PDA

View Full Version : Goultard-Round Two [IC]

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 05:00 PM
As you travel through the canyon, you see standing about 100' ahead of you a lone man, wearing nothing but a pair of pants and chains on his arms. Uthal! he calls. A pleasure to see you and your compatriots!

Forum Explorer
2015-11-11, 05:19 PM
Nick-Knack the Invincible! was currently riding on Stampy, his armoured War Elephant. At the greeting he stands up, and stares imperiously down at the man. Indeed it is! But we have not come so you can bask in my reflected glory, but to challenge the one known as Goultard, Slayer of the Seekers of Hot Sauce! Do you know where he can be found? his nasally, gnomish voice carrying easily across the canyon.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 05:21 PM
Ah, come to challenge me, have you? Be warned-I won't hold back, he says. Do you need any time to ready yourselves?

Magikeeper
2015-11-11, 05:28 PM
"Do we!? DO WE?" Jeff leans towards his nearest compatriot "Do we?"

Forum Explorer
2015-11-11, 05:28 PM
Ah, come to challenge me, have you? Be warned-I won't hold back, he says. Do you need any time to ready yourselves?

You are Goultard? You are hardly as impressive as the legends would have me believe! Why, I almost think I could take you on myself! But no, I am generous to a fault, and I shall allow my companions to share in the credit of your defeat! I am ready at any time, but perhaps my companions need some time to prepare.

Magikeeper
2015-11-11, 05:30 PM
Jeff nods. "He's Nick-Knack the Invincible, y'know. With an uppercase I and everything."

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 05:31 PM
Looks can be deceiving, my young friend. Though I confess, such kindness brings a tear to my eye, he says with an overdramatic wiping of his eyes. For that, you might be the last to die, he adds with a hearty chuckle.

Forum Explorer
2015-11-11, 05:37 PM
Jeff nods. "He's Nick-Knack the Invincible, y'know. With an uppercase I and everything."

You forgot the exclamation mark. Nick-Knack the Invincible! corrected, But I suppose that is close enough. Have a boon. he said, waving his wand.
Casting Longstrider on Jeff.

Looks can be deceiving, my young friend. Though I confess, such kindness brings a tear to my eye, he says with an overdramatic wiping of his eyes. For that, you might be the last to die, he adds with a hearty chuckle.

Of course it means I'll be the last to die! That's what Invincible means!

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 05:39 PM
Of course it means I'll be the last to die! That's what Invincible means!

So you know you're going to die? Well, glad you knew that coming in-I hate having to sort out affairs afterward. Paperwork, family members yelling... Much easier to just get a favor from Feca and resurrect the dead. he says.

Forum Explorer
2015-11-11, 05:43 PM
So you know you're going to die? Well, glad you knew that coming in-I hate having to sort out affairs afterward. Paperwork, family members yelling... Much easier to just get a favor from Feca and resurrect the dead. he says.

Is there a lot of paperwork in the afterlife? After all, I shall be dying after you, of course. And the rest of reality.

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 05:44 PM
Morry simply stood behind Mr. Invincible, his long black hair obscuring his face like a black curtain, save his left eye, which was bloodshot and wide open; It's sapphire-blue gaze examined his quarry, analyzing every detail he could find.

I'm here. ^^
THIS will be my color for the event.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 05:48 PM
Is there a lot of paperwork in the afterlife? After all, I shall be dying after you, of course. And the rest of reality.

Such confidence! On second thought, you might be the first to go, Goultard says.

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 05:53 PM
Morry glanced up at the Deity, his gaze (though wide-eyed) was nonetheless bland and unexcited.

"Are... Are you SUPPOSED to be intimidating...?"
His melancholic voice echoed behind Knick-Nack.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 05:55 PM
Not really, no. I find most people aren't intimidated until it's too late, he says. Now, enough talking- he continues, dropping down into a fighting stance, a bbroken blade appearing in his hand. -you have ten seconds until I start the fight.

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 05:59 PM
Not really, no. I find most people aren't intimidated until it's too late, he says. Now, enough talking- he continues, dropping down into a fighting stance, a bbroken blade appearing in his hand. -you have ten seconds until I start the fight.

On that note, Morry calmly donned his shield on his right arm, raising his main hand to let a small bit of eldritch energy float upon his palm.

He looked towards Knick-Nack and Jeff, a wide, ferocious grin flashing his teeth beneath his hair.
"Aww.. He thinks he's a threat! That's adorable."
He stared at Jeff more intently.
"Might wanna be careful.. The first three rows are gonna be a splash zone!"

He then cackled maniacally, and reared up defensively to face the Deity.
(Defensive Ready)

Forum Explorer
2015-11-11, 05:59 PM

Bububububup! Our final companion has yet to say anything. Nick-Knack the Invincible! said, holding up a finger imperiously.

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 06:00 PM
Don't care, eight seconds.

Korasyl
2015-11-11, 06:03 PM
Morry thinks to himself in happenstance:

* Okay, I'm going to wait in a defensive position with my shield at the ready. If he gets within striking distance of me, I'm going to roll out, evading any attack he may have. *

(Ready Defensive Position, and Reaction upon Goultard reaching striking distance to dodge.)

*My Heavy Crossbows are also pre-loaded. ^^

JNAProductions
2015-11-11, 06:04 PM
ac 23
hp 283

UrsusArctos
2015-11-11, 06:15 PM
"As always, I shall fight with honor and dignity, and I hope you shall as well! Let the fight begin! IOP, SEND US A WARRIOR TO ASSIST US!"

