PDA

View Full Version : Adventures In Soltairn (In-Game)

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 01:04 PM
Korasyl, here, welcoming any outsiders to witness the grand adventure of three courageous heroes.

May I present to you:

ADVENTURES IN SOLTAIRN!

Starting today, outsiders can witness the adventurers as they progress through the story. If anyone not registered to play IC attempts to join in or comment, they WILL be reported.
(That's what OOC is for. :P)

Summarizations of each day will be posted here, on the main thread.

Enjoy the show, and welcome players...

To Soltairn.

OOC Thread Link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?458201-Adventures-in-Soltairn-(OOC)&p=20064209#post20064209

Current Events: So far, our adventurers have made it to the woodland town of Avarra. After a brief conversation with the guards, they made their way into the secret town.

They were greeted at the gate by a gleeful half-elf named Nilif, who offered to give them a tour of the Town, for 5 Copper. They agreed, and have now begun the tour.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 01:08 PM
The Mask stands next to Amber, surveying the area. Why are we here?

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 01:19 PM
Excellent Question~

For reasons unbeknownst to you and your party, each and every single one of you had been overcome with the oddest desire to travel to the town of Avarra..

Each of you had been on your separate ways, doing what pleased you the most, when you all ended up here together, for an unknown reason.

As you stand at the gate of the town, with its solemn walls standing roughly 12 feet tall above you, you all see two Guards standing near the gate, lackadaisically poised with a shortsword over their shoulder, unaware of your presences.

To your left, as well as your right, is the entrance to the woods from which you came through.

All in all, it is high noon, and the day is yours to be made!

What will you do?

Order of turns in Non-Combat Scenario:
1) The Mask
2) Amber
3) Ren

2015-11-11, 02:10 PM
Shrugging, Amber wandered towards the gate with a smile on her face. "Hi!" she said in cheerful greeting, getting the guards attention.

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 02:21 PM
Both of the Guards look up at you nonchalantly as you greet them.

*YAWN* "What can I do ya, for, Madaam?" The Guard to the left taps his shortsword gently against his armored shoulder, a soft *clink* echoing as he does so.

The other Guard simply stares at you, seeming not to care about your sudden appearance as he looks around, bored.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 02:39 PM
Experience the blissful embrace of death, The Mask grumbles to itself.

2015-11-11, 02:40 PM
She shrugged. "Just like making new friends and hearing rumors. Name's Amber, how 'bout you two?"

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 02:50 PM
The Guard to the left shrugs, and sheathes his sword as he extends a hand towards Amber.
"Well met, I suppose.. I'm Pilaf, and that's Grennet."

Grennet simply snorted, not caring to speak.

Shaking his head, Pilaf turned back to Amber.
"Don't mind him.. He can be a bit of a gruff, really."
Might I ask what your business is, here at Avarra?"

He gazes at you questioningly.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 02:52 PM
Feasting on the souls of the innocent and damned alike, The Mask continues to say under her lack of breath.

2015-11-11, 02:59 PM
A winning smile splitting her face, Amber replies "Passing through to ply my trade is all. I'm a minstrel, you see," she says, despite carrying no apparent instruments.

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 03:07 PM
Pilaf looks quizzically at Amber, noticing the lack of instruments upon her person.

"Is that so..? Well then, perhaps you wouldn't mind a performance?" He smiled, satisfied that he may have just saw through a "bluff".

Grennet, however, notices Mask standing a distance away, and stares at her in confusion.

o - o?

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 03:09 PM
The Mask stares at Grennet.

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 03:41 PM
"What... What is THAT?"
Grennet points towards Mask, utterly confused.

2015-11-11, 04:16 PM
"Hmm? Oh! That's my little friend Mask," Amber says, scooping up the murderous doll in her arms. "Isn't she adorable?" she asks, nuzzling the doll with her cheek.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 04:18 PM
If you were not the Reaper's servant I would slit your throat open now.

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 04:27 PM
At that remark, both Grennet and Pilaf look at eachother, shocked and slightly frightened..

Grennet lowers his shortsword, its gleaming edge catching the light from the sun as he readies himself, in case of a fight.

Pilaf clears his throat, and speaks, his voice slightly shaky.
"E..Er.. Are you g-gonna cause any trouble in the city..?"
He placed a hand on his sword hilt softly, ready to draw and defend if need be.

What do you respond?

