PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Silver Moon Hunter (Modified PrC)

SoraWolf7
2015-11-10, 11:29 PM
Silver Moon Hunter

This thing... man... whatever it is... evil may have created it, left its mark on it... but evil does not rule it. So I cannot kill it. - Van Helsing

Selūne grants the noble Lycanthropes who follow her power to match more vile Lycans, as well as allowing them to act without fear of infecting the innocent.

BECOMING A SILVER MOON HUNTER

Silver Moon Hunters are often blessed by Selūne through her Clerics and Paladins for their efforts in helping protect people from more Evil Lycanthropes. Others can learn about the techniques from near-lost tomes written by the followers of Selūne and those who wished to defend themselves against the bestial followers of Malar.

Entry Requirements
Race: Any Lycanthrope
Alignment: Any
Skills: Control Shape 8 Ranks (afflicted lycanthrope only), Jump 6 Ranks, Knowledge (Nature) 4 Ranks, Survival 6 Ranks
Feats: Power Attack, Sanctify Natural Attack
Patron: Selūne

Class Skills
The Silver Moon Hunter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skill points at each level: 4 + Int Modifier

Hit Die: d8

Class Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special

1st
+0
+2
+2
+0
Weakened Curse of Lycanthropy, Lycanthropic Spell, Wild Items

2nd
+1
+3
+3
+0
Animal aspect 1/day, Wild Empathy

3rd
+2
+3
+3
+1
Improved Hybrid Form

4th
+3
+4
+4
+1
Animal aspect 2/day, Improved Sanctify Natural Attack 1d4

5th
+3
+4
+4
+1
Improved damage reduction (+Y/silver)

6th
+4
+4
+4
+2
Animal aspect 3/day, Faster Change

7th
+4
+5
+5
+2
-

8th
+6
+6
+6
+2
Animal aspect 4/day, Improved Sanctify Natural Attack 1d6

9th
+6
+6
+6
+3
Quick Change

10th
+7
+7
+7
+3
Animal aspect 5/day, Improved Damage Reduction (Magic and Silver)

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Silver Moon Hunters gain no proficiency with any Weapon, Armor, or Shield.

Weakened Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): The DC of the Fortitude save required to avoid contracting lycanthropy from a Silver Moon Hunter’s bite attack decreases by an amount equal to his Silver Moon Hunter level.

Lycanthropic Spell (Ex): A Silver Moon Hunter with spellcasting ability can cast spells normally in his animal or hybrid form, as though he were a Druid in-Wild Shape using the Natural Spell feat.

Wild Items (Ex): A Silver Moon Hunter can use armor with the Wild special ability, a wilding clasp, or any similar item designed for a Druid to use while in Wild Shape. For the purpose of using such items, all the Silver Moon Hunter’s lycanthropic forms count as Wild Shapes.

Animal Aspect (Su): Starting at 2nd level, a Silver Moon Hunter gains the ability to take on limited characteristics of his animal form while remaining in his humanoid form. Once per day, he can gain the Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution of his animal form without actually adopting that shape. In addition, his natural armor bonus increases by +2. All these changes last for 1 minute per Silver Moon Hunter level. The Silver Moon Hunter can use this ability twice per day at 4th level, three times per day at 6th level, four times per day at 8th level, and five times per day at 10th level.

Wild Empathy (Ex): A Silver Moon Hunter of 2nd level or higher can use body language, vocalizations, and demeanor to improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions like the Druid class feature of the same name, except that the character adds his Silver Moon Hunter level to his 1d20 roll instead of his Druid level. Furthermore, he gains a +8 racial bonus (rather than the normal +4) when using this ability with normal or dire animals of the same kind as his animal form.
If the Silver Moon Hunter also has the Wild Empathy ability from another class (such as Druid or Ranger), levels of that class stack with his Silver Moon Hunter levels for the purpose of determining the bonus on the Wild Empathy check.

Improved Hybrid Form (Ex): At 3rd level, a Silver Moon Hunter gains the ability to use his animal form's special attacks while in hybrid form.

Improved Sanctify Natural Attack (Su): At 4th level, a Silver Moon Hunter deals an additional 1d4 points of Good damage with each successful natural attack, rather than the 1 point that the Sanctify Natural Attack feat allows. When dealing damage to Evil Outsiders and Evil Undead, the Natural Attack deals 1d8 of damage. When he reaches 8th level, the Good damage he deals with a natural attack increases to 1d6 points, or 2d4 to Evil Outsiders and Evil Undead.

Improved Damage Reduction (Su): When the Silver Moon Hunter reaches 5th level, his lycanthropic damage reduction improves by 5 points to 10/silver if he is an afflicted lycanthrope, or to 15/silver if he is a natural lycanthrope. When he reaches 10th level, his damage reduction can be bypassed only by magic silver weapons.

Faster Change (Ex): A Silver Moon Hunter of at least 6th level can change to or from animal or hybrid form as a move action rather than a standard action.

Quick Change (Ex): A 9th-level or higher Silver Moon Hunter can change to or from animal or hybrid form as a free action.

While once again looking at the possibility of a Lycanthrope (N)PC, I realized that while Black Blood Hunter is an amazing PrC for Lycans, it's sorely shoehorned into being an Evil character, due to its prerequisites, and for its class abilities.

For those who are too lazy to look up the prerequisites, the ones I cared about were the feat Vile Natural Attack, and the patron Malar. These two were explicitly Evil, and I felt that, while good for most Lycanthropes, still singled out some of the good ones. Neutral ones are pretty fine though, and still are for the adjusted PrC. So I did a bit of digging, and found that the feat Sanctify Natural Attack was pretty much the opposite of Vile Natural Attack, right down to the prerequisites. And as for Malar, more research revealed Selūne as his opposite, at least for what I intended for the PrC.

As for the class's abilities, the Greater Curse of Lycanthropy of course makes it easier for the Lycan to pass on his curse. I realized that a good lycanthrope would probably not want to pass on their curse, as they would view it as such. So I basically reversed the idea for the class, making it much harder to accidentally give someone Lycanthropy (aside from critical fails). And in improving the Sanctify Natural Attack, it makes it a bit better for fighting Evil Creatures in general, as well as being less permanently harmful to any target.

Basically, I decided to make this prestige class what Avenger is to Assassin. So this is the Silver Moon Hunter.