PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew thread deletion

M Placeholder
2015-11-11, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone.

I have been redoing almost all the races that I converted from 3.5 to 5e, and I want to get rid of the old and busted threads and post the new hotness. This time, I actually used this table (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ViqLSEN67mmd2Lo_OJ-H5YX0fccsfI97kFaqx7V1Dmw/pub).

So could someone tell me how to wipe the old threads please?

Thank you!

Rawhide
2015-11-11, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone.

I have been redoing almost all the races that I converted from 3.5 to 5e, and I want to get rid of the old and busted threads and post the new hotness. This time, I actually used this table (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ViqLSEN67mmd2Lo_OJ-H5YX0fccsfI97kFaqx7V1Dmw/pub).

So could someone tell me how to wipe the old threads please?

Thank you!

How old are the old threads? If they haven't been posted to in 45 days, it's ok to just start a new thread and leave the old ones to decompose.

M Placeholder
2015-11-11, 12:08 PM
How old are the old threads? If they haven't been posted to in 45 days, it's ok to just start a new thread and leave the old ones to decompose.

Over 6 months, but they are linked to the 5e homebrew compendium, so just to make sure there is no confusion.

Rawhide
2015-11-11, 12:34 PM
Over 6 months, but they are linked to the 5e homebrew compendium, so just to make sure there is no confusion.

Who's maintaining the compendium? Just have them update the links to the new ones. Or possibly ask a moderator of that forum.

Twelvetrees
2015-11-13, 05:19 PM
Who's maintaining the compendium? Just have them update the links to the new ones. Or possibly ask a moderator of that forum.

I'm maintaining it. I realized something was up when I was updating the race section. It'll get figured out, I just haven't updated for a while.

Rawhide
2015-11-14, 01:49 AM
Oh, another thing you can do... If the old thread hasn't been closed for any particular reason, edit the first post to add a link to the new updated thread at the very top. But don't edit the rest, as that will confuse people who want to read the old conversations that went along with it, just add that link.

M Placeholder
2015-11-16, 02:55 PM
Thanks and duly noted.

And I'm now cool with the old posts still being there.