Cast Conjure Celestial from 7th level spot, for a Couatl. Also, I have cast Death Ward before combat.

Lightkeeper then began walking towards Iop, his greatsword of wounding clutched in both hands.

EDIT: Spoilers didn't work.

Magikeeper
2015-11-11, 06:21 PM
"Right, 123GO!" Jeff spreads his insect-like wings and takes flight, throwing out his arms to fire a couple of spikes Goultard's way.

Alright, let's see if I remember how to roll dice... also, Goultard's going to reflect one of these and it's going to hurt. :P

Fly 20' back, 20' up and hover. Still within range thanks to sharpshooter.

Multiassault!
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

TWF
[roll4] [roll5]

Forum Explorer
2015-11-11, 06:23 PM
Very well, then I shall begin the festivities! Stampy, back up a step, if you please!

Casting Scorching Ray
[roll0] damage [roll1]
[roll2] damage [roll3]
[roll4] damage [roll5]

Then Stampy will move backwards 15 40 feet.

any attack will trigger shield for +5 AC
AC 27 HP:164 Temp HP: 41 Disadvantage on attacks against Nick-Knack until he takes a hit.

Irish Musician
2015-11-11, 07:25 PM
Trist (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=618009), Werecat Rogue

Trist walked with his comrades. Going to see a god, he thought to himself, this should be very interesting. Werecats didn't tend to get interested in much in this world, but when someone says they are going to go fight a god....that will make their ears perk up and listen. He walked with the others in his cat form, sometimes hopping up and sitting on the head of the elephant.

When they arrived at the god's domain, he hopped off the elephant and walked forward, as he turned into his human form. A teenage boy stood there, bow in hand, with a smile that showed off his very point teeth. He started listening to the back and forth between his comrades and this "god". He started to drift off and get bored, until he heard the countdown. A voice echoed through his comrades' heads, "Nor will he hear me say anything." He let a laugh out, Keep him busy on the ground, I will take to the skies, unseen, and fire death upon him from above. Good Luck. With that the boy disappeared from sight and you hear him take off to the skies.

Pre-Game
Cast Invisibility on myself

1st Round
Action, Move, and Bonus - Move straight up in the air 90'

Korasyl
2015-11-13, 01:29 PM
Morry gazed at his quarry over his upraised shield, taking in each detail..

Taking a good few steps back, he raised his hand, delivering a barrage of Eldritch energy at Goultard.

After the blasts died down, he raised his shield, ready for any retaliation.

Move 20ft back, by backstepping.

ELDRITCH BLAST

Then readying my shield in defense.

Korasyl
2015-11-13, 06:04 PM
Rolls:

(1d20+10) [roll0] (1d10) [roll1]
(1d20+10) [roll2] (1d10) [roll3]
(1d20+10) [roll4] (1d10) [roll5]
(1d20+10) [roll6] (1d10) [roll7]

Damn. XD Nat 20, 1 damage

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 08:36 PM
HP 234
AC 23

Goultard first throws his chainsword into the air, the end of it wrapping around Trist. The werecat is yanked nearly 100' towards Goultard, ending directly next to him. He then grapples the poor being, and for good measure punches him in the skull. No escaping! But let's see if your friends can catch up, he says, dashing 100' away from the others.

Get over here cannot be failed.

[roll0] versus [roll1] for the grapple.

[roll2] for hit
[roll3] for damage

Irish Musician
2015-11-14, 09:25 PM
AC: 18
HP: 118/126

Trist flies up and just as he is getting higher, a chain yanks him down to the god, and then he is in the man's hands. He hears him talk of escaping and as the god runs away, speaks to his mind, You speak of no escaping, but what kind of god run from a challenge? Seems as though that is more of a coward's route. Trist then places a hand on the god's arm and tries to hold him where he stands.

Turn
Action - Hold person, his wis save [roll0], vs DC 18
Move + Bonus - Fly the other way 60' if he gets held.

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 09:31 PM
What fool faces an a greater force on their terms? he says. Divide and be conquered.

Magikeeper
2015-11-14, 09:33 PM
Jeff lets loose another volley after the running divinity, his aim fine enough to handle the distance even before flies after the duo.

"Hey, can anyone help Trist? I could catch up but I don't have a way to get him loose."

Jeff flies 50' closer (220' away -> 170' away, 20' up). [spikes w/1x longshot have 80'/240' range, sharpshooter feat avoids disadvantage]

Spikes:

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

HP: 233 [Yes, took Tough feat]
AC: 23

UrsusArctos
2015-11-14, 10:43 PM
This was not going well for Lightkeeper. Goultard was far out of his reach, and he could not touch him even with the farthest reaching of his spells. But he could bless himself and some of his allies closer to him. Ulthal then continued marching towards Goultard, still far away.

Casting Aid on myself, Jeff and Nick-Knack. Their max and total hit points increase by 5 each. Then walk another 30 feet towards Goultard to be 140 feet away.

AC 19
HP 170

Forum Explorer
2015-11-15, 12:51 AM
Tsk! Ignoring me? I'll make you regret that! Nick-Knack the Invincible! said, ordering Stampy to charge.

Only spells that have a range long enough, kinda suck, so I didn't take them.

So just moving 80 feet towards Goultard. Distance is now 160 feet.

AC: 27 HP: 169 Temp HP: 41

Hop on! Nick-Knack the Invincible! ordered as he passed Morray.

