PDA

View Full Version : Undead Animals

asqwasqw
2007-05-30, 10:50 AM
How would you recommend making animals undead? How would you modify their stats, skills, feats, hp, etc? And how would an undead caster summon them? Normally, at higher level, or what?

B!shop
2007-05-30, 10:55 AM
I usually think of undead animals as zombies and skeletons with some changes (attacks, speeds), if they aren't a specific undead monster.

So if a necromancer create a zombie from a dead horse, it will have the same stats from the zombie, with different attacks (hooves/bite) with the same damage as living horses.

Yuki Akuma
2007-05-30, 10:57 AM
Uh... using Animate Dead?

...Animals can be skeletons and zombies, too. They're corporeal creatures, you know.

...Just follow the instructions in the skeleton and zombie templates. Unless you want a vampiric wolf or something...

Pauwel
2007-05-30, 11:07 AM
Whenever I'm playing an even slightly necrocentric wizard, I love creating skeleton horses with Animate Dead and riding them into town. It doesn't usually end well, though.

Smiley_
2007-05-30, 11:54 AM
I would assign the animal the statistics of a skeleton or zombie it's size (and maybe Hit dice), but include natural AC(at a minus 2 penalty for some creatures like crocodiles) and natural weapons such as bite. Special attacks like rend should also be kept.

Krrth
2007-05-30, 03:12 PM
If you *really* want to use undead animals, I'd recommend getting Liber Mortis. Otherwise, just use the undead template (after all, this is what it's there for) from the monster manual.