PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Advice Heroic level boots?

Jak
2015-11-11, 03:17 PM
So, I'm looking to buy a pair of boots. I know it's just a game, but it has to be a cliche for a reason, right? Is there such a thing as adventuring boots? The kind of foot armor you wear in the desert, jumping over lava, and while sailing a ship or swordfighting? Price isn't that much of an object. I'm seeing this as a long term investment. I'd be wearing these day in and day out for a long period of time, and having them repaired as needed. Anyone heard of such a thing? If not, could you guys point me in the right direction of who to ask, or where to look?

TheThan
2015-11-11, 04:25 PM
Try punching “adventure boots” into Google. I did and it came up with some boots that might work for the look you’re going for. Give it a shot and see.

You see boots are usually built for specific jobs (yes there is crossover) and rely a lot on function over form. Here’s a brief rundown:

Sport boots: made for sports these are rugged and usually purpose built for a specific sport. Hiking boots; fishing waders; motocross boots you get the idea.

Work boots: made for doing out-door blue collar type work these boots run the gamut from standard steel toed boots to specialized cleated boots like logger boots.

Equestrian boots: for riding horses. These run the gamut as well; from cowboy boots to jack boots these are built for horses.

Military boots: highly rugged boots built for combat in mind. They are tall high top boots and usually lack the ventilation and are typically heavier than hiking boots.

fashion boots: built for form over function, these run the gamut as well, some are low top some are thigh high. It all depends on how good you look in them.

Upon thinking about it; if you want something totally functional; look into military boots.

The Great Wyrm
2015-11-11, 05:32 PM
There are also snow boots, which are heavily insulated. Your feet would overheat if you wore them inside for long periods, however.

Jak
2015-11-11, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I actually started by typing "adventure boots" into Google, and all I got was motorcycle riding boots. The military boots might be what I'm looking for, but this is the part where I kind of have form in mind. I'm think I'm looking for a older style boot. Like, think legend of Zelda. Though, I did like the style of the adventure boots I saw on Google, it's just that they didn't seem like boots you would run around in.

Gnomvid
2015-11-12, 07:27 AM
Legend of zelda boots?
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=legend+of+zelda+boots&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=gYVEVqWLPIL-atX3k7gN#q=legend+of+zelda+boots&tbm=shop

thirsting
2015-11-12, 07:50 AM
I just saw someone wearing something very similar to these. Seriously. Maybe wrong kind of heroic shoes though :smalltongue:
http://nk_wp_media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/2014/10/adidas-originals-js-wings-gold-1.jpg

Jak
2015-11-12, 07:55 AM
Legend of zelda boots?
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=legend+of+zelda+boots&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=gYVEVqWLPIL-atX3k7gN#q=legend+of+zelda+boots&tbm=shop

Yeah, that's the style, alright. I'm after that style of boot, or something fairly similar, and the function of some of the military boots I've seen.

You know, maybe I should find a custom boot maker and just show them what I want.
People still do that these days, right?

I just saw someone wearing something very similar to these. Seriously. Maybe wrong kind of heroic shoes though :smalltongue:
http://nk_wp_media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/2014/10/adidas-originals-js-wings-gold-1.jpg

Those are rad :smallamused:

Flickerdart
2015-11-12, 10:27 AM
You know, maybe I should find a custom boot maker and just show them what I want.
People still do that these days, right?

Custom anything is going to cost you big time, but I think there's a big enough market for hand-crafted leather goods that you'll have no problem finding somebody.

Peelee
2015-11-12, 10:57 AM
Oh man. I have these epic boots I bought for an Austrian trip back in '04 (the year the Christmas tsunami hit is how I'm dating this). Just wanted something relatively inexpensive that wouldn't let me slip when walking around the snowy mountainous terrain. These things are glorious. Rugged, long-lasting, grippy like you wouldn't believe, great comfort (hell, the lining actually comes out and can be used as house booties), just badass all around. Only ran me some 70-odd dollars. I'll have to snap a picture when I get home.

Blackhawk748
2015-11-12, 08:00 PM
Sons of Sandlar have excellent leather boots, they also have a lifetime warranty on the sole. The only thing im sad about is that i didnt spring for buttons, do that.

Jak
2015-11-13, 11:51 AM
Oh man. I have these epic boots I bought for an Austrian trip back in '04 (the year the Christmas tsunami hit is how I'm dating this). Just wanted something relatively inexpensive that wouldn't let me slip when walking around the snowy mountainous terrain. These things are glorious. Rugged, long-lasting, grippy like you wouldn't believe, great comfort (hell, the lining actually comes out and can be used as house booties), just badass all around. Only ran me some 70-odd dollars. I'll have to snap a picture when I get home.

Sounds promising. I'd love to see what kind of boots the Australians have invented to deal with their spider problem.

Sons of Sandlar have excellent leather boots, they also have a lifetime warranty on the sole. The only thing im sad about is that i didnt spring for buttons, do that.

This. This is the kind of thing/company I was looking for. Thank you =)

Leon
2015-11-13, 11:56 AM
Sounds promising. I'd love to see what kind of boots the Australians have invented to deal with their spider problem.

We have all sorts of boots, how you deal with the spider problem is to check your boots before you put them on.

Flickerdart
2015-11-13, 01:16 PM
an Austrian trip

Australians

You're a couple thousand kilometres off there.

Peelee
2015-11-13, 03:58 PM
Yeah, if you're made of money. Checked 'em out at the TN Renfair a year back - seemed like they would make decent Jedi boots. Way overpriced for what I needed, but looked impressive as hell.

You're a couple thousand kilometres off there.
Thank you for that, good sir.

And yes, I do realize my memory is crap and I forgot to take a picture. Tonight I'll try again.