Korasyl
2015-11-15, 09:59 PM
Morry's eye widened ever farther as he saw Trist get grappled from thin air, only to have his gaze filled with anger as Goultard ran back with him.

"Y... You.. COWARD!" Morry shouted. Gazing around, he spotted Ulthal, and rushed forward to grab hold of his arm.

"You're coming with me..." Morry muttered, just as he vanished with Ulthal in a swirl of purple energy.

He reappeared directly behind the cowardly Deity with Ulthal in tow, and swung his war pick at his back.

Using his anger to fuel him, he then shot four beams of Eldritch energy at him, followed by another swing of his war pick before he teleported 30 backwards from the deity.

First, moving up to grab hold of Ulthal.

Next, Dimension Door, teleporting both of us 5ft behind Goultard.
Next, using Improved Battle Magic to bonus attack swing.

(1d20+11) [roll0] (1d8+4) [roll1]

1st Action Surge to cast Eldritch Blast

(1d20+10) [roll2] (1d10) [roll3]
(1d20+10) [roll4] (1d10) [roll5]
(1d20+10) [roll6] (1d10) [roll7]
(1d20+10) [roll8] (1d10) [roll9]

Then another War Pick swing

(1d20+11) [roll10] (1d8+4) [roll11]

Then Arcane Charge 30ft backwards, facing Goultard.

"Don't you dare run away!"

Edited to incorporate Ulthal.

JNAProductions
2015-11-16, 10:37 PM
HP 191
AC 23

Hey now-good job catching up! Shame about your friend, though, he says, waggling Trist in the air. See if you can save him before I finish him off, why don'tcha?

With that, Goultard turns into a blur of motion, weaving, dodging, and all around making it nigh-impossible to target him properly. He also takes the time to punch Trist a few times.

Dodge Action as a bonus action, spending one ki point. Down to 29.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

UrsusArctos
2015-11-16, 11:30 PM
Goultard was an ever changing flurry, but Ulthal's blade was guided by a divine power. He slashed at Goultard, his blade sure to strike true. He then conjured another blade to continue to parry Goultard as well, this one spiritual and glowing.

Ulthal makes a melee attack with his greatsword and uses Guided Strike. He has +21 to hit, so he'll only miss if he rolls a one. He then casts Spiritual Weapon from a 2nd level slot, which probably won't hit, but is good to have. He gets to reroll ones for the greatsword, so I might edit this post to do that. If he hits with the great sword, the damage can't be healed and inflicts 1 wound, which deals 1d4 damage to Goultard at the start of his turn. DC 15 Con to recover.

[roll1]
[roll]1d6 1d6 1d8 1d8+5

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

UrsusArctos
2015-11-16, 11:38 PM
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

That is both the d6s.
[roll]1d6
1d6

UrsusArctos
2015-11-16, 11:41 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

That adds up to 4+4+5+3+4=20

25 damage in total, 20 of which cannot be healed, 1 wound inflicted.

AC 19
HP 170

Magikeeper
2015-11-17, 12:18 AM
Jeff lets loose another pair of spikes while continuing his flight towards the dancing divinity.

"..I wonder if Trist is getting dizzy..."

Jeff flies 45' closer (170' away -> 125' away, 20' up). [spikes w/1x longshot have 80'/240' range, sharpshooter feat avoids disadvantage from range]

Spikes w/disadvantage from the dodge:

[roll0][roll1] [roll2]
[roll3][roll4] [roll5]

HP: 233 + 5 Temp [Yes, took Tough feat]

Forum Explorer
2015-11-17, 01:48 AM
Keep moving! Nick-Knack the Invincible encouraged Stampy, standing up and shooting when he got in range.

move 80 feet again, puts me at 80 feet away.

Casting Scorching Ray,

Ray 1
[roll0] Disadvantage [roll1]

Damage [roll2]

Ray 2
[roll3] Disadvantage [roll4]

Damage [roll5]

Ray 3
[roll6] Disadvantage [roll7]

Damage [roll8]

Irish Musician
2015-11-17, 10:14 AM

Slightly shaken up and punch-drunk, Trist flails about as the deity shakes him around and punches him in the face. Hoping that his magics will aid him this time, he tries to Hold the Deity at bay once again.

Turn
Action - Lets try this one more time, Hold Person, DC 18 - Hopefully he won't save THIS time [roll0]

Move and Bonus If he does get held, use my move and bonus to move 60ft away towards my other allies.

Korasyl
2015-11-17, 03:33 PM
Morry gazed at Goultard, with his graceful maneuvers..
And chuckled.

"Hehe... Try dodging this!" he whispered to himself.

He raised his arm at Goultard, and he hid his actual spell by calling out. "I got you, Trist! Once you get to my side, attack him!"
As he shouted this, he weaved an illusion of Trist teleporting next to himself, seemingly freed of Goultard's grasp.

Of course, it will only work if Goultard doesn't suspect. The two Trists might confuse him...

Casting Phantasmal Force on Goultard, making "Trist" appear next to me.

Spell Save DC: 18
Goultard's Roll: [roll0]

Regardless of the success or failure of the spell, Morry throws his War-Pick at him.

Disadvantaged
[roll1] [roll2]

[roll3]

JNAProductions
2015-11-17, 03:34 PM
Goultard, still bobbing and weaving, scratches his head in confusion. Thanks for the weapon, but you didn't do anything.

