PDA

View Full Version : Soulknife with physical weapon?

gadren
2015-11-11, 12:23 PM
I was thinking about making an archetype for the pathfinder soulknife where the soulknife can't create weapons out of pure psychic energy, but can use his psionics to enhance physical weapons. So he gives up some of the flexibility of changing up his type of weapon on the fly, but can stack weapon enhancements (the straight enhancement bonuses wouldn't stack, but the soulknife could add mighty cleaving via Enhanced Mind Blade to his +1 shocking frost greatsword, etc.)

Would probably have to replace some other class features too.

Thoughts?

Dusk Eclipse
2015-11-11, 12:33 PM
The Augmented Blade from DSP's Soulnife Augmented pretty much does that already (they have to attach their psycrystal to the weapon though).

gadren
2015-11-11, 12:44 PM
The Augmented Blade from DSP's Soulnife Augmented pretty much does that already (they have to attach their psycrystal to the weapon though).

Ah, good to know someone did the work for me already. Now I just need to find it. Doesn't appear to be on d20pfsrd

Dusk Eclipse
2015-11-11, 12:46 PM
It is still being playtested. First Archetype on this doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XZ7YUgvH7vgDqJvJs8vaQYCPV6K6wh8YAbW_ElFUHX4/edit?usp=sharing)

gadren
2015-11-11, 12:48 PM
It is still being playtested. First Archetype on this doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XZ7YUgvH7vgDqJvJs8vaQYCPV6K6wh8YAbW_ElFUHX4/edit?usp=sharing)

Thanks, just found it myself :)

SangoProduction
2015-11-11, 07:06 PM
Incarnum Blade?

gadren
2015-11-11, 07:34 PM
Incarnum Blade?

Not familiar with that, elaborate?

Dusk Eclipse
2015-11-11, 07:35 PM
It is a prestige class from Magic of Incarnum, it was an iron chef ingredient, so take that as you will as how good the class is.

twas_Brillig
2015-11-12, 07:53 AM
It's worth noting that the Augmented Blade doesn't do exactly what you're talking about here. You overwrite, rather than augmenting, existing enhancements, IIRC.

gadren
2015-11-12, 10:03 AM
It's worth noting that the Augmented Blade doesn't do exactly what you're talking about here. You overwrite, rather than augmenting, existing enhancements, IIRC.

Yeah, well since I was going to just house-rule up an archetype in the first place anyways, I'll just rule that the Augmented Blade actually... augments.

I as actually suggesting they do this in the beta discussion thread for this book, but everyone's all "NOOO, the soulknife is SO POWERFUL already!"
:smallconfused:

SangoProduction
2015-11-12, 02:19 PM
Yeah, well since I was going to just house-rule up an archetype in the first place anyways, I'll just rule that the Augmented Blade actually... augments.

I as actually suggesting they do this in the beta discussion thread for this book, but everyone's all "NOOO, the soulknife is SO POWERFUL already!"
:smallconfused:

Can you point them to these forums?

meemaas
2015-11-12, 06:40 PM
The beta discussion thread was on these forums. In fact, it's written by the same person who wrote Path of War. What he added did step the soulknife up in power a level.

gadren
2015-11-12, 06:42 PM
Can you point them to these forums?

I don't think that'd do much good. A large portion of the Paizo forum posters seem to be of the opinion that CharOp is a dirty word and we're all just munchkiny cheese-weasels over here at the OotS forums.

You are free to post over there, though: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2sfda&page=4?Dreamscarred-Press-Psionics-Augmented-Soulknife#199