2015-11-11, 04:44 PM
Amber gives out a slightly exasperated sigh. "Mask, could you go play with Ren for a minute?" she asked, putting the doll down once more. Mask acquiesced, and Amber turned her attention to the guards, keeping her voice low. "I love that kid, but she's got a screw loose somewhere in that little head of hers. You here about that nasty business over in Bonta?" at the look of recognition in the guard's eyes, she continued: "Some psycho killer on the loose or something. By the time me and Ren rolled through, little Mask was one of the handful left alive. We managed to find the killer and...deal with him, but Mask saw us."

She grows a little uncomfortable, but continues anyway: "I'm not usually one for violence, but when they'd killed so many...I couldn't hold myself back from doing the same to them. Mask saw and is...convinced I'm Death Incarnate or something. She took to following us around and...well, I couldn't just let her starve in the wilderness, so now she's part of our little group."

"We're not here to cause trouble, just making our way in the world. She's a handful sometimes, but she's one of us, and we take care of our own."

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 04:46 PM
The Mask continues to grumble under her breath, too quietly for the guards to hear. Rip your entrails out and devour your blood to fill my porcelain shell...

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 04:51 PM
Grennet looked unconvinced, his eyes glaring at Mask with unbridled suspicion.

However... Pilaf's hand went from his sword's grip to Grennet's shoulder. Upon looking up at his companion's gaze, he grumbled to himself, and walked over towards a small hole in the wall, where a pair of eyes became clear as he grumbled something incomprehensible.

"I can.. Understand your plight, M'Lady. It's just... With all of the Hierarchy's misdoings, it's become really hard to trust anyone nowadays.."

He leaned in closer to Amber, and whispered into her ear.

"Rumor has it, we are the only town left standing that houses elves... The rest have been slaughtered to piles of dust and stone."

He looked up at you, sorrow in his eyes, but he quickly shook it away as he smiled once more.
"We should fine, though. Our village is hidden within this mass of Forest, so the Hierarchy will have a hard time locating us."

The gates to the city swung open slowly, and Grennet walked back to his position, a scowl quite apparent on his face as he glared at the party.

"Please, no troublemaking in the town." Pilaf sighed softly, and rubbed the back of his neck.

What would you like to do now?

2015-11-11, 05:53 PM
Amber nods solemnly at his story. "Nasty business all around, yeah. Hopefully we'll be out of your hair soon, due to things going back to normal." Waving to her companions, she said "We won't be causing any trouble here, sir," and she meant it. Walking in (and breathing a sigh of relief that she hadn't drawn her weapon to show off how cool her instrument was), she took in the town they'd come to, keeping an eye out for anything resembling a tavern or inn.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 05:56 PM
The Mask follows along behind Amber, keeping an eye out for anyone isolated and alone enough to be stealthily slain. Failing that, it keeps an eye open for a butcher's shop, where it can get some nice, raw meat and blood.

Elbeyon
2015-11-11, 06:14 PM
Ren follows after while giving a courteous nod to the guards. Past the gate she unconsciously tugs the hair over her ears. "We should look for a place to sleep. We don't know how long we'll be here." Bits of excitement flicker in her eyes as she looks around Avarra. A new place, new sights to see, she keeps an eye out for the local stores.

Korasyl
2015-11-12, 01:33 PM
Pilaf waves you all in, a solemn smile on his face while he signals for the gates-man to close it once you cross the threshold into the town.

The sounds of rustling leaves, chittering animals, and drifting voices greets each of your ears as you take in Avarra.

Trees and plants alike line the cobblestone pathways that signify roads, while treehouses and living quarters sit high above the ground, accessible by the tree on which each sits. Humans and elves gather in the streets and walk amongst the town, reveling in the pleasantries that social activity has to offer. Wild birds swoop amongst the townsfolk, who merely take in each sight as a normal, everyday occurrence. Just as well, various animals frolic through the town, stopping to nuzzle against many of the children who are at play.

After various amounts of sight-seeing, you three are greeted by a lone half-elf, whose brown scraggly hair hung slightly over his face. His bright blue tunic was slightly roughed up, though it still had a bit of decency with it. His piercing, hazel eyes glanced among the three of you, and he took a humble yet jovial bow as he introduced himself.

"Greetings, newcomers~ I am Nilif, the Town Crier."He winked softly, and said in a slightly hushed voice. "Though, I'm more like the Jester 'round here. I get so much food thrown at me sometimes: All in good spirit though!"