JNAProductions
2015-11-17, 11:54 PM
HP 150
AC 23

Goultard takes a moment to take stock of the situation, and decides the best way to move next is up. As he lands a few more punches on Trist, he zig-zags his way up the canyonside, ending in a perch about 50' up. Climb if you dare-oh, and Trist, you might want to hold on.

Dodge as a bonus action again. Down to 28 Ki.

Go 50' to the side of the canyon and 50' up the wall. About 100' below the top of the canyon.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Magikeeper
2015-11-18, 01:09 AM
Jeff flies higher as well, but otherwise keeps his distance.

"..hrm, this isn't looking good... maybe he'll drop the body..."

The ozodrin then proceeds to decorate the canyon wall with a series of missed shots.

Jeff flies 50' up (125' away, 70' up)

Spikes w/disadvantage from the dodge:

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

HP: 233 + 5 Temp

Forum Explorer
2015-11-18, 03:29 PM
I've had enough of your annoying running around. Stop it! Nick-Knack the Invincible! declared, waving his wand after steering Stampy closer.

Stampy moves another 80 feet closer.

Casting Hold Person, save [roll0] vs 19

falling damage if it applies [roll1]

Korasyl
2015-11-18, 04:50 PM
AC - 21
HP - 264/264

Morry grumbled to himself for his stupidity.. Gods can't be tricked that way!

As his War-Pick teleported to his left hand, he strode up as far as he could, sending beams of Eldritch at the Deity, while muttering a stream of curses.

First, bonus action to summon my War-Pick while I move 30ft closer to Goultard & the Cliff-Face.

Eldritch Blast (Advantaged)
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

Then various cussing. XD

EDIT: God, these rolls.. T~T

Irish Musician
2015-11-18, 05:49 PM
AC: - 18
HP - 94/126
Trist sees that Nick-Knack's spells hits Goultard and he stops mid-sentence and mid-air. Trist knows this is his chance to escape, and get away from the horribly annoying god.

Acrobatics Escape - [roll0]

Move + Bonus - Of course, again, if I escape, I fly the heck out of there. 60' in the opposite direction.
Trist pops right out of the god's hand and starts to fly the opposite direction away from the god, hoping to get as far away from him as possible.

UrsusArctos
2015-11-18, 10:29 PM
The couatl streams through the air, getting somewhat close to Goultard before he dashes off again. It then flies up to him, and and wraps around Goultard.

Ulthal ran closer to his opponent, but could not reach him. He raised his hand, and a blast of fire struck Goultard from the heavens.

The couatl spends the last turn (which it got skipped on moving closer). This turn, it gets into melee range and uses constrict on Goultard. If it hits, Goultard is grappled, escape DC 15.

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2]

Lightkeeper moves 30 feet closer to Goultard to end 20 feet away. He then uses Flame Strike, positioned so it doesn't hurt anyone but Goultard. Goultard automatically fails his Dex save.

Fire: [roll3]
Radiant: [roll4]

HP: 170
AC: 19

HP: 97

UrsusArctos
2015-11-18, 10:43 PM
Before Goultard had ran to the side of the canyon, Lightkeeper had attempted a slash with his sword.

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2]

In case of ones: [roll]1d6[r/roll] [roll3]

JNAProductions
2015-11-19, 03:53 PM
[roll0] Rolling rolling rolling.

Goultard stays stunned, unmoving.

HP 115
AC 23

Forum Explorer
2015-11-19, 04:04 PM
Can someone knock him down or something? Nick-Knack the Invincible! said, launching another barrage of firey bolts at him.

Scorching Ray again, Stampy moves to the base of the cliff.

[roll0] with advantage [roll1]
damage [roll2]

[roll3] with advantage [roll4]
damage [roll5]

[roll6] with advantage [roll7]
damage [roll8]

UrsusArctos
2015-11-19, 09:38 PM
The couatl floats up into the air, still wrapped around him, sinking it's teeth into him as it does so. As it approaches the top of the cannon, it unravels, dropping Goultard from his grasp to fall back down the bottom of the cannon.

Once he has fallen, Lightkeeper then fires a blast of holy fire at Goultard, burning him. He charges the god, and swings with his great sword once, sacrificing accuracy to deal a more devastating blow.

The couatl maintains it's grapple and flies 90 feet into the air. It then uses it's bite attack on Goultard and drops him, dealing a ton of falling damage. The couatl also has a poison, that Goultard can only fail on a crit miss. That said, if he does fail he gets knocked unconscious for a day, so might as well try.

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

Lightkeeper uses Sacred Flame. Goultard auto-fails the Reflex save. Lightkeeper then uses War Priest and Great Weapon Master to make an attack as a bonus action at -5 with +10 damage.

[roll5]

[roll6][roll7]
[roll8]+[roll9]+15

In case of ones or twos: [roll10][roll11]

The damage from the last attack can't be healed. It inflicts one wound, which will deal 1d4 necrotic damage to Goultard when he starts his turn.

[roll12]

EDIT: 84 Damage in total. I forgot AC's and health.

HP: 170

HP: 97

Magikeeper
2015-11-19, 10:47 PM
"I stand corrected! Things are looking up~"

The ozodrin takes aim and nails the divinity with a pair of spikes.

Jeff remains were he is (125' away, 70' up)

Spikes:

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Irish Musician
2015-11-20, 01:34 PM
Trist sees the frozen god get hit multiple times, still frozen, and knows this is his time to get some more distance from him. He places a hand upon himself and a wave of energy washes over him. A toothy smile grows on his face and he zooms up into the sky, and away from Goultard.

