porthos
2007-05-29, 09:55 PM
Perverse thought:

There is only one living person/thing/creature on the battlefield right now, The Creature in the Darkness. And we know several things about the CitD:

It is bored.
It has no one to talk to, or anything to do. (except for possibly the Demon Roaches)
It has no one to supervise what it does.
And it is hungry.... (well it's always hungry :smalltongue: )

I suspect that the CitD will wander over to the body, try to engage it in conversation, and when that fails.... Well, the CitD will do what the CitD does best. :smalltongue:

And the upshot of this is, that presuming there isn't much left of the body, that the OotS will have find someone capable of casting Resurrection (or even True Resurrection if the CitD eats the whole body). Should make for an interesting set of strips if it happens. :smallbiggrin:

DamienLunas
2007-05-29, 09:56 PM
If Durkon revived him, that would be pretty boring. Then his death really wouldn't mean anything. Plus, if the LG revives him, then the OOTS would have to find him, thus adding another arc to the plot.

Also, if Azure City wins, then they will have to retreat, and Redcloak would probably cast that cleric spell that prevents him from being revived (it's much more likely than Xykon, who doesn't view him as a threat). Although if they lose, it means that Durkon probably won't have access to the diamonds needed to revive him, and thus they have to lug his body to the nearest city, which might be a hassle, not to mention there probably aren't any towns big enough to have any to spare nearby.

Edit @ ^: Too many trans fats. Though Durkon can't cast True Res, as proven by Belkar when he said he can cast a 5th level spell 3-4 times per day, and the mimimum he could to be able to cast if he could cast 9th level spells is 6 5th levels per day.

RelentlessImp
2007-05-29, 10:12 PM
If you're referring to Soul Bind (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/soulBind.htm), I'm pretty certain it's been more than 19 rounds (though it's hard to tell, really) since Roy's death, and if it hasn't been, it probably will have been by the time it's time to retreat. (19 being the highest I think Redcloak could be, given his spell selections, though this may be generous - 17th would be the minimum for Soul Bind, anyhow.)

Nale stealing the body to have it revived by a charmed Cleric (though I guess it'd need to be a Dominated cleric instead, since it's likely a goodly Cleric wouldn't Resurrect/Raise Dead under situations of duress the LG is likely to put him/her under) would make for a better story, though what's to stop Roy from beating the everliving crap outta Nale once he gets revived, if he winds up being resurrected rather than raised?

I like the idea of CitD eating Roy's body though. Nice, macabre touch, and gallows humor has been somewhat strained lately. Something natural like that would be the icing on the cake of the current storyarc.

NeonRonin
2007-05-29, 10:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Durkon will be reviving Roy, but with the way things are going something may crop up that will delay it further. Perhaps they won't be able to locate the proper material components in AC's ruins. Or maybe Kubota incites another insurrection against Hinjo and they gotta deal with that first. Or something totally unexpected- maybe the MitD WILL have something to do with it, as suggested.

I dunno. Too tired to speculate.

DamienLunas
2007-05-29, 10:32 PM
If you're referring to Soul Bind (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/soulBind.htm), I'm pretty certain it's been more than 19 rounds (though it's hard to tell, really) since Roy's death, and if it hasn't been, it probably will have been by the time it's time to retreat. (19 being the highest I think Redcloak could be, given his spell selections, though this may be generous - 17th would be the minimum for Soul Bind, anyhow.)

Nale stealing the body to have it revived by a charmed Cleric (though I guess it'd need to be a Dominated cleric instead, since it's likely a goodly Cleric wouldn't Resurrect/Raise Dead under situations of duress the LG is likely to put him/her under) would make for a better story, though what's to stop Roy from beating the everliving crap outta Nale once he gets revived, if he winds up being resurrected rather than raised?

Yeah, he probably doesn't have the materials anyway. But there's still a chance that RC would steal it anyway, even if he can't soul bind it.

Well, it would be 4 on 1. Thog, Nale, Sabine, and the dominated/charmed cleric. Plus, Roy is lawful, so there might be the chance that he feels he needs to repay Nale. Though what I was originally thinking of was just keep enchanting him, as I don't think Roy has a very good will save, then bend Roy to his will and get him to help him with the other gates. Alternatively, he could use a disguises to have Roy trust them more.

Porthos
2007-05-29, 10:58 PM
Edit @ ^: Too many trans fats.

I tend to believe, given the things we've seen the CitD eat, that transfats seem to be the least of his concerns. :smalltongue:

Miraqariftsky
2007-05-29, 11:10 PM
What if either Xykon or Redcloak, on the way out, pass by Roy's corpse and decide it would be a sweet vengeance if they raise Roy as some sort of undead and force him to be their rearguard?

CardinalFang
2007-05-29, 11:41 PM
I'd like to see Durkon raise Roy, if for no other reason than to see Thor appear again.

Ridureyu
2007-05-30, 02:20 AM
MitD eating Roy isn't perverse. Tsukiko is perverse.

Basalock
2007-05-30, 08:39 AM
I have the best mental image of Xycon using Roys dead body as a giant hand puppet.:smallbiggrin:

MR.PIXIE
2007-05-30, 08:44 AM
OH MAN IF CITD EATS ROY IMAGEN HOW IT WILL IMPACT ON ELAN:smallfrown: