PDA

View Full Version : Question on Monster Taming in Rune Factory 3(potential spoilers)

Starwulf
2015-11-11, 12:00 AM
So I finally got around to loading up RF3(2 1/2 years after I played RF2), and I've currently finished the four dungeons, but am stuck in progress until I develop a relationship/strong friendship with someone in town that I can "tell my secret to". So while I'm doing that I'm increasing my collection of monsters, and I recently discovered the secret island in Privera forest that spawns bosses from the previous games. Can they be tamed? Or would it just be a waste of food to try? I'd love to have the greater demon or the mammoth in my collection ^^

TaRix
2015-11-15, 03:55 PM
As far as I can tell, no. However, you certainly can (with lots of expensive effort) recruit boss monsters in Rune Factory 4. I'm not sure if you can recruit all of them, though.

Starwulf
2015-11-20, 10:58 PM
As far as I can tell, no. However, you certainly can (with lots of expensive effort) recruit boss monsters in Rune Factory 4. I'm not sure if you can recruit all of them, though.

Wow, I totally didn't even see this response. It happened while I was in the hospital apparently, my apologies for not responding until now, I was just cruising through the forums looking to see what I missed(I've been out for a few days, but just now starting to really get my energy back) and I saw that someone finally had an answer. Sucks that I can't get the monsters from that island though, but ahh well! At least I have something to look forward to in RF4 instead :)

Hiro Protagonest
2015-11-20, 11:03 PM

You can't tame the final boss of the 3rd arc or either of the optional bosses that return from RF3. You can "tame" Ventuswill (actually just take her adventuring) with a late-game order.