PDA

View Full Version : Oragami Golems

D Knight
2007-05-29, 11:54 PM
to think that a paper dog springs to life and attacks. looks harmless as air but as deadly as an assians blade. no 2 folds alike like a person.

To create Animate Obj, Permanacy, Enlarge Obj, Iron Wood
(here is where i need help)
DC to fold creature..............10
magical creature...15
constructs...........20
if creature as a certan color the paper must be of that color in order to work correctly.
hp are reduced by 1/2 the orginal creature
the different types of beads give different powers
Red +2HD
Green has damage reduction 1/-
Blue cast cure light wounds (caster lv 2)
Silver incerssed AC by 4

avtar by threeshades

aaron_the_cow
2007-05-30, 04:20 PM
that sounds cool! you might whant to make it so that you can put beads on them or somthing like that to give them extra HD

D Knight
2007-05-30, 06:45 PM
hey thanks i am suprized that i did not think of that sooner.
update is no its way

DracoDei
2007-05-30, 08:06 PM
I never heard of beads going on Origami...

jindra34
2007-05-30, 08:08 PM
So whats the HD of one of these?

Korias
2007-05-30, 08:09 PM
Remember that all oragami is based off of PAPER. Ergo, These guys should take Quadruple Fire Damage.

D Knight
2007-05-31, 09:30 AM
the iron wood spell makes wood like iron so it will not take *4 fire damage
and HD are half for the creature made

"Ironwood is strong, heavy, and resistant to fire as steel" strait from the book

Marek
2007-05-31, 11:28 PM
Hate to be a rules lawyer, but...

"Ironwood is a magical substance created by druids from NORMAL wood."

Paper, or parchment as the case may be in your campaign, would not be 'normal' after it was processed from normal wood. Parchment, though thought of as wood, was in fact made of dried animal skin in pre-industrial era times. Though we have vegetable matter parchment nowadays, it is mostly used for baking for it's high resistance to heat. Paper, such as papyrus, could feasibly be used as a basis for the ironwood spell, though the wording of the spell would leave any DM worth his salt the chance to negate you.

Straight from wikipedia:

"Paper is a commodity of thin material produced by the amalgamation of fibers, typically vegetable fibers composed of cellulose, which are subsequently held together by hydrogen bonding. The most common source of these kinds of fibers is wood pulp from pulpwood trees, largely softwoods and hardwoods, such as spruce and aspen respectively. Other vegetable fiber materials including those of cotton, hemp, linen, and rice may be used.
"

Thus, the wood would no longer be natural, but processed, and thus not subject to the wording of Ironwood, at least in the humble opinion of this pixie DM.

DracoDei
2007-05-31, 11:37 PM
Specialized use of the spell incorporating it into the golem creature process bends the normal rules...
If you still don't like it bend the normal definition of Origami a bit and have them be made from gold sheeting instead of paper...

Nostri
2007-05-31, 11:39 PM
Maybe the Ironwood spell is cast in a special way to allow for it to effect the paper during the creation ritual? Similarly to how a Summon Monster spell is needed to make a Bane weapon despite the fact that you don't summon an orc everytime you swing that +1 bane vs humanoids longsword? :tongue:

Though your right about the way the spell is worded. If a player were just going to cast it on a sheet of paper I'd laugh a little and tell them the spell doesn't take hold.

D Knight
2007-06-01, 03:34 PM
Thanks for he input and i guess it time to make a new spell
to add to the spellbooks of druids. as soon as i can i will post the
the spell.