AC - (20)
HP - 94/126
Turn
60' from Goultard

Action - Haste, target’s speed is doubled, it gains a +2 bonus to AC, it has advantage on Dexterity saving throws, and it gains an additional action on each of its turns. That action can be used only to take the Attack (one weapon attack only), Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Object action.
Action, Move, Bonus - Move diagonally up and away from Goultard 240' (all movement doubled so 60', 60', and 60'), making Trist 300' from him now, in the air.

Korasyl
2015-11-20, 08:45 PM
Morry grinned maniacally as he watched Goultard get struck mercilessly, and stood where he was, hefting his shield and weapon in a defensive stance, awaiting for the next round-a-bout.

* Geez, I need better luck than this.... *

He then awaits for a strike from Goultard, ready to dodge any attack thrown at him.

Taking a Ready Action:

Morry will attempt to dodge if Goultard attempts any kind of action against him.

JNAProductions
2015-11-20, 08:56 PM
HP 304
AC 24

Goultard, free now of his magical bindings, rushes Ulthal. To my devoted follower, I give-A sword to the face! he says, his sword appearing in hand and becoming a flurry of motion that ravages the cleric's body and armor.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]

UrsusArctos
2015-11-20, 09:25 PM
Ulthal was struck repeatedly by Goultard, but his flesh was protected by divine energy, reducing the impact of the blows struck upon him. He tried to maintain his hold on the couatl he had summoned.

"I see you are well again, my god. Let our duel proceed as normal!" Ulthal then struck at Goultard with his sword, and called the spiritual sword closer, now only a short distance away.

If the couatl was still around, it would allow itself to fall and wrap itself around Goultard, then attempt to pull him skyward again.

First, concentration saves on Conjure Celestial, all with advantage. The DCs are 10, 10, 10, 11, 12, 10, 10. Ulthal has +10 to Con saves, so he succeeds all the tens and the eleven.

[roll0] or [roll1]

Then, Ulthal's attack.

[roll2]
[roll3]+[roll4]+5

In case of ones or twos: [roll5] [roll6]

And one wound: [roll7] or, in case of a one or two, [roll8]

Now the Spiritual Weapon is ten feet away.

The coautl, if it is still around.

[roll9]
[roll10] Goultard is grappled. The coautl flies 90 feet into the air with him and drops him again.

[roll11]

If the coautl missed, it stays in place.

HP 20
AC 19

HP 97
AC 19

Forum Explorer
2015-11-21, 01:21 AM
A second form eh? Good, I wouldn't want this to be too easy! Nick-Knack the Invincible! said, trying to paralyze Goultard again as Stampy moved closer.

Stampy moves up to Goultard, casting Hold person on Goultard.

Goultard's save [roll0] vs 19

HP: 164 AC 27 Temp HP: 41

Irish Musician
2015-11-21, 01:58 PM
It is finally now time for Trist to show the god what he can do. Bow at the ready, Trist pulls out an arrow that he made especially for the god, Time to see if this god can withstand this, he thinks to himself. Trist knocks his arrow that has Purple Worm poison on it, aims, and fires at the frozen god, loosing another arrow just after it.

Turn - Dice gods, be kind please
Move - move 30' closer, and then 15' higher, should put me at ' away
Action - Pew Pew with advantage [roll0] or [roll1]
Damage - [roll2] + Sneak attack [roll3] + PW Poison [roll4] (half damage 23 because of save)
Extra Action - Attack again, because why not [roll5], [roll6]
Bonus - Shake butt at god?

Total Turn damage: 75

Magikeeper
2015-11-21, 05:22 PM
"Uthal, maybe re-gah, he probably can't hear me... so be it!"

Jeff surges with power, teleporting next to Goultard, rapidly firing another pair of spikes into him while shouting "Nick-Knack, you ready to re-summon Uthal?!"

The rest of whatever it is Jeff has to say is muffled over the noise of him finishing his blitz with an upward dash. It's just more mumbling about why Nick-Knack will be needing to re-summon Uthal.

Using his 1/short rest focus surge to gain an action (Multiassualt: Dashing Fins [+2x Flight movement[100]], Stranger Movement [teleport]). 2x sight-range teleports left.

He teleports right next to Goultard

Deception: [roll0]
Goultard's Insight: [roll1]
Well, at least Jeff appears to believe this summon stuff himself. :P

Spikes (Advantage since foe is paralyzed, no penalty for being within 5' since foe is paralyzed, all hits become criticals):

[roll2][roll3][roll4]
[roll5][roll6][roll7]

Total: 52 damage

Jeff's movement is to fly 150' straight up (0' away, 150' up) after doing everything else. He'd provoke if Goultard was in any condition to take him up on that.

Magikeeper
2015-11-26, 10:35 PM
As noted in OOC, having Morry act.

Morry furiously hacks at the bound divinity!

Apparently Morry moved closer two rounds ago? Sweet, I think he actually IS right next to Goultard so criticals are a go. He readied his warpick as well!

+2 Warpick (Advantaged, Hit = Crit!)
[roll0][roll1] [roll2]
[roll3][roll4] [roll5]
[roll6][roll7] [roll8]
[roll9][roll10] [roll11]

Total: 18 damage. :(

(I believe the expected damage from the above was 1.47 better than EB + Bonus Warpick attack).

I dunno if he'd normally move back afterward.. but if the divinity breaks free Morry could survive a round of hits and Uthal most certainly can't.