He smiled, then shook his head as he got off track. "Forgive me, I'm getting sidetracked already.
I'd be more than happy to give you three a tour of the city, to point out every building. All I ask for is 5 copper, if you can spare it?"He extended his hand gently, not meaning to be rude. "I do have to feed myself, after all.."

Nilif has offered to give you a tour of Avarra for 5 CP.
What would you all like to do? He seems like he'd be happy to answer any question you may have.

2015-11-12, 02:45 PM
"Greeting, Nilif," shaking his hand. "I'm Amber, and these are my companions Ren and Mask...and we'd love a tour, if it's not too much trouble," she added with a smile.

Korasyl
2015-11-13, 12:47 AM
Nilif smiles back pleasantly, and as he finished shaking Amber's hand, he gestured comically for you three to follow. "Alright, then! We shall start our tour at the housing district..." He walked slowly, but elegantly as he pointed from house to house; Each one sat situated in a tree of its own, where a rope ladder led up from the ground to the "front door" of the house.
"Many people come here to escape the cruelties of the Hierarchy - Damn those bastards - and usually find themselves sharing houses with friendly residents."

He glanced back at the party, and make a quick counting gesture. "The three of you, with sufficient enough coin, could probably rent out the last house. It's virtually empty, so you could make it as cozy as home!"

You walk through various streets and etcetera, stopping only when Nilif signals for you to stop. In front od him stands a rather large building, with various kids playing about a large, open field in front of the building. The biilding itself was not much. It was more of a miniature Gothic Cathedral, with its high-rises and pillars of wood holding aloft the awning above the porch. A few cracked windows can be seen, but otherwise the building seems structurally sound.

This here.." Nilif says after clearing his throat a bit, "Is the orphanage. Most of the kids here lost their parents to the wildlife outside the walls, as they went to gather food ans the like.." Nilif's eyes kept drifring off to the left slightly, but he quickly revertz his gaze back to the party. "Any questions before we continue?"

What will you each do?

JNAProductions
2015-11-13, 01:09 AM
How do the orphans taste? The Mask asks.

2015-11-13, 02:08 AM
"With their tongues, I would hope," Amber said, rolling her eyes. Turning her attention back to their no-doubt frazzled guide, she mouthed 'long story', before asking Not sure how long we'll end up staying in town, so renting a house might not be the best idea...is there an inn, perhaps?"

Korasyl
2015-11-13, 10:53 AM
Slightly confused by the Porcelain Doll's comment, he shook his head, and replied back with a grin.

"Ah, yes there is, actually. The Sleeping Elf Tavern!" He pointed towards the north, which was obscured heavily by trees within the town. "Best Tavern in the world, in my opinion. Though, we'd have to go back up the road and take a left."

He waved for the group to follow as he sauntered back down the road, towards the Sleeping Elf.

Each of you roll a Perception check as you walk down the road between the houses.

JNAProductions
2015-11-13, 11:22 AM
[roll0]

You try my patience, Amber. You really do, The Mask grumbles.

Korasyl
2015-11-13, 12:28 PM
[roll0]

Mask is barely able to percept rustling and banging coming from the house to the right, but a small, muffled scream reaches her ears as she walks by.

JNAProductions
2015-11-13, 12:32 PM
The Mask's face turns upward in a slight grin, and it keeps walking on, pointedly ignoring the screams of the innocent.

In the future, you might want to spoiler info like that so only I can read it.

Korasyl
2015-11-13, 01:11 PM
Both the Mask and Amber continue to follow Nilif as he jaunts down the road, saying various quips about Avarra.

"This place is home to the last few elfs who still defy the Hierarchy. The rest fled north over the land-bridge, to escape this terrible place. Thankfully, we're hidden from such monstrosities as the Hierarchy."

"Avarra was originally just a tangled mass of forest.. At least, until people began settling here. Now it's a wonderful woodland town~"

Nilif leads you back to the main road, where multitudes of people chat idly about. "Shall we get to the Tavern?"

Is there anything you guys would like to do before Nilif shows you the next section of the town?

Duly noted. XD Apologies

JNAProductions
2015-11-19, 04:05 PM
The Mask stares blankly, completely uninterested in the tour.

Yes, move on.

2015-11-19, 04:12 PM
"Tavern sounds nice," Amber replied, a bit suspicious of Mask's sudden smile from before.