AC - 21
HP - 264/264

JNAProductions
2015-11-27, 06:52 AM
HP 159
AC 23

Goultard stays frozen on the ground.

Magikeeper
2015-11-27, 11:22 AM
As noted in OOC, having Morry act.

Morry continues to furiously hack at the bound divinity!

Jeff dips a bit closer to Goultard, firing spikes all the while.

MORRY:
+2 Warpick (Advantaged, Hit = Crit!)
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7][roll8]
[roll9][roll10][roll11]

Total: 13

AC - 21
HP - 264/264

--------
JEFF

Jeff flies 50' down. (0' away, 100' up) Alas, there do not appear to be any rules for flying faster if you're going straight down.

Spikes:
[roll12][roll13][roll14]
[roll15][roll16][roll17]

Total: 11

UrsusArctos
2015-11-27, 12:24 PM
Ulthal was on his last legs, having been badly beaten by Goultard, but a wave of healing energy passes over him, restoring much of the damage that had been dealt to him. He then strikes with his blade, quickly slicing at the paralyzed Goultard.

The coautl attempts to wrap itself around Goultard again. Should it succeed, it would fly high into the air and then release Goultard to plummet to the ground again, like it had before. Should it fail, it would retreat from Goultard moving away from him.

First, Ulthal will use Heal on himself for 70 hit points back. He then attacks Goultard with his Greatsword of Wounding, using War Priest, Great Weapon Master and Divine Strike for a total of +5 to hit and +10 damage as a bonus action.

[roll0] or [roll1] Auto Crit if Hit

[roll2] + [roll3] +15

Rerolls:
[roll4] and [roll5]

The Coautl:
[roll6] or [roll7] Auto Crit if Hit
[roll8] and grappled

Falling Damage [roll9]

That is: 52 unhealable damage from Ulthal and 47 from the Coautl. One wound is inflicted upon Goultard.

HP 90
AC 19

HP 97
AC 19

UrsusArctos
2015-11-28, 07:18 PM
The Coautl does not drop Goultard. Instead, it flies 45 feet into the air and holds him. Should the Hold Person wear off, it will drop him.

Also, I forgot damage for the wound.

[roll0]
For a one or two [roll1]

Irish Musician
2015-11-28, 07:58 PM
As he sees the god rise in the air, Trist backs off again, maintaining a 300' distance from him and the god. He knocks another arrow and lets it loose, another one following close behind.

Turn
Move - Enough so I am 300' away
Action x2 - [roll0] or [roll1]
Damage - [roll2] + sneak attack [roll3]
Second attack, [roll4] or [roll5], [roll6]

Total Dmg 51

Forum Explorer
2015-11-29, 01:49 AM
Hmmm Nick-Knack the Invincible! hummed a small tune to himself as he took some shots at the trapped god.

Scorching ray,
[roll0] with advantage [roll1]
damage [roll2]

[roll3] with advantage [roll4]
damage [roll5]

[roll6] with advantage [roll7]
damage [roll8]

20 damage total.

JNAProductions
2015-12-04, 06:51 PM
Goultard breaks out of the Couatl's grasp with ease, then leaps to the side of the canyon. As he falls, he jinks and jukes, making himself a harder target as he sprints for Ulthal.

When he reaches within 30' of the man, his blade glows with divine energy, and he lays into his own cleric.

You're next, little man! he shouts to Knick-Nack.

Breaking free as a bonus action-disadvantage on Goultard's Athletics check, advantage on the Couatl's: Autopass

[roll0] Jumping to the side of the Canyon (DC 30)

Dodge as he falls down the canyonside.

Then attacks: [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Banishing Smite, only to be used on Knick-Nack, and only if he survives the smite(s).

Irish Musician
2015-12-05, 12:24 PM
Trist sees the cleric get completely obliterated by Goultard. Well, that is certainly an interesting development. I'll try and provide some distraction, hopefully the cleric will get back on his feet. Trist then goes to shooting Goultard with arrows once again, trying to whittle down yet another form of his.

Turn
Action - Firing Arrows! PEW PEW!! [roll0]
Damage - [roll1], Sneak attack [roll2]
2nd Action - Moar Pew Pew [roll3], [roll4]

65 Dmg Total

Forum Explorer
2015-12-05, 12:46 PM
Nick-Knack the Invincible! moved Stampy over to Uthral's body, told him to kneel, and jumped off. Walking over, he took out a healing potion and poured it into Uthral's mouth. He then turned around, walked up to Goultard and looked up at him. Bring it! he sneered.

Healing potion puts Uthral at [roll0] hp

AC 27 with Disadvantage to attack Nick-Knack the Invincible! (until he takes a hit that round)
HP: 164
Temp HP: 41

Magikeeper
2015-12-05, 01:34 PM
Jeff continues his aerial fire support. Or at least he ensures the canyon floor will think twice before joining this fight!

The ozodrin mentally notes that Nick-Knack has things covered Uthal-wise, but it was unlikely any of them were going to be able to handle Goultard's newest form for long...

Jeff flies 50' up. (0' away, 150' up)

Spikes:
[roll0][roll1] [roll2]
[roll3][roll4] [roll5]

Total: 0 Damage

UrsusArctos
2015-12-05, 01:38 PM
Ulthal stood up, barely holding onto life from the vicious attacks of his own god. A holy bubble of energy surrounded him, and healed him.

Ulthal casts Sanctuary on himself and Heal from a 6th level slot.

HP 77
AC 19, Must Succeed on a DC 17 Wis save to attack

Forum Explorer
2015-12-10, 04:24 PM
Morry charged in, swinging his warpick.

4 attacks
[roll0] at disadvantage [roll1]
damage [roll2]

[roll3] at disadvantage [roll4]
damage [roll5]

[roll6] at disadvantage [roll7]
damage [roll8]

[roll9] at disadvantage [roll10]
damage [roll11]

Total damage = 8

JNAProductions
2015-12-10, 09:21 PM
HP 245
AC 24

Okay, the healer can wait. Little annoying man dies now, Goultard says, still bobbing and weaving. He then strikes out with his chainsword, sparing a single strike on Ulthal to banish him from the world for some time.

Dodge. Then attacks.

[roll0]
Disadvantage until he gets hit [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
Disadvantage until he gets hit [roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
Disadvantage until he gets hit [roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

113 damage to Knick-Nack

And on Ulthal:

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
5 from improved divine smite, rolled OOC

Ulthal takes 29 damage and is banished for one minute or until Goultard's concentration breaks.

Magikeeper
2015-12-11, 06:11 PM
"Whohoo! Even being divine is no match for having an exclamation point in your name, I suppose."

Jeff continues his upward motion and canyon floor spike painting. Maybe.. maybe Goultard might start tripping on them if he gets enough down there... sigh

For folk reading the IC but not OOC, should someone be following along or reading this in THE FUTURE: Nick-Knack's AC was actually 27 and he took 0 damage last round, not 113.

Jeff flies 50' up. (0' away, 200' up)

Spikes:
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4][roll5]

Forum Explorer
2015-12-11, 07:05 PM
You seem to be having trouble with the definition of the word invincible. Let me give you a hint; it means you can't kill me. Nick-Knack the Invincible! said, smirking. He called Stampy over, and casually climbed back aboard his mount. Deciding that while taunting gods was fun, a little more invincibility never hurt anyone, he cast Blink.

So casting Blink and getting back on Stampy. Still right beside Goultard for the record.

Is Nick-Knack the Invincible! currently existing on this plane?

11 or higher says no [roll0]

AC 27 with Disadvantage to attack Nick-Knack the Invincible! (until he takes a hit that round)
HP: 164
Temp HP: 41

UrsusArctos
2015-12-11, 09:29 PM
Morry swung at Goultard with his pick.

Ulthal found himself outside of reality, unable to act.

[roll0] or [roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3] or [roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6] or [roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9] or [roll10]
[roll11]

HP 264
AC 21

Ulthal:
HP 48
AC 19 [Banished]

Irish Musician
2015-12-14, 12:23 PM
Trist continues to fire on the god, hoping to break his concentration so that Uthal was no longer banished, and could help those on the ground.

Turn
Action - [roll0] or [roll1]
Damage - [roll2] and [roll3]
Extra Action - [roll4] or [roll5]
Damage - [roll6], if the first attack doesn't hit, but this one does, the sneak dmg will still apply
Bonus - Dodge

JNAProductions
2015-12-14, 10:34 PM
Alright, Mr. Invincible-try this! Goultard says as he leaps atop the elephant. He grabs Knick-Nack and shoves him to the ground, keeping a hold on the little man before pummeling into him. All the while, his body stays in a constant state of motion, never once staying still.

Dodge.

Grapple Knick Nack and shove him prone (auto successes).

One attack without advantage or disadvantage:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

One roll that MIGHT have advantage

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

One hit, 59 damage. Prone and Grappled.

Forum Explorer
2015-12-15, 12:12 AM
Nick-Knack the Invincible! laughed uproariously as Goultard's first strike bounced off his protective magical shield, but he gasped in shock when the second blow actually scratched him.

How dare you make me bleed my own blood! I will not tolerate such disrespect! Prepare for retribution! He shouted, as flickering flames covered his body. He then promptly disappears to the ethereal plane, slipping out of Goultard's grasp.

Casting Fire Shield, red. Now when Goultard hits Nick-Knack he'll take 2d8 in damage (getting him in a grapple and shoving him count as hits I think, but maintaining a grapple doesn't)

Blink out of existence on an 11 or better [roll0]

Blink has 9 turns left

UrsusArctos
2015-12-17, 04:40 PM
"Well, this is boring." Ulthal remains suspended in an empty space.

Meanwhile, Morry runs toward Goultard and climbs the elephant, swinging with his war pick.

Ulthal does nothing.

Morry climbs up the elephant and makes an attack.

[roll0] or [roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3] or [roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6] or [roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9] or [roll10]
[roll11]

HP 264
AC 21

HP 48
AC 19 [Banished]

Irish Musician
2015-12-17, 04:49 PM
Trist sees his arrows start to miss and gets worried.....he knows that his attacks are at their most lethal when he is able to get into the soft spots of his enemies. Goultard is bobbing and weaving too much for him to see them well. Trist nods, and knows what he must do. He flies down to the top of the canyon, land a good ways away from the god. He then chants a quick chant and turns invisible. Of course, once his Haste spell ends, he is very tired and is forced to stop for a moment and rest.....but no one can see that.

TURN
Actions - do what we said, move the 240' away, land, and go invisible, casting Greater Invisibility.

AC - 18 again
HP - 94/126

Magikeeper
2015-12-19, 10:42 PM
Jeff continues his upward motion and canyon floor spike painting. Maybe.. maybe if he aimed for the canyon floor he'd actually hit...?

Jeff flies 40' up. (0' away, 240' up)

Spikes:
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4][roll5]

UrsusArctos
2015-12-22, 04:04 PM
"One would expect that battle to death against a god would more exciting."

Meanwhile, Morry made a swipe at Goultard as he slipped away from him. Then, he ran towards the god, and used magic to ensure his next attack would strike true.

Ulthal continues to talk to himself in boredom.

Morry takes the OA, moves 30 feet closer to Goultard and casts True Strike on himself.

[roll0] or [roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: This post occurs after the next one, as actions were modified.

JNAProductions
2015-12-22, 08:15 PM
Goultard, seeing Knick-Nack vanish, sighs to himself. Always with the disappearing. And you! he shouts up the canyon. No getting away! he says as he reaches Trist, grabbing the cat and hurling him to the ground.

Dodge, run 100' towards and up the wall. Action two, Dash 200' nearer to Trist. Action three, move 100' nearer and Grapple then Shove Prone.

[roll0] vs [roll1]

[roll2] vs [roll3]

Forum Explorer
2015-12-23, 03:29 AM
Now prepare to face my-hey, where'd you go? Nick-Knack the Invincible! looked around in confusion. How dare you move to where I can't blast you! he yelled in frustration, directing Stampy to keep pace with Morry.

is he still in this dimension?

11 or more says no [roll0]

So preparing an action to cast Scorching Ray at Goultard if he appears.

AC 27, HP: 146 Temp hp: 2

Magikeeper
2015-12-26, 11:39 PM
Jeff flies to keep from falling to far behind the divinity, taking a shot as he does so.

Jeff uses Dashing Fins to fly 150', staying above the canyon as he does so (90' away, 240' above canyon floor [100' above Goultard])

Spikes:
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Irish Musician
2016-01-06, 03:49 PM
Trist just rolls his eyes at the god running at him, not able to move or even defend himself. Once Goultard has gotten to him, grabbed him, and slammed him into the ground, he coughs up some blood and cracks a wry smile, Glad to see that this god is so keen on attacking a defenseless, stunned creature. Nice to know I am not the only one without honor here. Overrated, isn't it? He then touches the god, hoping to hold him where he stands and rush back to his comrades.

Turn
Action - Hold person, hopefully it works, DC 18, His Save [roll0]
Escape? Acrobatics [roll1]
Bonus - If I escape, Dash 30ft away from him.

JNAProductions
2016-01-13, 12:04 PM
[roll0]

Goultard raises his sword high, before bringing it down on the werecat below him, savagely slicing into him.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]

Forum Explorer
2016-01-13, 05:13 PM
Second verse, same as the first.

is he still in this dimension?

11 or more says no [roll0]

So preparing an action to cast Sunbeam at Goultard if he appears within range.

AC 27, HP: 146 Temp hp: 2

UrsusArctos
2016-01-14, 05:27 PM
"I feel a disturbance in the force. As if a single voice cried out and was suddenly silenced. Murdered. Well, not much I can do about that in this existential void."

Morry's continued to run towards Goultard, and reach out with his hand. A spectral, ghostly hand appeared next to the god and grabbed onto him.

Ulthal muses on Trist's death.

Morry casts Chill Touch on Goultard.

With Advantage, thanks to the True Strike from last round.

[roll0] or [roll1]
[roll2]

Magikeeper
2016-01-18, 05:53 PM
Well, crap. Maybe they should think about retreating, coming back later.. hrm. Jeff glances back into the canyon. Looks like Uthal isn't back yet, no reason to rush for the body. Perhaps....

Jeff flies higher and fingers the cube in his pocket.

Jeff flies another 50' up. (Over canyon, 90ft from Trist's body and 290ft above canyon floor [so 90' away and 190' above Goultard's current location].

Jeff readies an action to use his cube of force, setting 2 (no inorganic) if Goultard tries to snatch him with the chain. I'm hoping Goultard will have to jump over the canyon to even swing the chain at him.

JNAProductions
2016-01-21, 12:19 PM
Goultard stays near Trist's body, waiting for the flying man to make his move. As he does, he continues to weave around, making a dificult target for the eventual attack.

Dodging. That's it.

UrsusArctos
2016-01-22, 01:36 PM
"How much longer do I have on this banishment? Half a minute?"

Morry continued to move towards the God and then focused his aim, so he would hit correctly despite all the dodging of Goultard.

Ulthal has 5 rounds left on the Banishment.

Morry casts True Strike on himself.

Magikeeper
2016-01-24, 12:01 AM
Jeff smiles. Delaying works, but he still needed to get the divinity to mov.. ahah.

He rises higher, ominously chanting gibberish while keeping his hand in his pocket. He raises his voice a little higher with each, ah, "stanza".

Jeff flies another 50' up. (Over canyon, 90ft from Trist's body and 340ft above canyon floor [so 90' away and 240' above Goultard's current location].

Jeff's trying to pass the chanting off as something serious:
Deception: [roll0]
Goultard's Insight: [roll1]

He continues to ready an action to use his cube of force, setting 2 (no inorganic) if Goultard tries to snatch him with the chain. I'm hoping Goultard will have to jump over the canyon to even swing the chain at him.

Forum Explorer
2016-02-05, 04:38 PM
Nothing happens so nothing is done.

Still preparing to cast Scorching ray when Goultard gets in range. Nothing else to do really.